PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 35-1

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Happy release Monday! If you're on the east coast of the US/anywhere in the world where Hurricane Sandy is hitting or going to hit, be safe. If the power goes out, take that opportunity to relisten to the whole series!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:45 AM
It is time for some serious Scratch action, hopefully.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Sooo pumped for this episode hopefully we get too revisit the colony!

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I guess in #35 the story returns to L.A.
But I would not be too surprised to learn something about Kelly and Pegs (and Lady), although this is pretty unlikely. The sat-communication-cliffhanger in #34-3 seems to be the proper means to link the Irwiknights with whomever in L.A. ... Just a few hours, ladies and gentlemen, just a few hours ...

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Hey Kc,

We've got a hurricane fast approaching over here. Any chance of getting this one out a bit early before a fallen tree cuts us off from our weekly WA fix?

Merlin1274
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Im Ready.. Got the snacks ready to go. I am the only one in the office today so I can crank the volume up..

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:21 AM
CJ just rox.

Penguine
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Umm.. was not expecting that ending when the episode started.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
You are about 7.5 minutes ahead of me ... !

Pillars
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM

awkwardalex
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Holy shit!

What just happened?

Pillars
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Holy shit!

What just happened?

One of the best episodes yet just happened.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
The *We love cliffhanger" club that what happen :-/

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ugh ...

One thing's for sure: "She's" get the best quotes on this show ...

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
One of the best episodes yet just happened.

How can a knives fight sound so good?! Wow

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I'm confused. This one's going to take a few listens to try and make sense of what exactly went down right at the end. I really hope it's not what I think it is. :(

Merlin1274
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Well I think I am kinda thinking CJ may not be around much longer.. But at least Saul was wearing a vest if I heard correctly.

Pillars
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'm confused. This one's going to take a few listens to try and make sense of what exactly went down right at the end. I really hope it's not what I think it is. :(

What? That CJ got Durai'ed.

Merlin1274
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Saul told her not to go in. But if she had not I think Burt would have died by Scratch.. Forgot to mention that in my last post.

Pillars
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Well I think I am kinda thinking CJ may not be around much longer.. But at least Saul was wearing a vest if I heard correctly.

Yeah I think Saul just got the wind knocked out of him.. But I don't think we can say as much for CJ.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I have been chanting "Go Team Scratch!" for the remaining three minutes of the episode! Great one.

Pure uncovered primal rage from our beloved taphophilian girl. :yay:

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Oh my god . . . Kc . . . Why?

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I have been chanting "Go Team Scratch!" for the remaining three minutes of the episode! Great one.

Pure uncovered primal rage from our beloved taphophilian girl. :yay:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=you+serious&oq=you+ser&gs_l=img.1.0.0l6j0i5l4.1946.3450.0.5302.7.7.0.0.0. 0.175.715.5j2.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.0B0Vqj4QJNM&biw=1024&bih=644&sei=s7KOUNXKB8aR0QXWyYG4DQ#biv=i|2;d|hFStRC9-sMS3qM:

Seriously man that's messed up.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah I think Saul just got the wind knocked out of him.. But I don't think we can say as much for CJ.

Oh yea, he's wearing a vest. That why the odd scene at the end van driving off.

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=you+serious&oq=you+ser&gs_l=img.1.0.0l6j0i5l4.1946.3450.0.5302.7.7.0.0.0. 0.175.715.5j2.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.0B0Vqj4QJNM&biw=1024&bih=644&sei=s7KOUNXKB8aR0QXWyYG4DQ#biv=i|2;d|hFStRC9-sMS3qM:

I wish I knew what that was... It didn't come through...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM

Seriously man that's messed up.

Seems defunct'ed - just as CJ.

Litmaster
Wow, that girl on girl action had me smiling the whole time....

Uh, wait a minute... that didnt-

UndeadSweeper
Oh my god . . . Kc . . . Why?

I don't think Scarface has made the final wound. Sound more she injury her badly. Good thing they are in a hospital.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM

I guess, Kitto linked the google-picture-search-result for the word of "taphophilia" ...
At least this is what I did, because I had some trouble understanding that word:
http://www.google.de/search?num=10&hl=de&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1227&bih=709&q=taphophilia&oq=taphop&gs_l=img.3.0.0i19j0i10i19.1484.5001.0.6157.12.9.3. 0.0.0.136.661.8j1.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.eCQjjgPDm0o

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
How do you lose a sword fight when your opponent only has a knife?

Christopher kitto

I can't get that picture to work let me try this
http://www.troll.me/2012/02/02/jackie-chan-whut/you-cannot-be-serious-bro/

LiamKerrington

Very simple: You suck at using the long blade ... or, as it happened here, you get too easily distracted by the love that rejected you ... Poor CJ.

EpiEpee
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
As soon as I heard CJ say she was taking notes, I had a bad feeling about her longevity. Sounds like people will have access to her notes, and we will be minus a functional CJ.

Also, sounds like Burt may have a bit of spunk left after all! I'm hoping he gets to put it to good use.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I can't get that picture to work let me try this
http://www.troll.me/2012/02/02/jackie-chan-whut/you-cannot-be-serious-bro/

I stand corrected.
And I agree with you.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Very simple: You suck at using the long blade ...

Even so with like a foot and a half extra reach unless scratch jumped on her and pinned her down the long blade is going to be a huge advantage.

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Very simple: You suck at using the long blade ... or, as it happened here, you get too easily distracted by the love that rejected you ... Poor CJ.

I had a response, but I think someone else will make the connection... for now I sit and watch comments eating yogurt. mmmmm

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I stand corrected.
And I agree with you.
Finally someone with a heart!

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM

She only Asian, not a ninja. Kidding a side, Scarface has more training with a knife.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM
As soon as I heard CJ say she was taking notes, I had a bad feeling about her longevity. Same here.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I had a response, but I think someone else will make the connection... for now I sit and watch comments eating yogurt. mmmmm

You yoghurt eating cretin! Why would you do this to us?
(Jokes)

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM

Perhaps the hallway was too narrow to swing it properly???

Anyways, next episode: Saul blasts Scratch in the face, busts Burt out, then the dynamic duo go to town on all the miscellaneous Maller-Cretins roaming around...

fraygos
Can Scratch die now ... seriously. Aside from it being a zombie apocalypse, she lucks out way too much. Tattoo man is much more evil and I can't wait to see more with him but with Scratch its just beginning to annoy me now. I'm probably the minority here.

Christopher kitto
Seems defunct'ed - just as CJ.

At least CJ will die un scarred eh . . . Hahahaha!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Where is Osiris' first comment - does he still have a multi-orgasm due to this episode?

Christopher kitto
Can Scratch die now ... seriously. Aside from it being a zombie apocalypse, she lucks out way too much. Tattoo man is much more evil and I can't wait to see more with him but with Scratch its just beginning to annoy me now. I'm probably the minority here.

Nope.

Litmaster
Holy Crap Chris K.... I typed the previous post without looking at yours at all, I swear--

What's the odds of two consecutive posts using the word "cretin" ??

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Holy Crap Chris K.... I typed the previous post without looking at yours at all, I swear--

What's the odds of two consecutive posts using the word "cretin" ??

Damm bro, that's cool!

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Perhaps the hallway was too narrow to swing it properly???

Anyways, next episode: Saul blasts Scratch in the face, busts Burt out, then the dynamic duo go to town on all the miscellaneous Maller-Cretins roaming around...

I didn't think about the narrowness of the hallway, hmm you might be onto something there.

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Okay, I'm happy. It wasn't what I thought it was. Serves me right for working while listening to this. Damn accounting ruining my focus.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
"You got that little thing?" - "It's how you use it." Magnificent.

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Okay, I'm happy. It wasn't what I thought it was. Serves me right for working while listening to this. Damn accounting ruining my focus.

Accounting.... *shudders. Scarier than getting shot at.

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM
"You got that little thing?" - "It's how you use it." Magnificent.

Wait... didn't Lizzy say that to Saul at one point earlier in the story?

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Accounting.... *shudders. Scarier than getting shot at.

Agreed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone; it's soul crushing.

BUT! As they say, the two constants in life are death and taxes. I didn't want to be an undertaker so accounting was the only other job where I'd pretty much be guaranteed work.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Wait... didn't Lizzy say that to Saul at one point earlier in the story?

CJ said it to Saul when he went to go stab a zombie with his knife and she unsheathed a sword and decapitated it.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Poll is up -- http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3794-whose-heart-skips-a-beat

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mh ... This is, what I hear. Do I miss something?

First the gun shots - from both Scratch and CJ, then ammo is out. Scratch shoots, Saul looses his breath, CJ exclaims and returns the fire while Scratch shoots as well.
CJ takes her blade, Scratch her knife.
CJ feels superior - longer blade - and becomes a lot more confident (over?) when Bigsby declares the armory being captured.
Scratchs gets more aggressive.
Then Saul stammers something along 'damnit', and CJ reacts to it.
The next attack of Scratch makes CJ loose or drop the blade - "I got you!". CJ cries out loud, and then the magic words are whispered: "You lose, I win." - accompanied by the sound of a knife slashing through flesh ...

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Agreed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone; it's soul crushing.

BUT! As they say, the two constants in life are death and taxes. I didn't want to be an undertaker so accounting was the only other job where I'd pretty much be guaranteed work.

Here an idea, KC. Zombie Accountant, Ink's newest creation.

itsallgoodie
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Damnit KC, First you take away everything good about Riley, now you kill CJ. http://i.imgur.com/Nsdb1.jpg

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Damnit KC, First you take away everything good about Riley, now you kill CJ. http://i.imgur.com/Nsdb1.jpg

Have faith brother, she may draw breath yet!

Pikepaw
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
No, no, no, no, no, nonono. KC you can't do this to me! No! No! No! <br />
<br />
CJ stabbed?! her scream of pain broke my heart! I was worried since she first engaged Scratch, since I knew this wasn't...

HardKor
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Ok, first of all: a Katana/Knife fight between CJ and Scratch is without a doubt one of the coolest things ever, even if it is hard to follow in audio.

It seems pretty clear that CJ is at least wounded, but until we hear the actual death, there's always hope. But Scratch is probably gonna make it out again. I still can't imagine her going out without coming face to face with Pegs, (but I may just be holding on to that one to keep myself assured that Pegs is gonna comes back).

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
100 percent agree both there characters perfectly.

Dyhoerium
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Mh ... This is, what I hear. Do I miss something?

First the gun shots - from both Scratch and CJ, then ammo is out. Scratch shoots, Saul looses his breath, CJ exclaims and returns the fire while Scratch shoots as well.
CJ takes her blade, Scratch her knife.
CJ feels superior - longer blade - and becomes a lot more confident (over?) when Bigsby declares the armory being captured.
Scratchs gets more aggressive.
Then Saul stammers something along 'damnit', and CJ reacts to it.
The next attack of Scratch makes CJ loose or drop the blade - "I got you!". CJ cries out loud, and then the magic words are whispered: "You loose, I win." - accompanied by the sound of a knife slashing through flesh ...

This is how I took the scene. CJ killed by love.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Ok, first of all: a Katana/Knife fight between CJ and Scratch is without a doubt one of the coolest things ever, even if it is hard to follow in audio.

It seems pretty clear that CJ is at least wounded, but until we hear the actual death, there's always hope. But Scratch is probably gonna make it out again. I still can't imagine her going out without coming face to face with Pegs, (but I may just be holding on to that one to keep myself assured that Pegs is gonna comes back).

You think CJ would have an hidden weapon on her?

Dyhoerium
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I know the knife/sword fight overshadows, but did anyone else love the transition when we went from Victor and Lizzy to Saul and CJ? Seemless - the sound editing was awesome! Kudos.

Dyhoerium
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM

I think CJ's dead. I didn't want to see that happen - I actually wanted to see her and Michael work as a team, but I fear that will never happen. I think I'm with you in 'hoping' she makes it out.

I don't think Scratch needs to come face-to-face with Pegs. I think she goes face-to-face with Burt. It's been building since they first met on the road with the tanker truck.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
It's always possible, also I'm a proud member of victors mucho macho fan-club!
YAY VICTORS SUPER MEGA AWESOME SUPER MEGA MUCHO MACHO FAN CLUB!

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi there,

yeah, ok. Granted: We have no confirmation about CJ's death. I just conclude it, 'cause Scratch is such a hell of a knife-fighting bitch that it would strike me kind of odd, if CJ survives the last seconds of this episode. This would not fit into the whole picture of Scratch I took from the complete show so far.

I know the knife/sword fight overshadows, but did anyone else love the transition when we went from Victor and Lizzy to Saul and CJ? Seemless - the sound editing was awesome! Kudos.

Yeah, the transition was incredibly well done!

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I think CJ's dead. I didn't want to see that happen - I actually wanted to see her and Michael work as a team, but I fear that will never happen. I think I'm with you in 'hoping' she makes it out.

I don't think Scratch needs to come face-to-face with Pegs. I think she goes face-to-face with Burt. It's been building since they first met on the road with the tanker truck.

Well someone needs to kill that psycho, personally I don't mind which.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=LiamKerrington;50130]Hi there,

yeah, ok. Granted: We have no confirmation about CJ's death. I just conclude it, 'cause Scratch is such a hell of a knife-fighting bitch that it would strike me kind of odd, if CJ survives the last seconds of this episode. This would not fit into the whole picture of Scratch I took from the complete show so far.

Sadly, I kina agree but alas! I must stay hopeful!

Penguine
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
CJ said it to Saul when he went to go stab a zombie with his knife and she unsheathed a sword and decapitated it.

No.. Saul said it to CJ. He pulled out his KBar and CJ said something like "That thing?" and Saul comes back with something like "Its not the size that matters, Its all about how you use it." or something like that.

HardKor
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Yeah, CJ might end up holding on just long enough to gets a death scene and say something to Saul or something like that. But I'm not giving up on her until I have to damnit!
I still think Scratch needs to face off with Pegs at some point though. Her whole motivation since the end of season 1 has been to track down Pegs and if either she or Pegs dies without that confrontation it will just feel like a let down. Of course it also seems like Scratch and Burt need to face off too. Scratch has just built up so many enemies it's almost easier to count how many people she doesn't have a confrontation with coming. But I still think Burt is going to die at some point. Of course I think a lot of people have been expecting it and he keeps coming back so maybe he'll beat those expectations. Or he'll hang along just long enough for us all to stop predicting his death and then *WHAM*

Penguine
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
When The door first opened and Saul went down I thought WTF? Then I figured he strapped on a vest, and it would seem that way. Now, does Scratch stick around or does she split leaving CJ bleeding out and Saul hurtin from getting shot not realizing he was wearing a vest, or does she shoot Burt through the door while having his finger in her mouth like a cigar?

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Scratch's nemesis could be:
Pegs (crashlanding a chinook on Scratch's shoulders and thus decapitating her)
Burt (eating her alife, throwing her up again and then shooting her in the face)
Zombie-Charly (who remembers Charly?) (doin' what zeehs do ...)
Tardust (think of it! he was treated like shit several times, so he would pay her back ...)
edit:
Riley (to avenge the fallen Angel, her Love, by being the Chef making a special supper for the Zeehs with Scratch as main Ingrediend, boiling her slowly in oil and spycing her with whatever there is that is totally hot)
/edit (Thank you Hardcore)

I'd love to see a giant death match with Scratch knifing down Ink, while Ink turns her into a zombie; meanwhile Burt aims thoroughly with two Shirley Mk2 and blasts Scratches head of while she turns ... And then she drops into the cracks at ground zero ...
But I don't see this coming actually ... ;)

And no, I don't think Scratch shot at the door of Burt's cell; he seemed way too lively afterwards, while Saul seemed to be kind of weak at the end of this episode ... Also Scratch said something along the line, who it would be who comes through this door, which is why I think she shot Saul.

HardKor
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Pegs
Burt
Zombie-Charly (who remembers Charly?)
Tardust (think of it!)

I'd love to see a giant death match with Scratch knifing down Ink, while Ink turns her into a zombie; meanwhile Burt aims thoroughly with two Shirley Mk2 and blasts Scratches head of while she turns ... And then she drops into the cracks at ground zero ...
But I don't see this coming actually ... ;)

And no, I don't think Scratch shot at the door of Burt's cell; he seemed way too lively afterwards, while Saul seemed to be kind of weak at the end of this episode ... Also Scratch said something along the line, who it would be who comes through this door, which is why I think she shot Saul.

Also add Riley to that list. She had an attachment to Angel, so if she finds out that Scratch killed Angel she'll be looking for revenge.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
No.. Saul said it to CJ. He pulled out his KBar and CJ said something like "That thing?" and Saul comes back with something like "Its not the size that matters, Its all about how you use it." or something like that.

I stand thoroughly corrected.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, CJ might end up holding on just long enough to gets a death scene and say something to Saul or something like that. But I'm not giving up on her until I have to damnit!
I still think Scratch needs to face off with Pegs at some point though.

Agreed,and that's the spirit damit!

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Also add Riley to that list. She had an attachment to Angel, so if she finds out that Scratch killed Angel she'll be looking for revenge.

Yeah, thank you for the reminder ... I edited my posting accordingly! ...

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Pegs (crashlanding a chinook on Scratch's shoulders and thus decapitating her)

Hmm I rather like that idea.

Blood & Ice Cream
loving the banter between Scratch and Burt :D

Litmaster
But Scratch is probably gonna make it out again. I still can't imagine her going out without coming face to face with Pegs, (but I may just be holding on to that one to keep myself assured that Pegs is gonna comes back).

Saul has a gun; she doesn't. I hope he just blasts her in the face, then busts out Burt. More on the Pegs thing below.

This is how I took the scene. CJ killed by love.

Yeah, I got it on the second listen: CJ got distracted by Saul's groans and Scratch sucker-stabbed her when she wasn't looking.

Yeah, again: EARTH TO ALL SURVIVING CHARACTERS: SCRATCH KEEPS AN EXTRA FUCKING KNIFE HIDDEN!!!
(How many times are we going to keep referencing that??)

Yeah. I want to see Kc do another 'audio tips' blog on transitions. I'll ask him.

And...

I still think Scratch needs to face off with Pegs at some point though.

I hope not, HardKor. If they did, it would seem more like a contrived manipulation on the part of the author to 'tie up dangling plot threads' rather than a natural outcome of the story.

The only character I'm willing to dispense with all believably is Burt. I don't care if he's 73 and half dead of torture and starvation. Break that man out, strap a chainsaw to his bad hand, Shirley II in his good hand, and a .50 cal to each of his legs for good measure. Then let him go Grindhouse on their asses!!!

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
loving the banter between Scratch and Burt :D

Same, it was one of my favourite parts of the episode in the light of all that is happening burt is still cracking jokes at old scarface.

Vlarken
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not 100% sure it was CJ that got stabbed. Scratch said something like, "but now I've got you." Then CJ screamed, and it sounded to me like either she had gotten stabbed, or that she was screaming in anguish because Scratch had rushed Saul, and stabbed him instead because she couldn't beat CJ in the knife/swordfight. So I don't know, to me the ending seemed a bit ambiguous, or maybe I just don't listen we'll enough.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Saul has a gun; she doesn't. I hope he just blasts her in the face, then busts out Burt. More on the Pegs thing below.

Agreed a thousand times over.

Yeah, I got it on the second listen: CJ got distracted by Saul's groans and Scratch sucker-stabbed her when she wasn't looking.

Agreed I think that's how it went down.

Yeah, again: EARTH TO ALL SURVIVING CHARACTERS: SCRATCH KEEPS AN EXTRA FUCKING KNIFE HIDDEN!!! (How many times are we going to keep referencing that??)

If ownly CJ could steal it hmmm . . .

Yeah. I want to see Kc do another 'audio tips' blog on transitions. I'll ask him.

And...

I hope not, HardKor. If they did, it would seem more like a contrived manipulation on the part of the author to 'tie up dangling plot threads' rather than a natural outcome of the story.

True but the whole chinook decapitation idea sounds badass!

The only character I'm willing to dispense with all believably with is Burt. I don't care if he's 73 and half dead of torture and starvation. Break that man out, strap a chainsaw to his bad hand, Shirley II in his good hand, and a .50 cal to each of his legs for good measure. Then let him go Grindhouse on their asses!!!

Hells yeah!

Some great points made there.

EBax
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
So I definitely tuned into this episode with a sense that someone was going to die, or get pretty messed up at the very least. Scratch's bloodlust is in full swing now, so I'm betting that this isn't all she's going to do before she slips away. On a brighter note, Burt's entrance was something I wasn't figuring would happen until later in the chapter. I also figured that he wouldn't have as sharp of a tongue after what Scratch did to him, but It's still good to hear he's kept that part of his personality.

With little context, I predict a few things:
1. The next part will not start with CJ, Saul, and Scratch. It'll start with some other party. (Victor and Lizzy?) Mostly because KC would be too kind to let us know what happened immediately after that cliffhanger.
2. CJ will be assuming room temperature very soon. I'll need to re-listen to confirm, but I think Saul had armor on. Does that mean that he's fine? No. But there's a higher likelyhood that he's not totally messed up.
3. Scratch is going to do something evil before the chapter is out, but that's a given at this point.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'm not 100% sure it was CJ that got stabbed. Scratch said something like, "but now I've got you." Then CJ screamed, and it sounded to me like either she had gotten stabbed, or that she was screaming in anguish because Scratch had rushed Saul, and stabbed him instead because she couldn't beat CJ in the knife/swordfight. So I don't know, to me the ending seemed a bit ambiguous, or maybe I just don't listen we'll enough.

Seems unlikely you hear CJs katana hit the floor.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Maybe. But why would CJ drop her blade then at 17:28?
/ninjaed by Kitto

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM
/ninjaed by Kitto

My pleasure sir *tips hat*

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
/ninjaed by Kitto

Sounds like Scratch rushed her, tied her in close before CJ could get her with her blade, then right when they were face to face, CJ got distracted by Saul over Scratch's shoulder and Scratch seized the opportunity to whip her other knife out and stab CJ in the chest. CJ drops her blade, then we hear Scratch extracting the blade.

Or... maybe Scratch kicked the katana out of CJ's hand when she got distracted, then we hear the sword drop, then the 'slooooorp!' of the knife stabbing into her...

Vlarken
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
The only reason I can propose for CJ dropping her katana that also goes along with my previous theory is: CJ loves Saul, and she was so distraught at seeing him ran through by Scratch, that she dropped her sword to the ground. That's kind of a weak theory though, and I'm pretty much coming around to the other point of view... I just find it hard to stomach CJ dying.

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM

I agree 100% with this. I've been hoping that we never actually DO find out what happened to Pegs and Kelly. I'd imagine that in a situation with a zombie apocalypse it'd be the norm to have people you love that you never hear from again. They just disappear with their fates a complete unknown. To find out what happened to them seems too convenient to me.

Plus, if we never hear from them again, maybe KC can do a spinoff of them in a different series later.

EpiEpee
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM
So the more I think about it, the more I wonder what CJ's motivation was for going full-steam ahead into the hospital, directly contrary to the plan that had been agreed on. Did she feel she had something to prove and could spring Burt on her own? I know people have suggested malicious intent for Lizzy before as well. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

Also, not WA-related, but East Coasters, please stay safe! Especially those of you in NY/NJ!

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Also, not WA-related, but East Coasters, please stay safe! Especially those of you in NY/NJ!
I second that. Baton down that hatches, and tuck yourself in with some nice WA episodes to calm you down.... well, maybe not the last part.

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM

Just a windy afternoon here in Boston, with some pretty strong gusts. I'm on the fringes, though.

Nikvoodoo may be off the grid for awhile...

Mikeyd2tall
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I should have seen this coming when Kc said CJ was his favorite character! And Burt better be the lucky bastard who gets to shoot scratches head off.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Am I the only one who mistakenly assumed that the woman who was accompanying CJ was Lizzie? I was seriously bummed out when she was shot by Scratch. It took a re-listen to realize that it one of the Colonial women who joined CJ when she split up from Saul.

I wonder if Scratch was headed down to get Burt, or if she was lying in wait in the hope that Pegs, or someone from the Tower would come for Burt.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
The only reason I can propose for CJ dropping her katana that also goes along with my previous theory is: CJ loves Saul, and she was so distraught at seeing him ran through by Scratch, that she dropped her sword to the ground. That's kind of a weak theory though, and I'm pretty much coming around to the other point of view... I just find it hard to stomach CJ dying.

Don't give up hope! She may not be fatally wounded!

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Am I the only one who mistakenly assumed that the woman who was accompanying CJ was Lizzie? I was seriously bummed out when she was shot by Scratch. It took a re-listen to realize that it one of the Colonial women who joined CJ when she split up from Saul.

I wonder if Scratch was headed down to get Burt, or if she was lying in wait in the hope that Pegs, or someone from the Tower would come for Burt.

Nope! That's what I thought had happened initially, too. I had to go back and listen to it a few times to make sure that Lizzy hadn't been gunned down in a quick and dirty BAM! YOU'RE DEAD kind of thing.

Christopher kitto
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I second that. Baton down that hatches, and tuck yourself in with some nice WA episodes to calm you down.... well, maybe not the last part.

Carm . . . down?
That last episode almost had me in A&E with a heart attack during the knife fight and in A&E with a broken heart afterwards.

:(

Test subject 9
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Did anyone else get a chill down their spine when they heard scratch end this episode?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Don't give up hope! She may not be fatally wounded!

Three things:

@kitto: She might not be fatally wounded, but besides the freshman dentist who performed the ultrasound on Lizzy, who else will be able to treat her wounds?

@nikvoodoo: I guess that if you retell this part of chapter 35 you can do it in one sentence: "This chapter is about two single women, armed with very lethal melee weapons, who beat the shit out of each other." That sums it up. :)

Third: As sad as it sounds, the first part of chapter shows impressively, that CJ is an exceptional planner who somehow tends to misjudge her current situation. If she just had waited for Saul...

By the way, I concur that we would start with the resolution of the conflict at the beginning of the next chapter.

There is enough fighting going on within the whole area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBuAfIjsFVk

Ray
Oct 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The pretentioius, know-it-all, bossy ***** does exactly what someone tells her not to do, and she gets herself shanked. She's treated Saul and Vic badly enough that I don't think she deserves to live, and now her stupidity and hypocrisy has gotten one girl killed and Saul shot. All because she didn't do what she's been completely terrible to other people about. The venom and hate she's blasted towards other people when they don't listen to her is poetic justice now that Scratch has shanked her mercilessly. Useless. Utterly and completely useless. Didn't like her before, hate her now. This might be the only time that I've ever cheered for Scratch. Hope she twisted the knife a few times before she pulled it out.

What continues to make zero sense to me is that Saul was part of the 10th Mountain Division yet he can't shoot, he was pretty fat, and has zero planning skills. How does that make any sense at all? Why is Saul, a former 10th MD soldier for cripes sake, taking orders from some pretentious supply clerk? One that has been a terrible person to him for months, and has been absolutely horrible to him for loving someone she doesn't know, and being worried that both she and his potential kid might be in mortal danger? How on earth is Saul still putting up with her crap? Michael said very early on that Saul would have outranked him by now if he'd kept his mouth shut, but nothing that has been written in his storyline sticks to that.

Flame_Alchemist44
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
So this isn't exactly going what's been discussed but anyone realize how malicious Bixby was when he asked about Michael? Might just be me but I feel like giving his people a bunch of weapons will be bad in the end.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM
What? That CJ got Durai'ed.

Oh please, please, please let it be so.

TEAM CJ!!!

EDIT:: Oops, I thought I read that Scratch was Durai'ed (By CJ)

Cabbage Patch
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
So this isn't exactly going what's been discussed but anyone realize how malicious Bixby was when he asked about Michael? Might just be me but I feel like giving his people a bunch of weapons will be bad in the end.

If only Bixby had had a chance to chat up Scratch! Between Scratch's grudge against Pegs, and Bixby's grudge against Michael because of Pegs, they seem like a match made in heaven!

7oddisdead
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
If only Bixby had had a chance to chat up Scratch! Between Scratch's grudge against Pegs, and Bixby's grudge against Michael because of Pegs, they seem like a match made in heaven!

my sneaky suspicion.....they already have.

Also, I've not seen it mentioned, but gatekeeper now has the satphone...the question is, which one? Best I can tell..nobody has. Had the opportunity to get the busted one out of glen's shack...hmm...this is not shaping up well for the good guys

Flame_Alchemist44
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM

That and he might know about the sat phone. Can't remember if it was ever mentioned around him.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Not by a long shot. I'm ready for to go too.

Only Datu is as lucky as Scratch and he is great at bashing things in the head. I think we've found our hero.

Datu, the Head Banger!!! Where are you?

AliVega
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Why was CJ concerned about the alarm on Burt's door especially since 1. scratch was already aware of CJs presence 2. After CJ hears that her group has taken the armory 3. And when Burt tells her to let him out and take a shot for himself!!! Was she just being stubborn? Or was the alarm rigged with explosives? Her character is like the Yin Yang of being ultra prepared but then falling short when shit hits the fan (usually due to her emotions).

Flame_Alchemist44
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Why was CJ concerned about the alarm on Burt's door especially since 1. scratch was already aware of CJs presence 2. After CJ hears that her group has taken the armory 3. And when Burt tells her to let him out and take a shot for himself!!! Was she just being stubborn? Or was the alarm rigged with explosives? Her character is like the Yin Yang of being ultra prepared but then falling short when shit hits the fan (usually due to her emotions).

I think it has something to do with not alerting more of the Mallers. I don't think Scratch had a radio

awkwardalex
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Three things:

@kitto: She might not be fatally wounded, but besides the freshman dentist who performed the ultrasound on Lizzy, who else will be able to treat her wounds?

@nikvoodoo: I guess that if you retell this part of chapter 35 you can do it in one sentence: "This chapter is about two single women, armed with very lethal melee weapons, who beat the shit out of each other." That sums it up. :)

Third: As sad as it sounds, the first part of chapter shows impressively, that CJ is an exceptional planner who somehow tends to misjudge her current situation. If she just had waited for Saul...

By the way, I concur that we would start with the resolution of the conflict at the beginning of the next chapter.

There is enough fighting going on within the whole area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBuAfIjsFVk

I think that what makes CJ so bad at her execution is that she is such a good planner, that gets a bit cocky and assumes she can do no wrong.

clem131
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM

That is just plain mean.

clem131
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I also can't figure out the alarm thing: why would it matter? There's three factions of people running everywhere shooting at each other, I don't think anybody would hear it, and if so, I don't think anybody would care. I can't really see what's the matter with Burt: he's locked up, if I were Scratch I would be out to chase those who aren't. Then, after I have things secured, I'd come back.
Also, I don't think Saul will do anything to Scratch: he's in bad shape and the girl is essentially immortal.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM

I stand thoroughly corrected.

Actually, Saul pulls his knife and CJ says, "What, that thing? Ha ha ha."
Victor laughs and says, "Way to make him feel inadiquate."
After incountering zombies, Saul says, "It's not the size, it's how you use it."

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I also can't figure out the alarm thing: why would it matter? There's three factions of people running everywhere shooting at each other, I don't think anybody would hear it, and if so, I don't think anybody would care. I can't really see what's the matter with Burt: he's locked up, if I were Scratch I would be out to chase those who aren't. Then, after I have things secured, I'd come back.
Also, I don't think Saul will do anything to Scratch: he's in bad shape and the girl is essentially immortal.

Agreed on the alarm thing-- with all hell breaking loose, I don't think one escaped prisoner would be high on the list of priorities for a fractious Maller crowd who, at this point, would probably be much more concerned with

a. Kicking some ass, or

b. Saving their own ass

Besides, where is this alarm supposed to sound off at? Scratch's house? Maller HQ??? And who is to say that any of these guys are actually going to be around to hear and respond to the alarm???

Cabbage Patch
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Some miscellaneous thoughts on this episode:

• I'm assuming that Saul and CJ were able to close the gate behind them and deal with the biters that were trying to follow them into the Colony. Let's hope they got them all, after all it only takes one!

• I doubt that Gatekeeper has the Fort Irwin Sat Phone. That would require that Victor took it into the Colony with him, which seems unlikely. My guess, Gatekeeper has the Sat Phone from Glenn's shop, and the one from Fort Irwin is locked away somewhere at Dunbar Apartments.

• If Saul is wearing body armor I can't imagine a scenario where CJ wouldn't have body armor on as well. That doesn't make her impervious to knife wounds, but it should mean she didn't catch a blade to her torso. Still leaves her throat, her legs and other critical points exposed though. Wouldn't it be ironic if she was killed by a cut to her femoral arteries, causing her to bleed out just like the zombies she recently killed?

• Does anyone else think that the police armored van might have a role to play in Scratch getting away from the Colony? Non of the Dunbar crew are watching it now, and there's reason to assume the Colonists were savvy enough to safeguard it. If Scratch can seize it, it can provide both transportation and shelter, and maybe a new armory.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'm going to come right out and say that Scratch's voice makes my heart go all pitter patter. This was a pretty amazing episode actually - absolutely tons of great action!

Litmaster
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM
• Does anyone else think that the police armored van might have a role to play in Scratch getting away from the Colony? Non of the Dunbar crew are watching it now, and there's reason to assume the Colonists were savvy enough to safeguard it. If Scratch can seize it, it can provide both transportation and shelter, and maybe a new armory.

Heh heh... can anyone say CAPE FEAR??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXP9FccCn0)

awkwardalex
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
That is just plain mean.

Buuuuuuuuuutttttttttt....is it plain yogurt?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Also, I've not seen it mentioned, but gatekeeper now has the satphone...the question is, which one? Best I can tell..nobody has. Had the opportunity to get the busted one out of glen's shack...hmm...this is not shaping up well for the good guys

Then it probably hasn't happened as I have the same sneaky suspicion.

7oddisdead
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Then it probably hasn't happened as I have the same sneaky suspicion.

we are le fail....

And in listening back, I have to wonder why is Glenn on standby about the satphone?...something fishy is going on there...us not knowing the location of the ft Irwin phone strikes me as perpetually odd.

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
we are le fail....

And in listening back, I have to wonder why is Glenn on standby about the satphone?...something fishy is going on there...us not knowing the location of the ft Irwin phone strikes me as perpetually odd.

Glenn isn't at the colony, or near the colony. They haven't got the sat-phone yet; therefore he's standing by until they can get it. Glenn isn't very useful in a fight, especially with his bad leg.

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Besides, where is this alarm supposed to sound off at? Scratch's house? Maller HQ??? And who is to say that any of these guys are actually going to be around to hear and respond to the alarm???

Hmmm.... ok. Set off the alarm... see what happens- ;) Is it just an alarm?

Cabbage Patch
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Glenn isn't at the colony, or near the colony. They haven't got the sat-phone yet; therefore he's standing by until they can get it. Glenn isn't very useful in a fight, especially with his bad leg.

Pete, on the other hand, could have made himself useful carrying water bottles to the fighters!

7oddisdead
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM

you still win at answering questions without answering them.

WestonWisdom
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
If Scratch was going to kill Burt, I really can't understand her motives, unless I have missed something, now she has free reign to do whatever she wants to try and avenge her brother, which involves...

Cabbage Patch
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I think that if Scratch had wanted Burt dead that he would be dead now. He's bait, to draw Tower people into her kill zone, with Pegs as her big prize. I'd bet that there are explosives rigged to...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
OK, at first I was not convinced (i.e. hoping) that it was Scratch says the last couple of lines. It sounds like it is Scratch saying "I got you...You lose, I win." In between saying 'I got you' and 'you lose' CJ can be heard screaming and breathing heavily. This leaves Scratch to have the last word.

I think CJ does have on a vest.

Was CJ's blade cleaned very well. If she cuts Scratch or vise versa (If Sctratch has Cj's sword) what abiut the Z cooties on the katana/

werewolf
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
first of all love the new art work. the way it looks as far as composition and color makes me believe that C.J. might not make it out of this episode.
second K.C. Don't kill off C.J.
Third. Why does Lizzy sound different? maybe its because we haven't heard from her in awhile.
why would C.J. be worried about an alarm; when hell is already breaking loose in the colony anyway? unless it rigged to a pipe bomb, to blow into Burt's room. I don't think she knows that much about rigging explosives.
i had to listen to again and Saul been shot again. however, hes wearing a vest this time. Does Saul have bulls eye painted on him somewhere?
it was scratch that said,"you loose. I win." again K.C. don't kill off C.J.
love the drum in the background of hospital is that Taiko?

Drannix99
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I really hate to say it...Cause I really like her, she one of my favorite characters...but it sounds like CJ is dead. The panicked scream, her gasping as Scratch speaks ("You lose, *gasp*, I win"), all kind of points to it. But KC never cliffhangs on the obvious, and I wouldn't be surprised if he throwing some kind of obvious curve ball.

That scream CJ let out keeps me from going all in on the Idea that Scratch put the knife in her, or at the very least successfully killed her.

I really can't recall anyone person in this show (with the exception of Hope's mother) screaming for their own life like that. Not saying that CJ cant be the exception.
I'm holding out on the possibility that Scratch went for Saul after disarmming CJ, and that what we hear are CJ's screams as she helplessly watches as Scratch, blade in hand, attempts to deal the death blow to Saul. Saul being the least lifeless at the moment would be the easiest target, and tactically, I would take out the waking soilder with the Gun before I drop the unarmmed woman whom I just got the drop on.....but may that's wishful thinking.

Condor
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
So this isn't exactly going what's been discussed but anyone realize how malicious Bixby was when he asked about Michael? Might just be me but I feel like giving his people a bunch of weapons will be bad in the end.Something like that did cross my mind also.

I got the impression it was rigged to blow.

Pete, on the other hand, could have made himself useful carrying water bottles to the fighters!
He'd probably get in the way.
Pete (to fighter): Have a bottle of water
fighter: Not now, I'm trying to kill the bad guys
Pete: But you've got to stay hydrated
fighter: I can't shoot and drink at the same time. Go away P... (fighter gets shot)
Pete: Oh shit...
Pete (to another fighter): Hey you, have a bottle of water...

Good to know Burt is still Burt, itchinf for freedom. If he got a gun, sights a maller/zombie before growling "Merry Christmas to me" it would be so epic. They are in mid December after all.Would be cool, but he's been locked up since August and has probably lost track of time.

stat
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Two of my favorite Scratch endings (I like ones where she's the last one standing but doesn't get what she really wants--revenge against Pegs): <br />
<br />
1. Scratch demands that Pegs is turned over; pretty...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I really hate to say it...Cause I really like her, she one of my favorite characters...but it sounds like CJ is dead. The panicked scream, her gasping as Scratch speaks ("You lose, *gasp*, I win"), all kind of points to it. But KC never cliffhangs on the obvious, and I wouldn't be surprised if he throwing some kind of obvious curve ball.
That scream CJ let out keeps me from going all in on the Idea that Scratch put the knife in her, or at the very least successfully killed her.
I really can't recall anyone person in this show (with the exception of Hope's mother) screaming for their own life like that. Not saying that CJ cant be the exception.
I'm holding out on the possibility that Scratch went for Saul after disarmming CJ, and that what we hear are CJ's screams as she helplessly watches as Scratch, blade in hand, attempts to deal the death blow to Saul. Saul being the least lifeless at the moment would be the easiest target, and tactically, I would take out the waking soilder with the Gun before I drop the unarmmed woman whom I just got the drop on.....but may that's wishful thinking.

The cliffhangers have been fairly mixed between obvious ones and surprises. But, your wishful thinking has given me hope that CJ is still around. I like the scenario that you painted.

About that scream... Bone Chilling. It's unsettling when a hero screams for their life, with such vulnerability, after we've developed an image of them being as tough as nails and as fearless as a junkyard dog. Reminds me of the first encounter we have of CJ when she screams at Saul and Victor, "You're NOT taking me!!!"

Drannix99
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:26 PM
The cliffhangers have been fairly mixed between obvious ones and surprises. But, your wishful thinking has given me hope that CJ is still around. I like the scenario that you painted.

About that scream... Bone Chilling. It's unsettling when a hero screams for their life, with such vulnerability, after we've developed an image of them being as tough as nails and as fearless as a junkyard dog. Reminds me of the first encounter we have of CJ when she screams at Saul and Victor, "You're NOT taking me!!!"

Good point...but that scream (more of a yell) she gave to Victor and Saul had some fight in it. The scream she let out in this last chapter, had nothing but pure desperation left in it. It make my heart sink into my stomach. I think you said it best; it was simply...Bone Chilling.

LiamKerrington
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Not sure. This is how I see this last picture between Scratch and CJ. Spoiler: No, Scratch won't go after Saul leaving an unarmed, still leathel woman behind, because CJ could take the blade anytime again, and Scratch wouldn't leave such an opportunity.

Scratch and CJ trade blows. Saul says something, which makes CJ stop moving, even turn half way around to him calling his name. Scratch rushes on CJ, grabs her hair and pulls her head with her free hand, while pushing the blade away. CJ screams and drops the blade. Scratch uses her momentum and makes CJ loose her balance, drop halfway to the floor. Resting on her knees, caught in a deathgrip from Scratch she feels Scratch's knife at her throat. "You lose...", says Scratch and cuts CJs throat, "I win." Now Scratch has the opportunity to deal with the half-downed Saul ...

About the alarm on the door: Yeah, I was wondering a lot and didn't come up with a solution. Except maybe for this: CJs opens a door to find an old man not sure in what condition he might be; maybe she considered him just a burden which is why she wanted to deal with Scratch first?

Gatekeeper has his Sat-Phone, the one Victor and Saul and the late CJ were after in order to deliver spare parts to Glenn and make him repair the Irwin-Sat-Phone.

Well, hell broke loose. Granted: There is a lot of potential for weird and not so weird plot-twists ... Next week will tell us - unless #35-2 is about Whiskers hunting zombie-rats ...

All the best!
Liam

zombeh-kitteh
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
If CJ isn't dead already, she'll bleed out/die in the next coming parts of the chapter...Scratch doesn't seem like the "slice" type, she likes to STAB, which is bad luck for CJ, depending on where she was stabbed (but I can guarantee it was probably someplace vital).

Saul is probably fine, just got the wind knocked out of him, and he will probably be the next one to square off against Scratch, seeing as CJ's down for the count. Hopefully CJ will tell Saul why Burt can't come out of his cell yet before they're both blown sky high or something.

I think Scratch's time has long been coming, but I think that her end may be nigh...if the title of this chapter is to believed. I don't think she's going to get her chance at Pegs, who may be dead already for all we know. But I'm not sure if it's going to be Saul who takes her down...I have a feeling that someone else may show up and intervene in their fight. It could be anyone at this point...Bixby, Gatekeeper, Burt...hell maybe even Lizzie from behind or something, you never know.

I do think that one of the reasons they call up Ft. Irwin is to send medical aid for CJ and for others who may be injured and saveable, as well as to get general help.

I will be sad to see CJ go, if it's her time...she messed up this time but in the long run it may have saved a lot of others from suffering any longer under the Mallers' thumbs...but I'm glad that for the moment, Victor and Lizzie seem to be okay...I hope that there will be at least a few happy endings.

Brava, KC! This ep. was fantastic!

Sushin
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM
CJ did not get her throat slit. A, she wouldn't have been able to scream, and B, she wouldn't be killed of instantaneously when Saul is right there to share a heart wrenching last moment with. Saul is probably fine because of a vest or something, but I have no clue what could happen next. I don't really think Scratch is going to die though.

Loyal Retainer
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Would someone be so kind as to tell me as to how many episodes are left? I looked through the threads but it's hard to search on my iPad. Sorry for the dumb question.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Would someone be so kind as to tell me as to how many episodes are left? I looked through the threads but it's hard to search on my iPad. Sorry for the dumb question.

We're near the end of the third season. We have the rest of Chapter 35, then Chapter 36, which is scheduled to come as a single, omnibus season finale chapter on December 3. After that we're due for a fourth, and final season starting some time next year.

Z Sniper
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:11 AM
meh,.....not enough meat in it. heh.

Loyal Retainer
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
We're near the end of the third season. We have the rest of Chapter 35, then Chapter 36, which is scheduled to come as a single, omnibus season finale chapter on December 3. After that we're due for a fourth, and final season starting some time next year.

Thank you sir.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think I've bothered to weigh in on an episode for a while now... and the more I think about it, this isn't the episode for me to do so.

makidabest
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
WHY? CJ still has a lot to offer. Please don't take her away.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM
WHY? CJ still has a lot to offer. Please don't take her away.

That's the best reason to take away something. Think about Kalani. He was a pilot. Angel was...

Ok, so it doesn't work for everyone. But that really is the best way to force the characters to grow in a very organic way.

7oddisdead
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:47 AM
That's the best reason to take away something. Think about Kalani. He was a pilot. Angel was...

Ok, so it doesn't work for everyone. But that really is the best way to force the characters to grow in a very organic way.

Truth.

I honestly could see only victor and Lizzie making it out. We kinda need bad things to happen at this point, least in my opinion we do....apacolypses shouldn't be happy.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Truth.

I honestly could see only victor and Lizzie making it out. We kinda need bad things to happen at this point, least in my opinion we do....apacolypses shouldn't be happy.

Kc would be a bloody cold bastard if he kills off Lizzy. That would be just so terrible.

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Ok, so the door is bombed- not alarmed... not as if CJ would know the difference, anyway. Well, if CJ is dead, then Burt is fucked, because the only thing Saul is going to do is shoot Scratch, then...

buzzbros2002
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:19 AM
The end is near for Scratch I hope. She truly needs to die this season to make Tardust the new maller leader. He would be an easy yet interesting foe for the start of the next season yet cleared fast so we can get to the main boss. I'm looking at you Ink the stink.

Drogon Malice
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:30 AM
The end is near for Scratch I hope. She truly needs to die this season to make Tardust the new maller leader. He would be an easy yet interesting foe for the start of the next season yet cleared fast so we can get to the main boss. I'm looking at you Ink the stink.

nah i can picture this going badly and everyone saying "then who called Micheal!" and when we catch up with them its Micheal saying "wait this can't be right, its the team LA" and then he answers and we hear scratch "hello Micheal" then the mallers turn up just for the pure sake of revenge, maybe the promise of a safer area and more resources then they have there in LA. that would be convincing arguement for most i think, scratch is a psycho bitch, lets never underestimate the psycho bitch, i mean shit she just fought someone who had a sword, with a fucking pocket knife, she renounced the family ties she had and killed "a family member" and its not the first time, i don't know if these people are blood related or not I'm sure ultimately its not important, but the point is shes killing her "family".

on that note i don't think Durai or angel would of been blood related otherwise i don't think she would of been able to do it, we all heard how emotional she got when her brother was shot, and we know it was actually her brother from all that's been said so that must of been a blood link maybe some kind of "we're family but not of the same blood" logic is in there somewhere.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:28 AM

Tardust just lacks one very important quality: he is not an interesting character.

Dyhoerium
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Once Scratch dies the Mallers are gone, I would not enjoy seeing Tardust or anyone else in charge. <br />
<br />
Although, I do agree with those that have mentioned an uneasiness with trusting Bixby and/or...

Dyhoerium
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:47 AM
For everyone that has been saying CJ may be wearing a bullet proof vest, go back and listen to where Saul puts his on. He seems miffed that he just now thought to put them on, like he wanted to give CJ one. I'm guessing she's not wearing one.

clem131
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Ok, so the door is bombed- not alarmed... not as if CJ would know the difference, anyway.

All right, that is why I was confused. To me an "alarm" is the thing that makes noise, not the wire itself. But that's me, english isn't my mothertongue.

Well, if CJ is dead, then Burt is fucked, because the only thing Saul is going to do is shoot Scratch, then kick Burt's door open, then BOOOOOM!!! C-YA Saul and Burt in one, non-heroic fireball...

I would not worry about Saul reaching the door: Scratch survived, just to name the last two things:
- the standoff with Durai: knife vs gun
- after the mexican standoff with CJ, she survived a fight knife vs katana
Saul is aching on the ground after the concussion, the only way I see him besting Scratch is if she gets a stroke in the next 20 seconds.

BTW, I rushed on the forum to understand the alarm thing, and I just skipped the good part: great episode, great editing, especially in the transitions at the beginning, and in the end I was shaking with rage. Well done.

IamPaul
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Great episode. I hope the next part starts with CJ getting one last stab in on Scratch, maybe in the leg or arm or her knife wielding hand. Thank God Saul had a bullet proof vest on. Also, we know Gatekeeper has a sat phone, but I think Glenn still has the Irwin phone. Why would Saul, Victor or CJ have it when they have no idea how to fix it? Wasn't the plan to go to the Colony, rescue and retrieve the spare sat phone for parts. My theory is who ever survives the Colony (taking Scratch as a prisoner?), gets back to Dunbar and Glenn repairs the phone, end of Chapter 35 is them calling Irwin. Hopefully Saul or Victor remembers how to get back to Dunbar. Season finale maybe a Zombie war at Irwin.

Jannit
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:24 AM

I'm standing by what I said a while back in that we will have to get back to Glen at CJ's tower before the sat phone gets fixed. It sounds like Gatekeeper has the colony satphone since he knew that Victor and Saul needed it. Maybe he uses this as his ticket to go along with them to the tower (CJ's tower). My bet is he dies either while escaping the colony or on the way back to the tower.

Merlin1274
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I relistened. Maybe the Scream from CJ was one last ditch effort with her hidden blade and the knife entering flash sound was that blade going into Scratches Rib Cage.. I hope anyway.. More I think about it. This is a Zombie Survival Story. Not a Scratch Survival Story. There is a lot more story here beside Scatches Blood lust for Pegs..

hardrocknguy
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:53 AM
...and Glenn repairs the phone, end of Chapter 35 is them calling Irwin....

I started thinking that Glenn was the one who called Michael at the end of Chapter 34-3.

Just finished listening to the new episode. It sucks that it seems that CJ has been stabbed at the end of Chapter 35-1. Hopefully she won't die. I actually like the tension/attraction she brings to Saul.

wh33t
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
This may have been posted already.

I'm curious if anyone else out there has any ideas why Scratch left her posse and went to the Hospital?

Could it be because she is so afraid of someone busting out Burt? I would imagine Scratch is pretty impressed by Burts ability to withstand torture. And I'm betting she knew if Burt was free he'd fuck her right up if he ever got the chance. I'll be honest I'm hoping to hear Burt literally beat Scratch to death.

On another note: I knew Scratch was going to be there at the Hospital and I knew CJ was going to ignore Saul's request to wait for him. That move seemed a bit out of character for CJ from my opinion, usually she underestimates herself and has back up plans and overestimates her opponents but I could just tell that this episode needed some kind of plot point. I guess out of all of the Characters that could be dying from this episode I'm glad it's CJ versus Saul, Burt, Lizzie or Victor.

Todd Wainio
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Just relistened the episode and it seems to me that CJ's scream at the end suggests that her wound may not be life threatening but very badly (maybe Scratch stabbed her through the hand). It could happened like this: After Saul groaned at appox. 17:22 CJ turned around, surprised that he is still alive, and Scratch used the oppertunity to kick her Katana out of her hands and wound her. Just an idea that this may not be the end of CJ.

Bullethead
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I have a feeling that she will do the honorable thing and help Saul and Victor come up with a plan to get Lizzy back. In this plan I predict a snag coming up and CJ might be the one who bites the bullet here. I feel she may end up dying. But not for nothing. I think it will be a heroes death and it will inevitably get Saul to Lizzy.
Knowing how thick headed Saul is it will probably be this moment when he realizes CJ was into him. He'll feel horrible and what not and mourn her loss. And my second prediction is that Saul and Lizzy's baby will be named after CJ.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3410-CJ-Past-Present-amp-Future&p=43055#post43055

Ok so she bit a blade not the bullet but I wasn't far off...

By the way, anyone else hear KC add the sound bite of Serena Williams in the end there? :D

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
The idea of Scratch calling Michael on the SAT phone just seems like it would be an amazing scene. I don't like this idea entirely though because I think the Maller story line should end so we can focus 100% on the Man in the Pinstripe Suit.

And...

This is a Zombie Survival Story. Not a Scratch Survival Story. There is a lot more story here beside Scratch's Blood lust for Pegs..

Amen to both!!! I'm getting pretty tired of the Mallers hanging around and fucking up the works. This started as a zombie story; it should END as a zombie story. I'm all for Season 4: The Hunt for Ink!!

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Boy are you guys going to be surprised when you finally start to realize how long Scratch actually survives for...

Merlin1274
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Boy are you guys going to be surprised when you finally start to realize how long Scratch actually survives for...

You probably are right. But I do dislike me some Scratch. Specialy after her destruction of Shirley. But if she does survive a longtime. There will be a time when she will have to set aside her vengence and have to work with Michael and the others to survive the Zombies. But I do hope this is the "End" of the Mallers..

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
You probably are right. But I do dislike me some Scratch. Specialy after her destruction of Shirley. But if she does survive a longtime. There will be a time when she will have to set aside her vengence and have to work with Michael and the others to survive the Zombies. But I do hope this is the "End" of the Mallers..

You're supposed to dislike Scratch. :) As for the end of the Mallers? It feels like that whole thing ended with the death of Durai.

mem
Oct 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Scratch is already dead. We're just getting the flashback part of the story.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Scratch is already dead. We're just getting the flashback part of the story.

But she's the one reading the journal entries, or weren't you paying attention when that vital bit of information was slipped to us?

Jannit
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:01 AM
But she's the one reading the journal entries, or weren't you paying attention when that vital bit of information was slipped to us?

I know I wasn't paying attention (or not on the boards at the time). Where did you find that?

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I know I wasn't paying attention (or not on the boards at the time). Where did you find that?

:hsugh:

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM

In Osi's wet dream.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
In Osi's wet dream.

:squint: If only.

7oddisdead
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
In Osi's wet dream.

say what you will about osi's motives...but the theory makes sense. I believe most of the "non-journal" related storytelling involves her in some way or another...its just as good an idea as half the other crackpot shit on here

UndeadSweeper
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Wait, I know you were having fun with this but I just had a light-bulb with this comment. CJ must be still alive, right? She would be the only to have so must detail of what happen at the hospital? Who else would have know why they when down instead of wait or checking the rooms. That stuff wouldn't have been written down by Burt or Saul, right? Most of the detail about this story is provide by first people, correct me if wrong, account. Either through journal, recording or audio. So CJ would need to be around to provide the missing information. And we know Saul is still alive since he start this journal entry.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wait, I know you were having fun with this but I just had a light-bulb with this comment. CJ must be still alive, right? She would be the only to have so must detail of what happen at the hospital? Who else would have know why they when down instead of wait or checking the rooms. That stuff wouldn't have been written down by Burt or Saul, right? Most of the detail about this story is provide by first people, correct me if wrong, account. Either through journal, recording or audio. So CJ would need to be around to provide the missing information. And we know Saul is still alive since he start this journal entry.

Would it not also make sense that others may have been present and able to recount certain events that transpired during that period? There was no fun-having in my post. I'm a firm believer that Scratch is the last "man" standing and is the one reading the journals.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
say what you will about osi's motives...but the theory makes sense. I believe most of the "non-journal" related storytelling involves her in some way or another...its just as good an idea as half the other crackpot shit on here

:rofl: that av is making me lose my shit, broseph.

:squint: There really should be a :rofl: nik. http://smiliesftw.com/tag/rofl

UndeadSweeper
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM

The only time I think we know about her outside of the journal is the videotape. Every other time it through a main character. We find about the revolution through Vic, and the check up through Blondie, and so on...

UndeadSweeper
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Be the way, when Saul was check with Vic on Bigzly, what was Liz trying to tell Vic?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
For everyone that has been saying CJ may be wearing a bullet proof vest, go back and listen to where Saul puts his on. He seems miffed that he just now thought to put them on, like he wanted to give CJ one. I'm guessing she's not wearing one.

I think Saul just realize that they extra vest for the others. I believe he and CJ puts theirs on in an earlier episode. I looked for it but counldn't find it mentioned though.

Not sure ifg it has been mentioned but CJ sounds very upset when Scratch shoots into the doorway. I doubt she knows it's Saul when this happens because she sounds surprised to hear his voice later. However I could be wrong if: She did know that Saul came through the door and was shot but thought that he was dead; being sirprised later to find they he survived. Or know that it was someone on her team but not necessarily Saul.

Could she even see the door? Anyone catch the layout of this scene?

Dyhoerium
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Be the way, when Saul was check with Vic on Bigzly, what was Liz trying to tell Vic?

I was wondering what the background voices were saying too. I can't make it out, but I actually think it's background voices on Saul's end, not Victor's. My best guess is that it's one of the extra people with Bixby.

LiamKerrington
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
So ... If I get this right ... Scratch has THE opportunity no 1 to kill CJ, and some/ most/ all (whichever?) of you think Scratch only wounded CJ, and CJ would get anpther shot at least to wound Scratch?
Really - that makes no sense. Listen carefully to 17:38 - 17:40 ... That's right after the scream at 17:35 ... Between "You lose." and "I win." Sounds like a stab or cut - most likely a fatal one ... Goodbye CJ, although I am very sorry about it.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
It makes sense if you consider how amazing Scratch is. She's probably killed everyone by the time the nuke goes off in Whatever State, U.S.A. I wasn't really paying attention to that part because it wasn't relevant to the story.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
So ... If I get this right ... Scratch has THE opportunity no 1 to kill CJ, and some/ most/ all (whichever?) of you think Scratch only wounded CJ, and CJ would get anpther shot at least to wound Scratch?
Really - that makes no sense. Listen carefully to 17:38 - 17:40 ... That's right after the scream at 17:35 ... Between "You loose." and "I win." Sounds like a stab or cut - most likely a fatal one ... Goodbye CJ, although I am very sorry about it.

I wish I knew. It either the sound of something tearing or blood, but wasn't the same blood sound as Saul getting hit.

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Could she even see the door? Anyone catch the layout of this scene?

I imagined the layout of the hallway as being a dog-leg, with these relative positions:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOOR
(where Saul enters)

SCRATCH
(ducked in doorway
on east side)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
BURT

- (room on east

- side of hallway)

-
-

-
-

-
-

CJ
-

(ducked in doorway on west
-

side of hallway)
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

rockemsockem
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM
This is getting ridiculous
Scratch Must Die.

LiamKerrington
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I hate Scratch so much ... Really, you have no idea. But she is the perfect depiction of "The Evil" per se that I want her to stay with us as long as possible. The show would loose a certain quality ... Besides Burt and Datu she really has the best and coolest quotes and besides anyone else she has the coolest scenes.

And I hope that, IF she gets downed, it will be an amazing scene ...

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I hate Scratch so much ... Really, you have no idea. But she is the perfect depiction of "The Evil" per se that I want her to stay with us as long as possible. The show would loose a certain quality ... Besides Burt and Datu she really has the best and coolest quotes and besides anyone else she has the coolest scenes.

And I hope that, IF she gets downed, it will be an amazing scene ...

Except that she isn't evil. She's the victim of circumstance. Poor woman just can't catch a break. :(

LiamKerrington
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Except that she isn't evil. She's the victim of circumstance. Poor woman just can't catch a break. :(

Yes, she is a victim of circumstances. But that is no excuse for many things she did so far ...

Condor
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Not sure. This is how I see this last picture between Scratch and CJ. Spoiler: No, Scratch won't go after Saul leaving an unarmed, still leathel woman behind, because CJ could take the blade anytime again, and Scratch wouldn't leave such an opportunity.

Scratch and CJ trade blows. Saul says something, which makes CJ stop moving, even turn half way around to him calling his name. Scratch rushes on CJ, grabs her hair and pulls her head with her free hand, while pushing the blade away. CJ screams and drops the blade. Scratch uses her momentum and makes CJ loose her balance, drop halfway to the floor. Resting on her knees, caught in a deathgrip from Scratch she feels Scratch's knife at her throat. "You loose...", says Scratch and cuts CJs throat, "I win." Now Scratch has the opportunity to deal with the half-downed Saul ...

Well, hell broke loose. Granted: There is a lot of potential for weird and not so weird plot-twists ... Next week will tell us - unless #35-2 is about Whiskers hunting zombie-rats ...
I don't see Scratch going after Saul, at least not at full speed. Saul will probably come in, see Scratch standing over CJ, and fire a few rounds her way. I do think Scratch will be shot by Saul, but only in the arm, leg, shoulder, etc. A serious wound but not fatal and Scratch will be forced to make a strategic retreat.
I see Scratch surviving til the very end. We hear her running toward Pegs screaming "You killed my brother". Pegs simply turns, says "shut up bitch" and fires one round from Shirley 2.0, end credits.

As for 35-2, I wouldn't be surprised if we jump back to Boulder to hear Pegs, Kelly, & Lady evacuating the city.
At that point, my wild theory for 35-3 & the season finale would be Pegs & Kelly finding the Chinook wreckage. They search the chopper and find a second satphone that was the Captain's and they make the call that Michael answered. In the meantime, Glen gets the other satphone working and also calls Michael. The finale being Irwin evacuated to Dunbar with Michael going AWOL to find Pegs.

meh,.....not enough meat in it. heh.Haha, I was so expecting someone to make that comment too.

Really - that makes no sense. Listen carefully to 17:38 - 17:40 ... That's right after the scream at 17:35 ... Between "You loose." and "I win." Sounds like a stab or cut - most likely a fatal one ... Goodbye CJ, although I am very sorry about it.That's the way I picture it too, but I'm still holding out hope until Saul is holding CJ's lifeless body.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Yes, she is a victim of circumstances. But that is no excuse for many things she did so far ...

Isn't it? :hsugh: Seriously... yes, it is. She is completely justified in all of her actions to present.

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I agree 100% with this. I've been hoping that we never actually DO find out what happened to Pegs and Kelly. I'd imagine that in a situation with a zombie apocalypse it'd be the norm to have people you love that you never hear from again. They just disappear with their fates a complete unknown. To find out what happened to them seems too convenient to me.

Plus, if we never hear from them again, maybe KC can do a spinoff of them in a different series later.

Fairly certain we'll hear from pegs again. The actress who plays her had a commercial at the end of this episode, so KC's pulling her back into the studio and I doubt it's JUST for a commercial...

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM

I think Glenn has THE satphone. Gatekeeper has the satphone that they need the parts from.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Fairly certain we'll hear from pegs again. The actress who plays her had a commercial at the end of this episode, so KC's pulling her back into the studio and I doubt it's JUST for a commercial...

Yeah... she couldn't have been there in order to make money... that shit would be 'cray as fuck.'

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Hey it's "Pieeegs", not "Pegs"... get it right! :D

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah... she couldn't have been there in order to make money... that shit would be 'cray as fuck.'

Sure, it's a possibility, but what's the point? Why not get someone else to do it?

Full disclosure here, I fucking hate pegs. I'd like her to not return. I just don't think I'll be that lucky. (:

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I'm probably gonna take some flack for this one, but I disagree with everyone on here. CJ is not dead. Wounded yes, but dead? no. Saul gets shot, CJ's pissed. Then when she hears him stir, she loses focus and Scratch takes the opportunity to attack. Scratch says "I got you", CJ gets stabbed (she no doubt has a vest on though). CJ screams. Scratch loses focus as Saul gets up and CJ says "you lose, I win."

I've listened to the line about 40 times now, and I can't hear scratch's voice. It's definitely CJ. Scratch is fucked.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Sure, it's a possibility, but what's the point? Why not get someone else to do it?

Full disclosure here, I fucking hate pegs. I'd like her to not return. I just don't think I'll be that lucky. (:

No, I mean... maybe Elisa was there making money for herself... why would she get someone else to do it for her?

Also, not a Pegs fan, but I'm a big fan of Elisa. She's like a funbomb of awesome.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'm probably gonna take some flack for this one, but I disagree with everyone on here. CJ is not dead. Wounded yes, but dead? no. Saul gets shot, CJ's pissed. Then when she hears him stir, she loses focus and Scratch takes the opportunity to attack. Scratch says "I got you", CJ gets stabbed (she no doubt has a vest on though). CJ screams. Scratch loses focus as Saul gets up and CJ says "you lose, I win."

I've listened to the line about 40 times now, and I can't hear scratch's voice. It's definitely CJ. Scratch is fucked.

Nope. You're 100% wrong. You can clearly hear Saul mumble "damnit" which serves to distract CJ. Scratch makes her move. You hear CJ drop something as she's taken down by Scratch who says "But I've got you" and the sound of a knife slipping into flesh. As CJ screams we hear Burt. Scratch follows that with "You lose. I win."

It is absolutely Jenna's voice heard last.

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Nope. You're 100% wrong. You can clearly hear Saul mumble "damnit" which serves to distract CJ. Scratch makes her move. You hear CJ drop something as she's taken down by Scratch who says "But I've got you" and the sound of a knife slipping into flesh. As CJ screams we hear Burt. Scratch follows that with "You lose. I win."

I agree with everything up until "you lose. I win" - I still don't hear Scratch... It makes sense because CJ said "Hear that? We win", but I just can't hear Scratch. I think CJ either had another weapon on her, or she was able to reach Scratch's second blade. Plus, if CJ's dead, Scratch is next. Saul is still alive, has a gun, and Scratch is within his line of fire. Either way, Scratch is fucked. I just really dont' think Cj's dead.

7oddisdead
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ya know, all the heat osi is getting for his scratch theories and I'm getting for my satphone theories tells me one thing....

None of you watched the x-files....

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I agree with everything up until "you lose. I win" - I still don't hear Scratch... It makes sense because CJ said "Hear that? We win", but I just can't hear Scratch. I think CJ either had another weapon on her, or she was able to reach Scratch's second blade. Plus, if CJ's dead, Scratch is next. Saul is still alive, has a gun, and Scratch is within his line of fire. Either way, Scratch is fucked. I just really dont' think Cj's dead.

Then you need to go back and listen to the quality of Scratch's voice in that last scene. Listen to the saliva and the tone. None of that is present in CJ's performance. Saul has been downed, Burt is locked away, CJ is bleeding out on the carpet (or... you know... tiles). I really don't see how you're not getting this. Honestly, if you don't recognize Jenna's voice above any other on the show... you're not listening.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Ya know, all the heat osi is getting for his scratch theories and I'm getting for my satphone theories tells me one thing....

None of you watched the x-files....

Dyhoerium
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM

As much as it pains me to support a Scratch supporter, I agree with everything in this post. Bonus points for being one of the first people to spell 'lose' correctly when typing Scratch's final line. :)

clem131
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
You're supposed to dislike Scratch. :) As for the end of the Mallers? It feels like that whole thing ended with the death of Durai.

No, I think if you look reeeeeally close you might find one or two still at the colony.

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Then you need to go back and listen to the quality of Scratch's voice in that last scene. Listen to the saliva and the tone. None of that is present in CJ's performance. Saul has been downed, Burt is locked away, CJ is bleeding out on the carpet (or... you know... tiles). I really don't see how you're not getting this. Honestly, if you don't recognize Jenna's voice above any other on the show... you're not listening.

Damn. You're a little abrasive aren't you? Yes, I'm listening, and I am an active listener. The part that really doesn't sell it for me is the "you lose" there's too much finesse. Throughout the series, including this scene, Jenna has her usual scratch-y growl. I don't hear it here. I don't think it's her.

Hopefully, we'll find out next monday.

Litmaster
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

*shuffles out side door...*

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Damn. You're a little abrasive aren't you? Yes, I'm listening, and I am an active listener. The part that really doesn't sell it for me is the "you lose" there's too much finesse. Throughout the series, including this scene, Jenna has her usual scratch-y growl. I don't hear it here. I don't think it's her.

Hopefully, we'll find out next monday.

A little abrasive? Must be this cold. I'm usually really abrasive. I will say with utmost certainty that it is in fact Jenna's voice. It has all the tell-tale Jenna markers up to and including the subtle sound of saliva in the back of the throat and around the molars on the words: you, I, and win--this sound is also present in the dialogue "I got you" which is undoubtedly Jenna's voice. Those vocalizations were not present in any of Constance's dialogue.

ferroaj
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:07 PM
A little abrasive? Must be this cold. I'm usually really abrasive. I will say with utmost certainty that it is in fact Jenna's voice. It has all the tell-tale Jenna markers up to and including the subtle sound of saliva in the back of the throat and around the molars on the words: you, I, and win--this sound is also present in the dialogue "I got you" which is undoubtedly Jenna's voice. Those vocalizations were not present in any of Constance's dialogue.

I'll give this a whirl in some different speakers and report back with my findings. I know what you mean by the "saliva" sound. I just can't hear it.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'll give this a whirl in some different speakers and report back with my findings. I know what you mean by the "saliva" sound. I just can't hear it.

You need good headphones to hear the subtlety of WA.

yarri
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Jenna has a lovely flexible voice.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Duh. Of course she does, she's awesome.

nikvoodoo
Oct 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
As we're getting somewhat testy on this subject, a gentle reminder big brother is watching. Even when there is no power on the east coast. Disagree all you want, but keep it civil. Carry on.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I see...

yarri
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Duh. Of course she does, she's awesome.

On this we agree.

werewolf
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
maybe the word is armed not alarm. i would have to listen again to make sure heard it correctly. I still don't want cj to buy the zombie farm. If scratch gets knocked off. Then, besides the zombies who would be the antagonist in the story. Kimmit is too lame. Tardust doesn't strike me as a leader. yes i forgot that Tardust was the bomb maker in the mallers, with my earlier comment that scratch didn't have the door rig. I think Kc is going to keep scratch around until the very end of the series.
if Saul was wearing a vest. then he might be playing possum until he can have a clear shot at scratch.
I am routing for CJ to survive her run in with scratch.

Keanezy
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
In regards to CJ's motivation for not tripping the alarm on Burt's door, chapter twenty-six shows that she has at least some knowledge of alarm systems (the tripwire on the gate to the garden) and explosives (there are mines planted to protect her garden from intruders, although this is never fully confirmed). Put these two skill sets together, and one can infer that she would recognize a booby trap when she sees one.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
It's just too bad she'll never get to share that knowledge... since she's dead... bleeding out on the carpet.

7oddisdead
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
It's just too bad she'll never get to share that knowledge... since she's dead... bleeding out on the carpet.

or tile....agent, we have no confirmation of carpet.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
or tile....agent, we have no confirmation of carpet. Assumptions make asses of us all

Probably just as well, the carpet in there is disgusting.

Drannix99
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Here's a wild one: What if CJ and Scratch had a sort of Samurai Showdown, just as the episode ended?

Having been thrown to the ground by her hair, CJ scrambles to recollect her sword as Scratch closes in on her felled target with hunting knife in hand. Burt presses his face up against the glass pane of his prison door and lets out a defeated "No!", as he watches Scratch place a foot on the back of the injured and crawling CJ, who was mere millimeters from placing a grasping hand on her Katana. "I've got you now", says scratch through gritted teeth as she raises her blade. "You Lose", says Scratch as she removes her foot from CJ's back and attempts to drive the tip of her blade in to the back of CJ's head. But, in that very moment CJ dives for the handle of her sword and in one fluent motion takes a wild swing at Scratch, only to realized that Scratch's knife has pierced both her bulletproof vest and her rib cage. Scratch looks at CJ with a smile..."I win". [Fade to black]

[next episode - fade in] Scratch looks at CJ with a smile..."I win". CJ drops her sword, screaming in pain, and attempts to grab the handle of Scratch's knife which is now pertruding from the lower part of her Chest. CJ begins to scream a curse at Scratch but stop before she can even form the words. She stares into the face of Scratch. Scratches eyes have rolled into the back of her head. Slowly... a thin red line of blood begins to appear around the circumference of Scratch's neck. Cj glances at her Katana only to realize that there is blood on it. She turns her attention back to Scratch, and watches, as the villaness' head begins to slowly slide away from it's body until it hits the ground with a cold and sickening thud.

I know this would never happen...but this would be script writing 101. Lazy writers tend to write deaths for villans like this once the villan has become so powerful that not even the writers themselves really know how to defeat him. The writing on this show is too good for that to happen...but its funny to think about none the less.

Osiris
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:47 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/The_Villagers.gif

Condor
Oct 30th, 2012, 11:56 PM
if Saul was wearing a vest. then he might be playing possum until he can have a clear shot at scratch.
I am routing for CJ to survive her run in with scratch.
From what I understand, getting shot while wearing a vest still hurts like hell. Definitely enough to knock the wind out of you, so he wouldn't be playing possum, he'd be genuinely dazed for a moment.

LiamKerrington
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:03 AM

And she proved it several times.

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:08 AM
From what I understand, getting shot while wearing a vest still hurts like hell. Definitely enough to knock the wind out of you, so he wouldn't be playing possum, he'd be genuinely dazed for a moment.

Unless she shot him directly in the ballsack.

LiamKerrington
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:10 AM
As much as it pains me to support a Scratch supporter, I agree with everything in this post. Bonus points for being one of the first people to spell 'lose' correctly when typing Scratch's final line. :)

Thank you for the hint. I am sorry for butchering the English language - again. I corrected my misspellings. To lose ist not the same as to loose as well as not Toulouse ...

7oddisdead
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM
Unless she shot him directly in the ballsack.

can you confirm the location of said "ballsack"? is it with him? or possibly left behind at dunbar tower? we only need facts here...unless we know location, its only speculation.

also

LiamKerrington
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:19 AM

I here where you are coming from. And actually you raised some doubts in me, 'cause the last female voice we hear could be actually both, if not Lizzy has joined the party. But the latter would be too confusing, right?
And yet, the doubts are weak, and...

I agree with Osiris here, because:
a) I don't think CJ could switch her tone and demeanor as hard and as versatile as Scratch can and has already proven to do it,
b) if you pay attention to the 'tone' of the female voices, CJ has something 'light' on her voice, which is not there on the final lines in #34-3 (just compare: 17:11 or 17:25 with 17:38), and
c) the details in the sound-fx.

All the best!
Liam

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:23 AM
can you confirm the location of said "ballsack"? is it with him? or possibly left behind at dunbar tower? we only need facts here...unless we know location, its only speculation.

also

I can only assume the location would be obvious to you or anyone else who has ever looked up into the night sky and wondered if they were really all alone. There is no reason for us to assume that the ballsack would be located anywhere else, especially not with the knowledge that no known agency is behind any of this. We're flying blind here right now and we're doing out best, but you're stonewalling our attempts to get to the truth at every turn. People videotape police beatings on darkened streets. They manage to spot Elvis in three cities across America every day, but no one saw a pretty woman forced to shoot a man in the ballsack in a darkened hallway in the middle of nowhere during a riot. Isn't that just a little too convenient?

fridginators
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:27 AM
Me from the WND thread:
We've never really known all so much about CJ as a character. I mean obviously we know bits and pieces here and there, and we understand the way in which she plans/fights (amazingly/badly, as seen in this episode). I think that the latter could really indicate that she is in fact going to die - remember that this isn't just Nik's theory, it's actually KC's. CJ was intentionally written as an amazingly smart woman who is rash when it comes to acting. That trait leading to her death would make complete sense in terms of character and plot development.

That said, I don't want her to die, and I'm not sure if she will. But I am reminded by KC's words "maybe her and Michael will never meet". Fuck man. I don't want her gone. But honestly, there's not too much that we still need from her per se - we have all her information from narrating alongside Kalani in Chapter 27, we have Dunbar towers where a bunch of shit is still stored, and we have all her equipment. I really saw it being built up from Saul's warning...

Man fuck that. I don't even know what to think, but it'd be against my better judgement to pretend that she's not going to die. I think she's toast. But I'm wondering what happens to Scratch. Maybe she reveals that she killed Angel, which helps Saul avenge his death. But then what about Riley's tensions with Angel and Lizzy? That leaves Riley all up in there air.

=(

Edit: I am overreacting. She honestly might just have been wounded, and we should remember that CJ is also an insanely crafty woman. Her vs Scratch is probably the best matchup I can really think of, both two very determined women. It could honestly go either way, we'll just honestly have to see. I am hoping that she will continue to fight, even if injured, but it depends on the severity of the wound.Still mixed. It would make sense for CJ to die... but honestly I KC has never killed anybody as a cliff-hanger. Remember Burt & Angel at the hospital? Or Michael from the Water Works? I'm not sure if KC would have her killed in such a manner. Then again there's always a first time for everything.

The overall theme of season 3 has been "actions have consequences", along with perhaps "you can't run from your past". CJ has been playing it close to the edge for a long time now. Just observations.

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM
Me from the WND thread: Still mixed. It would make sense for CJ to die... but honestly I KC has never killed anybody as a cliff-hanger. Remember Burt & Angel at the hospital? Or Michael from the Water Works? I'm not sure if KC would have her killed in such a manner. Then again there's always a first time for everything.

The overall theme of season 3 has been "actions have consequences", along with perhaps "you can't run from your past". CJ has been playing it close to the edge for a long time now. Just observations.

*cough*Kalani*cough*

7oddisdead
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM
I can only assume the location would be obvious to you or anyone else who has ever looked up into the night sky and wondered if they were really all alone. There is no reason for us to assume that the ballsack would be located anywhere else, especially not with the knowledge that no known agency is behind any of this. We're flying blind here right now and we're doing out best, but you're stonewalling our attempts to get to the truth at every turn. People videotape police beatings on darkened streets. They manage to spot Elvis in three cities across America every day, but no one saw a pretty woman forced to shoot a man in the ballsack in a darkened hallway in the middle of nowhere during a riot. Isn't that just a little too convenient?

dammit agent, just get back to the office and file your report. and if i have to hear about your abducted sister one more time.....

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:35 AM
dammit agent, just get back to the office and file your report. and if i have to hear about your abducted sister one more time.....

But it's relevant to the case! Lizzy was taken in much the same manner that Samantha was! By forces beyond our control. But I believe we can help her! It's that belief that has fuelled me, given me the strength of conviction to persevere against not only the deck that has been stacked against me but also against those seeking to bury the truth. Truth that could bring down the curtain that these men hide behind, pulling the strings of those in seats of inscrutable power. The truths that I'm willing to risk not only my career, my relationships, my reputation but also my very life for.

7oddisdead
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:42 AM
But it's relevant to the case! Lizzy was taken in much the same manner that Samantha was! By forces beyond our control. But I believe we can help her! It's that belief that has fuelled me, given me the strength of conviction to persevere against not only the deck that has been stacked against me but also against those seeking to bury the truth. Truth that could bring down the curtain that these men hide behind, pulling the strings of those in seats of inscrutable power. The truths that I'm willing to risk not only my career, my relationships, my reputation but also my very life for.

*sigh* what kind of support do you need? agent, your constant pursuit of every possible tangent or method, while excellent field work...makes it difficult for me to explain your actions to the higher ups. just give me a legit reason to let you pursue these actions and ill handle the rest...but dammit, if you embarrass me on this one....

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:43 AM

7oddisdead
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:46 AM

thats all you have? "being a wanker" face?...well...take agent scully with you

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:48 AM
thats all you have? "being a wanker" face?...well...take agent scully with you

http://smiliesftw.com/x/greenfaceugh500.png

clem131
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:54 AM

Naah, she's not, she's just evil. And immortal. By this point I believe she can even survive a nuke, if there's a fridge nearby.

7oddisdead
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:54 AM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/greenfaceugh500.png

hey! i gave you your leash agent...run to the end of it, let me know what you find. also, consider looking into placement of hospital in relation to the location of victor/lizzy and/or gatekeeper at claytons old house..if we can triangulate a location between the three it might help bring the entire scenario into the bigger picture before the next episode.

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:04 AM
hey! i gave you your leash agent...run to the end of it, let me know what you find. also, consider looking into placement of hospital in relation to the location of victor/lizzy and/or gatekeeper at claytons old house..if we can triangulate a location between the three it might help bring the entire scenario into the bigger picture before the next episode.

http://i.imgur.com/rkQS3.jpg

clem131
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Probably just as well, the carpet in there is disgusting.

(mandatory joke) But I thought it really tied the room together.

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:05 AM
(mandatory joke) But I thought it really tied the room together.

That was a rug. But seriously, don't touch the carpet with your hands... it's disgusting.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:06 AM
I was wondering what the background voices were saying too. I can't make it out, but I actually think it's background voices on Saul's end, not Victor's. My best guess is that it's one of the extra people with Bixby.

I think this is when Lizzie tells Victor that Burt is alive and in the Colony. You can sort of hear Victor say something to effect of, 'Are you sure?'

clem131
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:11 AM
That was a rug.

Ok, in this case the joke is not funny anymore. I quietly retire to a corner squiggling with a stick in the dust.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:30 AM

Shit of the bulls! The only circumstance of which Scratch is a victim is that of having a disconnect between her amygdala and her orbitofrontal cortex.

Hopefully, someone will disconnect a few more parts of her brain.:mad:

Witch_Doctor
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:49 AM
At the garage, after CJ bleeds out the Zombie, me thinkeths she foreshadowethes. Hark, ho, ye she sayeths, "I'll have to remember that move." Scratch's balls have just been cut off.

Anyone notices how Scratch NEVER sounds scared? She didn't seem bothered at all that a host of angry Colonist could be heading her way through that door. Even when zombies were attacking her convoy os the Mall and everyone was in freakout mode, she seemed invincible.

Also, I think the door is rigged to explode because when CJ stops heself from openning Burt's door and mentions the 'alarm', Scratch replies,
"Oh, so you figured that out, huh?" As if CJ figured out that it was more than just an alarm.

Also, I still think that CJ's blade has Zombie-cooties on it.

Privateer
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:39 AM
Wow. 25 pages. I've got my work cut out for me! But, initial impressions: Holy awesome resistance! I'm full of one question: Where did CJ learn all the superplanning yet consistently not have basic military training?

And one statement: Wow, I didn't expect Kc to kill off Saul. Really.

fridginators
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:48 AM
*cough*Kalani*cough*KC didn't kill Kalani in a cliffhanger... he killed him in the latter half of Chapter 24. His death, along with those of Samantha, Tommy, Bill and all those tower people occurred in an actual scene in the chapter.

Tar Heel Fan
Oct 31st, 2012, 05:41 AM
Weighing in on the is she our isn't she dead front, CJ is either dead or about to die.

For a little while, she's been set up to be an Eponine-like tragic figure: her own self-imposed spoke in a love triangle.
She's alone in this revolutionary world and has never gotten to taste any joy, rather she lives in her own little castle on a cloud. (or in this case, fortress in Los Angeles)

She fell in love with Saul, helped him to strengthen his bond with Lizzy, went to battle with him to be close to him, and now she's going to die in his arms. We'll get confirmation of this characterization when she sings with her last dying breath, "Without me, the world will keep on turning, and Zombies running everywhere to be killed but I'm not there." All in our next episode of Les Zombierables.

Th3_T3ch
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:18 AM
KC didn't kill Kalani in a cliffhanger... he killed him in the latter half of Chapter 24. His death, along with those of Samantha, Tommy, Bill and all those tower people occurred in an actual scene in the chapter.
Thank you for correcting Osiris about kalani. He killed himself with a helicopter and a tanker during the fall of the tower. Not a cliffhanger at all.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:27 AM
Thank you for correcting Osiris about kalani. He killed himself with a helicopter and a tanker during the fall of the tower. Not a cliffhanger at all.

Cliffhanger no, Nosedriver yes. I'm here all week.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:34 AM
At the garage, after CJ bleeds out the Zombie, me thinkeths she foreshadowethes. Hark, ho, ye she sayeths, "I'll have to remember that move." Scratch's balls have just been cut off.

Anyone notices how Scratch NEVER sounds scared? She didn't seem bothered at all that a host of angry Colonist could be heading her way through that door. Even when zombies were attacking her convoy os the Mall and everyone was in freakout mode, she seemed invincible.

Also, I think the door is rigged to explode because when CJ stops heself from openning Burt's door and mentions the 'alarm', Scratch replies,
"Oh, so you figured that out, huh?" As if CJ figured out that it was more than just an alarm.

Also, I still think that CJ's blade has Zombie-cooties on it.

I have heard an eye for eye, but never leg for a finger. Ouch!

She may freakout if she get injury, that only thing that hasn't happen to her.

Osiris
Oct 31st, 2012, 09:09 AM
KC didn't kill Kalani in a cliffhanger... he killed him in the latter half of Chapter 24. His death, along with those of Samantha, Tommy, Bill and all those tower people occurred in an actual scene in the chapter.

It was a total cliffhanger. Go back and relisten. Trust me... you're going to want to.