PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 43 Remastering Thread

Kc
Oct 5th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Chapter 43 Remastering Thread

Merlin1274
Oct 12th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Listen through Chapter 43.. Going listen again shortly.. But nothing major stands out.
From 3:15 to 4:21 or so I would hear a thump every now and then almost like something bumping the mic. But wasn't very noticeable. Could have just been me..
Everything else seemed fine and did not notice it anymore but that as during Michael and Tanya's conversation. So there was no other background noises.

Transition between chapter parts seemed smooth and well joined. Awesome Job.. Brought back some sad memories.

Merlin1274
Oct 12th, 2014, 07:18 PM
I got three listens in. Only thing I still picked up was the odd thumps. All seems good.. Thanks for the opportunity to help.

crew
Oct 13th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I'm with Merlin on his assessments. Transitions were solid.

I really didn't find anything of note, two listens on headphones and one on speakers.

Great job, and again - thanks for allowing us to help!!

Kc
Oct 13th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Listen through Chapter 43.. Going listen again shortly.. But nothing major stands out.
From 3:15 to 4:21 or so I would hear a thump every now and then almost like something bumping the mic. But wasn't very noticeable. Could have just been me..
Everything else seemed fine and did not notice it anymore but that as during Michael and Tanya's conversation. So there was no other background noises.

Transition between chapter parts seemed smooth and well joined. Awesome Job.. Brought back some sad memories.

Those were Michael's boots, all good. Thanks all!

Dr Janus
Oct 13th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Ahh, sorry guys I screwed up on the time difference, hope this helps, I also got the latest files after I'd previously listened to the originals... Not sure how anal retentive you want this to be..

- All I'd say is you might need some fine adjustments to the the equaliser on some of the early dialogue. Seems a bit tunnely and or bassy specifically on Michael in some bits
- also could be a bit louder, had to turn it up to full to fully appreciate all the environmental sounds and dialogue.
- I realise it's bg environment sound, but in parts, it comes out as bit of a hum, its quiet noticeable.
- love subtle effects such as the blipping in the hospital.

Basically overall I couldn't find anything dramatically wrong with the production, knowing since you guys put it together you are no doubt more critical but as a listener, it's more than acceptable. It's great.
Besides what I already mentioned I might add - some of the paper shuffling and other such in the early part could be chilled out a bit, sometimes sounds a bit put on. But like I said it's awesome.

Great transitions and music placement.

Just some extra picky things that might be helpful.

17:13.976 - 27:57.615 def noticeable volume change during that section
17:26.433 - cb chat is a bit muddy, might need to adjust the frequencies to separate the channels a bit more, the bg sound kinda conflicts with the dialogue..
1:08:51.412 there is a peek "what do i.."

Anyways hope this helped..

Gooer
Oct 14th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Didn't seem to hear anything wrong. You know, besides the heart wrenching moments you purposely put there...

Kc
Oct 15th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Fixed applied. Jon's notes:

Chapter 43 Notes:
Burt's voice 26:15 is muffled and away from the mic
46:11 what did datu tell hope?

#1 intentional.
#2 that's for them to know.