PDA

View Full Version : Character you wish was still alive

Gnex
Dec 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
There have been a lot of characters that have been killed in We're Alive.......

Who is the #1 character that you wish hadn't been killed and was still alive?

Mine would be Pippin.

I think he had his problems, but I really think he was going to make a change!

tonyhind86
Dec 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Datu

Elisa
Dec 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Angel angel:)

kent17
Dec 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I say it would have to be Bill, he loves him some cucumbers

Gnex
Dec 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Datu

Tooo sooon........

Gooer
Dec 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Datu

HE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!

*cries self to sleep*

masnyder4
Dec 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Samantha. The dialog between her and Datu was great and thought the maintenance man was going to fix her sink! ;)

Gooer
Dec 4th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Samantha. The dialog between her and Datu was great and thought the maintenance man was going to fix her sink! ;)

Don't remind me of Samantha......I still weep inside a little when i hear her name...

masnyder4
Dec 4th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Don't remind me of Samantha......I still weep inside a little when i hear her name...
I know that feel...

tonyhind86
Dec 4th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Saul's chicken

Storm
Dec 4th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Only... one??? (Said with a Datuian voice)
But there are so many awesome characters...
I think I'll pick..........
..........Kimmet!
I just love that guy.

Elisa
Dec 4th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Only... one??? (Said with a Datuian voice)
But there are so many awesome characters...
I think I'll pick..........
..........Kimmet!
I just love that guy.

LOL he made Michael look nice.

Where the cat? Mrs Whiskers? or was it Mr Whiskers?

Gooer
Dec 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Saul's chicken

It died too young. Too young....

Merlin1274
Dec 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Angel.. I think he had great potential to be a major asset to the current Colony. I think he would have been able to handle CJ better.

Tar Heel Fan
Dec 5th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Burt's Tuna sandwich

TacticalJHP
Dec 5th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Angel.. I think he had great potential to be a major asset to the current Colony. I think he would have been able to handle CJ better.

I agree with this.

And with him alive, Riley would be by his side and burt would be at the colony too. They would greatly increase the security of the colony and keep CJ from having epic brain farts, just minor ones.

ThePhantom
Dec 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Everyone ..... i get the feeling this whole reading the books thing is others who found the journels of the tower and co and are now reading them, so for me its everyone:(

Miss
Dec 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM
The maller that took care of Lizzie Bricks I think his name was, I should go back and do a replay of all the episodes so far

Storm
Dec 13th, 2013, 01:39 AM
The maller that took care of Lizzie Bricks I think his name was, I should go back and do a replay of all the episodes so far

Bricks it was, yeah. R.I.P. to him too. I kinda liked that guy, even though he was a maller. I'm sure he could have been an awesome guy for Miky's team, hadn't Scratch shot him... Well, maybe not, he didn't seem to be that bright, so military intelligence probably wasn't something for him.
Anyways...

Gooer
Dec 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Bricks it was, yeah. R.I.P. to him too. I kinda liked that guy, even though he was a maller. I'm sure he could have been an awesome guy for Miky's team, hadn't Scratch shot him... Well, maybe not, he didn't seem to be that bright, so military intelligence probably wasn't something for him.
Anyways...

Despite the fact that Bricks was a Maller, i think they would of let him in, he seemed a pretty nice guy (with Lizzy backing up on this)

nikvoodoo
Dec 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Angel. No question.

What can I say? I'm running out of Angel Sucks fodder and would love an injection of more Tunudo ineptness!

Keithrob
Dec 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
There have been a lot of characters that have been killed in We're Alive.......

Who is the #1 character that you wish hadn't been killed and was still alive?

Mine would be Pippin.

I think he had his problems, but I really think he was going to make a change!

Mine would be pippin... Only so that I could kill him myself. Hate him

REZombie
Dec 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Angel....second choice, Samantha.

Irregardless
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I really had a liking and disliking of Angel throughout the series but he became one of my favorite characters during the Arena and then the quest for the MREs with Kalani. Also, the way he refused to give up his friends despite Scratch lying that he could live just made him such a strong character to me.

Gooer
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Mine would be pippin... Only so that I could kill him myself. Hate him

Yikes.

ehenke2012
Dec 17th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Samantha, there was no reason for her to die. Considering this is the end of the world and there is no such thing as a happy ending and people arent suppose to be happy for long, other than that, Samantha didn't have to die.

kent17
Dec 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I think I like Angel more now that he is dead then when he was alive... but I'm not sure why

Elisa
Dec 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I always thought there was something going on between Lizzie and Bricks - ya know what I mean.... that hostage love thing. :omgomg:

Vlarken
Dec 17th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I'm going to have to say Kalani actually.

Tar Heel Fan
Dec 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Datu... Too soon?

Gnex
Dec 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Datu... Too soon?

Not dead. Will never be dead!!!

Gnex
Dec 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I always thought there was something going on between Lizzie and Bricks - ya know what I mean.... that hostage love thing. :omgomg:

I kinda thought there was something there as well...... But I don't know if it was a love thing..... or if Lizzy just thought/knew that Bricks wasn't like all the other prisoners????

I always got the vibe from Bricks that he was a good guy and just ended up in prison because of something weird.... self defense that ended up killing someone??? something like that???

Unit
Dec 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sean... he seems to be the most important 'non-character' in the show. He was influential in Dunbar and the Colony, saved Hope, Kalani, was the inspiration for CJ. He had so many roles and we basically know nothing about the guy other than he was a great support for CJ and a stand up guy who cared about the people in the Colony and thats about it.

Unit
Dec 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
I kinda thought there was something there as well...... But I don't know if it was a love thing..... or if Lizzy just thought/knew that Bricks wasn't like all the other prisoners????

I always got the vibe from Bricks that he was a good guy and just ended up in prison because of something weird.... self defense that ended up killing someone??? something like that???

He is not one of the family in the same way Scratch and Durai were, but he listens to them and does most of the things they tell him to do (like hold down Burt so Scratch can cut off his trigger finger). I am thinking he might have been an enforcer for one of the families. Not his idea to hurt people per say but someone in the family says hey Bricks, go break that guy's thumbs, and he feels like he has to do it. Maybe once he got caught while following orders? That's how I always pictured him.

Gooer
Dec 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
He is not one of the family in the same way Scratch and Durai were, but he listens to them and does most of the things they tell him to do (like hold down Burt so Scratch can cut off his trigger finger). I am thinking he might have been an enforcer for one of the families. Not his idea to hurt people per say but someone in the family says hey Bricks, go break that guy's thumbs, and he feels like he has to do it. Maybe once he got caught while following orders? That's how I always pictured him.

But with Bricks' tone of voice, when asked to hold Burt down, to me sounded very reluctant, even though he did it in the end.

Unit
Dec 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Right I don't think he WANTS to do some things, but for some reason he feels like he has to and still does them. I think something along those lines may have landed him in prison. His boss maybe says go send that guy a message, and Bricks being as strong as he is ends up killing the dude or something. Maybe not, like I said with lack of more information that is kinda how I imagine he ended up in prison.

tonyhind86
Dec 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
To me, Bricks seemed to be a bit "slow". Maybe he just did as he was told because he didn't know any different.

It gave him a sort of loveable quality, which also made his death a bit more sad.

I still love the scene when he ripped the arm off the little one, and still had it with him. He was like "well you didn't tell me what to do with it!"

Gooer
Dec 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Yea, have to admit, he isn't the brightest apple in the bag..... But he was still a good character, and might of fit in with life at the colony....maybe...?

Red Shirt
Dec 21st, 2013, 09:58 PM
Datu... Too soon?

COsurvivor
Dec 25th, 2013, 09:35 PM
not at all, but I am curious of this story ark thou

Zeroed4Zombies
Dec 25th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Burt's trigger finger.
Samantha would be my second.
The writing and character development is phenomenal!! I know that part of why I like Sam's character is that she is connected to Datu and Hope. Her death seemed untimely in retrospect because Riley and Angel sprung Datu and Kaylani shortly after Samantha was hauled off to the arena, and later we discovered that her daughter is alive. Just seemed like her character had a lot to live for...though, if she had survived she would likely just be doing laundry at the colony and Hope would have been a 3rd-4th tier character instead of being a "village's child" and a focal point for Datu and Tanya.

Unit
Dec 25th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Exactly, it is sad, but sorrow adds depth to the remaining characters. Just like Riley needing to go after Scratch to avenge Angel, and Scratch going after Pegs to avenge Latch. If Angel, Latch, Samantha were all still alive, there wouldn't be much of a story to tell for the remaining characters.

Gooer
Dec 26th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Like Unit said, sometimes their deaths, although sad and not wanted, gives the story another arc to it, which makes it more interesting to listen to. Kc seems to be good at making you want more.....

Windsor995
Jan 5th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Truthfully I wish Angel and Samantha was still alive. It would've been nice to have seen where they would've been in the thick of things in Season 4

Katieee120
Jan 12th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I've just finished listening to Angel's last episode & I'm quite saddened by his death :( he's the character that I would like to still be on the show & I would of liked Samantha to escape with Datu because then there would be another storyline going on. Also don't worry guys I don't mind spoilers that much ;).

Sin Angel
Jan 13th, 2014, 07:36 AM
What I know from the episodes so far, I'd have to say Angel. I've only got into the 30s as of yet.

qreepii
Jan 14th, 2014, 06:14 PM
My wish they weren't gone list.... <br />
<br />
- Shirley: (The Gun not the wife) Burt hasn't been the same without her. <br />
- Angel: It takes a pretty good man to step down and let another lead, especially when...

FunkyDung
Jan 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Angel: It takes a pretty good man to step down and let another lead, especially when the rules say you are supposed to lead. He had a long arc and as I was prior service seeing that kind of change in an officer is pretty big. Many make the argument that Saul is selfless and sacrifices for the group (until his own priorities cause him to put the group in danger) That honor belonged to Angel all along, he continuously guided the survivors and leadership for all of their better.

I've been missing Angel quite a bit lately, too. The obnoxiousness of CJ especially makes me miss him. Can we trade? Cast a spell or something? ;)

Sin Angel
Jan 16th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Now that I am fully caught up I'd have to say Surely the gun, because Desert Eagles rock, and it had a soft spot in Burt's heart. Bricks, because he was actually a pretty nice guy. Angel, he's better than CJ any day of the year.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
I threw this (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3675982/Datu.mp3) together a few days ago... The song I'm kinda looping the chorus of is from Hollywood Undead and is called ... Wanna guess? It's "I don't wanna die".
I Would have had a Little part with the symbols too, but I kinda like how it sounds the way it is now, so... Just pretend they're there or something... :)
Requiescat in pace, Datu Mata!

KPCoyote
Jul 22nd, 2015, 09:15 PM
Steve. He was a fighter

Doomblade
Oct 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Without question, my vote goes to Angel. Hearing Riley cry over him was heartbreaking, especially since I was SO rooting for those two in particular. Riley was my favorite female character, since Pegs pretty much made the list of 'people i dont care to see go' after episode 29, for me at least.

Id_Liston
Oct 29th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I would have to highly agree and I think that the "Every time a RPG fires an angel gets it's wings guy" should've been the guy that had gotten shot not Angel!:mad:

KatyRobert
Nov 15th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Saul and Lizzy

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 16th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Scratch. Her death was a bit too deux ex machina in my opinion.

Cdmassey987
Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:41 PM
Datu. I'm glad he went quietly in chapter 44. Others have said he was annoying and yeah, honestly that is exactly what I thought too in the beginning. He had been through so much, seeing Samantha die, Hope's eyes, the run from Boulder, the tower fight. At least he went quietly.

Kc
Dec 22nd, 2015, 02:24 PM
Scratch. Her death was a bit too deux ex machina in my opinion.
I'm all for critiques, but that term really doesn't apply to her situation. Deux ex machina's literally means: "an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel." If you're referring to her death as being from an unexpected power, I would disagree in saying that the action of the main characters are 100% involved with her downfall. I'm not certain if you are referring to it being convenient, or a plot device, but there's a lot of foreshadowing that Burt will not let her live after the torture.

Gooer
Dec 22nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Datu, Saul, Lizzy, Angel........ I could keep going.... :(

Cdmassey987
Dec 23rd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Just finished the series, so many dead, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was sad about Saul, but I kind of got a spoiler when leafing through this forum. I loved this series. One of the greatest things I've listened to. Better than Hunt the Truth. Kc and crew this was absolutely amazing! I can't wait until Lockdown. I am looking forward to listening and I definitely plan on purchasing at some point. Thank you for keeping me sane during the holidays and during the situation with my car theft. I look forward to seeing all your additional work.

Windsor995
Dec 23rd, 2015, 08:13 PM
Saddest episode when both Datu and Lizzy died.

Annamarie08
Dec 24th, 2015, 08:43 AM
DATU. He was a true soldier.

phoniexsunrise
Dec 25th, 2015, 10:46 AM
My beloved Saul. His comedic relief was awesome. He just seemed to me to be a real person. I dont know, maybe some of his greatness comes from the actor but he just seemed like a real person and not just a character. He was truly devoted to his friends and family. If I was stuck on a roof top, Saul would find a way to rescue me. I do agree with Datu being a great character. He would be my second choice. I believed every word Saul said. His commitment to the cause and his loyalty to his friends, his quips and his jokes made him my favorite.

BadlyPunchedOtter
Dec 29th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Saul, Samantha & Shirley 2.0.

Wildfire
Aug 10th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Angel, Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins. I liked the bickering between Puck, Carl, Muldoon and Robbins. As others have stated, I would like to see how much Angel would have developed as the story went on and how his interaction with CJ would have gone.

KPCoyote
Aug 10th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Angel, Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins. I liked the bickering between Puck, Carl, Muldoon and Robbins. As others have stated, I would like to see how much Angel would have developed as the story went on and how his interaction with CJ would have gone.

Well, at least you will get more of Puck, Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins in We're Alive Goldrush.

turbovpn
Sep 21st, 2021, 02:31 AM
I really had a liking and disliking of Angel throughout the series but he became one of my favorite characters during the Arena and then the quest for the MREs with Kalani.
smash bros for pc (https://web.sites.google.com/view/smash-bros-for-pc)
Also, the way he refused to give up his friends despite Scratch lying that he could live just made him such a strong character to me.