LiamKerrington
Apr 26th, 2016, 09:13 AM
And here we go ...

... enjoy the brainZ-frenzy!

Storm
Apr 26th, 2016, 10:02 AM
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? XD
Poor drunk guy...
I really enjoy having this long episodes though, lets you get more into it and what not...

Storm
Apr 26th, 2016, 10:52 AM
I can't make out what that second line of the Card deck rap's supposed to be...Or the last line from... Marc?? Gotta love not being a native English speaker sometimes, lol!
But...DAAAMN! I loved this. The handeling of the drunk got me excited, nice Little action scene, and beautiful sound design too...As if that wouldn't be the case ^^ Can't wait for NeXT week.

Litmaster
Apr 26th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Listened 3X already. Awesome. I'll write more later in the week.

nikvoodoo
Apr 26th, 2016, 03:50 PM
I know this place....its familiar yet different.

So hurray for a swift broken leg and a crushed skull/broken neck. I think I'll stay for a while.

Kc
Apr 26th, 2016, 05:26 PM
I know this place....its familiar yet different.

So hurray for a swift broken leg and a crushed skull/broken neck. I think I'll stay for a while.
Wait what? Seriously? You got hurt? We should probably talk offline~

sixgunbuddyguy
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:02 PM
I'm really liking this so far, but I'm concerned about the length. If we're already a third of the way through, how is this all going to get wrapped up in 4 episodes? Regardless I'm super excited for whatever is coming

Litmaster
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Ah, hold on... does the blue thingie mean that this thread is only viewable to backers until next Monday?
That would simplify things; wouldn't have to worry about ruining anyone's experience if I knew they couldn't see it anyway.

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Wait what? Seriously? You got hurt? We should probably talk offline~

Acting out the action from the show accurately in real life is hazardous to your health.

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:45 PM
The only thing that I will spoil is that my character does not appear in the first two episodes.

nikvoodoo
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Acting out the action from the show accurately in real life is hazardous to your health.

Only in the hands of the inexperienced and the incredibly dim. I'll let you choose which one you believe me to be.

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Well, I can't speak about your experience because I don't know you. And you don't seem dim. I'll just hope that you aren't really busting legs or heads into concrete walls.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 26th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Who do that Voodoo that you do so well?
Nikvoodoo that doo doo that's causing that smell!!
Welcome back man. You're the Shi.....zNik!
:D

Witch_Doctor
Apr 26th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Ah, hold on... does the blue thingie mean that this thread is only viewable to backers until next Monday?
That would simplify things; wouldn't have to worry about ruining anyone's experience if I knew they couldn't see it anyway.
I don't think so. The forum accounts probably aren't linked to the Kickstarter accounts. With that being said, what blue light thingy (That I so confidently commented on.) are you talking about?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM
The only thing that I will spoil is that my character does not appear in the first two episodes.

Are you one of the backers that got a speaking roll?

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Are you one of the backers that got a speaking roll?

Yes, I am.

Storm
Apr 27th, 2016, 05:17 AM
... what blue light thingy are you talking about?

Ooh, the blue lights! Nobody knows what they are... Most avoid looking at the blue lights these days, baaad experiences in the past, very bad. Those lights bring no good. Ignore them. Ignore their tempting illusion of safety from what might lurk in the shadows...What lurks within that blue light is much, much worse...
*Cough* I mean...Yeah, what blue light are you talking about? *Scrolls up to read replies*

Kc
Apr 27th, 2016, 11:54 AM
There's nothing preventing anyone not Kickstarter wandering in here, but don't let that stop you :)

molson
Apr 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Not a criticism, but I'm amused how much the one jailer still wants to stick with official protocol even though they've reached the point where they're literally trying to bust through a wall to find food so they don't starve to death. I wonder long this will go on. I'm imagining this group being chased all over the jail by zombies later and this guy is still yelling, "hold on, I haven't filled out the proper paperwork to transfer you to this part of the jail!"

MGM Ray
Apr 27th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Those blue lights have no special significance and most definitely have nothing to do with who did or did not contribute handsomely towards the Lockdown Project.
Now, that we have that settled....... where exactly are the blue lights that you are seeing???

Litmaster
Apr 27th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Those blue lights have no special significance and most definitely have nothing to do with who did or did not contribute handsomely towards the Lockdown Project.
Now, that we have that settled....... where exactly are the blue lights that you are seeing???

Blue. Envelope-looking. Thingie.

Litmaster
Apr 27th, 2016, 02:40 PM
I feel like, as a moderator, I should know what the blue thingie represents, but Wayland Pro. has been pretty lax in their employee training as of late. Send your complaints directly to management.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 27th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Ooh, the blue lights! Nobody knows what they are... Most avoid looking at the blue lights these days, baaad experiences in the past, very bad. Those lights bring no good. Ignore them. Ignore their tempting illusion of safety from what might lurk in the shadows...What lurks within that blue light is much, much worse...
*Cough* I mean...Yeah, what blue light are you talking about? *Scrolls up to read replies*
Did I stumble into Nightvale?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 27th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Not a criticism, but I'm amused how much the one jailer still wants to stick with official protocol even though they've reached the point where they're literally trying to bust through a wall to find food so they don't starve to death. I wonder long this will go on. I'm imagining this group being chased all over the jail by zombies later and this guy is still yelling, "hold on, I haven't filled out the proper paperwork to transfer you to this part of the jail!"

I think that sort of makes the story interesting from a certain angle, myself. My impression of him is that he hasn't accepted that the !#$@ has hit the fan on the rest of the world. If the riot is contained in the prison or only a local event, then the rules still apply. His part of the story might deal with the internal struggle of when and where his duty ends. How far and how much of society must collapse before the life and safety of the imprisoned outweighs their debt to society.

Since Lockdown has been out, I keep thinking about how the situation was handled on a scale much smaller than TEOTWAWKI, such as Hurricane Katrina. Here is an interesting article. https://www.hrw.org/news/2005/09/21/new-orleans-prisoners-abandoned-floodwaters

Funny comment about filling out paperwork while being chased by zombies. :cool:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 27th, 2016, 05:50 PM

Blue. Envelope-looking. Thingie.

OH!!!!
The Blue thingy means that the thread contains posts that you haven't read yet.

Storm
Apr 27th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Did I stumble into Nightvale?

Mmm, WHO knows... Could be :P I really need to get back to that podcast, I'm still stuck at episode 20...Good stuff though ^^

Litmaster
Apr 27th, 2016, 06:41 PM
OH!!!!

Haha! Oh, fuck you, Doc! I don't need you pointing out how much of a dumbass I am. Can handle that just fine on my own!

But thanks, yeah. That.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2016, 12:07 PM

Yep, I can imagine Mark demanding that all of the inmates undergo a cavity search, before seeking safe haven from chasing zombies, before entering off limit areas. But, how long will Bogart continue to free-style rap everything he says, likes he's a refuge from a Dr. Seuss story?

"We're gonna die in the jail because the guard can't have a gun,
The only weapon around is a taser set to stun.
That didn't stop the last fiend, had to smash his head till he was done,
Now get your finger out my butt. Here they come!!!
We got to RUN!"

nikvoodoo
Apr 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Haha! Oh, fuck you, Doc! I don't need you pointing out how much of a dumbass I am. Can handle that just fine on my own!

But thanks, yeah. That.

The down arrow symbol also acts as a quick link to the final post in the thread similar to the double right facing arrows you'll see near the time stamp of the final post. It's actually the only clickable item like that among the items that appear as icons in topic headers.

Storm
Apr 29th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Yep, I can imagine Mark demanding that all of the inmates undergo a cavity search, before seeking safe haven from chasing zombies, before entering off limit areas. But, how long will Bogart continue to free-style rap everything he says, likes he's a refuge from a Dr. Seuss story?

"We're gonna die in the jail because the guard can't have a gun,
The only weapon around is a taser set to stun.
That didn't stop the last fiend, had to smash his head till he was done,
Now get your finger out my butt. Here they come!!!
We got to RUN!"
Brilliant :D I could totally see Bogart do something like that...Let's just hope he'll survive for a good while, would suck to lose a guy like him.
Once Lockdown's over, someone should put those to music XD

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Brilliant :D I could totally see Bogart do something like that...Let's just hope he'll survive for a good while, would suck to lose a guy like him.
Once Lockdown's over, someone should put those to music XD

Hey, I LOVE that idea!!!! Looks like we might get our musical after all!

wh33t
Apr 30th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Is the drunk guy Ink?

Storm
Apr 30th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Is the drunk guy Ink?

Nah...Ink would ... not be at the Court house at this point, with it being a day or so later or something...Probably on his way back or something.

Witch_Doctor
May 1st, 2016, 08:39 AM
Is the drunk guy Ink?

Nah...Ink would ... not be at the Court house at this point, with it being a day or so later or something...Probably on his way back or something.

Yeah, Storm is right. I think the drunk guy is someone who is actually infected and only thought to be drunk. One of the guards said that lots of drunks have been dropped off during the day and that the 'drunk tank' was too crowded to hold any more. That's why this particular drunk guy was placed in the padded cell that was previously occupied by Ink.

Witch_Doctor
May 1st, 2016, 03:24 PM
Chuck mentions at 39:30 that he met a guy 'Dan' who told him about The Families, even showing him the ring with the insignia on it. How much you want to bet that 'Dan' is actually Angel Tunudo?
At 47:21 it's mentioned that the guy from the drunk tank is bleeding. So he'll be the first to die, or to turn?
The mention of Block 7 being under construction has to be significant. Willing to bet that some future scenes take place there. Or maybe that's their means of egress?

Once shit starts to go bad, the guards are the only ones capable of freeing any locked prisoners, so I'm guessing the guards and inmates are gonna have to team up here. "The enemy of my enemy", as Burt says.

That's about it for now. Can't wait to hear the next episode. Part of me wants to just binge the whole damned thing, but a part of me wants to savor it. In the immortal words of Puck, "Now I gotta wait." :nik:

Chuck said the Family guy's name was 'something' like Dan and Jeremy derided him for not remembering his name but so many other details. What do think that it could be Durai? I can't imagine how this would play further into this story other than a homage to W.A.A.S.O.S. (We're Alive: A Story Of Survival.)

The 'drunk' guy, bleeding..... Good Catch LilMeister!!! A guard says that LOTS of drunks were being dropped off. Maybe the drunk tank is in block 8. Gonna need to spread the love around before I can REP you for this one.

Guards and Inmates, Member molson mentioned Mark's fondness for protocol. The guards are already seeing that they have to depend on the prisoners... Jeremy and Fredo have already stepped up to the plate. Jodi is the only one who can fully communicate with Fredo, so imagine his lonely position. Sadly, this last point reminds me of a passenger on one United 93 (?) who didn't speak English and could probably only guess at what was going on.

MrRedBeard
May 1st, 2016, 07:37 PM
Holy crap that was awesome! Fredo SMASH!!

Kat E
May 2nd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Yep Mark has his rule set and sticks to it to the letter. We know he's married (mistakenly forgot to take off his wedding ring "ONE time!") and yet he says nothing about trying to contact his wife. If the man has been married for any time at all, rule no. 1 is if you're going to be late, you call. His brain is probably in overload, his job rules vs. marital rules. Bet he caves and gets I.T. Girl to try and get word to his wife that he's okay and will be late for dinner...indefinitely.

room237
May 2nd, 2016, 07:37 PM
I really enjoyed the acting in this episode!

KPCoyote
May 2nd, 2016, 08:10 PM
He may have tried to call when the inmates had no contact with him.

Kat E
May 2nd, 2016, 10:39 PM
He may have tried to call when the inmates had no contact with him.

I'm sure Mark has tried, but they've mentioned they can't get a line outside at all. It must be adding to his stress levels in an already untenable situation. He needs his rules to function, so I predict the boy is on the verge of a total crack-up.

cupcakezombie
May 3rd, 2016, 12:19 AM
A few thoughts on the drunk in padded cell. I'm thinking he was a slow turner, and potentially there a few people in the prison were slower turners.
We do know there was a fight in the drunk tank and people were injured. And that the drunk tank was overflowing.

It seems highly unlikely that they would mistake zombies for merely drunk and move them to other areas. And we know that he was somewhat responsive earlier in the episode.

This gives us a few things to think about:
- This is early in the story, so could the earliest turners be slow turners
- Interesting that our guys was in the padded cell, seems like the place you would thrown the one who started the fight.
- I wonder where the person who entered the prison got exposed

Long grasp theories from this
- Alcohol slows turning which is why they were so spread around the place
- As this is very early could we be looking at some of the first turners from ground zero, ie exposure to the fog turners are slow and appear drunk as it turns them. We know from WA that simple exposure to the fog doesn't turn you straight away. So maybe some critical level needs to be reached and even then it takes time.

Cdmassey987
May 3rd, 2016, 06:08 AM
Loving Lockdown so far. The characters are great and the story is solid. I like that each episode leaves you on the hook. I'd love to know if Kc and/or Grayson enjoy the longer prodcution style of WA or the longer episodes but shorter series style of Lockdown more. Hey Kc or Grayson if you are out there :)

So beyond Lockdown I've listened to a handful of other audio dramas and I really haven't found any with the production value of WA so thank you WA team!

UndeadSweeper
May 3rd, 2016, 09:40 AM
Eps 3 out for KSer, Lockdown!

Kc
May 3rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Loving Lockdown so far. The characters are great and the story is solid. I like that each episode leaves you on the hook. I'd love to know if Kc and/or Grayson enjoy the longer prodcution style of WA or the longer episodes but shorter series style of Lockdown more. Hey Kc or Grayson if you are out there :)

So beyond Lockdown I've listened to a handful of other audio dramas and I really haven't found any with the production value of WA so thank you WA team!

It's harder, for sure. Lots of work to do all that at once. The longer format does make things complicated. It takes longer to do drafts and even to proof takes over an hour. We're on overdrive lately.

peterw
May 4th, 2016, 01:30 AM
I'm interested in the slow turning of the drunk too.

Loving the story and production. Thanks to the kick starters and wayland productions. You guys rock.

Cdmassey987
May 4th, 2016, 10:17 AM
It's harder, for sure. Lots of work to do all that at once. The longer format does make things complicated. It takes longer to do drafts and even to proof takes over an hour. We're on overdrive lately.

I can imagine you are in overdrive. It's awesome though that you guys manage to produce such amazing content with such consistency. It is interesting to hear, I guess that I knew it would be harder because it is a longer episode, but I wonder do you like having more time per episode or did you enjoy having the shorter length in order to develop characters?.

Duffusmonkey
May 4th, 2016, 11:15 AM
OH!!!!

What there are blue lights!!###

razorphreak
May 5th, 2016, 10:27 AM
My thought on the drunks: they aren't drunk at all. Nothing was ever really talked about with the first who turned from Ground Zero. There wasn't anything from those who lived in that area so the gas that hit them could have effected them slowly and made them seem drunk. They inhaled enough of the gas to get them started to turn and some turned faster than others, perhaps still at GZ, and those were the first who started biting others.

The guy in the holding cell was taken away from the gas so he turned slower...but still turned.

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2016, 03:56 PM

I thought the blue light was to indicate when a registered user was active on the website at the time you see the said blue light.

... and i see the mystery is solved (late reader).

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM
I was a kickstarter backer and I was hoping to save up the episodes for my flight and jump on the forums afterwards. But things don't always go according to plan.

I loved this episode, and I hit the point somewhere in the middle of this one that got me thinking the series has to end... again. such a sad thought, but I love hearing from this universe. Someone else mentioned it earlier, but like them, I really haven't found anything audio drama that does what We're Alive does for me. Sure, I got Freakonomics and 99% Invisible, but those don't swallow me up into a world of suspense and danger around the corner.

And no, I still don't care for Nightvale, though I can appreciate what it does for others.

Witch_Doctor
May 5th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Notice how Fredo is tearing up the wall almost by himself. This is him in 'human' form. Imagine what he could do with certain enhancements.

MGM Ray
May 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM
A few thoughts on the drunk in padded cell. I'm thinking he was a slow turner, and potentially there a few people in the prison were slower turners.
We do know there was a fight in the drunk tank and people were injured. And that the drunk tank was overflowing.

It seems highly unlikely that they would mistake zombies for merely drunk and move them to other areas. And we know that he was somewhat responsive earlier in the episode.

- Interesting that our guys was in the padded cell, seems like the place you would thrown the one who started the fight.

- As this is very early could we be looking at some of the first turners from ground zero, ie exposure to the fog turners are slow and appear drunk as it turns them. We know from WA that simple exposure to the fog doesn't turn you straight away. So maybe some critical level needs to be reached and even then it takes time.

I beg to differ. The drunk tank holds more than merely drunks. It also holds those who are under the influence of other drugs as well. The early symptoms or onset of the zombie fever may manifest itself in people differently. Some may present as being on methamphetamine, bath salts, heroin etc. etc. So I think it's possible the drunk tanks were overflowing due to the early onset of the bug and the street cops doing what they are paid to do, "Maintain order!" To do that you take those who fail to follow that rule and book them into jail until they agree to comply. Unfortunately in this world you also create a nest of infected and end up with a nuclear melt down.

Merlin1274
May 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Great Theories. Also dont forget when Saul was in the trunk with all the broken booze. The zombies left him alone. Maybe a connection?

Witch_Doctor
May 14th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Great Theories. Also dont forget when Saul was in the trunk with all the broken booze. The zombies left him alone. Maybe a connection?

Yeah, I thought the alcohol possibly slowed down the infection too at first. This reason and the fact that prior to being exposed to Tommy's Z-Cooties, he was Tow-up-from-da-flo-up drunk at the party. But we know ow that he was immune.

Witch_Doctor
May 14th, 2016, 04:11 PM

My thought on the drunks: they aren't drunk at all...... The guy in the holding cell was taken away from the gas so he turned slower...but still turned.

I beg to differ. The drunk tank holds more than merely drunks. It also holds those who are under the influence of other drugs as well. The early symptoms or onset of the zombie fever may manifest itself in people differently. Some may present as being on methamphetamine, bath salts, heroin etc. etc. So I think it's possible the drunk tanks were overflowing due to the early onset of the bug and the street cops doing what they are paid to do, "Maintain order!" To do that you take those who fail to follow that rule and book them into jail until they agree to comply. Unfortunately in this world you also create a nest of infected and end up with a nuclear melt down.

Yep, after listening again, after a guard points out that he is bleeding, another guard says that he was in a fight. He was probably bitten in the drunk tank and turned later. Also, MGM Ray has a point, They could have put anyone who was out of their ever lasting mind in the drunk tank.

KPCoyote
May 18th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Yep, after listening again, after a guard points out that he is bleeding, another guard says that he was in a fight. He was probably bitten in the drunk tank and turned later. Also, MGM Ray has a point, They could have put anyone who was out of their ever lasting mind in the drunk tank.

Maybe the gas from Inglewood got to the jail?

Witch_Doctor
May 19th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Maybe the gas from Inglewood got to the jail?

I think that's a possibility too. I'm having trouble judging the distance from Google maps, though.

KPCoyote
May 19th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I think that's a possibility too. I'm having trouble judging the distance from Google maps, though.

Plus we know that others that had been exposed to the gas over time did move around and then turn on the 8th. So the initial slow turn could be explained that way. Then once it was started it switched into high gear.

Witch_Doctor
May 19th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Plus we know that others that had been exposed to the gas over time did move around and then turn on the 8th. So the initial slow turn could be explained that way. Then once it was started it switched into high gear.

Can you imagine a disease like that in real life. The initial infection directly from the source progresses slowly, but when the symptoms manifest it spreads quickly from host to host.

Kat E
May 19th, 2016, 11:37 PM
So I checked Yelp for a bar in Inglewood which would have made an interesting spot for gas exposure to at least one of our drunken idiots in the tank at Twin Towers--Good Time Lounge. How's that for ironically prophetic and poetic? It's in the middle of Inglewood and about 10 miles as the crow flies from the jail. Okay 15 miles for the police to pick a guy up and drive the infected person there. So one Good Time Charlie could ruin it for Downtown Los Angeles and beyond. All roads may have led to Rome, but all places around the globe can be reached from LAX. Which is located where?? Butt up against Inglewood. Just sayin.

KPCoyote
May 20th, 2016, 08:07 AM
So I checked Yelp for a bar in Inglewood which would have made an interesting spot for gas exposure to at least one of our drunken idiots in the tank at Twin Towers--Good Time Lounge. How's that for ironically prophetic and poetic? It's in the middle of Inglewood and about 10 miles as the crow flies from the jail. Okay 15 miles for the police to pick a guy up and drive the infected person there. So one Good Time Charlie could ruin it for Downtown Los Angeles and beyond. All roads may have led to Rome, but all places around the globe can be reached from LAX. Which is located where?? Butt up against Inglewood. Just sayin.
Makes good sense to me.

KPCoyote
May 20th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Can you imagine a disease like that in real life. The initial infection directly from the source progresses slowly, but when the symptoms manifest it spreads quickly from host to host.

Thanks to KC I now can.