User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiphobe View Post
    I am a little worried about Saul and Victor using scuba gear to get to Ground Zero. Yes it was hard to breathe in that area, but didn't they say it had nothing to do with the air?

I think it's a good precaution, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get there and find that they are still having trouble breathing.
    Hmm, We did hear birds in the area, did we? Maybe it zombie-free. Or they could brought zombie cat to test the air :-/

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Really cool episode on the whole, I very much liked how the group reacted to Kalani - like someone said before, it's quite like our reactions here on the forum: Michael responding maturely by stating that he's shocked but that it doesn't change anything, Datu taking the betrayal the hardest, Kelly responding with bitter anger, Pegs feeling hurt and shocked and Tanya being somewhat more resigned.

I did somewhat expect the "Tanya's got something wrong with her" storyline to pop up, mainly because it's being constantly mentioned on WND, but for good reason, we've been given several clues about this:
    • Tanya's "burn" or otherwise bandaged arm that Michael inquired about when first being treated by her
    • Her kidnapping by Randy, which cannot have been completely inconsequential, unless it was simply to bring up Randy again. However, if that were the case, then I think KC would have him attack someone else, say Riley or Stephen. Unless he was deliberately laying red herrings, which, knowing KC...
    • Her complaints about being cold and wearing a sweater
    • And of course now, her completely irrational behaviour at Ft Irwin

As far as I can see, there are a few reasonable conclusions:
    • Tanya is bitten/infected, and has been treating herself (and perhaps Saul) with some kind of drug, which she has ran out of supplies for or simply knows that the Ft Irwin people won't accept that she's fine
    • Tanya and Saul are immune, because of their blood or some such. In this case, her back wounds probably were from Randy but are inconsequential
    • Tanya is slowly turning and Saul is just not infected. As such, she knows that her time is approaching an end - this would explain her seemingly deteriorating health, and fits in with the "slow turning" idea she mentioned before in the Colony.

I personally think that it'll be the third theory - that it might be Tanya's last breath we end up witnessing. I'm just not a fan of "cures" in zombie stories - they always seem simplistic, and I've never actually seen a zombie story where they are anything more than a pipe dream. Then again, We're Alive is so completely different to any other story, so maybe it'll actually be the case. Who knows.

I just really hope it isn't Victor who dies. I think he has more to live for, or should die more heroically than simply being infected or choked by dumb zombie mist.

"Lurker"

Status
    Well, my 2 cents on whose "Last Dying Breath" it me be is that I don"t think it will be an of the established characters to die. I think it is very possible that Saul and Victor will find someone in or around Ground Zero that has some info on what is going on and will give them a clue to what went on there with their last dying breath. Of course this is just me personal theory, I am probably wrong.

The Mighty Atomic Hamster has spoken

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Okay, my final guess is Saul is going to show he's going to keep trying to rescue Lizzy no matter what. Not ruling out other plays on the words happening; but I'm fixated on that point being true. So, I guess if I'm wrong I will just have to use some anti-fixative.
    SKITTLES?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by fridginators View Post
    As far as I can see, there are a few reasonable conclusions:
    • Tanya is bitten/infected, and has been treating herself (and perhaps Saul) with some kind of drug, which she has ran out of supplies for or simply knows that the Ft Irwin people won't accept that she's fine
    • Tanya and Saul are immune, because of their blood or some such. In this case, her back wounds probably were from Randy but are inconsequential
    • Tanya is slowly turning and Saul is just not infected. As such, she knows that her time is approaching an end - this would explain her seemingly deteriorating health, and fits in with the "slow turning" idea she mentioned before in the Colony.
    I've been enjoying following the threads about Tanya's erratic behavior - lots of creativity out there!
    My opinion is tending towards the theory that she had been experimenting with infection while at the Colony and somehow (accidentally or even purposefully) exposed herself to it while trying to administer some kind of cure or vaccine that prevents turning. More than anyone else (except maybe Lizzy), she has seemed to be most intent on studying the zombies themselves and reading through the journals for clues.

For those of you leaning towards the infected/slow-turning/experimenting theories, my question to you is:

WHY WOULDN'T SHE TELL HER TOWER GROUP OR HER SON?

I know that she would risk being isolated and possibly tied-up, but Michael, et al, have shown themselves to be trustworthy by now. If they were going to a base, she should have expected to be examined - the group could have figured out a way to protect her. She's read their journals and seen their commitment to experimentation - she probably would have had allies who would support her in her research.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicHamster View Post
    All bow low to make the noises most squibbly before
    The Mighty Atomic Hamster!
    We scurry before thy pilated pouches
    SKITTLES?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    I am having trouble with the fact that they have choosen to not tell Hope. I feel like she has a right to know who shot Pippin right next to her. She has no idea it could be anyone with her, unless she is listening in again.
    I know the Hope thread was brought up a while back, but I wanted to read through everything before responding - and everyone's been chiming in on this incredible episode!

Not only should they have brought Hope into this discussion, but I think it's going to be a significant omission. First off, it seems that when they try to keep secrets from one another, it comes back to bite them.

I get the feeling that Hope's character is hiding a key plot element and Tanya seems to be sheltering/protecting her for some reason that is hidden under the guise of her blindness. Perhaps Hope will be the one to bring light to why Tanya has reacted the way she did. There have already been interesting suggestions in the forum that Hope is not actually blind. If Tanya's taken away, Hope will be more open to sharing what she's been holding back.
    Any thoughts to what she might be able to reveal?

Thanks to KC for a truly masterful, riveting episode!

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Well, my 2 cents on whose "Last Dying Breath" it me be is that I don"t think it will be an of the established characters to die. I think it is very possible that Saul and Victor will find someone in or around Ground Zero that has some info on what is going on and will give them a clue to what went on there with their last dying breath. Of course this is just me personal theory, I am probably wrong.

That is a cool theory.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel Fan View Post
    I know the Hope thread was brought up a while back, but I wanted to read through everything before responding - and everyone's been chiming in on this incredible episode!

Not only should they have brought Hope into this discussion, but I think it's going to be a significant omission. First off, it seems that when they try to keep secrets from one another, it comes back to bite them.

I get the feeling that Hope's character is hiding a key plot element and Tanya seems to be sheltering/protecting her for some reason that is hidden under the guise of her blindness. Perhaps Hope will be the one to bring light to why Tanya has reacted the way she did. There have already been interesting suggestions in the forum that Hope is not actually blind. If Tanya's taken away, Hope will be more open to sharing what she's been holding back.
    Any thoughts to what she might be able to reveal?

Thanks to KC for a truly masterful, riveting episode!
    THANK YOU i feel the same i also feel like Tanya may shelter her a little too much and this mayncome to light without Tanya here.

I did not think about her knowing something but we will see soon...hopefully.

Teehee speaking of i got my dad hooked on the series now he is bummed that he has to wait

"Gatherer"

Status

As much as I like CJ and her kung-fu grip, I don't see her getting any further in the story. I think she is in the story just to get the WA folks to ground zero. Once that is done and she gives up the location of her tower, the WA folks have everything they could need. A brand spanking new tower, with a fully stocked armory. If she gives up the combo to her safe they have all her intel too. So really, if anyone is going to buy it, its CJ.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast