PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE ADDICTED: A story about withdrawal.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Chapter One: The Wait Begins...

What will YOU do between Seasons 3 and 4?

XJgrimm
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Might just as well check into the tired hospital... :bunker:

Will have to start all over again. And possibly again...:zombiepoke:

Kc
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
We might have some cool stuff in the off season as well. I hope to have that short Burt novel done during that time as well.

scbubba
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
We might have some cool stuff in the off season as well. I hope to have that short Burt novel done during that time as well.

That would be amazingly cool!!! Kinda like "off season" methadone for our "We're Alive" heroine withdrawals..... :D

7oddisdead
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Still in the idea stages..but I'm considering firing up the old blog-o-magic..and starting forum organization for places where a large group of us could meet up and pool resources if some kind of apocalyptic event were to happen...details later

scbubba
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Still in the idea stages..but I'm considering firing up the old blog-o-magic..and starting forum organization for places where a large group of us could meet up and pool resources if some kind of apocalyptic event were to happen...details later

Careful, that might actually start an apocalyptic event.... Hmmm?

7oddisdead
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Careful, that might actually start an apocalyptic event.... Hmmm?

now I don't walk to discuss illegal things...or doing morally unjust things...

But I spend ten hours a day around the perfect delivery system, with distribution across the entire Midwest...

Be glad no actual "zombie virus" exists...and people like me wouldn't actually go through with it...because it would be too easy.

LiamKerrington
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Have plenty of stuff to do regarding my final exam ... So I'll be busy enough, I guess ... ;)
And for some relaxation I'd simply relisten to WA S1-3 ...

scbubba
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Have plenty of stuff to do regarding my final exam ... So I'll be busy enough, I guess ... ;)
And for some relaxation I'd simply relisten to WA S1-3 ...

I got a 12 hour drive coming up at the end of the week. With a return trip after Thanksgiving. Should be able to get through Seasons 1 and 2. Then pile through season 3 in prep for the finale....

Litmaster
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM

YES! Can't wait for that!

Witch_Doctor
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM
During the last hiatus, I listened to a couple of zombie audio books. Both are pretty entertaining in their own rights, but neither has what makes WA great; the sound quality, the theatrics, multidimensional characters. I neglected listening to my other favorite podcasts, so I might play a bit of catch-up (Or as a fellow forum member once said, 'Work the Ketchup on.' :D)
I think I might dabble in a little fan fiction, maybe contribute to the wiki page a bit. I will definitely continue to spread the word about this show.

The good thing is that I was able to ignore all of the negative election campaigning. :yay:

turbo
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM

I just noticed this, you're from IL? I'd be down for a group idea like that.

7oddisdead
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM
yup. It should be a fun thing to map out. I'm down by st Louis, but the basic idea is to find centrally located locations for many of us to travel to. I'm not gonna jam up this thread with details...but....yea.

HorrorHiro
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Get back to writing my We're Alive fanfic. And post more stuff on the various aspects of WA that almost nobody ever posts about, much like my older posts :)

scbubba
Dec 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Was talking with a friend about WA last night and got to thinking about the upcoming gap between seasons (aka, that time of the year when life will lose it's zest and all food will taste like ashes in my mouth). My friend will be able to fill some of that time listening to all three seasons for the 1st time.

What can I do though? Well, our discussion turned to something we both like a lot: Nerf Guns. And what better way to use Nerf Guns than Humans vs Zombies! We talked a little bit about mapping something out that kinda plays off the WA world. No clear ideas yet (he still has to listen to the episodes beyond the 1st two) but I think we're gonna have some fun....

Anybody else doing large or small scale HvZ games anywhere?

pinkstarmary
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
At this moment I'm the only WA fan in my area (*sniff, sniff*, tear coming down one cheek). I know there has to be others, but until I find some, I'm gonna spend my time listening to all 3 seasons again, then catching up on Being Human, since The Walking Dead is on break too. Maybe do some traveling.

Blues_127
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I listen to old episodes while playing the blues in the off season. Low down, mean blues. The kind the devil teach you to play.

scbubba
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I listen to old episodes while playing the blues in the off season. Low down, mean blues. The kind the devil teach you to play.

That is low down & mean. Perfect for a WA off season.... :brains:

richrockx
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM
ok both the walking dead and we're alive are ending for awhile, I may begin research on the zombi virus so I can stop living vicariously and we can all just live this stuff for real, or just re-watch and re-listen to all of We're Alive and Walking Dead, yea that's better

Solanine
Dec 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I'll be lurking, see my thread for details.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Wow! I'm holding up pretty well. How about you guys? I will say, the forum helps A LOT! Thanks guys, all of you. Even you, Osiris :melt:

Solanine
Jan 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I se see sse seem to beeee doing okkkkkk kay. Most of th th the withdraw withdrawal sympt symptons seem to havve p pp p past.
Nah seriously its okay, catching up with some old podcasts and reading more.

scbubba
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Wow! I'm holding up pretty well. How about you guys? I will say, the forum helps A LOT! Thanks guys, all of you. Even you, Osiris :melt:

Well, I am getting a lot more work done these days....

Plus catching up on some reading and getting to the range a bit more. That helps some. Really, it helps a lot....

Hmmm, that may be a little disturbing actually....

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:17 PM
It's pretty tough having a big break before the last season, but it's going smooth!

Well, I am getting a lot more work done these days....

Plus catching up on some reading and getting to the range a bit more. That helps some. Really, it helps a lot....

Hmmm, that may be a little disturbing actually....

Nothing wrong with going to the range!

scbubba
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM
It's pretty tough having a big break before the last season, but it's going smooth!

Nothing wrong with going to the range!

The only thing I'm starting to worry about is the scarcity of ammo these days.... :-(

RabidWolf
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Just finished the whole series for the first time.... was able to listen 8 hours a day, so it didn't take long, but now having to wait is terrible aaaaargh.

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
The only thing I'm starting to worry about is the scarcity of ammo these days.... :-(

Yea it is pretty scary. Especially .223 rounds!

Just finished the whole series for the first time.... was able to listen 8 hours a day, so it didn't take long, but now having to wait is terrible aaaaargh.

Listen through a few more times, there is a lot you'll pick up the 2nd and 3rd....and 4th...and 5th......any way you get the point :)

Red Shirt
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM

That wall hurts, huh?

Witch_Doctor
Jan 16th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Come to think of it, I've been a bit more productive too. Hummm????