PDA

View Full Version : after the last year ....

werewolf
Feb 14th, 2014, 08:29 PM
this last past year was really crappy for me.
now beginning of the new year I finial have good news.
I had made the leap from renting this crappy rat hole apartment to owning a condo.
after years of rebuilding my credit cause of my own mistakes. I got to the point that
I had ratings back up and timing was right. that found a place that I can call my own.:D

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 14th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I remember your posts and had been hoping that everything turned out okay. Welcome back!

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 15th, 2014, 11:58 AM
I also wanted to add that often, when we find ourselves facing adversity and make it to the other side, it not only improves who we are as people, but makes us appreciate everything we have.

Economics is defined as "satisfying unlimited wants with limited resources". Something I've came up with just now is that we are born with a hole in our souls, like a donut. We try to fill that hole with material objects, addictions or people to make ourselves feel 'complete', when all we needed all along was to accept that the hole is there and rather than focus on it, enjoy the rest of the donut.

Remember that and you'll never fall into credit problems again.

werewolf
Feb 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I also wanted to add that often, when we find ourselves facing adversity and make it to the other side, it not only improves who we are as people, but makes us appreciate everything we have.

Economics is defined as "satisfying unlimited wants with limited resources". Something I've came up with just now is that we are born with a hole in our souls, like a donut. We try to fill that hole with material objects, addictions or people to make ourselves feel 'complete', when all we needed all along was to accept that the hole is there and rather than focus on it, enjoy the rest of the donut.

Remember that and you'll never fall into credit problems again.

when you start talking about donuts I had visions of Homer Simpson. geeezes
thanks for the words of encouragement.

werewolf
Feb 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
update.
I have my keys to my new place today.:yay:

Kc
Feb 20th, 2014, 09:13 AM
NICE! One day I hope to join you, the homeowners... sadly, in CA, an average crappy house in this area is about 500k. And that's a very small house.

nikvoodoo
Feb 20th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I made the leap into home ownership recently too. Holy god what a brutal ordeal!

It's a nice thing once you finally get into your head that you aren't staying in someone else's place but this belongs to you! It took me a while. Mostly when things broke...

werewolf
Feb 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM
NICE! One day I hope to join you, the homeowners... sadly, in CA, an average crappy house in this area is about 500k. And that's a very small house.

damn my condo is only 100k and its just right for me. :)

werewolf
Feb 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I made the leap into home ownership recently too. Holy god what a brutal ordeal!

It's a nice thing once you finally get into your head that you aren't staying in someone else's place but this belongs to you! It took me a while. Mostly when things broke...

yea i am still in somewhat shock myself. I havent moved in yet. that will come this weekend or by the end of the month. its a weird feeling for me to actually own something beside my car.

werewolf
Feb 20th, 2014, 04:08 PM
thanks all

scbubba
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Late to the game but wanted to say "Congratulations on the new place, werewolf!"

werewolf
Mar 7th, 2014, 08:56 PM
update.

ok folks as of today I finally got my main computer up and running with wifi in my new place
I order my couch today also. so slowly i am getting to the place I can call home. still have to unpack the rest
of my crap though