PDA

View Full Version : Sound Effects Associated with Characters

zombeh-kitteh
Mar 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM
So I'm relistening to WA...for like the 8th time from the beginning...and I noticed something interesting. When we first meet Latch and Scratch in the "Remains of Eastern Bay", crows are heard cawing right after Scratch speaks. The crows are heard again when she's beating up "Charles" when Saul's out on the rooftop after first discovering the Mall.

As a poet at heart, I cannot help but feel like it's symbolism to have crows (which typically symbolize death or triumphing over death...or guides of the underworld) cawing as Scratch, a character who usually brings death and destruction on her heels, speaks.

Then it got me wondering if there are any other symbolic sound effects associated with any other characters? Has anyone else noticed these types of things?

Robzombie
Mar 4th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Wow, thats awesome you caught that. You gave me something new to listen for next time, good stuff.

Osiris
Mar 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM
So I'm relistening to WA...for like the 8th time from the beginning...and I noticed something interesting. When we first meet Latch and Scratch in the "Remains of Eastern Bay", crows are heard cawing right after Scratch speaks. The crows are heard again when she's beating up "Charles" when Saul's out on the rooftop after first discovering the Mall.

As a poet at heart, I cannot help but feel like it's symbolism to have crows (which typically symbolize death or triumphing over death...or guides of the underworld) cawing as Scratch, a character who usually brings death and destruction on her heels, speaks.

Then it got me wondering if there are any other symbolic sound effects associated with any other characters? Has anyone else noticed these types of things?

I think I just fell in love with you.

Ink
May 8th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Shirley....sadly now broken

Mary
BAM
Had a
BAM BAM
Little Lamb
BAMBAM BAM

Alizée
Jun 12th, 2013, 12:10 AM

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy gaaawwwwd now I have to go back to the beginning again. I'm eager to know if this happens with anyone else! Thanks so much for posting this!