PDA

View Full Version : I'll take LOCKDOWN for $1,000, Alex.....

Annamarie08
Apr 4th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Well, that WALKING DEAD finale just proved another known fact - I cannot wait for an actual well-written show like LOCKDOWN to be here. Amazing how some writers can just kill an entire season.

Gooer
Apr 5th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Was it that bad? I heard something, but didn't realise it was that bad. Glad i gave up after season 5.....

Merlin1274
Apr 5th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Yea I did not like the way it panned out. But they did not portray Negan like they needed to. He was more Flamboyant and Energetic. I can understand cutting down his profanity.

Annamarie08
Apr 5th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Was it that bad? I heard something, but didn't realise it was that bad. Glad i gave up after season 5.....

You were smart. I've been an idiot sticking around since Darabont left.....he was the life of the show....Gimple sucks ass.....everything is so slow and drawn out....Finale was atrocious except for a couple of minor parts I enjoyed.....

Annamarie08
Apr 5th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Yea I did not like the way it panned out. But they did not portray Negan like they needed to. He was more Flamboyant and Energetic. I can understand cutting down his profanity.

Negan was on point for television. His speech was pretty good at the end, but a few words I would have replaced....like 'pee pee pants' - I mean, really? I liked his energy, but honestly, I do not think he was scary or that intimidating - besides holding the bat...LOL......I feel like this entire season was written around NEGAN'S 'big entrance' and realistically - it wasn't that great. He walked out & sort of looked 'too good' - ya know? Ugh - just so disappointed in the direction this show has gone......I'm a personal assistant for a screenwriter, so I get to visit a lot of movie & television sets so I understand that the comics and television are 2 different mediums....and I don't mind when they change things around as needed.....but this is THE WRITING....it's been so lackluster.....in the comics they take chances and risks......on the screen - it's so predictable and safe.....I could go on and on.....but it's pointless.....

KPCoyote
Apr 12th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Well, that WALKING DEAD finale just proved another known fact - I cannot wait for an actual well-written show like LOCKDOWN to be here. Amazing how some writers can just kill an entire season.

I agree that We're Alive should be the one on Tv, comics, etc. This is a show that has exceeded my expectations.

Annamarie08
Apr 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I agree that We're Alive should be the one on Tv, comics, etc. This is a show that has exceeded my expectations.

I gotta say, KPCoyote - I'm not 100% sure I want to see WA on the screen. I can't imagine it being as good as it is as a podcast. I feel like it is so well written as is - for audio - that if it was written for television - it will most likely take away from the genius of it. As I stated in a previous comment - television is a whole other medium - and with the huge story lines WA has offered - I can't see it living up to television unless an unfettered budget went along with it, which is unlikely..... I am sort of comparing it to the common book/movie debates.....more often than not - the book is always better......it allows the reader/listener to imagine the story unfolding through their own eyes and mind and not what a producer/director allows you to see.

KPCoyote
Apr 17th, 2016, 09:49 AM
I gotta say, KPCoyote - I'm not 100% sure I want to see WA on the screen. I can't imagine it being as good as it is as a podcast. I feel like it is so well written as is - for audio - that if it was written for television - it will most likely take away from the genius of it. As I stated in a previous comment - television is a whole other medium - and with the huge story lines WA has offered - I can't see it living up to television unless an unfettered budget went along with it, which is unlikely..... I am sort of comparing it to the common book/movie debates.....more often than not - the book is always better......it allows the reader/listener to imagine the story unfolding through their own eyes and mind and not what a producer/director allows you to see.

I totally understand where you are coming from on this. But I would still love to see a full comic book series. There are some amazing artists out there that could easily bring We're Alive to even more people. I suggested Joe Wight to Grayson a while ago.

jaymike65
Apr 17th, 2016, 04:46 PM
to be honest i like Z-Nation better than Walking Dead, its more campy and funnier, but now the LockDown is here I can enjoy a good summer of listening.

Jpyates
Apr 27th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to say having we're alive back with lockdown is amazing and just listening is amazing I am not sure either that crossing it over to small or big screen will ever due it justice

KPCoyote
May 27th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Just wanted to say having we're alive back with lockdown is amazing and just listening is amazing I am not sure either that crossing it over to small or big screen will ever due it justice

As long as there are more stories I am happy to continue discussing justice being served to a We're Alive small or big screen possibility. And I know that there are some great artists out there. I would just dance with joy if I could get a comic for We're Alive. Like survival shorts, what not to do, or tales of other We're Alive story areas where there may have been other survivors that didn't have the loose ends tied up. For example, could there been some survivors from Boulder or Fort Irwin that didn't quite get into the "Spoilers"? Could there have been some survivors still hiding out in Yosemite National Park? The theatre of the mind is probably the most powerful screen we could ask for.

Kat E
May 27th, 2016, 08:36 PM

Hear, hear!!