PDA

View Full Version : Mag vs clip

Chrisgill
Dec 1st, 2013, 03:28 AM
Why does everyone in the podcast keep on referring to magazines as clips?

TacticalJHP
Dec 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
I have noticed that too. I could excuse it from some of the 'civilian' characters, but when the military folk say clip, then it really digs at me.

And as a gunsmith, that digs at me more than a dental drill.

Chrisgill
Dec 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM
I am going back through and listening to the entire series over for the 5th time from the start and I guess I just didn't pay attention to it the other times but now it's every time someone refers to magazine they use the word clip to describe it.

Unit
Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
I brought this up in another thread as well. Like TacticalJHP said, It wouldn't bother me all that much if it were only te civilians saying it, but when Angel, Saul and Michael are saying it it is like nails on a chalkboard. And then Burt? A gun shop owner and avid competition shooter? If he would have called a magazine a clip at a competition he probably never would have heard the end of it

Kc
Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with all these things. It's a mistake made long ago and I can't go back to correct it now. Perhaps one day, in some special box set...

TacticalJHP
Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I agree with all these things. It's a mistake made long ago and I can't go back to correct it now. Perhaps one day, in some special box set...

Little too late now...

Angel is dead...

:D

Kc
Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Little too late now...

Angel is dead...

:D

Well, that's not a big deal. If anyone would get it wrong, it would be him. Officers...

turbo
Dec 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM

Sounds like a job for a voice over with Michael Swans voice haha

Chrisgill
Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
I've been around firearms my entire life so when people use mag and clip interchangably it sounds like nails on a chalk board to me. That's all my one and only gripe about that podcast. Aside from that I love the podcast and can't wait to see how it will all wrap up, that being said I don't want it to end.

Merlin1274
Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Like everything else.. I tend to ignore it cause it drives me nuts if I pay it attention.. Plus they are in California after all LOL!!!!

Chrisgill
Dec 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Like everything else.. I tend to ignore it cause it drives me nuts if I pay it attention.. Plus they are in California after all LOL!!!!

Ah yes commiefornia. Where your mags can only be 10 rounds and you gotta have a " bullet button" if you want a semiauto rifle.

Chrisgill
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Who has the SWAT van?

Unit
Dec 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I believe in another thread KC confirmed that it was still at the Colony. Some of the Mallers tried to take it when they bailed from the Colony but they didn't make it very far before the biters got them. After the smoke cleared the van was brought back inside the Colony... if I remember correctly.

Lifeboard2
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:47 PM
yea i dont think it really matters but whatever i just enjoy the podcast all day long

Lifeboard2
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:48 PM
dunbar apartments lady CJ

Kc
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:27 PM
I believe in another thread KC confirmed that it was still at the Colony. Some of the Mallers tried to take it when they bailed from the Colony but they didn't make it very far before the biters got them. After the smoke cleared the van was brought back inside the Colony... if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it didn't get very far, and got kinda trashed with the people/a-holes who stole it inside. It was a very small details I couldn't find a way to mention and didn't think it was necessary to derail the flow of other scenes just to force it in.