PDA

View Full Version : The Mayans Were Wrong!!! We're Alive!!!

Ordinary12
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM
That's right...the world didn't come to an end last night and it doesn't look like any meteors are on there way to us. I wonder how many people panicked last night and did something they're regretting today. I went home after work yesterday, watched some television, and went to bed as normal. LOL!!! What did you do last night?

Mograppler
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Isn't tonight technically supposed to be the end? Today is the last day I believe. Well I think I heard somewhere that it was supposed to be at 510 am cst.

Ordinary12
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM
You're probably correct but I'm taking bets that the world as we know it will still be here tomorrow. If I'm wrong you'll never be able to collect any way! LOL!!!

Mograppler
Dec 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Haha win win. But no, I haven't put a thought in it at all. Though I might have a community marathon tonight with my friend. That, or play Lego LOTR.

LiamKerrington
Dec 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
For some people the World should have ended in less then an hour from now on ... I speak of those living at the date line in the Pacific ...

As for me: My prediction is that the World won't end within the next nearly 25 hours, thus not on 21st of Dedember 2012 anywhere in the world. Looking at all the bad things happening 24/7 the End of the World would and should be a better World. And. I. Don't. See. It. Coming. Not now, not within the next nearly 25 hours, and not sooner then the unpredictably end of time itself ...

No, I am not a pessimist. Not even a realist. Just saying, and dragging the best possible out of the conditions as they are. And the World, actually, is not as bad as so many tell anyway ...

All the best!
Liam

Cabbage Patch
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Something strange is happening to the weather here in California. It's the middle of the day but the skies have turned dark, miserable wet stuff is falling from the sky, and temperatures have dropped to a horrifyingly low 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celcius)! This is terrible...the end of the world must be near!

Ordinary12
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Something strange is happening to the weather here in California. It's the middle of the day but the skies have turned dark, miserable wet stuff is falling from the sky, and temperatures have dropped to a horrifyingly low 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celcius)! This is terrible...the end of the world must be near!

It's called "Smug". Haven't you ever seen South Park? LOL!!!

LiamKerrington
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
Anyone at the date-line? Any reports on what is happening there?
Does Japan gets devoured by Godzilla while being washed away with a new Tsunami? What about the people in New Zealand and Australia? And the different Pacific Islands? Is Google-Maps up-to-date, even live-streaming how World gets drowned in total darkness, as 22nd of Dec has started to take place in the first regions on Earth - thus succeeding the Mayan calendar?

All the best!
Liam

P.S.: Tell you what: Because chapter #36 of WA was so awesome and brought back the WA-team of awesome, Earth cannot fall!

Wicked Sid
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Moved to Everything else because Top News pertains mainly to We're Alive.

LiamKerrington
Dec 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Central Europe ... 22nd Dec 2012 ... It has stopped snowing; the flavor of the mint-tea has not changed.
News don't mention anything about at least parts of the World having vanished or being lost to apocalypses of whatever kind.
Looks like the media and the weirdos were all wrong about the apocalypse and the End of the World. Or is this just this "blue and red pill"-question again?

Anyway. Good night.

Liam

scbubba
Dec 21st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oh crap. I took both pills.... Well, I would have but nobody offered me any pills.

So I guess the world keeps turning...

Ordinary12
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Would it kill you people to give a few points for the cool posts I've been contributing?!!! I'm the new guy and I'm trying to rise through the Ranks as quickly as possible.

katlero
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:53 PM
I can't wait to tell my 3 year old how many times I've survived the end of the world. Wonder what the next one is going to be?

LiamKerrington
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Would it kill you people to give a few points for the cool posts I've been contributing?!!! I'm the new guy and I'm trying to rise through the Ranks as quickly as possible.

Promissed: You receive +1 Rep for a really, really cool, awesome, and inspiring avatar ... ;)

Luna Guardian
Dec 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
The Mayans weren't wrong.

You're welcome

Solanine
Dec 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
The Mayans weren't wrong.

You're welcome

If this is heaven then God is trolling me. If this is hell then FAIL!

Also just fyi the mayans weren't wrong. In fact they were overly optimistic with there calendar making.
Maybe if they hadn't concentrated so much energy into writing out such a long calendar and had spent some time doing a few basic military drills they wouldn't have been steam rolled Sean Bean style by the Spanish. Thats one hell of a long sentence.

Oh and @Oridinary12,

Rule no.1 of rep, don't ask for it.
Rule no.2 rep somebody with huge rep power cos they'll probably rep you back and level you up with only one click of the mouse.

Luna Guardian
Dec 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
If this is heaven then God is trolling me. If this is hell then FAIL!
No, this is still Earth. Same old sucky Earth. Sucky, sucky, sucky Earth. But as it turns out, the apocalypse started right next door to me, and since I wasn't particularly busy doing anything else at the time...

Solanine
Dec 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
So you can confirm that the imps and devils and crap i was seeing last night were just me trippin' balls from fatigue?

Monty
Dec 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I listened to the season 3 finale. Because regardless of what people believed, if the world was going to end, I was going to listen to that one hour episode before it happened and enjoy it. And enjoy it I did.

Ordinary12
Dec 22nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Okay...I'm NOT asking for Rep! LOL!!! I'll pretend to not care...but I'm not opposed to being leveled up.

LiamKerrington
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:23 AM
I listened to the season 4 finale. Because regardless of what people believed, if the world was going to end, I was going to listen to that one hour episode before it happened and enjoy it. And enjoy it I did.

You already listened to season 4 finale??? Of what show?

:p

About repping: I think moste are not opposed to it ...

scbubba
Dec 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Okay...I'm NOT asking for Rep! LOL!!! I'll pretend to not care...but I'm not opposed to being leveled up.

Some basic advice for the WA forums...
"do unto others..." you probably know the rest of that quote...

And keep contributing to threads that others post as well as making some of your own.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Central Europe ... 22nd Dec 2012 ... It has stopped snowing; the flavor of the mint-tea has not changed.
News don't mention anything about at least parts of the World having vanished or being lost to apocalypses of whatever kind.
Looks like the media and the weirdos were all wrong about the apocalypse and the End of the World. Or is this just this "blue and red pill"-question again?

Anyway. Good night.

Liam

Oh crap. I took both pills.... Well, I would have but nobody offered me any pills.

So I guess the world keeps turning...

I took the Blue pill and it's been, uh.... well over four hours! Should I see a doctor?

scbubba
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I took the Blue pill and it's been, uh.... well over four hours! Should I see a doctor?

In those cases, I always ask to see one of the young nurses. One of them usually has something she can put in it to take care of the "problem"...

LiamKerrington
Dec 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM

Why would you wonna see a doctor; you ARE the doctor??? I am with scbubba on this one ... I'd prefer the nurse instead ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 23rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Why would you wonna see a doctor; you ARE the doctor??? I am with scbubba on this one ... I'd prefer the nurse instead ...

But what if ... it is Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest)? That would be pure horror.

http://www.thebluefish.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tumblr_kw542eF7mN1qz80pso1_r1_500.jpg

LiamKerrington
Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Even compared with an apocalypse?

Witch_Doctor
Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
But what if ... it is Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest)? That would be pure horror.

http://www.thebluefish.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tumblr_kw542eF7mN1qz80pso1_r1_500.jpg

Problem went away. Thanks guys.

LiamKerrington
Dec 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmWg8xKEGU

werewolf
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
yea they forgot to carry the one.

Monty
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:44 AM
You already listened to season 4 finale??? Of what show?

:p

Pshh, see I'm so excited for the next season, my brain is jumping ahead of me. :')

Solanine
Dec 24th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Oh nice to see im not the only one who's listened to the season four finale. I can't believe pegs and scratch ended up together!
I thought it a little strange that TOWTM and his zombie posse just left them alone for a whole season though.
Must of heard Michael's rousing speech in season three and got scared.

Ordinary12
Dec 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Oh nice to see im not the only one who's listened to the season four finale. I can't believe pegs and scratch ended up together!
I thought it a little strange that TOWTM and his zombie posse just left them alone for a whole season though.
Must of heard Michael's rousing speech in season three and got scared.

So what did you think about Saul's baby actually being the past version of Ink? Time travel is always crazy.

Solanine
Dec 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Actually I heard it was the Doctor and River song's daughter.
Thats something I forgot Kc and Steven Moffat collaborate on next series from Modern Myth productions.

LiamKerrington
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Of you want to know more, just check this link:

http://www.thegoddamnapocalypse.com

It tells you, what you have missed by now and what to expect any time sooner or later ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cool, Liam,

but what about Cthulhu, "when the stars are right" and ... this litte comet: Apophis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis)?

LiamKerrington
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cool, Liam,

but what about Cthulhu, "when the stars are right" and ... this litte comet: Apophis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis)?

Very good questions, Sir, very good questions. Not sure what answer to give. I think it is obvious that the owner of the goddamn apocalypse-website does not care so much about what might happen sooner or later, but his concerns evolve around those apocalypses which failed a lot. :)

All the best!
Liam

werewolf
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Of you want to know more, just check this link:

http://www.thegoddamnapocalypse.com

It tells you, what you have missed by now and what to expect any time sooner or later ...

love it. now if we can get all those people to shut the hell up about the world ending. then maybe i can enjoy my zombie apocalypse in peace.

LiamKerrington
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
love it. now if we can get all those people to shut the hell up about the world ending. then maybe i can enjoy my zombie apocalypse in peace.

I'd like to try and make them shut up; but I would need to deploy an apocalypse to achieve that particular goal ... :mad:

werewolf
Dec 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM
I'd like to try and make them shut up; but I would need to deploy an apocalypse to achieve that particular goal ... :mad:

like they always say. cant make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. go for it.

reaper239
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
the world will end (tomorrow)repeating

there, i'm bound to be right one of these days.

scbubba
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:57 AM
the world will end (tomorrow)repeating

there, i'm bound to be right one of these days.

Nailed it! :D

Solanine
Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
And when it does you'll have nobody to share the prize with.
The world will not end tomorrow, I bet my life's savings.

reaper239
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:21 AM
And when it does you'll have nobody to share the prize with.
The world will not end tomorrow, I bet my life's savings.

ho ho, so when i DO win, you have to give me your life savings, YES!!!! :excited:O_o:mad:O_o:excited:

Solanine
Jan 4th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Well yeah but you could just walk into any bank in America or the rest of the world and take much more assuming you survive past the end of the world.
At the end of the day money is just paper. Or a balance written in a book.

Lilydragon
Jan 31st, 2013, 09:51 PM
If the Myans have taught us anything... It's that's if you don't finish something it isn't the end of the world.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 1st, 2013, 11:38 PM
If the Myans have taught us anything... It's that's if you don't finish something it isn't the end of the world.

Unless, of course, you don't finish because it's the end of the world.