PDA

View Full Version : Burt sounds like sgt slaughter!!

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Holy crap, how did I never notice this before????

LiamKerrington
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
Holy crap. At least their voices are very similar ...

Litmaster
Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
HA! That's funny. All you young pups missed out on Sgt. Slaughter, so I'll help you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHw_qj9Z4FY

7oddisdead
Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
Heh, I wonder how many here besides say you, lit...me, and Nik actually remember the sarge from childhood...not YouTube?

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Heh, I wonder how many here besides say you, lit...me, and Nik actually remember the sarge from childhood...not YouTube?

Remember when he was on G.I. Joe? THAT was the shizz!

Litmaster
Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM

Heh heh.... well let's just say that I used to spend my Saturday mornings with the likes of Captain Caveman, Superfriends, Fat Albert, and the Land of the Lost.

LiamKerrington
Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
HA! That's funny. All you young pups missed out on Sgt. Slaughter, so I'll help you out:

You bet, I didn't miss him - or anyone else from the WWF dudes from the late 80ies and early 90ies ... My childhood and first years of learning English were heavily supported by them Fighters of Awesome ... And Sgt Slaughter was among them - probably one of the outstanding guys.

And my Saturdays and Sundays were heavily supported by the Fun Factory ... Anyone here remembers that? If not, take a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fun_Factory_%28TV_series%29

nikvoodoo
Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Listen up you maggots!

I remember him turning heel and becoming an Iraqi sympathizer during the gulf war....that was crazy crap. Anyone remember the Wrestlefest arcade game that had slaughter in it? From that game, I swore the cobra clutch was nothing more than wrenching someone's ear off!

Litmaster
Nov 4th, 2012, 04:03 AM
I remember playing this one in the local pizza shop every day before my dish-washing job when I was 14:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjHgs-TVjEY

Litmaster
Nov 4th, 2012, 05:21 AM
This reminiscing got me so inspired I started us a new group. Welcome to the Old Fart's Club, boys....

Duffusmonkey
Nov 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I remember Sargent Slaughter from watching Big Time Wrestling when I was pretty young. Sgt Slaughter fought the Iron Sheik a lot.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Heh heh.... well let's just say that I used to spend my Saturday mornings with the likes of Captain Caveman, Superfriends, Fat Albert, and the Land of the Lost.

Yep. That was back when we were only allowed cartoons for only ONE morning a week. When Soul Train came on the cartoons were over.

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yep. That was back when we were only allowed cartoons for only ONE morning a week. When Soul Train came on the cartoons were over.

That fucking cartoon train at the beginning of Soul Train used to freak me out. Soul Train and Mash used to depress me as a kid and it wasn't until I was around 20 that I realized Mash was a comedy. The hell was up with that depressing music anyway?

hastalatata
Jan 21st, 2014, 05:31 AM
I hated when the switched GI Joe to 730 in the morning because school started at 8 which meant I was late for pre cal every day. Had to by fat butt Mr. Reyna off with McDonalds. The zombies will get high cholesterol when they tear into his butt.