PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 25 Remaster

Kc
Jan 30th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Group for Chapter 25 Remaster

Instructions for editing found here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4051-How-to-QC!-What-we-need-you-to-do

Osiris
Jan 31st, 2013, 10:49 AM
First listen through I've caught what sounds like a short explosion. This may be the download, so verification would be helpful.

Time code:

3:25 Saul's cough seems to cut off, sound drops off subtly and it comes back in during an explosion. Sounds like a cut music cue or cut dialogue was there.

That's all I caught on the first listen. Going back in for a few more this afternoon. Can anyone verify the jump in Saul and Victor's first scene?

Osiris
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
18:43 Kelly's dialogue sounds slightly muffled, as if she's behind a door, very uneven with her dialogue that comes at
18:48 "If a helicopter..." which is louder, clearer, but sounds as if it is doubled. Sounds like a heavy "empty room" reverb effect or very light flange/phase effect.

21:50 there is a bizarre noise that sounds like a cross between a Tribble and a cellphone vibrating on a water bed. It could be an inhalation to close to a mic, phlegm in someone's throat, a stomach gurgling. Whatever it is sounds out of place.

22:01 Micheal's dialogue "Datu come on down" sounds a bit on the gainy side, and distorts slightly.

Over the entire scene in the field from 18:26 to 26:56 there is a very slight thrumming sound in the background. Like a distant helicopter. It's a stuttering sort of sound in the deep background, but creates a lot of presence once you hear it. It's almost as if when the "room" was being recorded there was a news or traffic chopper outside somewhere. It might be an artifact left over from conversation to .mp3 or the download. Verification from a second source would be helpful.

32:48 the hinge squeak on the door that Victor opens is a bit on the gainy side and seems to blow out at its peak and then again at 32:56.

34:58 the stab in the music cue falls out of time and seems to come in early, as if it's been shortened.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM
okay, I heard the thrumming sound too! I thought that was intentionally supposed to be a helicopter!
I'll relisten to the other parts Osiris mentioned to see if I notice them

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I can confirm the tribble-like sound, but damn that is quiet - I had to strain to hear it. I disagree on Kelly sounding muffled and think that it's due to the fact that Michael sounded louder. If I was listening for the first time, I would just assume that Kelly was maybe 10 feet away from Michael, which may have actually been the case.

Everything else sounds fine. The music at 34:58 crescendos and then cuts, but that must be intended.

Osiris
Feb 4th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I can confirm the tribble-like sound, but damn that is quiet - I had to strain to hear it. I disagree on Kelly sounding muffled and think that it's due to the fact that Michael sounded louder. If I was listening for the first time, I would just assume that Kelly was maybe 10 feet away from Michael, which may have actually been the case.

Everything else sounds fine. The music at 34:58 crescendos and then cuts, but that must be intended.

That's the end of the cue. It is indeed intentional.

Anghil
Feb 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Changes have been implemented, thanks for helping us out, guys!

StepLaugh
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM
After seeing everyone else's catches, I feel bad. I thought everything was just fine. I guess I don't notice that many little things :(
I seem to enjoy everything. Honestly I think I got sucked up into the story again, and forgot to listen :(

Hollomandious
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM
After seeing everyone else's catches, I feel bad. I thought everything was just fine. I guess I don't notice that many little things :(
I seem to enjoy everything. Honestly I think I got sucked up into the story again, and forgot to listen :(

I feel the same way. 2 chapters listened to, and i couldn't find anything.

Osiris
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM

I feel the same way. 2 chapters listened to, and i couldn't find anything.

I had to keep going back over and over because I would get swept up in the story . :( Took me forever!