PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline in the apocalypse?

Annamarie08
Mar 9th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I hate to be that annoying fan who brings up trivial shit, but.......wait - no I don't.

Seriously, though, does anyone know if Kc ever mentioned if or when he was planning on bringing to light the gasoline issue? Like how chemicals, particularly ethanol, break down overtime. I would think that pure gasoline would go bad in under a year - maybe with additives, a little over a year.

I gotta say, it does get me annoyed a bit that in 'The Walking Dead' the topic hasn't even been broached once. It's been well over 2 years in the storyline & they are still driving trucks, motorcycles & cars.

Gooer
Mar 9th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I hate to be that annoying fan who brings up trivial shit, but.......wait - no I don't.

Seriously, though, does anyone know if Kc ever mentioned if or when he was planning on bringing to light the gasoline issue? Like how chemicals, particularly ethanol, break down overtime. I would think that pure gasoline would go bad in under a year - maybe with additives, a little over a year.

I gotta say, it does get me annoyed a bit that in 'The Walking Dead' the topic hasn't even been broached once. It's been well over 2 years in the storyline & they are still driving trucks, motorcycles & cars.

The only thing the Walking Dead focuses on is the boring plot line of finding/making a community, something bad (like zombies or some mean people) turn up, they loose it all, then starting again. How do the have all the ammo they have?

Annamarie08
Mar 10th, 2016, 06:01 AM
The only thing the Walking Dead focuses on is the boring plot line of finding/making a community, something bad (like zombies or some mean people) turn up, they loose it all, then starting again. How do the have all the ammo they have?

As far as I'm concerned, 'The Walking Dead' lost it's shine after the 2nd season - when it lost Frank Darabont, the show's creator and executive producer. We'll never get back that creepy vibe the show was so good at portraying. Remember the scene when they are all on the highway & they have to hide underneath the cars? When Sophia runs off and goes missing? That was one of the most epic scenes I've ever scene in any television or film. Those scenes are long gone. �� And yes, Gooer - the ammo! Endless amounts of ammo. And gasoline.

Gooer
Mar 10th, 2016, 12:46 PM
As far as I'm concerned, 'The Walking Dead' lost it's shine after the 2nd season - when it lost Frank Darabont, the show's creator and executive producer. We'll never get back that creepy vibe the show was so good at portraying. Remember the scene when they are all on the highway & they have to hide underneath the cars? When Sophia runs off and goes missing? That was one of the most epic scenes I've ever scene in any television or film. Those scenes are long gone. �� And yes, Gooer - the ammo! Endless amounts of ammo. And gasoline.

Yea, I was going to say something like that too, but refrained in case someone would disagree with me ahaha

Merlin1274
Mar 11th, 2016, 07:13 AM
They have experienced periods of no ammo.
I agree on the endless Gas but they do not drive around all that much. Problem with gas. Over a period of time it goes bad. Unless they found a warehouse of Stabil or something similar to keep the gas from going bad.

At least in the comics they address the issue of ammo and setup a reloading operation.. But in reality I am sure they find lots of ammo scavenging certain areas.. Heck I am sure the military left lots of goodies laying around. Never understood why they never acquired more of an arsenal..

This season has been one of the better since its start.. IMO.. I just wish We're alive was on TV it would be a better show in my opinion. Not because I am trying to suck up or anything. Its just how I have felt from the beginning.. I read the comics way before I found WA.. I love the world KC brought alive.

Kc
Mar 11th, 2016, 10:47 AM
We haven't had it come up yet in the story, because they haven't totally reached that point... but it's close. Near the end of the story it would be an issue, which would require additives to the...

Annamarie08
Mar 15th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Thanks for all the info, Kc - I am pretty certain you just gave me my fix until Lockdown. Lol.

Annamarie08
Mar 15th, 2016, 09:00 AM
They have experienced periods of no ammo.
I agree on the endless Gas but they do not drive around all that much. Problem with gas. Over a period of time it goes bad. Unless they found a warehouse of Stabil or something similar to keep the gas from going bad.

At least in the comics they address the issue of ammo and setup a reloading operation.. But in reality I am sure they find lots of ammo scavenging certain areas.. Heck I am sure the military left lots of goodies laying around. Never understood why they never acquired more of an arsenal..

This season has been one of the better since its start.. IMO.. I just wish We're alive was on TV it would be a better show in my opinion. Not because I am trying to suck up or anything. Its just how I have felt from the beginning.. I read the comics way before I found WA.. I love the world KC brought alive.

I agree, Merlin1274 - I feel as if I've been quite spoiled since I discovered 'We're Alive'.....TWD just seems so average in comparison...the writing is no where near as 'smart' as WA.....and that's the truth.....It's pretty damn impressive that a podcast zombie can be portrayed scarier than a visual one......ya gotta admit - that can only be epic writing.

trinhlam365
Mar 21st, 2016, 12:33 AM
:) thanks all to info