PDA

View Full Version : Cj occupation???

Annamarie08
Jan 13th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure if it was KC or someone else on the forum that mentioned that it was believed that CJ most likely worked in some kind of law enforcement......but I'm starting to think she wasn't after re-listening to the podcast I noticed that when Saul instructs her not to go into the area where Burt was being held at the Colony.....then asks her if she knows how to clear a room.....she says 'no' - that she didn't.....wouldn't most law enforcement know how to do this?

turbo
Jan 13th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Definitely not law enforcement, I wouldn't be surprised though if she was just a project manager of some sort. She is bar far the most organized of the whole story.

Annamarie08
Jan 13th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Well, it's possible, turbo, but she's pretty familiar with weapons (guns, specifically).....strategically, she's awesome, but she lacks execution.....I'm thinking maybe she wanted to be in the law enforcement field, but never was for one reason or another.....

turbo
Jan 14th, 2016, 02:54 PM
True she lacks some knowledge and execution, but that's what a project manager does ;) delegates, which we all know she does that well!

Annamarie08
Jan 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Not sure about project manager, turbo - I feel like she would have been something more vital to the community as a whole.....wonder if they will ever explore this or at the very least let us know what she was.....

turbo
Jan 15th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Not sure about project manager, @turbo (http://www.werealive.com/forum/member.php?u=2311) - I feel like she would have been something more vital to the community as a whole.....wonder if they will ever explore this or at the very least let us know what she was.....

I can see your logic, but take for example Victor, have you heard what his occupation was?

Annamarie08
Jan 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Yes, insurance salesman.....

Annamarie08
Jan 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
BUT - I am going to assume that he sucked at it.....he's too loyal.....

turbo
Jan 16th, 2016, 02:07 PM
It was a small occupation, but he was a big player. So who knows, i guess only Kc ;)

General Malarky
Jan 16th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Maybe she was the owner of Dunbar, and managed to acquire her skills through means other than profession?

Annamarie08
Jan 17th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Quite possible, @GeneralMalarky! The fact that no one knows what CJ did before sort of reminds me of how Kirkman isn't letting anyone know Daryl's former occupation on 'The Walking Dead' either. Must keep us fans on our toes, I suppose!!

canadiankyle
Feb 23rd, 2016, 08:38 PM
I would like to point out that she could have also worked security (Not private security). Several of the companies I have worked with encourage us to have out gun training but we were not taught room clearing etc. due to the fact that we would never use it.

Annamarie08
Feb 24th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I would like to point out that she could have also worked security (Not private security). Several of the companies I have worked with encourage us to have out gun training but we were not taught room clearing etc. due to the fact that we would never use it.
canadiankyle - would have to respectfully disagree with you. CJ's weapon of choice is not any type of gun.....it is a katana, I believe.....and I don't believe she's that great of a shot, either, but I could be wrong about that one.....

I'm thinking CJ might have come from a relatively wealthy family.....and I believe even with all her positive attributes......her negative ones most likely overshadowed them....keeping her from whatever she really wanted to do in her former life.....she reacts very defensively when Saul tells Victor, "She's just some nobody".......maybe that reaction comes from her attempts to prove her worth - mainly to herself.......perhaps she was a bookkeeper....since she's a great organizer and can come up with some kind of effective system given any situation. Very cool discussion! Thanks for your input!!

canadiankyle
Feb 24th, 2016, 08:09 PM
That is a very good point. I like the idea of her trying to live up to her parents expectations... that actually makes an incredible amount of sense.