PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Find Us?

Pages : 1 [2]

Reneen
Aug 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I've found We're Alive on IMDb's zombie-section when looking for a zombie movie/series to get my regular apocalypse fix. When I found out it was a podcast I didn't know what to expect, as I'm not that familiar with the format. The only podcasts I had listened to up until now were all comedy-based. Decided to try it out anyway and was hooked after only two minutes!

The show is like heroin, though. I came in fresh, have gone through all episodes in just over a week and now I have built up a dependence to the show. The withdrawal symptoms are already kicking in. This show is really great and I'm already dreading the day the final episode will be posted.

ZombieBlake
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I became the GameMaster of my university's 'Humans Versus Zombies' club and needed to catch up on my zombie media.
So I typed in zombies on Itunes, trying to find anything I could and this beautiful work came up.
I have been mesmerized every since.

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
I was downloading zombie audio books from iTunes and stumbled across We're Alive. It's blown away absolutely every book I've ever purchased from iTunes and seriously, I would pay handsomely to get longer chapters or more frequent updates.

The acting, sound effects and storytelling are much better than any zombie movie or book (with the exception of the World War Z audiobook, which was pure gold) I have ever watched or read. I'd love to even see a second storyline with a different group of survivors set in the same universe with perhaps a crossover occasionally. I'll be donating to WA today, because I'm literally guilty that I haven't paid dime one for such amazing storytelling and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that my wallet is open for a second story!

Blip
Oct 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
I found WA just by chance, scrolling through podcasts on iTunes. I think I was in the dentists waiting room when I downloaded the first episode and had a listen, hooked from the get go and downloaded episode 2&3 in the car park of the dentist surgery. Well I was able to refrain from listening to the first two seasons and decided to savour the show, ha, six weeks later I'm now waiting for each Monday to come along. Although I kept hearing of this site on the adds I waited until I was up to date before I posted here, I been lurking and reading and watching and and and, lol.

Ok I hope to post more and get a bit more active. I also dropped by on the newbie thread to say Hi, check it out and if you haven't said hello do so now or bad things might happen!

stat
Oct 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I was looking for The Moth podcast because I wanted my mom to listen to that Steve Osborn one about 9/11 (which is awesome and totally worth your time) and I stumbled across We're Alive. I listen to podcasts while I work out because there's no way in hell I'd work out if I didn't have something interesting to do at the same time. I listened to the first part of the first episode and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going. But it was the rest of the first episode or NPR. So, I guess I should thank NPR for getting me hooked on We're Alive.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I was looking for The Moth podcast because I wanted my mom to listen to that Steve Osborn one about 9/11 (which is awesome and totally worth your time) and I stumbled across We're Alive. I listen to podcasts while I work out because there's no way in hell I'd work out if I didn't have something interesting to do at the same time. I listened to the first part of the first episode and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going. But it was the rest of the first episode or NPR. So, I guess I should thank NPR for getting me hooked on We're Alive.

Stat, it is good to have you here in the Tower. These are desperate times. So be prepared, check your ammo. Do not underestimate these bloody zombie bastards.

hbg
Oct 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi, Embarrassed to say this but I was looking for Zombie Audiobooks through the now defunct Demonoid. I have passed details of this site through to the local 'zombie groups'.

SaltyDog
Oct 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I'm new to producing radio documentary myself. I love listening to podcasts and have been into radio dramas since I was a kid. Happened to see this on iTunes while looking for some good audio fiction.

I'm a secret geek for this kind of theorizing and speculation. I listen to all the fan commentary podcasts in film and TV too and this show happens to be pretty meaty on things to digest. KC plants a lot of hints and seemingly innocuous details early on that become super relevant later.

Aerock
Oct 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
While I was at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, some new Army buddies of mine from New York and I started talking about TV shows we watch. I'm a big nerd and told them that I like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, etc. The New Yorkers told me about We're Alive and said I'd probably love it. They were right! Now I'm spreading the word about it here in Virginia!

Neal
Oct 21st, 2012, 03:08 AM
I learned about We're Alive in a very odd way: I was set to leave for Portugal for three months and the night before, a friend asked me what I was going to do for the flight, and I replied that I'd probably watch movies on my PSP (probably a three hour battery life, wouldn't have lasted the whole way). He told me about We're Alive and asked if I wanted to check it out, so I did. The flight over wasn't boring at all and actually, for the first time ever, I enjoyed the flight over. It worked just as well for the flight back.

Grayish
Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm not positive but I think it was through Decoder Ring Theatre. It was pretty early on, less than 10 episodes in. I only recently started listening to We're Not Dead.

Reaperbryan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
I originally found it because of mentions on Tone Didactic. I have shared it with a few other friends since then.

runs4theheckofit
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I was looking for something to listen to at work by searching the iTunes store for a podcast, at the time I wasn't looking for anything in particular just background noise. Then We're Alive caught my eye, I said what the heck so I downloaded it. I had about 100 episodes to listen to, took me a whole week to listen to all of them. Ha-ha I laugh to myself now, because what I wouldn't give to find the podcast all over again, it's that good.

jhuerto23
Nov 16th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Co-worker knew I was watching the tv show about Zombies and then told me to check out a better zombie show called "WE'RE ALIVE" and this was about the two weeks ago. I am hooked!

Nex
Nov 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Recently I got hooked to audio dramas. And was searching for more to stash up to listen to once in a while. Then I stumbled across big thread in forums about other audio dramas. And then I discovered we're alive on iTunes. So basically via google.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Hi at all new arrivals! You are welcome, we always need more people here at the tower.

hippies_suck
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I found you guys on AR-15.com

scbubba
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Talk about firepower... Welcome to the tower! Grab some extra clips and get squared away in the forums.

Where are you in the series? Are you caught up to the present yet?

scbubba
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Was going through some old stuff and found the link that got me going on WA. The self style "weblog of interesting things", 52tiger.net posted a congratulations to WA on the 100th episode. The article had links to the promo shots of Burt & Scratch and the main site. I took a peak and was hooked...

Here's the 52tiger.net article: http://52tiger.net/congratulations-to-were-alive-on-100-episodes/

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM

I hope that browsing www.ar-15.com does not put me on a no-fly-list. I mean, AK-47? :D

molson
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I had been listening to a ton of podcasts and I got kind of tired of people blabbing on and on about their opinions on things. So I wondered if old timey-esque radio dramas were a thing that might exist. So I googled something like “radio drama podcast” and we’re alive popped up immediately. I think this was between the 2nd and 3rd seasons, so I liked the fact that I had a ton of stuff to listen to right away, and like most people here, I burned through it all quickly.

scbubba
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I had been listening to a ton of podcasts and I got kind of tired of people blabbing on and on about their opinions on things. So I wondered if old timey-esque radio dramas were a thing that might exist. So I googled something like “radio drama podcast” and we’re alive popped up immediately. I think this was between the 2nd and 3rd seasons, so I liked the fact that I had a ton of stuff to listen to right away, and like most people here, I burned through it all quickly.

Welcome to the Tower. Good to have you in here. Are you caught up on the episodes and ready for the Season 3 finale tonight?

molson
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the Tower. Good to have you in here. Are you caught up on the episodes and ready for the Season 3 finale tonight?

Thanks and ya, I've been caught up for just the last few months or so. Tonight will be the first time I've listened live, in my house, and not on the MP3 player while walking the dog or out and about. I feel I like should be preparing for this better or something. Should I have popcorn? Should I be drunk by now?

scbubba
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks and ya, I've been caught up for just the last few months or so. Tonight will be the first time I've listened live, in my house, and not on the MP3 player while walking the dog or out and about. I feel I like should be preparing for this better or something. Should I have popcorn? Should I be drunk by now?

Hope you enjoyed the show. I know I sure did.... :-)

Ivyjoe
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I have a pretty long commute so I've been listening to podcasts for a few years. One day I was in the iTunes store and one of the podcasts featured up at the top was the cover art with pinstripe, and it looked interesting so I started listening. Next thing you know I'm hooked. You guys should put a warning label on this thing, it's like crack!

scbubba
Dec 6th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I have a pretty long commute so I've been listening to podcasts for a few years. One day I was in the iTunes store and one of the podcasts featured up at the top was the cover art with pinstripe, and it looked interesting so I started listening. Next thing you know I'm hooked. You guys should put a warning label on this thing, it's like crack!

Welcome to the addiction, Ivyjoe! We're all here to help one another fight withdrawals until Season 4 comes.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hi Ivyjoe, you absolutely right, WA is a sexy drug though it is much less lethal than crack. Glad you are with us! Welcome!

OldtypeM87
Feb 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Found the podcast searching for some podcasts on google play. Searched zombie and it was the first thing that came up. Decided to give it a try and enjoyed listening to the show.

jamezjr
Feb 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I found out about this podcast while listening to walking dead cast. listened to the first 2 seasons while at work this week.

Jamez

tomn47
Feb 16th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I was looking for scary pod casts back in October 2011 when I downloaded two of the first seasons chapters with other podcasts about zombies I liked your pod cast the best so I kept coming back season after season.

REZombie
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:35 AM
I was searching for something zombie related on google.... dont even remember what i was looking for... but i saw a link to zombiepodcast and clicked it...seemed interesting, so i gave it a listen....that was about a week ago, and i have since listened to every episode and started going back through again..so my finding out about WA was completely random, but glad i did!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
... and we are glad that you are with us.

scbubba
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
... and we are glad that you are with us.

Here, here! Zombie serendipity strikes again.... :)

the-epic
Mar 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Don't quote me, because it's been a long time, but I think I found the 'cast via a zombie sub-group on a knitting forum. I started listening sometime during season 1.

deperez130
May 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Was looking for a good podcast and stumbled onto this podcast. Have to say I'm hooked I've always had a huge love for the zombie genre, and this is by far one of the best stories

Bronxsta
May 11th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Hi, new member! I was on the forums for mobile games site Toucharcade. One thread was asking for zombie survival RPGs. One of the replies mention a "radio drama podcast" named We're Alive. Now I had never knew these type of serialized fiction podcasts even existed so I was excited to find one about one of favorite genres.

Read some reviews and Amazon impressions and was sold. And now I'm on Season 1, Chapter 9 and been recommending We're Alive to everyone

nquinnell
Sep 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Heard about you on the Fear the Boot podcast. Listened to Episode 1 on your site, then went and purchased all three seasons from ITunes because commercials annoyed me :). LOVE the storytelling, very much. Also, looked you up on Youtube to see what the actors looked like.

BrittonPatrick
Sep 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
When are the new seasons coming up..i am desperate to see them.

Grognaurd
Sep 16th, 2013, 03:35 AM
When are the new seasons coming up..i am desperate to see them.

37 is up 38.1 next monday

whenallisdark
Sep 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Was on a podcasting 101 marathon and came across the episode about we're alive. I wondered how good a radio drama could be, especially a zombie one. I downloaded the first episode and listened to it on the way to work. When I got to work I downloaded all three seasons and have since finished them. The show is truly amazing and has me hitting the next button at the end of every episode

shaynesdad
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:21 AM
stumbled into nerdist dot com.... stumbled upon we're alive.. and crawled into this world of storytelling brilliance

Winkyco03
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I found this podcast while searching for something to listen to at work heard first episode and was hooked. Went through all seasons now waiting on new episodes. while i wait got hooked into another podcast drama called laviathan chronicles just as addicting once you get past first three episodes. Something to pass time between new shows for W.A.

Mr.Hyde
Oct 19th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I heard about Were alive from a Scott Sigler podcast. I have downloaded season 1 and 2, and am half way through season 2 now. Great story! Great production! Prior to this one, I was starting to get bored of the oh-so-typical zombie (pardon me, un-dead) stories, but this one has some real life to it (pun fully intended).

Gooer
Dec 21st, 2013, 03:25 AM
I was looking for scary pod casts back in October 2011 when I downloaded two of the first seasons chapters with other podcasts about zombies I liked your pod cast the best so I kept coming back season after season.

Wait, you joined in June 2011 but found the podcast in October 2011? Confused.....

Windsor995
Dec 30th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I found your podcast through facebook on an author Sean Liebling recommendation. I have to say after I listened to the first one I was hooked right away

clarafray
Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
i was just looking in google, and i think it's amazing!

NDillon
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I was looking for an audio book on zombies .

Katieee120
Jan 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I follow the site Nerdist on Twitter & they retweeted something about a Zombie radio drama & I was definitely interested :)! So glad I found that tweet.

mc180g
Feb 15th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Back in mid-November 2013, BuzzFeed had an article on the resurgence of "radio dramas" which included Nightvale of which I am a fan. I listen to all of the podcasts they had featured but this one really has something. I heard the first chapter (3 parts) and by mid Febuary, I am caught up. I had just seen the announcement for the series finale a week prior and am so happy to have had the opportunity to enjoy this great piece of work.

d19jordan57
Feb 17th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I found "We're Alive" by running a search for, I think, "zombie" on my Dog Catcher podcast player. I was very pleased to find this dramatized podcast, complete with quality acting and production values. It's reminiscent of the dramatized audio version of Stephen King's The Mist. Great job, folks.

Choagy
Feb 17th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I treated myself to a Roberts Stream 83i a couple of years ago and listened to various streams online. I stumbled upon "Sound Stages Radio" IIRC, and heard a few minutes of the tail end of a podcast. Subliminal influences do work as I was hooked instantly, even tho` I was almost unconscious at the time, and searched far and wide to find information on the show. Extremely pleased I managed to track the show down. So much so that my good lady bought me Series One for my Christmas.
Anywhoo, Were Alive is IMHO the finest modern day radio drams of the last forty years and deserves any accolades that comes its` way.
Well done K.C. and "Angel" :) for creating a wonderfully atmospheric and entertaining show.

Keep up the good work folks.

BTW any typos are the result of "Homebrew" real ale and not lazy typing :) :)

Choagy FFCUK the SPL :)

MichiganTurned
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I just discovered We're Alive a few weeks ago. I had been listening to audiobooks while travelling for work and ran out of things to listen to. I did a search on the web and found We're Alive and decided to give it a shot. My expectations were not high. Boy! Was I blown away. This is a great production and story. I devoured the backlog in less than a week and can't wait to listen to today's release. The one nice thing about not discovering something like this early is you get to binge listen :)

beans
Feb 25th, 2014, 06:26 PM
i found WA September 2013 off the official podcast app for the BlackBerry Playbook....and yes it was a pleasure to binge and blast through all the way up to Chapter 43!

laura21
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I found We're Alive by a fan from another forum

Original_Joseph
May 6th, 2015, 04:09 PM
On a Walking Dead podcast at Bald Move, one of the hosts mentioned how much better the survival details were on this show, and here I am. I just started season 2, and am hooked.

oatmealranch
May 11th, 2015, 01:04 AM
I just finished the first season on audible and decided to do a Web search as I too was addicted.

Original_Joseph
May 11th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Hey, oatmealranch! I've been commenting on some of the episode threads as I go - if you have any thoiughts, I'd love to read them.

Osiris
May 12th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Hello, new faces.

MadMikeyD
Jun 6th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I am a huge fan of OTR and podcast audio drama. For years I've seen the ad for We're Alive on top of the Audio Drama Talk boards, but I hate zombie stories, so I ignored it. When I heard KC on the Voice Fiction podcast last year, I considered listening, but still, I hate zombie stories. Searching for audio drama on Stitcher, We're Alive came up, so I finally gave it a shot. I am now on Chapter 34 and consider the show one of my favorites. I still hate zombie stories, but I don't see this as a zombie story. It's a story of compelling characters that I am invested in, with zombies added. It also helps that the Army stuff is right on the money.

redbird97
Jun 21st, 2015, 07:26 PM
I found this site through youtube. I listened to a few of the shows and became very interested. I just finished my 1st book at the tender age of 62 which deals with The Zombie Apocalypse.

Merlin1274
Jun 22nd, 2015, 05:10 AM
Welcome Redbird...

JFabi39
Sep 7th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I work at a certain technology store that has a name of a fruit...and while helping to fix a customer's mobile device we had a conversation about radio and podcasts. She told me about "We're Alive", among a few others, and finally, months later I saw the reminder in my notes and started to listen. I'm addicted!

General Malarky
Sep 7th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I work at a certain technology store that has a name of a fruit...and while helping to fix a customer's mobile device we had a conversation about radio and podcasts. She told me about "We're Alive", among a few others, and finally, months later I saw the reminder in my notes and started to listen. I'm addicted!

I didn't know Banana Republic started fixing phones!:britt:

queenduck2014
Nov 20th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I started listening to the Were Alive A Zombie Story of Survival podcast from the featured icon in scary stories in ITunes

Ale
Feb 8th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I found We're Alive mentioned in a thread on reddit a few weeks ago. I am hooked.

turbo
Feb 9th, 2016, 05:31 AM
Welcome newbies! :)

bluestarred
Feb 10th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Its great to see so many new folks! Welcome all! ��

briananderson
Feb 17th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I found you guys about Nov 2015 by searching for contemporary radio dramas. I just now finished listening to all 4 seasons, listening each day during my commute to work, avoiding the internet like the plague. Really amazing work. Now that its over, what the heck do I listen to now???

Gotmongo
Feb 18th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Found you through the no sleep podcast. I cannot wait for more from you guys! Excellent work! Movie quality production in audio form. From start to finish, you guys had me hooked.

VintageNut
Feb 26th, 2016, 03:50 PM
I'm new to Stitcher, found this by chance..now I'm beyond hooked!! Well written, acting was great, sound, directing. WELL DONE EVERYONE!! So very entertaining and gave me great visuals in my mind. I know the Zombie podcast is a little old but I'm glad I found it now. I'm so happy to hear and see all the recognition everyone got and how it has really boosted your next project.
Keep up the great work everyone!! Thanks for keeping me entertained at work!!

Gooer
Feb 28th, 2016, 04:43 AM
I'm new to Stitcher, found this by chance..now I'm beyond hooked!! Well written, acting was great, sound, directing. WELL DONE EVERYONE!! So very entertaining and gave me great visuals in my mind. I know the Zombie podcast is a little old but I'm glad I found it now. I'm so happy to hear and see all the recognition everyone got and how it has really boosted your next project.
Keep up the great work everyone!! Thanks for keeping me entertained at work!!

Welcome to the forums! Glad you're enjoying the story. It might be slightly old, but new material is expected soon :)

VintageNut
Mar 17th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Thank goodness its older or i would have had to wait this long for the new material. I have done extensive research now on full cast audio drama trying to find another gem like this one and NO LUCK!! No one holds a candle to this one, it is so well done!!! Please keep pumping out new material I miss you guys haha!

bluestarred
Mar 17th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Welcome newbies! If you haven't already, check out Apt 2c on youtube. They replay episodes then discuss them with back srories and special guests~ lots of fun!

trinhlam365
Mar 21st, 2016, 12:31 AM
Welcome newbies!!! :)

Levino
Mar 24th, 2016, 12:28 AM
I'm a truck driver and a buddy of mine told me about the "we're alive" series about a year ago. Just wanted to say awesome job. Im a former Marine and best believe I critique the heck out of anything to do with military. Not going to give spoilers but I do have to say you all did such an amazing job with writing those characters I was at an awe. And bravo on actually emphasizing realism on shooting. I love the tv series the walking dead but it dropped like 2 points when little 11yr old Carl was sniping zombies from a tower with a pistol. Anyone that's shot guns in general knows shooting pistol at 25yrds takes practice to get good it and pass 25yrds gets even more challenging. So thankyou for taking the time to think out these scenarios. I wish your graphic audio was the modern zombie tv series and not the walking dead. Just because the biggest problem with movies and series in my opinion is its like they try to create short cuts to get to the next scene and just make a very unlikely scenario occur. Like bad guy has more power than the good guy and somehow good triumph with miraculous can do attitude. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to emphasize your story of a zombie apocalypse was done right in my opinion.

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2016, 03:08 AM
I'm a truck driver and a buddy of mine told me about the "we're alive" series about a year ago. Just wanted to say awesome job. Im a former Marine and best believe I critique the heck out of anything to do with military. Not going to give spoilers but I do have to say you all did such an amazing job with writing those characters I was at an awe. And bravo on actually emphasizing realism on shooting. I love the tv series the walking dead but it dropped like 2 points when little 11yr old Carl was sniping zombies from a tower with a pistol. Anyone that's shot guns in general knows shooting pistol at 25yrds takes practice to get good it and pass 25yrds gets even more challenging. So thankyou for taking the time to think out these scenarios. I wish your graphic audio was the modern zombie tv series and not the walking dead. Just because the biggest problem with movies and series in my opinion is its like they try to create short cuts to get to the next scene and just make a very unlikely scenario occur. Like bad guy has more power than the good guy and somehow good triumph with miraculous can do attitude. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to emphasize your story of a zombie apocalypse was done right in my opinion.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see another person appreciating the work Kc and the guys do :) I would love WA to replace TWD.... it's so much better, and more realistic too.

Hope to see you around!

joeroot9357
Apr 8th, 2016, 03:34 AM
same situation happened with me too

VintageNut
Apr 8th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Holy COW I got chills with the mention above of actually seeing this on a show!! It is by far the BEST audio drama, believe me, i have done my research and cant find anything that can even hold a candle to WA!!! I'm dying for new material though! More from this group in general. Let the riots begin!! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! :mad:O_o:britt: How about more on what the cast is doing now on the FB page? We need more stuff there and in here :) I know I'm late to the game but don't wait too long in between shows. You want to keep up that momentum you were getting from all your acknowledgments and accomplishments!

Ronin13
Apr 11th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Found this as it was plugged on The Leviathan Chronicles, enjoyed every minute thus far

booth101
Apr 12th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I found this through the Nerdist website. I have been hooked ever since I started listening. I hope one day you guys will make it into a TV show.

Plasticcups
Apr 18th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Saw the series in the Scary Stories category in Podcast on my phone. Have been hooked since then and am looking forward to Lockdown.

dinhtung0806
Aug 1st, 2016, 06:39 PM
Welcome newbies!!! Thank you

sl33pwalk3rz
Aug 24th, 2016, 11:54 AM
it started with The Black Tapes podcast... then to twitter and i stumbled upon We're Alive as a suggestion ... been a fan ever since.. on chapter 43. It has helped me work faster.

Patthecomic
Aug 26th, 2016, 08:51 PM
My friend at work told me to check out this zombie podcast done like an old time radio show.

KPCoyote
Aug 27th, 2016, 04:45 AM
it started with The Black Tapes podcast... then to twitter and i stumbled upon We're Alive as a suggestion ... been a fan ever since.. on chapter 43. It has helped me work faster.

That's good. Scratch doesn't like late work.

KPCoyote
Aug 27th, 2016, 04:47 AM
My friend at work told me to check out this zombie podcast done like an old time radio show.

It never stops making me smile to hear that the word is still getting around about this awesome audio theatre.

TokenTurd
Nov 14th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I've been obsessed with the 40's and 50's radio dramas for a few years. Having listened to a lot of the more readily available ones I decided to see if there were any recent things still being done. That led me to several options, my favorite being a fangoria dreadtime stories series that is pretty phenomenal. We're alive popped up on a website when I was searching for similar productions and I fell in love. I listened almost 10-12 hours a day lol. Blew through it and was sad when it was all over and tried to resist listening to lockup kinda trying to save the best for last. But I couldn't do it. Absolutely amazing work and I can't wait to hear what's next. Bravo!

evanmarcus
Dec 26th, 2016, 12:49 AM
I love watching zombie movies. Before that I used to play lots of video games which are having zombies in them. That cultivated a huge interest in me for the zombie. One day I was searching about the Zombie forum and came across this forum.

Tenn
Dec 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I found this place through a list of podcast recs on Mashable -- and that, in turn, through google. Basically I'd taken to listening to podcasts at work and needed new ones. Always been into survival stories, so it seemed worth a shot (boy was it ever). Due to a misunderstanding though, I started with Lockdown Part 1 instead of the actual start of the series, which made for a confusing beginning, but I figured it was just one of those stories that throws you in headfirst.

So that was Friday -- got about midway through Lockdown Part 3. And I told myself I should wait to listen to the rest, to save it for the workday like I've done with my other podcasts, but the story was just too good and I wanted to know what happened, and so after re-listening through Parts 1, 2, & 3 I kept listening and finished all of Lockdown on Christmas Eve.

Which I ended up regretting chiefly because that meant I had to deal with the onslaught of twist-ending emotions all on my lonesome, my roommate being out of state and there being no one around I could really talk to about it. Which just about killed me, because MAN. I wasn't ready for that to be the last episode.

Still haven't listened to the main series because I'm still just processing what happened in Lockdown! I think I definitely picked the wrong characters to get hyperinvested in.

SPC_Gore
Jan 2nd, 2017, 12:59 PM
I found this while I was looking through apocalypse podcasts... Sad to say that, there aren't any good ones that run long like this one, I've heard a few that had potential but tend to fall a little short when it came to detail and character development. I have to say, this was a better thing to listen to than the Walking Dead. I do wish there was a live action of this podcast. It would be amazing!