PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 34 It Only Takes One Part 3

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Time to discover if cock roaches really can survive a nuclear blast! Enjoy the final chapter part.

MHarri10
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:41 AM
When is the episode up UK time, have relistened to part 2 every day waiting!

#100 was the best episode yet in my opinion! Massive congratulations to KC and all the cast/crew

Need a live show in the UK!

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:13 AM
KC, please promise me that everyone won't be come back as deadeye snipers after the season break. You guys know what I'm referring to last night.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM
KC, please promise me that everyone won't be come back as deadeye snipers after the season break. You guys know what I'm referring to last night.

Most of us know, Kc wouldn't since he admittedly ( and admirably for sake of overlapping plot scenarios) doesn't watch Walking Dead.....but in that same breath, not EVERYone was a sniper...That one chick almost shot Rick from the outpost :cool:

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'm not normally awake this early. Around what time are the new episodes launched?

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I'm not normally awake this early. Around what time are the new episodes launched?

I believe it's noon Eastern time.....9am pacific time

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I believe it's noon Eastern time.....9am pacific time

Sweet, I'll go make some coffee and breaky then and listen to this sucker in style and comfort. I'm loving how Season 3 is coming to a close and already sooooo foolishly excited for the beginning of Season 4.

stat
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:31 AM
It's up!

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Yep, looks to be up on the main site, but not available yet via itunes, that should take another 20-25 min I think

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Yep, looks to be up on the main site, but not available yet via itunes, that should take another 20-25 min I think

Ah dammit, I'm wrong again.....I feel like I've been making voodoo lounge predictions the last 3 weeks :summonadmin:

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Downloaded in a sec ... Starting to listen ...

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Ah dammit, I'm wrong again.....I feel like I've been making voodoo lounge predictions the last 3 weeks :summonadmin:

Oh Snap!

Penguine
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good episode... and once again a nifty little cliff hanger.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Props to 2bgood on the Pelican call: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3703-We-re-Alive-100!!!!!-AKA-Chapter-34-2-It-Only-Takes-One&p=49046&viewfull=1#post49046

7oddisdead
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM
good episode...things are really starting to come together for the finale....im really enjoying these irwin episodes...somewhat less to theorize about(for me at least), and thats a good thing.

also...kimmet is cracking, methinks

Leedo2502
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Time to discover if cock roaches really can survive a nuclear blast! Enjoy the final chapter part.

Cockroaches can survive extreme radiation better than humans due to their slow cell division. Animals, such as humans, are more susceptible to radiation damage when their cells divide but Cockroaches cell division is pretty damn slow.

Well they may indeed survive a nuclear blast but since they are tropical insects they would only die in the cold without living in human houses. The thought on how cockroaches came to the new world is by boat, probably from Africa.

(Thread = Sidetracked)

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:06 AM

Happens to the best of us ;) lol

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
So ... The Poll (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3704-Will-they-join-us-again) remains active for now ...

Ok. WHAT exactly was it that King Datu the Ressourceful and Hope escaped from?
And why the eff would people from Boulder/ Denver choose the 40 to get to Boulder? Does this make sense? Or did I misunderstand something???

Liam

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Also, for the record you "can" burn diesel in a fuel injected vehicle (not a good idea though) but you certainly cannot do this the other way around.

Kc
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Most of us know, Kc wouldn't since he admittedly ( and admirably for sake of overlapping plot scenarios) doesn't watch Walking Dead.....but in that same breath, not EVERYone was a sniper...That one chick almost shot Rick from the outpost :cool:

I don't watch that show, so I was like, "huh?"

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Please don't. You have great idea that shouldn't mess with tv producer. Remember what they did with Lost?

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
good episode...things are really starting to come together for the finale....im really enjoying these irwin episodes...somewhat less to theorize about(for me at least), and thats a good thing.

also...kimmet is cracking, methinks

Definitely cracking. Hopefully Michael takes over soon.

itsallgoodie
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Any thoughts on who was on the radio? I figure it could be the mallers or Saul and Victor. Very very exciting!

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Any thoughts on who was on the radio? I figure it could be the mallers or Saul and Victor. Very very exciting!

I'm guessing it's good old Glenn, just getting it at all working. So does that mean Chapter 35 is going to open up and reveal what occurred at the Malony? And does that also mean that Saul/Victor/CJ managed to get the sat phone parts?

Pillars
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:26 AM
...Brilliant

Penguine
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:26 AM
well if Glenn got the other Sat phone working I would think that means things wen well at the Mallony. Hopefully Saul is on the other end, but who knows. I think 35 will jump back to the Mallony to tie things up there, then connect the Mallony with Irwin.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I'm guessing it's good old Glenn, just getting it at all working. So does that mean Chapter 35 is going to open up and reveal what occurred at the Malony? And does that also mean that Saul/Victor/CJ managed to get the sat phone parts?

That make sense! Only Glenn would get it working, so is it now Glenn the almost as resourceful as Datu the resourceful . They got in the van, b line to Liz and jet back to the other tower. Just think A-team style!

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:30 AM
well if Glenn got the other Sat phone working I would think that means things wen well at the Mallony. Hopefully Saul is on the other end, but who knows. I think 35 will jump back to the Mallony to tie things up there, then connect the Mallony with Irwin.

Yea, but knowing wreckless and evil KC Wayland, its probably Scratch on the other end of the sat phone with a gun pointed at Glenns head who is being forced to tell Michael things are great at the Colony and that he should bring Pegs back asap lol.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Yea, but knowing wreckless and evil KC Wayland, its probably Scratch on the other end of the sat phone with a gun pointed at Glenns head who is being forced to tell Michael things are great at the Colony and that he should bring Pegs back asap lol.

But what happen when he said Pegs went "boom!" ?

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
But what happen when he said Pegs went "boom!" ?

Well Scratch doesn't know that, and neither do we. I'm guessing Pegs and Kelly are somehow still alive although it would be cool if they weren't, more so just for the fact that Scratch's remaining life ambition would be unobtainable :D

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Either:
Glenn makes his test-call in order ot know that the device still properly works, and he recognizes Michael as the one of whom Glenn is not so fond anymore ...
OR
Saul/ Lizzy(/ Burt?) calls ...

Then things fall into place:
Either: The refugees from Boulder get their new home: The Colony.
Or: The Irwinknights have to sweep into The Colony, vaporize the Mallonites and then get the refugees into The Colony.

CJ's tower, I guess, won't play a role for now regarding bringing together the former The Tower-people; and it will be also not important regarding the refugees from Boulder; but it probably will be very important for Michael, Puck, Carl, Saul and Riley (and Burt?) to prepare for attacking the hospital or Inglewood, because it is fortificated, holds a decent stash of weapons and stuff and CJs keeps a treasury of information and intel in that place ...

Wild thoughts ... Just estimates ... But whoever knows? ;)

All the best!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
*ninjaed*
Scratch calling? Why would she call Irwin? But more important: How would she do so? Glenn would have to bring the device to her OR she would have to collect it from him. Either way: Scratch is super, excellent, the hottest super-evil-bitch in zeeh-pocalypse-world ... But she is just not as awesome ... Unless CJ crosses with Saul after having been let down by him ...

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
*ninjaed*
Scratch calling? Why would she call Irwin? But more important: How would she do so? Glenn would have to bring the device to her OR she would have to collect it from him. Either way: Scratch is super, excellent, the hottest super-evil-bitch in zeeh-pocalypse-world ... But she is just not as awesome ... Unless CJ crosses with Saul after having been let down by him ...

I was think that Scratch may have caught the team and she know that they know where Michael went and also that would be where Pegs is. Maybe Gatekeeper spill the bean about the SATphone., I don't if was told ought. Could also be a no choice by Saul either he tell her or CJ or Liz get a shot, probably CJ since Liz is more closer to Scratch ( can't believe I just said that )

OR......

She can be calling for help. Maybe she ask them to blow away the hospital and LA. Don't they have a nuke avail? ;-)

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:49 AM
"Tanks and shit"

Datu an Hope were closer to Ft Irwin than the convoy? I think someone called this.

Good call on Datu and the Pelican.

24 hours with turners in the convoy? Were they hiding in trunks or under vehicles? Slow turners? Something else?

Kimmet isn't experienced in this sort of combat operation?

Michael is on Kimmet's shit list. Sounds like Kimmet has a score to settle with Michael now.

Will Kimmet...

Threaten the now freed Tanya?
Deny help to our possible survivors in L.A?
Punish Michael?
Abandon Hope? <~~~ see what I did there?:cool:

This is such a great episode! The tagline "Still running" is deceptive. I didn't expect any resolution for Hope and Datu so soon. Really bummed out over the Boulderites but I'm soooooooo Glad to have an optimistic cliff hanger. Not clear about how much time has passed after Michael mentioned the date as December 18*th, and there is a pause after the Ft Irwin's check points are engaged but it seems the L.A. sat phone has been repaired within a day or two. I curious as to what Michael and or Kimmet will think if they can't pick up any voices over the phone.

Oh yeah, This is an awesome episode!!!

*Edited; I originally wrote 17th.

HardKor
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Wow...just wow.

I gotta start off with the best laugh line of the episode:
Riley: "They know what they're doing."
Datu: "I have no idea what I'm doing!"
Kc definitely know how to write a Gilligan cut.

And great placement of the sat phone call. I knew as soon as it started ringing it was going to be the one Saul/Victor/CJ had. And I think everyone is pretty spot on. We're probably going back to the Colony next chapter to hear the what happened between the end of the last Colony episode and the chapter will probably end with whoever is making the call to Irwin. Then we'll pick up from the start of the call from both ends for the season finale.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:51 AM
A very good episode.

Merlin1274
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:55 AM
"Yes this time we do." Man Imagine some Bradley APCs and M1 Abrahms mowing down the new improved little ones.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
"Tanks and shit"

Datu an Hope were closer to Ft Irwin than the convoy? I think someone called this.

Good call on Datu and the Pelican.

24 hours with turners in the convoy? Were they hiding in trunks or under vehicles? Slow turners? Something else?

Kimmet isn't experienced in this sort of combat operation?

Michael is on Kimmet's shit list. Sounds like Kimmet has a score to settle with Michael now.

Will Kimmet...

Threaten the now freed Tanya?
Deny help to our possible survivors in L.A?
Punish Michael?
Abandon out Hope? <~~~ see what I did there?:cool:

This is such a great episode! The tagline "Still running" is deceptive. I didn't expect any resolution for Hope and Datu so soon. Really bumbed out over the Boulderites but I'm soooooooo Gland to have an optimistic cliff hanger. Not clear about how much time has passed after Michael mentioned the date as December 17th, and there is a pause after the Ft Irwin's check points are engaged but it seems the L.A. sat phone has been repared within a day or two. I courious as to what Michael and or Kimmet will think if they can't pick up any voices over the phone.

Oh yeah, This is an awesome episode!!!

Michael still hasn't pulled out his trump card. Kimmet you are the one that redirect the copter to Boulder after I warned you.

Wow...just wow.

And great placement of the sat phone call. I knew as soon as it started ringing it was going to be the one Saul/Victor/CJ had. And I think everyone is pretty spot on. We're probably going back to the Colony next chapter to hear the what happened between the end of the last Colony episode and the chapter will probably end with whoever is making the call to Irwin. Then we'll pick up from the start of the call from both ends for the season finale.

Also isn't both event happen at the same time?

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
*ninjaed*

I now see Scratch like:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2224&d=1350318756

So I can't see her as being "hot" in anyway whatsoever anymore.

I don't think the refugees from Boulder want to be in LA. I think they should push even further into the cold.

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah, well ... OK. In THAT case Scratch would not be super-hot anymore ... I am referring to Jenna, though ... :o

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Figured as much, so I had to call it for what it was for clarification. I knew what he was getting at. The new season started last night, and it's about 8 months in the future from last season, and now everyone appears to be remarkable marksman in the show

Penguine
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
What Michael should have said...

Datu: They can stop them right? You have the tanks and shit?

Micheal: Yes... this time we do... have the tanks and shit.

WestonWisdom
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:24 AM
The reunion begins!

I'm seriously thinking that Tanya will turn at the worst possible time, probably infecting everyone that survived the initial turner and probably giving the season a real downer ending. The whole immune family thing really is too convenient, after all, it only takes one.

Witch_Doctor
Michael still hasn't pulled out his trump card. Kimmet you are the one that redirect the copter to Boulder after I warned you.
You're absolutely right! Kimmet might break down and go full thumb-sucking feotal if Michael brings this up.

Also isn't both event happen at the same time?
Yep, the Mallony rescue attempt takes place on the 16th, the same day Boulder comes under attack. Michael states at the begining that it is December 17th, 24 hours since the nuclear detonation.

I freaking love this show!!!!!!!!!!

wh33t
Figured as much, so I had to call it for what it was for clarification. I knew what he was getting at. The new season started last night, and it's about 8 months in the future from last season, and now everyone appears to be remarkable marksman in the show

8 months is plenty of time to practice shooting guns. As for them being "remarkable" marksmans they were basically hitting targets between 5ft and 6ft tall with in 75 meters which is not difficult to do if you've had a bit of training and fired a few hundred rounds through your rifle, especially if it's all zeroed to your preferences. At least that's what I've come to learn about shooting Silhouette at the range near my house. It's not unheard of to see 15 year olds hitting "3 inch" targets from 75 yards there and that's while standing through a peep sight.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:25 AM

Sorry, was try to be vague as possible. Adventureless Hero doesn't like spoiler about that show.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
8 months is plenty of time to practice shooting guns. As for them being "remarkable" marksmans they were basically hitting targets between 5ft and 6ft tall with in 75 meters which is not difficult to do if you've had a bit of training and fired a few hundred rounds through your rifle, especially if it's all zeroed to your preferences. At least that's what I've come to learn about shooting Silhouette at the range near my house. It's not unheard of to see 15 year olds hitting "3 inch" targets from 75 yards there and that's while standing through a peep sight.

I was talking about dead on head shots. I didn't see one shot hit the the center mass.

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
You're absolutely right! Kimmet might break down and go full thumb-sucking feotal if Michael brings this up.

Yep, the Mallony rescue attempt takes place on the 16th, the same day Boulder comes under attack. Michael states at the begining that it is December 17th, 24 hours since the nuclear detonation.

I freaking love this show!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to get really confused about what the "one" is, in "It only takes one". I'm starting to think it could be "one" nuke, or "one" day, or "one" biter, or "one" bad call.

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I was talking about dead on head shots. I didn't see one shot hit the the center mass.

Ah, well yea. That's a bit far fetched. You're bound to miss a few head shots from any distance and the show clearly didn't portray them missing all that many but we can't expect The Walking Dead to be as good as We're Alive, they don't have Burt to train them all.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
*ninjaed*

While I think it IS saul calling on the SAT phone, it COULD be scratch. If she shot or injured Saul and captured him, she could use Lizzie and baby as leverage. Saul is a soldier, but Lizzie is his weakness....especially with a baby. She threatens them after restoring SOME sort of order at the colony, and she has a direct way to get to the SAT phone. I think Saul would spill EVERYthing he knows with one swift grab of Lizzie's hair and a gun to her head.....or stomach.

Ch 35 would pick up at "BLONDIE! BLOOONDIEE!" and lead up to the phone call. I think the only way to fill up a whole Chapter with this short time frame is to either:

1- Successfully get Lizzie, but she won't go without saving Burt, so we have a whole escape operation, where we only make it to CJs tower after a standoff with Scratch and Burt. Scratch thinks he's too weak and without trigger finger, laughs at him trying to get a gun, so she lets him cuz its so laughable, where he says "I used to shoot competively bitch...ever heard of off-hand?" and boom she's gone. (please?)

2- Scratch takes out Victor or CJ somehow (Both representing different sides of logic, reason, and planning for Saul) and takes(keeps?) Lizzie hostage somehow, using her as leverage to take Scratch along with them back to the other tower with Glenn, repair the phone and when Michael answers saying "We can't talk right now, we're being over run!" scratch says "Better start running...."

Yea, I've been 0 for 3 the last 3 weeks, so none of you should give any credence to ANY of the preceding statements...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Tell me about it. I thought that was Yosamite Sam charging through the door when they were securing the house at the beginning. Nearly pissed myself when I saw it; I thought, "Did they really give him a gun and let him join the assault? Why does it look like Marvin the Martian's Ray Gun? Did Warner Bros. buy AMC or something?"

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM

I agree, but they have limited ammo as it is....not exactly much time/ammo for practice. And as Undead said....these people were all headshots

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Ah, well yea. That's a bit far fetched. You're bound to miss a few head shots from any distance and the show clearly didn't portray them missing all that many but we can't expect The Walking Dead to be as good as We're Alive, they don't have Burt to train them all.

Precisely! well put!

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Tell me about it. I thought that was Yosamite Sam charging through the door when they were securing the house at the beginning. Nearly pissed myself when I saw it; I thought, "Did they really give him a gun and let him join the assault? Why does it look like Marvin the Martian's Ray Gun? Did Warner Bros. buy AMC or something?"

I think those were mod. silencers

Did Warner Bros. buy AMC or something?"

Is that between the advertisement for ALDO Dog Food and Poland Spring Water? Also Microsoft was push so hard for Win 8, I was expect someone to be carrying a tablet. :)

LiamKerrington
#34-3 starts with:
December 18th!
Not 17th. Please, keep that in mind ...
So we are already 2 days ahead of what has happened at The Colony.

Hoff4D
Sorry, was try to be vague as possible. Adventureless Hero doesn't like spoiler about that show.

Sorry, I understand being vague, just wanted to make sure it was a total confusion...besides, I don't think saying "Zombies were getting shot a lot" in a zombie apocalypse show is exactly....spoiling. It's more....expected

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
#34-3 starts with:
December 18th!

Just enough time to get back to the other tower...the question is...Who made the trip though?

Scratch just off'd Durai, survival/moving forward for the sake of Durai's happiness is no longer one of her motives (even if it was just for show to begin with)....she'll scour hell itself for Pegs....I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave the colony for dead for a chance at pegs.

Also, I think only one person has mentioned it, but it seems quite important. TANYA IS BEING LET OUT! wooohoooo! I seriously doubt she turns, but more unexpected shit than that has shown itself in THIS show.

Great episode Kc!

wh33t
I agree, but they have limited ammo as it is....not exactly much time/ammo for practice. And as Undead said....these people were all headshots

Well don't be so sure. You are probably right, but we don't know for sure what has transpired in the past 8 months (or do we?), I don't at least. It's not inconceivable to think that in the USA one might stumble upon a household or two with a few thousand rounds of ammo. Especially if it's something small caliber like .22 or 9mm. You could fit 2000 rounds of either of those easily into a fanny pack (Ok maybe not, but a kids back pack).

As for the Marvin the Martian ray gun (LOL!), it looks like a home made suppressor to me. Check em out on Youtube, there is plenty of ways to quiet a small caliber hand gun with home made materials. Also the fact that Rick's hand gun suppressor looked legit lead me to believe they stumbled upon some weapons somewhere. It looked like Sophia's mom had an AK-48 or something as well lol.

LiamKerrington
Yea, I've been 0 for 3 the last 3 weeks, so none of you should give any credence to ANY of the preceding statements...

Keep your heads up. You are always in a win-win-situation here, 'cause almost any theory is valid as long as it is plausible - somehow-ish-ish-ishly ... ;)

All the best!
Liam

itsallgoodie

I was thinkin there's a small chance ink got it working too. That foul put some crazy twists in there. I don't actually think its tue. But how cool would that be?

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Just enough time to get back to the other tower...the question is...Who made the trip though?

Scratch just off'd Durai, survival/moving forward for the sake of Durai's happiness is no longer one of her motives (even if it was just for show to begin with)....she'll scour hell itself for Pegs....I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave the colony for dead for a chance at pegs.

Also, I think only one person has mentioned it, but it seems quite important. TANYA IS BEING LET OUT! wooohoooo! I seriously doubt she turns, but more unexpected shit than that has shown itself in THIS show.

Great episode Kc!

Did we ever confirm that Tanya was immune or just medicating herself?

Also, if there is anything I've learned from action films and We're Alive is that you do "the Durai" which is when you let someone speak their last words before killing them. If I'm ever in the position where I need to off someone I'm just going to do it, I won't let someone begin a monologue on my watch.

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
#34-3 starts with:
December 18th!

Excellent. Thanks for pointing that out.

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I start liking Kimmet ... Weeks ago I was pretty angry with him - what a leader, so jumpy and stuff ... But after all: Anytime he is "jumpy", he actually listens to the sense being talked into him by Michael ... Isn't that what makes a "good" leader?

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Well don't be so sure. You are probably right, but we don't know for sure what has transpired in the past 8 months (or do we?), I don't at least. It's not inconceivable to think that in the USA one might stumble upon a household or two with a few thousand rounds of ammo. Especially if it's something small caliber like .22 or 9mm. You could fit 2000 rounds of either of those easily into a fanny pack (Ok maybe not, but a kids back pack).

As for the Marvin the Martian ray gun (LOL!), it looks like a home made suppressor to me. Check em out on Youtube, there is plenty of ways to quiet a small caliber hand gun with home made materials. Also the fact that Rick's hand gun suppressor looked legit lead me to believe they stumbled upon some weapons somewhere. It looked like Sophia's mom had an AK-48 or something as well lol.

ADVENTURELESS_HERO DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING:

Yea, I don't want to leak spoilers for his sake (as stated above), I also don't want to eat too much of the We're Alive forum up for another show, but in the episode it's CLEAR that they have been on the run the last 8 months, moving from house to house avoiding large hordes that alledgedly band together when they hit each other. While I don't doubt them finding ammo, suppresors and the like, I DO doubt them getting much "Range Time" since they claim they've pretty much never spent more than a night or two in one area avoiding the horde. So while it is possible to hone your skill in 8 months, and possible to find the ammo, the third factor here: Time to practice shooting that ammo. Has lent itself to some disbelief in their shooting skill. The fact that they HAVE silencers and using a hand edge and fire-poker to kill zombies flat-out admits: "We have low ammo, we must keep moving, and must remain quiet"....which does not allow practice shooting.

Sorry, I agree based on their gear, they found some weapons, but all the facts don't line up to make them incredible marksmans as shown

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM

Maybe, just maybe: Let's consider the one or the other Little One having simply had grabbed to cars like #2 with the Chinook? What would be the chances? Imagine: Little Ones all of Boulder; they recognize people jumping into cars and driving out of town ... Would they simply ignore them, or would some try something? That is why I am not so surprised about the Little Ones on the refugees ...

All the best!
Liam

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Great episode Kc!

LOL! We glance it over like Michael did, too.

Pikepaw
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
KC, I just want to say I love you. "You have the tanks and shit" "this time we do" unlike in 1-3, I love callbacks. Now they have King Datu the Resourceful to fix the Pelican...good setup on that. At the last minute they get a call from the LA SAT phone.

So I am going to now pump my fist this entire bus ride. EPIC! Now maybe we can find out what happened in a little place down south where I hope that awesome guitar player is still alive.

Is the guitar player from the Broken Arrow still living or is Scratch a big fan of a different music genre?

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I dunno, Kimmet is seeming QUITE wishy-washy now. As stated in the show, he's never been in this situation before, so he has no clue what to do. He does what he thinks is right, but is slowly...

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
ADVENTURELESS_HERO DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING:

Yea, I don't want to leak spoilers for his sake (as stated above), I also don't want to eat too much of the We're Alive forum up for another show, but in the episode it's CLEAR that they have been on the run the last 8 months, moving from house to house avoiding large hordes that alledgedly band together when they hit each other. While I don't doubt them finding ammo, suppresors and the like, I DO doubt them getting much "Range Time" since they claim they've pretty much never spent more than a night or two in one area avoiding the horde. So while it is possible to hone your skill in 8 months, and possible to find the ammo, the third factor here: Time to practice shooting that ammo. Has lent itself to some disbelief in their shooting skill. The fact that they HAVE silencers and using a hand edge and fire-poker to kill zombies flat-out admits: "We have low ammo, we must keep moving, and must remain quiet"....which does not allow practice shooting.

Sorry, I agree based on their gear, they found some weapons, but all the facts don't line up to make them incredible marksmans as shown

Yea, fair'nuff! Debate/over.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Did we ever confirm that Tanya was immune or just medicating herself?

Also, if there is anything I've learned from action films and We're Alive is that you do "the Durai" which is when you let someone speak their last words before killing them. If I'm ever in the position where I need to off someone I'm just going to do it, I won't let someone begin a monologue on my watch.

An immunity was never confirmed, but as far as foreshadowing is concerned Tanya and Saul (by way of CJ noticing) have both stated some strong antibiotics being used on a potential infection. I think we've all but confirmed the strong antibiotic molotov cocktail Tanya prescribed will at least stop an infection (not cure someone already with full spread Zombie virus)......Now that I've said that, Tanya is prolly going to turn right after she's let out into a creature that makes Ink look like a bitch....

Also, Yes, rule #1 - no monologues.

lol

awkwardalex
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Oh Nik, I was so very wrong! Datu's datu-ness didn't kill him.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yea, fair'nuff! Debate/over.

Truce. :D

awkwardalex
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
"You got tanks and shit?"

"Yeah, this time we got tanks and shit."

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
#34-3 starts with:
December 18th!

Oops. I misheard that. Thanks for clarifying.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
An immunity was never confirmed, but as far as foreshadowing is concerned Tanya and Saul (by way of CJ noticing) have both stated some strong antibiotics being used on a potential infection. I think we've all but confirmed the strong antibiotic molotov cocktail Tanya prescribed will at least stop an infection (not cure someone already with full spread Zombie virus)......Now that I've said that, Tanya is prolly going to turn right after she's let out into a creature that makes Ink look like a bitch....

Also, Yes, rule #1 - no monologues.

lol

Tanya = Hulk?! Well that can be something special. "Keep me in a bubble for months? Tanya SMASH!!!

Can we made a forum Tower Rules to follow based on the tower rules.

#1 no monologues
#2 Datu can fix anything
#3 Angel is dead
#4 So is Kalani
#5 Englewood has crack
and so on..

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oops. I misheard that. Thanks for clarifying.

To help with the lining up of the events:http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Timeline&redirect=no

The events from this chapter are yet to be added to it, but on a re-listen you can see where the nuke drops and where today starts line up pretty good

Penguine
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I don't think Kimmet is cracking, he is just stressed. And it is totally possible that he has no combat experience, there are plenty of military officers that fit that bill. He is not defering power to Micheal, he is doing what any good, smart officer should do, asking his NCO's for help. Sure he is mad about the attack on the convoy and telling Micheal he is not going to listen to him anymore, but he is talking shit cause he is pissed. A good officer is always going to listen to, and take the advice of, their good NCO's. Michael has proven experience in the field, he has proven experience in dealing with the current threats, he will be listened to.

One thing I didn't understand though is why KODI will not fit in the Blackhawk? The Blackhawk has a ramp and should be able to carry an EOD robot and the team to use it. Maybe KODI is biger then I am thinking, but it was hauled in a trailer behind a HMMWV so it can't be all the huge.

In regards to the other show... rewatch it. Carl misses at least once and the zombie is finished off by Glenn with a stick to the head. I think it was Glenn.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I don't think Kimmet is cracking, he is just stressed. And it is totally possible that he has no combat experience, there are plenty of military officers that fit that bill. He is not defering power to Micheal, he is doing what any good, smart officer should do, asking his NCO's for help. Sure he is mad about the attack on the convoy and telling Micheal he is not going to listen to him anymore, but he is talking shit cause he is pissed. A good officer is always going to listen to, and take the advice of, their good NCO's. Michael has proven experience in the field, he has proven experience in dealing with the current threats, he will be listened to.

One thing I didn't understand though is why KODI will not fit in the Blackhawk? The Blackhawk has a ramp and should be able to carry an EOD robot and the team to use it. Maybe KODI is biger then I am thinking, but it was hauled in a trailer behind a HMMWV so it can't be all the huge.

In regards to the other show... rewatch it. Carl misses at least once and the zombie is finished off by Glenn with a stick to the head. I think it was Glenn.

While I agree with you....he is FAR from "asking for Michael's help"

And in the other show, Carol (sophia's mom) missed as well, but they still got off some amazing shooting all things considered IMO

HardKor
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I'm starting to get really confused about what the "one" is, in "It only takes one". I'm starting to think it could be "one" nuke, or "one" day, or "one" biter, or "one" bad call.
That's the beauty of it. All of them are good meanings. The obvious meaning is that it only takes one zombie to cause an outbreak, but all of the options you mentioned could fit with the title.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
That make sense! Only Glenn would get it working, so is it now Glenn the almost as resourceful as Datu the resourceful . They got in the van, b line to Liz and jet back to the other tower. Just think A-team style!

Spinoff series idea—Glenn & Datu, as the Resourceful Guys!

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
That's the beauty of it. All of them are good meanings. The obvious meaning is that it only takes one zombie to cause an outbreak, but all of the options you mentioned could fit with the title.

Could it also be "It only takes one" call from LA to push Michael to leadership and caring a whole alot.

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Well I'm going to go out on the line and officially state that if radio active super zombie force grows in Boulder that the "one" is referring to "one" nuke!

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Spinoff series idea—Glenn & Datu, as the Resourceful Guys!

As a reality tv show on the Post Apocalyptic DIY Home network? Hrm... I'd spend a few sickles on a subscription to that.

jgoodman85
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
So I'm calling it here Lizzy gets infected by one of these new zombies either right after or before having baby. Burt kills scratch since pegs is now apartmently dead. And Kimmit shoots himself

EpiEpee
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Could it also be "It only takes one" call from LA to push Michael to leadership and caring a whole alot.

Yes, my guess is that call is going to create a whole lot of conflict.

Michael will be torn between trying to find a way to help save whoever's left of Saul/Lizzy/Burt/Victor etc and trying to find Pegs/Kelly.

I think the call is also going to spur a lot more conflict between Kimmet and Michael as Kimmet probably won't want to allocate out any other resources, especially with his current opinion of Michael.

Great episode! My heart was pounding the whole time, especially when the drums got going!

Cabbage Patch
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
On the surface it doesn't make much sense for the survivors to be approaching Fort Irwin on Interstate 40. Interstate 15, which leads from Las Vegas, is the shorter route between Boulder and Fort Irwin. However, to get to I-15 the survivors would have to travel across the Rocky Mountains to get to Utah. That route is regularly closed due to heavy snowfall every winter, even with regular snow clearance by people who work in the mountainous areas. Under WA conditions, with no one to plow the roads I can imagine them becoming impassable.

The safer alternate route is to travel south along the eastern face of the Rockys into New Mexico, then catch I-40 in Alburquerque and follow it all the way to the Fort Irwin area. There are a few areas in northern Arizona that could be tricky, but there's much less chance of the route being blocked by snow drifts.

It says a lot that the survivors could make the drive from Boulder to Fort Irwin without the roads being clogged by abandoned cars or hordes of zombies. Makes it seem like the threat from regular Biters is pretty badly diminished.

Merlin1274
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Didn't Michael say something about it only takes one when they picked up Datu and Hope. Cause Datu asked what happened..
I will have to relisten but seems I heard Mikey say that to someone.. Some one asked how could it happen and he responded with the it only takes one line.

Penguine
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Another thought on the longer southerly route, it passes through Colorado Springs and Albuquerque which both house major military installations. These would be good stop points for equipment. Also, they wouldn't be dealing with as much snow in the mountains, can you say Donner Party? What is throwing me off is didnt they say the evac point was on I-70?

bradarro11
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I about shit my pants when I realised the call was coming from the LA sat phone. OMG massive suspense I seriously can't wait till the next chapter. This is killing me. Please please make all seasons available to buy on disc! Fort irwin falls micheal datu hope and tony robins escape to LA ( the colony) and rescue Saul lizzy burt cj victor and mow down scratch with the mini gun on the black hawk. They jet off to England and come see me for a pint of the local ale and re-tell their story to me first hand!! Then we go on a huge zombie killing spree and create an anti-dote to the z virus using the blood of Saul and lizzies love child. Save the planet and become heros. Oh yeah and Tanya snuffs it. Lol

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just finished listening to the episode.

So, of mixed emotions about this one. (Meaning the content of course not in that it was 15 to 20 different kinds of Fabulous)

Datu and hope got back, and maybe Datu can take care of the Pelican! Yay! But, will it really matter? Human society went from a sustainable 100K to about... three to four thousand? CODI might be able to help, but we'll have to see how effective it'll be. I don't see it turning the,tide with a bunch of smart inklings, but maybe with good positioning. But Michael was right before, the human race is kinda done, at this point, even assuming Irwin can deal with the coming onslaught.

Of course, I forgot all about that when I heard the SatPhone ringing, and I had to resist the urge to squee and jump up and down.

I bet its Scratch. Ooooooh! If Fort Irwin does turn away the horde, it'll likely be at substantial cost and might the newly organized mallers think that Fort Irwin would be a mighty fine place to live?

BoulderRefugee
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Does anyone else wish that Datu would say "youfully" instead of "hopefuly"?

So will Scratch be on the other end of the sat phone call?
Great episode!

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
And now I've read the rest of the thread. I might back whoever says Kimmets days in leadership are close to ending, Michael's digging himself a pretty deep hole of insubordination too. He's either going to get a promotion or a demotion at the end of all this, if they live through it.

Yes, Tanya turning would be goddamned perfect.

Actually, its hard to say who's on the other end of the Sat Phone. Its only been two days since the shenanigans at The Colony. Did Saul et al. bring the broken phone with them? Even if they did, The Resourceful Radioman is the only one qualified to fix it, and I'm sure he was listening in to the radio traffic of the battle going on. That would be two days for Scratch to torture the info out of people, assemble a group to scour LA for Pete abd Glenn who, I'm certain, would probably not stick around if they knew what was coming, pick them up, fix the SatPhone, etc. But, that's a short time frame for Saul and company too. Hmm.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
So Datu is working on Pelican. I guess Hope going to help Tanya then. They need all avail medical staff, who better to help Tanya. Finally Hope will "see" Tanya. ;-) And Tanya can "correct" Hope attitude.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
As a reality tv show on the Post Apocalyptic DIY Home network? Hrm... I'd spend a few sickles on a subscription to that.

Bob Vila eat your heart out!

Or else someone else will, for christ's sake there's ZOMBIES afoot, RUN BOB VILA RUN!!!!

Litmaster
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:25 PM

Yeah... that one was nearly as good as the epic: "SHOOT THAT BITCH IN THE FACE!" from Season 1.

I also like the call-back to Datu's "Tanks n' shit" from Season 1...

...we can't expect The Walking Dead to be as good as We're Alive...

Right. Because it isn't. :)

#34-3 starts with:
December 18th!

Yeah, thanks. I was wondering how the timeline worked out, but was too lazy to check.

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:25 PM
On the surface it doesn't make much sense for the survivors to be approaching Fort Irwin on Interstate 40. Interstate 15, which leads from Las Vegas, is the shorter route between Boulder and Fort Irwin. However, to get to I-15 the survivors would have to travel across the Rocky Mountains to get to Utah. That route is regularly closed due to heavy snowfall every winter, even with regular snow clearance by people who work in the mountainous areas. Under WA conditions, with no one to plow the roads I can imagine them becoming impassable.

The safer alternate route is to travel south along the eastern face of the Rockys into New Mexico, then catch I-40 in Alburquerque and follow it all the way to the Fort Irwin area. There are a few areas in northern Arizona that could be tricky, but there's much less chance of the route being blocked by snow drifts.

It says a lot that the survivors could make the drive from Boulder to Fort Irwin without the roads being clogged by abandoned cars or hordes of zombies. Makes it seem like the threat from regular Biters is pretty badly diminished.

^This guy ladies and gentlemen. This guy.

Alright, I'm gonna let the Mr. Whiskers out of the bag....The title means "It only takes one.....twinkie, to stop Ink's onslaught of the human race"
M. Night Shamamamalamalamalan plot twist is INK IS WOODY HARRELSON, and all he wants is a G.D. TWINKIE!

Hoff4D
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Another thought on the longer southerly route, it passes through Colorado Springs and Albuquerque which both house major military installations. These would be good stop points for equipment. Also, they wouldn't be dealing with as much snow in the mountains, can you say Donner Party? What is throwing me off is didnt they say the evac point was on I-70?

I believe that was the "Rendezvous point" where everyone would meet up from Evac and pool resources and convoy to Irwin, since they admittedly couldn't fly back on the fuel they have.

Dyhoerium
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
...Finally Hope will "see" Tanya. ;-) And Tanya can "correct" Hope attitude...

I can't help but think of the scene in Robin Hood: Men in Tights when the blind guy, Blinkin, made the realization that Ahchoo, Dave Chapelle's character, is black.

Litmaster
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Are We Bored Yet?
Awesome episode!!! This was a fun blend of acting, action, and drama. I wonder if those turds who were complaining about the series being slow are still complaining... This episode featured a nice blend of narration, dialogue, and action... I especially like the way Kc and Grayson are able to weave the narration bits into the story without it seeming like the story has to 'stop' for some exposition before moving forward again with another scene: its fed in just the right amounts so we don't get lost and don't get removed from what is happening, either.

King Datu the Lucky Bastard
Okay, I don't hate Datu quite as much as I have in the past. He is still a whiny little puss, but he's not as inept as I once considered him. The idea to hook up the battery to the dead radio was resourceful, I'll give him that. But he is still the luckiest bastard in the show:

In Boulder, he lucks out in hiding in a house right next to a survivalist who gets chomped
Then he gets a lucky swing at a raging Zoldier with a pickaxe
Then happens to steal a car that is already stocked with extra gas and supplies
And just happens to follow a crazy dude through the boonies of Rt. 6, taking him away from the main (doomed) convoy
Only to run out of gas in an area of certain death, but a timely radio call comes in at the exact moment when Michael and the only chopper crew just happen to be passing by on their way back to Irwin...

I guess you can say that he makes his own luck, but damn.... if I had such 'resourcefulness' I'd be buying lottery tickets!

Rebel Mike?
Shit is going to get heated at central command, especially over this issue of how to use personnel. Interestingly enough, the power dynamic between Kimmet and Michael is similar to that between Shane and Rick in the Walking Dead- one wants to make the 'hard decisions' to save the whole, even if that means sacrificing a few innocents, while the other values each individual enough to give him a fighting chance. This is actually quite a transformation for Michael, for he used to play the role of the short-tempered prick who had no patience for people who always seemed to get in the way of him getting shit accomplished. Nice character development throughout this fine story.

We already saw which philosophy triumphed in the fates of the Two Towers, so it will be interesting to see if a full scale mutiny will occur. My guess is that a small group led by Michael will eventually defect back to LA, perhaps with some 'secret weapon' by Tanya concerning how to counteract the zombie virus once and for all...

Call from... Scratch??!?
Ok, raise your hand if you were half expecting Scratch's voice on the other end of that Sat-phone at the end of the episode. Something like, "What's the matter, Michael? You don't want to plaaaaay with me anymore??"

I'm Out like Trout

Devilish Pizza
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Goddam it KC. Why must you make me wait another 2 weeks after an episode like that?!?!?!?
It will easily be the hardest two weeks of my post-we're alive life! You horrible sadistic man.
And seriously, apox upon the person who decided to try and go with the convoy after being scratched (I believe that these inklings can only turn people by scratching them, as Tanya pointed out their seemingly useless teeth).

ICEMAN TRAVIS
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barly won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road

BoulderRefugee
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Maybe Ink found Glen, he makes the call and listens in as Micheal gives away their position, just in time to come and lead his army of super-little-ones. Let the siege of Irwin begin! Just as the battle reaches it's climax... We're treated to 3 chapters of the dialogue-free adventures of Mr Whiskers catching rats in the ruins of the tower. Brilliant.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
It's nice that Datu is on hand to fix the Pelican. But what's the point if we don't have Pegs to fly it? Does anybody else suspect she's going to put in an appearance at Fort Irwin next episode?

Lots of ways she could do it. In my favorite scenario Pegs and Kelly arrive at the Rendezvous Point only to find that the convoy has already left. But they also find all the helicopters that were abandoned due to low fuel. They fly one to a nearby airport, refuel and fly it back to Fort Irwin. Once at Irwin the old gang load into the repaired Pelican, along with KODI. And who knows, maybe they'll all end up back in LA.

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barly won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road

Personally I'm hoping for that. That would be more realistic then the fairy tales we've become accustomed to. Humanity isn't invincible. For the most part we're overly capable animals blundering around the planet making obvious mistakes at basically every decision.

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Theres only a few ways zombpocolypse can end okay, and the Brooksian way is very rare. We're either going to end with the last two human survivors left on Earth walking off into a progressivly dim sunset, or everyones gonna die, but thats okay, cause the chopper that was gonna get them off the mall didn't have the fuel anyway. I've got a bit of the same problem, in that this episode really does kinda put the nail in humanity. We are watching an extinction. Thats how Zombpocolypses end, generally. We keep listening for the characters, to know why this is happening, but yes, humanity is done unless theres another mass wrinkle, and thats a long shot. This will not end well, and I'm not talking rainbows and sunshine, I'm taking about Michael not eating his gun after getting all the journals together in a library with no one left to read them.

Graves
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well, I've been thinking it ever since the story switched from the Colony battle to Ft Irwin and now I'm calling it; They're all gonna end up back in LA.

My guess is that the next chapter will go back to the colony. Either we'll see Saul and the gang, (or whoever makes it through) fight off the convicts, and force them out of the colony (I don't think we can have Scratch die just yet) or it all goes to hell for them and they're forced to leave the colony, get the phone repaired back at the other tower and call for help, in the hope they can get out of LA before Scratch tracks them down.

Unfortunately for them, shit hits the fan at Ft Irwin, and whatever's left of the survivors there are forced to abandon the base. With nowhere else to go they fly back into LA where (depending on how the battle pans out) they get to land in the nice secure colony (with an angry Scratch biding her time outside) or at the other tower (with an enraged Scratch hunting them down).

Regardless I'm loving this all so much, and a part of me wants to be completely wrong just so I'm even more gob-smacked later on.

Graves
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barely won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road

I would say that maybe we're assuming too much in terms of the global situation. It could very well be the case that there are other parts of the world unaffected that may yet come to play in this story (if at all).
All that we really know about the global situation is that the outbreak hit West coast USA, Japan, China and Hawaii. Maybe whatever happened to cause the outbreak has just hit areas around the Pacific ocean. Could give us a lot of hope for the rest of the world to have survived, or at least put up a defence. Maybe the worlds survivors have taken to the seas in fleets of ships and humanity becomes a seafaring, migrant race, who knows. Either way there's still hope yet.

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I would say that maybe we're assuming too much in terms of the global situation. It could very well be the case that there are other parts of the world unaffected that may yet come to play in this story (if at all).
All that we really know about the global situation is that the outbreak hit West coast USA, Japan, China and Hawaii. Maybe whatever happened to cause the outbreak has just hit areas around the Pacific ocean. Could give us a lot of hope for the rest of the world to have survived, or at least put up a defence. Maybe the worlds survivors have taken to the seas in fleets of ships and humanity becomes a seafaring, migrant race, who knows. Either way there's still hope yet.

I'd scale back on it a bit. Remember, as far as Irwin knows, the whole world's gone dark, and you can't tell me they don't have sufficient shortwave or HAM radio gear to get off the continent with ears, and that they wouldn't be listening to everything. They chomped through the U.S. Fairly quick, nothing saying they wouldn't get through Eurasia just as fast. Kcs already given us the safeplace surprise with Irwin and Boulder, he might not do it again. But, there is a whole nother season, so, maybe!

Pillars
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM
We need a mini timeline that maps the events from when Saul and Victor first saw the Chinook to now. Compare the events from LA to Irwin/Boulder. The journal entries give us info on what day it was and how many days it took while waiting. How much time passed between the colony civil war to the sat. phone transmission?

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM
We need a mini timeline that maps the events from when Saul and Victor first seen the Chinook to now. Compare the events from LA to Irwin/Boulder. The journal entries give us info on what day it was and gown many days it took while waiting. How much time passed between the colony civil war to the sat. phone transmission?

Elsewhere in the thread, I think someone calculated it as 2 Days.

Pillars
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks. I'm driving so I can't delve too deep right now.

BeEmCeeR
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I loved this chapter! I was blown away today.

BeEmCeeR
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I am hoping for the return of Pegs. I also have a feeling they will end up back in LA. I am wondering how the rest of them will reconnect, what is going on at the Colony? I feel like the stories were getting really separated, but now that Boulder has been toasted, maybe we'll get to know what's going on with the rest of the original gang.

Matt Gossett
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Leave it to KC to nuke half of civilization and put the other half in danger of being destroyed. Welcome to "We're Alive. A Story of Survival".

nikvoodoo
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I'm shocked no one has suggested tardust as the potential fixer of the phone. He's good with the radios after all.And he is much closer to the two necessary pieces than glenn.

Episode was aight................................just aight................................:p

So we will see the KODI again. Michael is likely going to have to fight a war on two fronts (zombies and mallers), and I've found a new path for burt to die: "oh pegs is dead? *bang!* so is the old man"

Privateer
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'm shocked no one has suggested tardust as the potential fixer of the phone. He's good with the radios after all.And he is much closer to the two necessary pieces than glenn.

Episode was aight................................just aight................................:p

So we will see the KODI again. Michael is likely going to have to fight a war on two fronts (zombies and mallers), and I've found a new path for burt to die: "oh pegs is dead? *bang!* so is the old man"

And David is just a sculpture. :P

I might not be recalling, but I don't recall Tardust showing particular aptitude, and we're talking about a fairly complex repair, at least from a technical standpoint, if I'm to understand correctly. That being said, my suspension of disbelief would not be stretched if he was in prison for FCC violations, or if someone else could do the repair. But, I was unsure if they brought the broken phone with them.

Pillars
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Tardust doesn't have the broken sat phone that holds the redial memory. I'm sure it's still with Glen or back at Dunbar.

And Tardust seems very capable. He is the techie of the Mallers.

Nedjema
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
There's always a possibilty that kimmet will blow the nuke under irwin if irwin becomes overrun like boulder...

As for the colony becoming the place to put all the boulder survivors, i don't think that'll happen. I don't think the colony is big enough for everyone, and plus, the colony is in southern california where the inklings/adlos came from in the first place. If boulder and possibly irwin can become overrun, I don't think the colony can stand a chance, especially with how close it is to ink and the special zombies.

stat
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
...and that's why you are favorite. <br />
<br />
<br />
It's funny that you should mention the A-Team because as I was listening to this episode in my car and speeding to school, I kept thinking, &quot;I love it when a...

HardKor
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Okay, what the hell does this stand for? I keep seeing it around and can't find the post that defined the term.

ADLO = Advanced Little Ones. I prefer Inklings myself but ADLO doesn't seem to be going away.

Zombiephyllic
Oct 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I loved this episode!! Oh the theories...

At this point I think its safe to say that at least someone from the colony raid made it out safely and is calling on the SAT Phone. I think its very unlikely that anyone else would be calling. The phone with the memory is with Glenn and I think the time is too short for Scratch to torture it out of anyone. So unless Glenn and/or Pete actually were working for the Mallers and brought the phone back to the colony, it'll be a friendly on the other line. My bet is that its Victor on the other line. If Saul gets to Lizzy, she'll likely tell him about Bert so they'll try and free him. I'm betting CJ will be coordinating the arming and revolt of the slaves and finding those responsible for killing Sean. That leaves Vic to get the SAT phone parts back to Glenn so they can fix it and call in for reinforcements.
I very much doubt that everyone made it out of the colony. I'm thinking someone got left behind so the ones who made it scrambled to fix the phone and call Michael. The good news is he'll have more of an excuse to go and save whoever was left at the when he tells Kimmet that he found a place to put the Boulder refugees. They might even consider abandoning Irwin and falling back there since a nice hoard of little ones soon will be knocking on their door.
I think chapter 35 will be a mix of picking up where we left off at the colony and reconnecting with Pegs and Kelli. This will catch us all up on everyone and will set up the finale: the Michael led take over of the colony.

nikvoodoo
Oct 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Everyone keeps saying the phone is with Glenn. While logical, anyone have a time stamp that says that for certain?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Everyone keeps saying the phone is with Glenn. While logical, anyone have a time stamp that says that for certain?

CJ won't have missed give such an advantage to Maller.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 06:35 PM
ADLO = Advanced Little Ones. I prefer Inklings myself but ADLO doesn't seem to be going away.

Like the trigger finger that Burt can't no longer Scratch, it the Dark-wing Duck of this forum ;-)

poniesandzombies
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM
That was hilarious

poniesandzombies
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Oh I will be so mad if that happens!!!!!!

nikvoodoo
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Oh I will be so mad if that happens!!!!!!

If you're responding to people, use the "reply with quote" button below their post. That way we can keep track of the conversation. :)

ImPaul
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:00 PM
At this point, I'm thinking that Ft. Irwin is going to get over-run & Michael and Tonya are going to do some quick thinking to hold the Zombie's back...perhaps they'll discover a significant weakness. Anyhow, it would be a cool ironic twist to have Rigley save Kimmet's life.
Finally, KC should have ended 24-3 with Ink snarling and breathing heavy on the other end of the SAT phone.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM
At this point, I'm thinking that Ft. Irwin is going to get over-run & Michael and Tonya are going to do some quick thinking to hold the Zombie's back...perhaps they'll discover a significant weakness. Anyhow, it would be a cool ironic twist to have Rigley save Kimmet's life.
Finally, KC should have ended 24-3 with Ink snarling and breathing heavy on the other end of the SAT phone.

Maybe:

Michael "Hello?"
Saul "Hey Michael, are you going to pick us up? We been waiting. Also, don't tell my mother. She going to be pissed because I haven't called."

Cabbage Patch
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to seeing real armored forces deal with the zombies. Sure the Inklings/ADOLs/Little Ones/Zoldiers are tough. But when you get right down to the heart of the matter they are merely infantry. And armor eats infantry in open terrain.

I predict it will go like this. M-1s and Bradleys engage at 1˝ miles and zombies die. Some veer left, get caught in concertina wire, hit by mortar fire and die. Some veer right and enter minefields, where they die. Most run forward, where they spend the next ten minutes in the open suffering death from ahead and death from above. When the pitiful few survivors finally reach the line of their tormentors, and get within the 4 feet or so where they can actually do harm back, they break their dainty nails trying to open armored beasts that casually grind them to paste under their tracks. Zombie casualties, 100%, armored force casualties zero.

Condor
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
It's nice that Datu is on hand to fix the Pelican. But what's the point if we don't have Pegs to fly it? Does anybody else suspect she's going to put in an appearance at Fort Irwin next episode?

Lots of ways she could do it. In my favorite scenario Pegs and Kelly arrive at the Rendezvous Point only to find that the convoy has already left. But they also find all the helicopters that were abandoned due to low fuel. They fly one to a nearby airport, refuel and fly it back to Fort Irwin. Once at Irwin the old gang load into the repaired Pelican, along with KODI. And who knows, maybe they'll all end up back in LA.
I like that. Of course, they'll fly back to LA against Kimmet's orders to grab Saul and the gang.

No way.
I don't remember a specific mention of leaving the broken satphone with Glen, but it would just be insane to risk taking such a valuable item on a risky mission where it could be lost or further damaged. Plus, by leaving the broken phone with Glen, he could be tinkering with it to figure out exactly which parts need replacing or maybe even getting it to work with parts he could scavenge or even without replacement parts.

The one Rick had was definitely homemade using a Maglight, which is bad because I currently have a broken Maglight and that gave me bad ideas. lol Carl's might be homemade too, not sure.

Sorry, I understand being vague, just wanted to make sure it was a total confusion...besides, I don't think saying "Zombies were getting shot a lot" in a zombie apocalypse show is exactly....spoiling. It's more....expected
On the that show, IT IS A SPOILER. lol

If Burt were on that show, I can imagine this scene: Burt: "You're all a bunch of pussies!" <Burt shoots Rick & the gang> End of show.

Zombiephyllic
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to seeing real armored forces deal with the zombies. Sure the Inklings/ADOLs/Little Ones/Zoldiers are tough. But when you get right down to the heart of the matter they are merely infantry. And armor eats infantry in open terrain.

I predict it will go like this. M-1s and Bradleys engage at 1˝ miles and zombies die. Some veer left, get caught in concertina wire, hit by mortar fire and die. Some veer right and enter minefields, where they die. Most run forward, where they spend the next ten minutes in the open suffering death from ahead and death from above. When the pitiful few survivors finally reach the line of their tormentors, and get within the 4 feet or so where they can actually do harm back, they break their dainty nails trying to open armored beasts that casually grind them to paste under their tracks. Zombie casualties, 100%, armored force casualties zero.

Good Point...But as KC once said, It only takes one. One gets past the defense, Irwin will likely fall.

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi there,

About the sat and Glenn:
In #31-2 Glenn, Saul and Victor speak about thechances to repair the device, and Glenn describes where to find spare parts (his shack in The Colony). What are the odds that Saul and Victor took the broken device with them in order to compare the items? And how does this compare with the odds that Glenn might keep the broken device for now?

About route 40: Ok, I understand now. Makes perfectly sense. Thank you for clarification.

It is pretty awesome: Not a single day passed since #34-3 was released, in we already share thoughts about it via 14 pages on this forum. YeeehawwwwwwW!

About tanks vs. Little Ones: Might become messy. And am looking forward to it.

So far my prediction would be like this:
* Situation at Fort Irwin and Boulder is pretty clear. Refugees/ survivors from Boulder are few, and they are scattered around in smaller and bigger groups. Also Little Ones are huge in numbers and on the run. I guess it is as safe to assume that Pegs and Kelly are D-E-D as well as being alive and around in one of the surviving groups having fallen back (they had to retreat from the North of Boulder ...).
I guess Fort Irwin might be hit, but the guys are prepared and have to defend a much smaller territory; but the place does not serve well as a hide-out for survivors. Therefore, as soon as the situation has calmed down the Irwinknights need to find a way to make things safer for the refugees.
Here the call from LA comes in handy. Whoever it is ... Even if it is Scratch, now Michael remembers the Colony and the size of the place (what was it? A square mile or something?) with everything you need for basic survival ... The follow-up mission would be to check the place and maybe cleanse the place of any danger ...
* Situation at The Colony is kind of hazy: Small kind of revolution and turmoil. Saul, Victor and CJ break in, get into crossfire; within The Colony each one fires at each one (exaggeration). So what will happen there? A lot of Bloodshed ... I think, everything is possible considering the characters being around. But I guess that season 4 will be more about humans vs. zombies again (hospital, Inglewood), therefore I look forward to seeing The Mallers getting their asses handed and kicked out of the party ...

All the best!
Liam

P.S.: in a bit of a hurry, thus tl;dr for spell-checking ...

wh33t
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM

Like a Post Apocalyptic Alamo!

7oddisdead
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM

its never stated where the sat-phone went...the main mention of it is 31-2 starting at the five minute mark. while yes, it seems the most logical for the phone to stay with glenn (since the plan is to make the call from either dunbar, or a secure location nearby) that does not mean thats what happened...saul was a bit girl-nutty at the time.

and you know i hate giving nik any type of credit...but we really DONT know where the phone is for sure...

buzzbros2002
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:47 AM
First off, is anyone besides me glad to hear shooting in California and for once it only being zombies as opposed to people shooting people? Also, I find flaws in several predictions.

1: Nuking Irwin anytime soon. That won't happen probably until we hear at least hints of the fates of Pegs and Kelly. After that though, I say it's possible. After all, the Irwin nuke was mentioned, therefore it must be used eventually.

2: Ink snarling into the radio. Come on, we all know that if we hear any zed on it it's obviously going to be "I'm Paul". We know this because if The Beatles have taught us anything it's that Paul is dead and kicking.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:06 AM

That's why I like you voodoo.

Bullethead
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Micheal listens in...
"I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my 'Pegs' go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.”

:hammer:

nikvoodoo
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I'm also concerned with the timing. If we are now 2 days ahead of the Colony we have to: <br />
<br />
1) Finish and resolve the conflict <br />
2) Punish those involved (I'm assuming the Mallers win and will punish...

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Well ... Pass 1 sounds much, but is it really that much? I guess, for as long as the turmoil is taking place in The Colony, there is a long story to be told which might take less then an hour -...

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:36 AM
We don't know if gatekeeper already grabbed the phone from Glen's shack yet. The night before the civil war at the colony is when gatekeeper said he could retrieve the sat phone. Victor may already have had the shack's phone in his possession. Meaning they only have to get Lizzy and Burt out. All of this falling into place seems too good to be true. So either one of the three (Lizzy, Burt, and phone) get left behind. Or Saul, Victor or CJ don't make it out alive.

There is also the possibility that Victor and Lizzy don't get a chance to rendezvous with Saul and CJ.

Privateer
Oct 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM
For all this talk about the location of the SatPhone, it'd just be silly to have brought it with the, especially of they needed to bring the guts back anyway. It'd be an obvious and unnecessary risk.

And in response to Voodoo's timeline, that is exactly what I'm saying. Its too little time for Scratch to do it all. There are other ways of course. Another Telecom expert could be in the colony, Glenn could have gotten the number off the phone and provided instructions remotely, Glenn could have repaired the dialer, but nothing else (to explain the lack of response on the other end). The last one poses an intereasting possibility, in that it presents Michael with an impetus to go to LA, without much information as to what would be going on.

Maybe the LA team had two SatPhones?

As for using the colony as another base, I don't see that happening. There just isn't enough room, and to leave defensible, sustainable Irwin for a crowd of ramshackle buildings around even more mad zombies seems unthinkable.

Unless Irwin goes boom and were again left with a squad of people on the Pelican going back. That's the scenario we might be headed for.

Alternatively, rolling back to someones note earlier, maybe there is a bunch of humans out to Sea. Its been a while, but it was dropped that Kimmet was looking for Pacific ports...

Privateer
Oct 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM
We don't know if gatekeeper already grabbed the phone from Glen's shack yet. The night before the civil war at the colony is when gatekeeper said he could retrieve the sat phone. Victor may already have had the shack's phone in his possession. Meaning they only have to get Lizzy and Burt out. All of this falling into place seems too good to be true. So either one of the three (Lizzy, Burt, and phone) get left behind. Or Saul, Victor or CJ don't make it out alive.

There is also the possibility that Victor and Lizzy don't get a chance to rendezvous with Saul and CJ.

The timeline I know is that Victor arrived, chatted with Gatekeeper, rollcall, gunfire. There wasn't a break for Gatekeeper to grab the phone, I don't think.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
The timeline I know is that Victor arrived, chatted with Gatekeeper, rollcall, gunfire. There wasn't a break for Gatekeeper to grab the phone, I don't think.

From what I remember Vic is running after Liz, Gatekeeper is at the van with Saul and CJ. So the only people left is water van driver.

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Didn't Victor hide at Gatekeeper's place for a day to give Gatekeeper the chance to organize things - like putting the right guards into the right place? Would have been a chance for Gatekeeper to also get the parts from the shack ... But I guess this item-trade would have been covered or mentioned somehow ...

nikvoodoo
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Victor was in Gatekeeper's house for a day. Gatekeeper spent a day getting the word out about the plan to overthrow the Mallers. The time passing was told in a narrative by either Saul or Victor I believe.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM

Gatekeeper said "it shouldn't be a problem. I can get it tonight after dark" in regards to the sat phone. The civil war broke out the next morning. Gatekeeper did have time to get it. Whether or not he did is the real question.

Privateer
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Wow, when you're wrong, and damn, was I wrong I guess! I stand corrected. It is a possibility then, I Suppose!

UndeadSweeper
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Gatekeeper said "it shouldn't be a problem. I can get it tonight after dark" in regards to the sat phone. The civil war broke out the next morning. Gatekeeper did have time to get it. Whether or not he did is the real question.

Right!!! Forgot that. Then Vic must have it already, then he will probably only need to get a pick up with Liz.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:14 AM
But on the other hand the possibility that they got the phone, Lizzy, Burt and made it back to the safehouse with Glen without any problem or casualties seems too unlikely in the world of KC.

Privateer
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
That would be an Interesting wrinkle, if they got the phone, but lost the battle at the Colony, and hightailed it back to the safehouse. Where they could have been followed...

But yeah, none of it can be good for the Baby.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Please, could anyone lend Kimmet a copy of this book:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/ep3er/leadership-for-dummies-cover.jpg

Or this

http://images.betterworldbooks.com/076/Communicating-Effectively-for-Dummies-Brounstein-Marty-9780764553196.jpg

It takes more than a nuke if words and arguments are your enemies.

Nedjema
Oct 16th, 2012, 10:36 AM

I thought victor hid all day, and the civil war broke out that night, before gatekeeper got a chance to go out and get the sat phone...

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I thought victor hid all day, and the civil war broke out that night, before gatekeeper got a chance to go out and get the sat phone...

No, gatekeeper went out at night to pull the favors and get the guardians in position for the next morning. Remember Saul asked if he could get the spots covered for tomorrow.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
King Datu the Lucky Bastard
I guess you can say that he makes his own luck, but damn.... if I had such 'resourcefulness' I'd be buying lottery tickets!

This is why I like Datu more and more. He makes me feel better about myself. Just like myself, he's resourceful AND lucky. Only that combination can save him from all of his bad choices. Then again, if he hadn't chosen candy over fruit in The Road to Living Death Skittles might have been named Canned Peaches.

Rebel Mike?
Shit is going to get heated at central command, especially over this issue of how to use personnel. Interestingly enough, the power dynamic between Kimmet and Michael is similar to that between Shane and Rick in the Walking Dead- one wants to make the 'hard decisions' to save the whole, even if that means sacrificing a few innocents, while the other values each individual enough to give him a fighting chance. This is actually quite a transformation for Michael, for he used to play the role of the short-tempered prick who had no patience for people who always seemed to get in the way of him getting shit accomplished.

Good point. Also this whole story is filled with themes of leadership. I'm seeing a similarity between Kimmet and C.J. now. He kept a base and a city alive, managed to set up rescue and training operations and had fail safes in place. Yet, just like C.J., all of the tight planning fell apart because... It Only Takes One... to bring the whole house down a tumblin'.

My guess is that a small group led by Michael will eventually defect back to LA, perhaps with some 'secret weapon' by Tanya concerning how to counteract the zombie virus once and for all...

Ah! I've got it! Tanya gets bitten, doesn't turn, immunity suspected. Puck gets bitten, doesn't turn, he remembers Tanya bit him in Chapter 29 part 1, immunity established.:tinfoil:

Call from... Scratch??!?
Ok, raise your hand if you were half expecting Scratch's voice on the other end of that Sat-phone at the end of the episode. Something like, "What's the matter, Michael? You don't want to plaaaaay with me anymore??"

Gosh, I hope not. I want to see a couple of wins before the cluster fuck that I'm expecting the season finale to be. You know, destroy the Death Star before the Empire Strikes you back. As for who else survives for now...
Assuming that everyone is able to share their own personal account at a time when they are free from fighting or running for their lives, and no discovered journals a la Kalani:
* Victor - Survives: We hear his account after he infiltrates the colony.
* Saul - Survives: We hear his account since he spotted the Chinook.
* Lizzy - Survives:- We hear her account during the doctor visits. Also, I'm not sure if she sees the tape of Angel's death before Brinks gives it to Durai. Unless this means Tardust survives which I have a hard time thinking that Saul would allow.
* Burt - Survives: We hear him after Angel's death. Sound's like he and Scratch are alone. (I hope this doesn't mean Scratch become a good guy.)
* Peg's and Kelly - Possibly alive: When the refugee convoy is attacked and Michael asks if it's all 1200 people, Puck says no and that others joined the group. Michael replies "What?" The "what" is a staple WA red flag for 'pay attention to what was just said.'

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
At the end of 32-2 Vic says "we prepped through the night and gatekeeper pulled all the strings he could."

Bullethead
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Was I the only one who thought when Datu heard gun shots he may have been driving passed the Colony? or is that just idiotic given the placement of the Colony relative to Ft. Irwin?

@Witch_Doctor, I too was expecting Scratch's voice, perhaps even Burt's voice (don't know why just felt right). The moment Michael responds with his name and location a red flag went up for me. Not once in this entire show has he just handed out information like that. Except perhaps upon entering the colony I'm not sure.

Can you imagine if Glenn was on the other end of the line?
"Well this is Gle..."
"Hand over the sat phone ya old man I need to tell him the 'phrase that pays' for HOT 105.6!"

Lastly, I am still curious as to if there are any soldiers out in the Box. Have they been notified of all hell breaking loose? Was the Box possibly closer to Boulder than Irwin? Could they have done something to help?

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Was I the only one who thought when Datu heard gun shots he may have been driving passed the Colony? or is that just idiotic given the placement of the Colony relative to Ft. Irwin?

@Witch_Doctor, I too was expecting Scratch's voice, perhaps even Burt's voice (don't know why just felt right). The moment Michael responds with his name and location a red flag went up for me. Not once in this entire show has he just handed out information like that. Except perhaps upon entering the colony I'm not sure.

Can you imagine if Glenn was on the other end of the line?
"Well this is Gle..."
"Hand over the sat phone ya old man I need to tell him the 'phrase that pays' for HOT 105.6!"

Lastly, I am still curious as to if there are any soldiers out in the Box. Have they been notified of all hell breaking loose? Was the Box possibly closer to Boulder than Irwin? Could they have done something to help?

The colony is much further southwest.

Michael only says "Irwin Command" he never says his name or rank.

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
To add to all of the wild guess work I'm also thinking we haven't seen or heard the last from Boulder. The radiation left behind surely must have some kind of ill or positive effect on the little ones and I'm sure they didn't all die, at least not right away. I believe people/animals have been known to survive nuclear attacks although they obviously aren't in the center of the blast radius. Usually these survivors die off due to the radiation right?

I somehow get a really really really strange feeling that all survivors (including what's left of the mallers) may have to team up to fight a ridiculous onslaught of Zombies. I'm thinking Lord of the Rings battle for Helms Deep here ... I don't know where I think it's going to go down but I just have a feeling this story sooner or later will be all about surviving the Zombies. There is so much left in the whole Ink story and the creation of the little ones as well ...

Cabbage Patch
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
The moment Michael responds with his name and location a red flag went up for me. Not once in this entire show has he just handed out information like that.

I found that a little jarring. In most of the earlier satphone conversations the Fort Irwin end started the call with a challenge, looking for a password response. Even in the heat of the battle for Boulder the person answering the phone was circumspect in how they answered the line. Now, suddenly, Michael is a chatterbox?

I am still curious as to if there are any soldiers out in the Box. Have they been notified of all hell breaking loose? Was the Box possibly closer to Boulder than Irwin? Could they have done something to help?

"The Box" is the local nickname for the training area immediately surrounding Fort Irwin.

Jannit
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM
To add to all of the wild guess work I'm also thinking we haven't seen or heard the last from Boulder. The radiation left behind surely must have some kind of ill or positive effect on the little ones and I'm sure they didn't all die, at least not right away. I believe people/animals have been known to survive nuclear attacks although they obviously aren't in the center of the blast radius. Usually these survivors die off due to the radiation right?

I somehow get a really really really strange feeling that all survivors (including what's left of the mallers) may have to team up to fight a ridiculous onslaught of Zombies. I'm thinking Lord of the Rings battle for Helms Deep here ... I don't know where I think it's going to go down but I just have a feeling this story sooner or later will be all about surviving the Zombies. There is so much left in the whole Ink story and the creation of the little ones as well ...

Earlier in this thread someone was explaining why cockroaches can live through a nuclear explosion and how it had to do with the slow division of cells. I'm sorry but I'm being too lazy to go back and find the quote.

This point got me thinking. There has been a decent amount of speculation on 'radioactive' zombies and such, but we already know that the zombie disease/plague/virus/whatever is VERY contagious and spreads rapidly. Wouldn't that mean that zombies are prone to being more affected by radiation than humans? Since humans ultimately die from radiation poisoning, zombies that are close enough to have gotten exposed should keel over much more quickly due to the cell division going on as a result of the disease.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Too Fallout 3-ish.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I have to say that this episode has left more impression on me than the previous one. I do not want to compare both episodes, because it has nothing to do with the story or a particular character. I mean, com on, most of us expected the nuke more or less to go off in the last chapter. It was somehow surreal, for sure. Besides, to a Boulderite, what lead to the detonation depended on assumptions and strategic considerations made far away at Fort Irwin.

In the final act of chapter 34, the immediate horror intensifies. Just imagine how shocking it must have been for the unturned Boulderites to experience to look at the helicopter and the ground troops firing at them. It it not about strategy anymore, it is just about them or us. And this is when the real horror starts.

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Earlier in this thread someone was explaining why cockroaches can live through a nuclear explosion and how it had to do with the slow division of cells. I'm sorry but I'm being too lazy to go back and find the quote.

This point got me thinking. There has been a decent amount of speculation on 'radioactive' zombies and such, but we already know that the zombie disease/plague/virus/whatever is VERY contagious and spreads rapidly. Wouldn't that mean that zombies are prone to being more affected by radiation than humans? Since humans ultimately die from radiation poisoning, zombies that are close enough to have gotten exposed should keel over much more quickly due to the cell division going on as a result of the disease.

Yes, I remember that. As I understand the radiation that causes humans to die is due to the fact that the radiation modifies how are DNA mutates. This occurs naturally at a very slow pace and I believe this is a central component to Evolutionary theory. When it happens slowly I think is where you get the small and subtle differences between us in terms of our abilities and natural responses. So with a sudden blast of radiation the interference with our DNA causes rapid mutation. That's a bad thing for us, but it could be a great thing for a creature that spreads it's DNA (or w/e it is) very rapidly. Not to mention the Zombies seem to be way tougher than us.

At this point in time I don't think it's fair to rule out radioactive Zombies just because it's been a theme before in another Zombie franchise. There is lots of repeat material even in We're Alive that has been in other Zombie media before.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yes, I remember that. As I understand the radiation that causes humans to die is due to the fact that the radiation modifies how are DNA mutates. This occurs naturally at a very slow pace and I believe this is a central component to Evolutionary theory. [...]

Naaaa, the main catch phrase is "Survival of the fittest." As an zombified individual you might have to stink, look ugly and have to eat human flesh - but it will also grand you a wide variety of recreational hunting activities, e.g. hunting military personnel.:zombie:

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Naaaa, the main catch phrase is "Survival of the fittest." As an zombified individual you might have to stink, look ugly and have to eat human flesh - but it will also grand you a wide variety of recreational hunting activities, e.g. hunting military personnel.:zombie:

Of course it's survival of the fittest but what do you think leads to one being "fittest", the ones that are born with the best chances of catching of the best mutations. The biggest and strongest parents still produce runts occasionally. There is always the chance of random subtle genetic mutation. Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean the strongest either, it really just means the adaptable to what is required to live. Sometimes being huge and requiring massive amounts of food to live isn't necessarily the best for survival yet it does seem misleading as that's usually what we equate being "fit" with.

Privateer
Oct 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Yes, I remember that. As I understand the radiation that causes humans to die is due to the fact that the radiation modifies how are DNA mutates. This occurs naturally at a very slow pace and I believe this is a central component to Evolutionary theory. When it happens slowly I think is where you get the small and subtle differences between us in terms of our abilities and natural responses. So with a sudden blast of radiation the interference with our DNA causes rapid mutation. That's a bad thing for us, but it could be a great thing for a creature that spreads it's DNA (or w/e it is) very rapidly. Not to mention the Zombies seem to be way tougher than us.

At this point in time I don't think it's fair to rule out radioactive Zombies just because it's been a theme before in another Zombie franchise. There is lots of repeat material even in We're Alive that has been in other Zombie media before.

Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think KC has come down pretty hard on radioactive zombies, and no. Besides, I imagine radioactive human isn't really a thing. People don't glow, they get sick and die. Zombies are a little different, but they're still living thinga, and I imagine radiation might have the same effect. We're also talking about a ground burst, though, so fallout should be relatively limited.

As for Michael being a chatter box, phrase/counter phrase would probably only work when everyones properly briefed. He didn't give much away by saying Irwin. Anyone near a Satphone would probably already know Irwins around.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
If the zombie infection deals with DNA than radiation ionization could affect the molecule compounds. But again I think we're stretching the nuke out further than it was meant to go.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Before this week's episode I would have thought that none of the Inklings survived Boulder. That nuke should have incinerated the entire downtown area and smashed the suburbs under a deluge of flamethrower hot air, hurricane force winds and hard radiation. Nothing even remotely human could survive that. The only survivors would be those that got out of the city entirely, which didn't seem to have happened when the bomb went off.

But this week we learned that Inklings managed to infiltrate the convoy back to Fort Irwin. And it only takes one. So maybe Inklings did make it out of Boulder only to get hit by the wave of ionizing radiation, or to receive long-term exposure to radioactive fallout.

BTW, what is it about the Inklings that compells them to hide out till they're about 30 miles away from a juicy target, and then attack? First the Chinook, which was brought down about 30 miles from Boulder. Then the convoy, where the attack took place about 30 miles from Yermo, which we know is on Fort Irwin's outer defense perimeter (okay, 75 miles from Fort Irwin proper, but I couldn't resist the 30 mile comparison).

IamPaul
Oct 16th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Great episode!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see the season 3 finale being a "Zombie War"! I figure next chapter will be with Saul and Co. getting out of the Colony and getting the Sat phone fixed. Then the finale will be the War 2/Rescue mission for Saul Co. and Pegs and Kelly. Ending in Irwins nuke being used, maybe? Kimmett seems very weary at leading an army.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think KC has come down pretty hard on radioactive zombies, and no. Besides, I imagine radioactive human isn't really a thing. People don't glow, they get sick and die. Zombies are a little different, but they're still living thinga, and I imagine radiation might have the same effect. We're also talking about a ground burst, though, so fallout should be relatively limited.

As for Michael being a chatter box, phrase/counter phrase would probably only work when everyones properly briefed. He didn't give much away by saying Irwin. Anyone near a Satphone would probably already know Irwins around.

Radioactive should be a bad thing for them too. We know their body transform from Tanya's examination. So even with the blue skin, radioactive is still radioactive.

Hoff4D
Oct 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
...and that's why you are favorite.

It's funny that you should mention the A-Team because as I was listening to this episode in my car and speeding to school, I kept thinking, "I love it when a plot comes together." This episode was really enjoyable. There were call backs and some action and some character building. Michael got to be funny, Tanya got out of her bubble, Hope was a total pill (she's rapidly becoming a favorite), Chekhov's gun was fired in terms of Datu coming back and fixing the helicopter and we got a mysterious phone call at the end of the episode. It was really satisfying to see so many things coalescing at once.
Also, now I'm super afraid that *Kegs is dead and have all sorts of feelings, which is terrible because emotions are dumb and should be hated.

Michael is going the way of Angel? No, I can't see that. I really don't think Michael has the inclination to be an officer. He slipped very easily back into his role as a NCO, which is actually one of my favorite things about him--he doesn't have a great desire for power, though he could command it. I think that Michael would rather a competent but more malleable officer took Kimmet's place. And as far as we know, Michael is probably one of the more experienced soldiers on the base, in terms of combat experience and managing civilians. There are probably more officers on the base who we haven't met. One of them would most likely take over for Kimmet, were he incapacitated.
But who knows? As Shakespeare once wrote: "Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." I think Michael is the latter. (I have my issues with him but Michael's a good NCO. Maybe even a great one. If he plays to his strengths, he might yet see some people through this apocalypse.)

The I-40 through Albuquerque is a very good idea. In December, it's cold enough for snow but it's dry on our side of the mountain (seriously, look at a Google map). Also, snow doesn't last long in New Mexico, even if the roads aren't ploughed.
Also, there's a chance that there a lot (relatively speaking) of survivors in New Mexico. Low population density, high gun ownership outside of the cities, and lots of people living off the grid. The survivors might be hard to find, but they're probably there (an apocalyptic event might even bring them to town.)

Okay, what the hell does this stand for? I keep seeing it around and can't find the post that defined the term.

*Kegs is my portmanteau for Kelly and Pegs. Even though portmanteaux are demode, I love them...by which I mean both portmanteaux and Pegs and Kelly. I'm going to be super down if Kelly doesn't ride into town on a sled pulled by zombie slaves in the same episode that Scratch and Burt fight to the death in a volcano.

Yea, I meant Kimmet, not Michael was going the way of Angel, my bad...typo...I edited my post to rectify that

Hoff4D
Oct 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Or free Burt in the fray upon Lizzy's demand, because in her timeline she was just notified of Burt's existence. Burt kills Scratch, and the colony bands together to end the leaderless maller...

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Radioactive should be a bad thing for them too. We know their body transform from Tanya's examination. So even with the blue skin, radioactive is still radioactive.

It should? I don't think so. It definitely could be. But like Tanya said they are way tougher than us. It's totally possible that they could handle radiation and that might include useful mutative properties that we as humans couldn't tolerate.

lr42186
Oct 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
If it is Scratch on the sat phone - what if she finds out somehow/is told about the Bouldersplosion and offers up the Colony as a safe haven for survivors... in exchange for Pegs? Kimmet has shown that unless its his own kin, individuals don't really matter to him. Could him making a possible deal with the devil be the straw that makes Michael snap?

nikvoodoo
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Or free Burt in the fray upon Lizzy's demand, because in her timeline she was just notified of Burt's existence. Burt kills Scratch, and the colony bands together to end the leaderless maller overrun...CJ/Saul/Victor/Lizzy/Burt then go back to the safehouse and make the call. Or if the phone IS with them, inform glenn/pete to make the trip to the colony and radio in a evac of the colony

or as some people has proposed, if Irwin is overrun, flee to Colony. I think that is far less likely, but still in the realm of reality.

Either way, I think you're stacking the deck by listing those only two outs. I think the 'shown gun' theory everyone keeps mentioning applies to more than just the nukes. Lizzy was told of Burt, the colony is in pure chaos, and she's pregnant and emotional GET BURT!!!! will ring through the colony and Victor/CJ/Saul will rescue him as things die down in the gunfight. as they do, both sides numbers are reduced and we have an epic standoff of Burt/Scratch.

My fundamental issue with this is Burt surviving which I don't think he does. Burt is going to die goddamnit because I've now shouted this from the seven highest peaks on the planet. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be so mad.

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
My fundamental issue with this is Burt surviving which I don't think he does. Burt is going to die goddamnit because I've now shouted this from the seven highest peaks on the planet. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be so mad.

Or... Burt will turn into the best sharp shooting Zombie the world has ever known.

Condor
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe the LA team had two SatPhones?
Oohhh, that could be an interesting twist.

BTW, what is it about the Inklings that compells them to hide out till they're about 30 miles away from a juicy target, and then attack? First the Chinook, which was brought down about 30 miles from Boulder. Then the convoy, where the attack took place about 30 miles from Yermo, which we know is on Fort Irwin's outer defense perimeter (okay, 75 miles from Fort Irwin proper, but I couldn't resist the 30 mile comparison).
LOL Maybe they get impatient. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

7oddisdead
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM

:squint:

:hsugh:

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Who thinks the end of season three will end the Maller story arc? And leave season four open for the sole antagonist... Ink

7oddisdead
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Who thinks the end of season three will end the Maller story arc? And leave season four open for the sole antagonist... Ink

mallers as we have known them?...yes. I could see a small group of them left afterwhatever happens next....say, a dozen or so...with of course scratch at the head, tar as the second...just as it should have been from the start. the large force they once were ended even before they took the colony..now I'm sure their number are even less

But scratch will still be around...no way is she done yet

Cabbage Patch
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM
mallers as we have known them?...yes. I could see a small group of them left afterwhatever happens next....say, a dozen or so...with of course scratch at the head, tar as the second...just as it should have been from the start. the large force they once were ended even before they took the colony..now I'm sure their number are even less

But scratch will still be around...no way is she done yet

Scratch is too good a character not to make it to the end of the series, all the way to the final episode. Not the final scene, that's for whatever Tower survivors remain, but close.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Scratch is too good a character not to make it to the end of the series, all the way to the final episode. Not the final scene, that's for whatever Tower survivors remain, but close.

Yeah I agree, Scratch will most likely and hopefully outlast season three. But do you think she will take place over Ink as lead antagonist?

nikvoodoo
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah I agree, Scratch will most likely and hopefully outlast season three. But do you think she will take place over Ink as lead antagonist?

I'd argue she is the lead antagonist and has been from pretty much her first appearance. By "screen time" alone she's the lead antagonist.

Pillars
Oct 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Scratch is the embodiment of the human vs human struggle that makes the survival stories good. Human vs zombie is the vehicle, human vs human is the passenger.

HardKor
Oct 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm wondering...was it ever stated how many soldiers are at Irwin? I know they said there were like 8200 at Boulder (correct me if I'm wrong on that). So does that mean there more at Irwin or fewer? Because if we're talking about more soldiers than Boulder's 8200 at Irwin, that's a pretty big defense force against the Inklings. Although nothing comes easy in We're Alive and the worst case scenario usually finds a way of happening. And it pretty much rules out any chance of the Mallers trying to attack Irwin unless Irwin gets so decimated that there's pretty much no one left.
But if there's only a small reserve force at Irwin and the bulk was in Boulder...well that's a different story now isn't it?

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Me.

As for radioactive Little Ones: It does not matter anymore, does it? Reason: The Little Ones attacking the survivors from Boulder are standard issue Little Ones from Boulder, thus "!Soldier Little Ones!" and "Refugee Little Ones".

As for two Sat Phones: No, too much of a coincidence. Also: The crew from L.A. left only one dead body, right? Why would a single person keep two sat-phones on him? Saul and Victor only found one device; and they did not search the chopper landing site thoroughly a second time. No: there is no second sat-phone - at least not one with the Irwin-phone-number in its memory.

All the best!
Liam

wh33t
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:49 PM

I doubt it. The only reason I doubt it is that that is exactly what I want to happen...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Should be in bed. Typing while half awake or half sleep, what ever. What if an Inkling bit a biter?
OK G'night

PS, Kegs or Pelly were with the group that joined the batch of 1200 before they were attacked.

MHarri10
Oct 17th, 2012, 03:45 AM

I'm calling it, Scratch and Tower guys have to join forces during the final few episodes of the show to face Ink and his final wave of infected evolved soldiers! We've not seen the worse of the lil ones just yet!

Bullethead
Oct 17th, 2012, 05:39 AM
The colony is much further southwest.

Thank you, was not sure.

"The Box" is the local nickname for the training area immediately surrounding Fort Irwin.

Thank you, for some reason in my mind it was some place a bit further away than Irwin.

I found that a little jarring. In most of the earlier satphone conversations the Fort Irwin end started the call with a challenge, looking for a password response. Even in the heat of the battle for Boulder the person answering the phone was circumspect in how they answered the line. Now, suddenly, Michael is a chatterbox?

Precisely, though he has no way of knowing Scratch is on the other line, you all and I know she has a great memory and will recognize that voice. So for that reason I am concerned with his lack of protocol.

Though you're right that it only works when people are properly briefed there are secondary protocols to follow when the challenge and pass are incorrect. If it is say a bumbling nervous wreck with a sat phone like Datu, Irwin can work with the person in question meet him at some random site and asses if he should come back to Irwin. However if its some psycho like our dear gal Scratch, they again can arrange a meet in a random spot, asses the person in question, and leave her ass to die. Thus the reason why we have Challenge and Pass.

Now that he has exposed his location, regardless of the other end of the line knowing who he is, they know that there is someone at Irwin. Someone with some sophisticated technology. All the mystery person needs is a map and means of travel and Irwin is no longer as safe as it once was.

Finally,

Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think KC has come down pretty hard on radioactive zombies, and no.
^^This^^

2bgood
Oct 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM

I know I didn't get how everyone keeps saying in 8 months they can't get could at shooting guns. I mean if your life depends on you daily shooting targets in the head, you get good at it even if you don't get to 'practice'. It is like saying it is super fake they have good cardio as they don't get any treadmill time.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Should be in bed. Typing while half awake or half sleep, what ever. What if an Inkling bit a biter?
OK G'night

PS, Kegs or Pelly were with the group that joined the batch of 1200 before they were attacked.

Have a good night's sleep, WD! :)

Privateer
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I was just spitballing re two SatPhones. Someone made a good point. How would an inkling have the self control and strategic thinking to hang onto a car for half an hour, waiting. I would imagine in this case it was a slow turner or loved one that shoved a turned someone in their trunk or something, cause maybe Irwin has the cure! (Sentiment is the leading cause of death among zombpocolypse survivors.) But, its an issue. You have the inklings retain /ttoo/ much higher function, too many memories, and why on Earth would they not retain some semblance of loyalty and ethical thought as well?

Privateer
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Predictions for the future though:

1) Boulder is overrun, Kimmet eats his gun or blows the nuke and makes a Valiant sacrifice in doing so. The KODI is a Macguffin to get the Pelican working again, which will be used to fly a group of survivors back to LA, possibly to Dunbar possibly to the Colony. And by group, I mean about 20.

Fact is, I don't believe the Colony is big enough to house even half of Irwin without a severe reduction in population.

2) Someone else has a SatPhone. Which was used by an officer, Kimmet's neice. What other numbers might be in its memory? Could it be used to hold Irwin hostage? Thats more of a pondering then a prediction, but no ones gone on about that.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM

The mallers and especially Scratch are a completely different threat than Ink and his zombies. Scratch is the elemental force of evil, she will even sacrifice her life if it allows her to have her revenge on Pegs, Michael and the others. In contrast to that, Ink plans rationally, he assess the risks and thinks strategically. In my opinion, if either one of these two threats is over, WA would become a bit less interesting because it thrives on this constant change.

YABC out.

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I'm out for two days and this is what I come back to, 20 pages of comments? Shit. I'm just going to hold my tongue on the predictions this time around. I will say that it was an incredible episode! I loved the action, the drama, and the comedy, all neatly packed into a 19 minute episode.

GREAT JOB!

Fucking Kimmet. I wonder how many civilians were killed in those explosions from the rockets. I'm glad Michael convinced him to leave them alone. I can understand the temptation to want to blow up as much of the threat as possible, but since Michael was there to see the situation I think he made the right call.

The part with Datu, "I have no idea what I'm doing!" Awesome. I loved that bit. And then to have him bring up the line, "You've got tanks and shit, right?" That was a bit of nostalgia. I liked Michael's response, "Yeah, this time we do." And then you had the music with that sort of military drum roll. AH! I loved it! Looks like we're going to war with the biters!

I was also very excited to hear the SAT phone ringing. I was expecting it and almost got pissed when I thought the episode was going to end without hearing from the SAT phone. Now as to who has it, I can't guess. It could be that Saul has it, but that situation seems too happy and perfectly working for me. It could be that for whatever reason, CJ might have taken it back to Glenn, but can't be certain on that either. Then there is the chance that Scratch got a hold of it, but then we'd have to assume her group captured Saul or CJ and made them spill the beans about that mission objective when they could have just easily said, "We only really came to the colony to get Lizzy back."

So my money is on Saul or CJ making the call, with Glenn's help of course.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
One technical question.

The "Pelican" helicopter has yet be repaired by Datu (yeah, hail King Datu the Resourceful!). Let's pretend that he fixes the chopter in time, is there not just another problem with the jet fuel in its tank? I read that a lot of aircraft tanks nowadays are affected by the Amorphothecaceae fungus. It lives in the tank and consumes the alkanes contained in the fuel which renders the fuel useless. The fungus' growth and its metabolic products causes corrosion inside the fuel lines. So even if Datu is able to repair the chopter, will it take off in time?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm out for two days and this is what I come back to, 20 pages of comments? Shit. I'm just going to hold my tongue on the predictions this time around. I will say that it was an incredible episode! I loved the action, the drama, and the comedy, all neatly packed into a 19 minute episode.

GREAT JOB!

Fucking Kimmet. I wonder how many civilians were killed in those explosions from the rockets. I'm glad Michael convinced him to leave them alone. I can understand the temptation to want to blow up as much of the threat as possible, but since Michael was there to see the situation I think he made the right call.

The part with Datu, "I have no idea what I'm doing!" Awesome. I loved that bit. And then to have him bring up the line, "You've got tanks and shit, right?" That was a bit of nostalgia. I liked Michael's response, "Yeah, this time we do." And then you had the music with that sort of military drum roll. AH! I loved it! Looks like we're going to war with the biters!

I was also very excited to hear the SAT phone ringing. I was expecting it and almost got pissed when I thought the episode was going to end without hearing from the SAT phone. Now as to who has it, I can't guess. It could be that Saul has it, but that situation seems too happy and perfectly working for me. It could be that for whatever reason, CJ might have taken it back to Glenn, but can't be certain on that either. Then there is the chance that Scratch got a hold of it, but then we'd have to assume her group captured Saul or CJ and made them spill the beans about that mission objective when they could have just easily said, "We only really came to the colony to get Lizzy back."

So my money is on Saul or CJ making the call, with Glenn's help of course.

How about:

The group is held hostage and CJ is let go to returned back to the tower, Scratch doesn't know who CJ is so that could cause her to think in just a nobody survivor from the tower not the other tower. She told to get connect with whom ever and get the "murderer" back here. She and Glenn repairs the SATPhone and called Michael about the situation at the colony. ( I even don't think Scratch would want the new tower since it so close to the Ink. )

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
How would an inkling have the self control and strategic thinking to hang onto a car for half an hour, waiting.

Because we had one that hung on a chopper for hours before taking it down? Although it was kind of funny to have one flying over the Rockies and lacking the patience to get to the buffet, I don't see much of a difference between a chopper and a car if it comes to a Little One clutching- and later-on-attacking a vehicle ... ;)

As for Michael and behaving strange on the Sat Phone; I thought about it for a while. And I guess something like this could have happened in the "world of thoughts" of Michae.
"WTF? A call from a sat-phone we lost about two weeks ago? It was on a dead body? Someone's calling ... But who? Saul, Burt? Skittles? The Mallers? Just survivors?"
That is why he receives the call and tells the other end something aling this line: "You are calling military services. What's up?" And with that he hpes to achieve some things:
"If Mallers call, they know they are in deep shit now; if it is just survivors, they'll be happy to have America's best boys online; and if it is Saul or Burt, well ... I consider them being survivors for now ... So let's see, what happens ..."

Thus I am not so confused about what Michael does there ...

All the best!
Liam

Bullethead
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
How about:

The group is held hostage and CJ is let go to returned back to the tower, Scratch doesn't know who CJ is so that could cause her to think in just a nobody survivor from the tower not the other tower. She told to get connect with whom ever and get the "murderer" back here. She and Glenn repairs the SATPhone and called Michael about the situation at the colony. ( I even don't think Scratch would want the new tower since it so close to the Ink. )

This is a good thought, I imagine someone would have to go with her, I can't see Scratch just taking CJ's word that she'll be back. She doesn't know her, no telling if holding Saul hostage will be enough to keep her honest. So if say Tardust or someone is with CJ as she makes the call it becomes interesting how or if she will be able to warn Michael what lay ahead at the Colony.

all speculation of course.^^

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
How about:

Well, really anything is possible, but I think that situation is a bit unlikely. I don't see Scratch as the type to let anyone go unless she has leverage over them. If she doesn't know a thing about CJ, then she'll probably send Saul back to Glenn, knowing that she can use Lizzy as leverage.

Pillars
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Do you guys think the naval base in Long Beach is big enough to hold the Irwin/Boulder refugees? Or if they can use some sort of naval ship to ferry over to Catalina or the island below it? We know that Catalina had zombies on it but they were swimming towards mainland due to starvation. That was months ago so Catalina is most likely clear by now. Thoughts?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Story-wise, I doubt it's Scratch on the phone. If so, then that would have made a more gut-wrenching cliff hanger than just the phone ringing.

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Well ... This especially depends on Scratch having the leverage with Lizzy ... But she does not. Saul already communicated with Lizzy; and she is with Victor. Scratch did not care about Lizzy when hell broke loose, so Scratch has absolutely no idea about where Lizzy is, what she is about to do and that Saul is in The Colony as well ... And as soon as she realizes, it is too late ...
Not absolutely unlikely, and yet I don't see something like this coming. Scratch is not in the position to take advantage; any time she did, she was in full control of things; but this time ... No, I don't see it ...

Considering the stories to be told in The Colony, there is plenty of stuff happening: We have the Lizzy-Saul-unification, we have the CJ-Gatekeeper as unsolved complication so far, we have the Burt-situation, and finally the whole The Colony civil war thing going on; and yes, all this needs to end with someone calling Fort Irwin ... No, it is not Scratch. Maybe Lizzy and Saul get imprisoned in The Colony; maybe CJ will cross everyone when she realizes that Saul and Victor lied to her about the whole Sean-thing and she even might start to support The Mallers (unlikely) ... In such worse case scenarios I then see someone like Victor or (in a better world) CJ getting to Glen and giving him the spare parts in order to make the call. Then the story would turn into the direction of the US-best-boys rescuing their comrades, some other civilians while busting Scratch back to hell ... This, too, would give them the opportunity to get The Colony as a refugee-camp for all the civilians in Fort Irwin (The Colony is way better for it then Fort Irwin, as I understand it...).
And again: I don't see it coming that Kc's gonna leave us with so many new complications ...

All the best!
Liam

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM

so... you were in boulder?

ah keed, ah keed. love you niky.

stat
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Story-wise, I doubt it's Scratch on the phone. If so, then that would have made a more gut-wrenching cliff hanger than just the phone ringing.
Good point. If it had been Scratch, why wait until next time to reveal that? We'd all be much more worried if we knew for sure that Scratch had someone (and for good reason.)

As it stands, I'm not really fearing the reveal of the voice on the other line. I'm fascinated and impatient to find out who it is. However, if I'd heard Scratch's voice, I'd be wildly speculating about how Victor and CJ were going to make it out alive because I dread what Scratch might do to them. (I'm almost 100% sure that Lizzy and Saul make it because we've heard about things that only Lizzy witnessed and things that only Saul witnessed. Unless Scratch captures them, forces them to write comprehensive logs and those logs are stolen by someone else and brought to Michael, they probably make it to safety. Of course, this eventuality leaves the fate of some of my favorite characters up in the air, which I don't love, but it may help to reestablish core group from the Tower--sans Angel.)

UndeadSweeper
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well ... This especially depends on Scratch having the leverage with Lizzy ... But she does not. Saul already communicated with Lizzy; and she is with Victor. Scratch did not care about Lizzy when hell broke loose, so Scratch has absolutely no idea about where Lizzy is, what she is about to do and that Saul is in The Colony as well ... And as soon as she realizes, it is too late ...
Not absolutely unlikely, and yet I don't see something like this coming. Scratch is not in the position to take advantage; any time she did, she was in full control of things; but this time ... No, I don't see it ...

Considering the stories to be told in The Colony, there is plenty of stuff happening: We have the Lizzy-Saul-unification, we have the CJ-Gatekeeper as unsolved complication so far, we have the Burt-situation, and finally the whole The Colony civil war thing going on; and yes, all this needs to end with someone calling Fort Irwin ... No, it is not Scratch. Maybe Lizzy and Saul get imprisoned in The Colony; maybe CJ will cross everyone when she realizes that Saul and Victor lied to her about the whole Sean-thing and she even might start to support The Mallers (unlikely) ... In such worse case scenarios I then see someone like Victor or (in a better world) CJ getting to Glen and giving him the spare parts in order to make the call. Then the story would turn into the direction of the US-best-boys rescuing their comrades, some other civilians while busting Scratch back to hell ... This, too, would give them the opportunity to get The Colony as a refugee-camp for all the civilians in Fort Irwin (The Colony is way better for it then Fort Irwin, as I understand it...).
And again: I don't see it coming that Kc's gonna leave us with so many new complications ...

All the best!
Liam

Would it be an odd thing if the situation between Kimmet and Michael blow-up to the point that Michael take the Pelican and head to LA. It's his bird now not the military. Or Irwin is overrun and the last of them leave with the bird to LA if they find out about the other tower.

Hoff4D
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I doubt it. The only reason I doubt it is that that is exactly what I want to happen...

x2, thats what I want, so it's not happening....

I'm calling it, Scratch and Tower guys have to join forces during the final few episodes of the show to face Ink and his final wave of infected evolved soldiers! We've not seen the worse of the lil ones just yet!

I doubt that from the standpoint of "What makes the mallers more capable than the soldiers?"....aside from location. Even then...Ft. Irwin should be worlds about the colony in defense precautions. The only way I see this happening is if Ft. Irwin is decimated and we're left with our tower crew in the pelican heading for the colony. But at that point, we've reduced humanity even further than this nuke did...we're looking at what...1,000 people at best?

Hoff4D
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Because we had one that hung on a chopper for hours before taking it down? Although it was kind of funny to have one flying over the Rockies and lacking the patience to get to the buffet, I don't see much of a difference between a chopper and a car if it comes to a Little One clutching- and later-on-attacking a vehicle ... ;)

As for Michael and behaving strange on the Sat Phone; I thought about it for a while. And I guess something like this could have happened in the "world of thoughts" of Michae.
"WTF? A call from a sat-phone we lost about two weeks ago? It was on a dead body? Someone's calling ... But who? Saul, Burt? Skittles? The Mallers? Just survivors?"
That is why he receives the call and tells the other end something aling this line: "You are calling military services. What's up?" And with that he hpes to achieve some things:
"If Mallers call, they know they are in deep shit now; if it is just survivors, they'll be happy to have America's best boys online; and if it is Saul or Burt, well ... I consider them being survivors for now ... So let's see, what happens ..."

Thus I am not so confused about what Michael does there ...

All the best!
Liam

I dunno, he doesnt realize the call is from LA until AFTER he says "This is Ft. Irwin Command"....so i don't think that reaction is right. I think he was just frazzled from the soon-to-come onslaught and answered without a call phrase for some reason.I still think that is out of character for him ( I think he keeps his cool in the commotion more than most and should do a check for who it is first), so I'm still a little put-off by it....but its plausible

wh33t
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Good point. If it had been Scratch, why wait until next time to reveal that? We'd all be much more worried if we knew for sure that Scratch had someone (and for good reason.)

As it stands, I'm not really fearing the reveal of the voice on the other line. I'm fascinated and impatient to find out who it is. However, if I'd heard Scratch's voice, I'd be wildly speculating about how Victor and CJ were going to make it out alive because I dread what Scratch might do to them. (I'm almost 100% sure that Lizzy and Saul make it because we've heard about things that only Lizzy witnessed and things that only Saul witnessed. Unless Scratch captures them, forces them to write comprehensive logs and those logs are stolen by someone else and brought to Michael, they probably make it to safety. Of course, this eventuality leaves the fate of some of my favorite characters up in the air, which I don't love, but it may help to reestablish core group from the Tower--sans Angel.)

Haven't we all taboo'd the idea that we only hear narration from survivors or their journal entries? Don't we hear a lot of on-goings in the story despite no journal recording of such? Like Angel dying for example?

I also see a lot of comments about how humanity is now on the endangered species list. We still don't have a confirmation that life isn't flourishing elsewhere on the planet right? I know that Hawaii apparently had biters as well but does that mean we all just assume that everywhere on the planet had it? If that's true what the hell kind of infection, virus, phenomena are we dealing with here?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Haven't we all taboo'd the idea that we only hear narration from survivors or their journal entries? Don't we hear a lot of on-goings in the story despite no journal recording of such? Like Angel dying for example?

Technically, it was. Remember it was on video.

wh33t
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Technically, it was. Remember it was on video.

Hrm... does that mean I have to go through and listen to the entire series just to see if this rule is consistent? Maybe KC could or already has commented on this.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hrm... does that mean I have to go through and listen to the entire series just to see if this rule is consistent? Maybe KC could or already has commented on this.

Now that you mention it, there has been time where they use video cam or recorder. Tanya's examination and Liz ride to the Arena come to mind.

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
so... you were in boulder?

ah keed, ah keed. love you niky.

Yer funny.....bastard.... ;)

corneilious jones
Oct 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
sounds good to me, scratch needs to die a horrible death.

Condor
Oct 17th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm wondering...was it ever stated how many soldiers are at Irwin? I know they said there were like 8200 at Boulder (correct me if I'm wrong on that). So does that mean there more at Irwin or fewer? Because if we're talking about more soldiers than Boulder's 8200 at Irwin, that's a pretty big defense force against the Inklings. Although nothing comes easy in We're Alive and the worst case scenario usually finds a way of happening. And it pretty much rules out any chance of the Mallers trying to attack Irwin unless Irwin gets so decimated that there's pretty much no one left.
But if there's only a small reserve force at Irwin and the bulk was in Boulder...well that's a different story now isn't it?
Not sure of the number at the time of attack, but when Michael first arrives at Irwin and get "drafted" by Kimmet, Kimmet says there are about 2000 on base, 200 training in "the box", & 182 out in the field. He mentions most of the soldiers are at Boulder for defending the 150,000 civilians there. Also, by what he said, I'm under the impression there was a steady rotation of troops to/from Boulder.

As for two Sat Phones: No, too much of a coincidence. Also: The crew from L.A. left only one dead body, right? Why would a single person keep two sat-phones on him? Saul and Victor only found one device; and they did not search the chopper landing site thoroughly a second time. No: there is no second sat-phone - at least not one with the Irwin-phone-number in its memory.
Who says the caller is human, not that I believe that theory but the 2nd phone could have been on the chopper that went down.

Not sure if it's been consistent, but Angel's death was witnessed by Bricks, who then told Lizzy the story, so she could have recorded it in a journal.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
sounds good to me, scratch needs to die a horrible death.

I'm picturing something dramatic and heroic for Scratch's end. Maybe riding the nuke as it falls from Peg's helicopter onto Ink's last bastion, Dr. Strangelove style. The last thing she hears is the satphone ringing as the bomb is triggered.

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Not sure if it's been consistent, but Angel's death was witnessed by Bricks, who then told Lizzy the story, so she could have recorded it in a journal.
Angel's death was recorded by tardust. So was the initial reveal of Burt afterwards I believe. That's how we were able to witness it. Remember when we first pick up on that scene? It's Tardust blowing into the camera asking if it was working and you hear it as if it was on playback then transitions to "real time".

Now....as of this moment I know of 1 (possibly 2) specific loophole/inconsistency in the journal based narrative, but otherwise it's been very clearly true that the journal/recording has to happen to tell the story. Correct guess on the loophole/inconsistency example and you gets rep!

7oddisdead
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Angel's death was recorded by tardust. So was the initial reveal of Burt afterwards I believe. That's how we were able to witness it. Remember when we first pick up on that scene? It's Tardust blowing into the camera asking if it was working and you hear it as if it was on playback then transitions to "real time".

Now....as of this moment I know of 1 (possibly 2) specific loophole/inconsistency in the journal based narrative, but otherwise it's been very clearly true that the journal/recording has to happen to tell the story. Correct guess on the loophole/inconsistency example and you gets rep!

scratch and latch in the clothing store "shopping"...first thing to come to mind...

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Who says the caller is human, not that I believe that theory but the 2nd phone could have been on the chopper that went down.

You mean the Chinook that went down, because #2 attacked it? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember another chopper being downed - at least not one that was mentioned.
The people on Robinns' Blackhawk were surprised when Carl took out his Sat; therefore I think these devices are a rare ressource.
Also I remember Glenn saying something along the line that the sat-phones require to be adjusted to the network they are supposed to work with.

No, I still don't see them sat-phones multiplying everywhere just to open up new story-options.

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:10 AM
scratch and latch in the clothing store "shopping"...first thing to come to mind...

That's the only thing that comes to mind for me but I think that Sauls shows up then.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Other than the Scratch and Latch at the clothing store, there is Scratch and Latch talking about Burt, Lizzie and Saul during their stand off.

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 04:29 AM

Ah I didn't think of that! my mind was strictly in LA area.

You mean the Chinook that went down, because #2 attacked it? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember another chopper being downed - at least not one that was mentioned.
The people on Robinns' Blackhawk were surprised when Carl took out his Sat; therefore I think these devices are a rare ressource.
Also I remember Glenn saying something along the line that the sat-phones require to be adjusted to the network they are supposed to work with.

No, I still don't see them sat-phones multiplying everywhere just to open up new story-options.

All the best!
Liam

Not saying one is just multiplying, Condor is saying there was one on the chopper that picked up the LA team. Remember it was sent straight to Boulder after the team got attacked. It is possible one of the crew on the chopper had a SAT phone to contact both the team on the ground and back to boulder.

So if we run with this theory who do you think picked it up? Kelly? Pegs? Grigs? gasp...The Mayor??

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 05:54 AM

That's the only thing that comes to mind for me but I think that Sauls shows up then.

Other than the Scratch and Latch at the clothing store, there is Scratch and Latch talking about Burt, Lizzie and Saul during their stand off.

The Clothing store conversation is implied that Saul overheard them as he found their car and then we get that scene. The same could be said for the stand off that they could be heard. Then again, maybe Scratch joins the fold and writes a journal later on......Rep anyway as those are borderline cases!

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
The Clothing store conversation is implied that Saul overheard them as he found their car and then we get that scene. The same could be said for the stand off that they could be heard. Then again, maybe Scratch joins the fold and writes a journal later on......Rep anyway as those are borderline cases!

I could be wrong, but the same narrative is taken when Scratch sacrifices/frames that one dude for 'losing a fuel truck'....Again, this is implied that it's Saul's perspective overhearing/spying on them, but it appears to take Scratch's direct account....perhaps she does join the fold!

Or the narrative idea can only go so far without annoying Kc for having to record everything from 20ft+ away, and he just simplified, I could buy that too

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
For this un-recorded part; the first time we meet Latch n Scratch, If memory serves, they are discussing what to do and how to handle the situation prior to being within ear shot of our heroes Burt/Saul/Lizzy right?

I would go back and listen but I can't seem to find the Episode Streamer on the main page anymore :(

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:31 AM
For this un-recorded part; the first time we meet Latch n Scratch, If memory serves, they are discussing what to do and how to handle the situation prior to being within ear shot of our heroes Burt/Saul/Lizzy right?

I would go back and listen but I can't seem to find the Episode Streamer on the main page anymore :(

I think that's exactly what Nikvoodoo/Witch_Doctor are talkin about when they refer to the stand-off with burt/saul/lizzy

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I think that's exactly what Nikvoodoo/Witch_Doctor are talkin about when they refer to the stand-off with burt/saul/lizzy

Doh, my bad

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Doh, my bad

It happens

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:58 AM

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/episodes/

Not exactly streaming in the way it was before, but you can still listen.

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:25 AM

the season 3(? i can't remember what season we're in. last season) finale where scratch finds burt and the others after the tower fell.

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
the season 3(? i can't remember what season we're in. last season) finale where scratch finds burt and the others after the tower fell.

That's one of them (that was my "possibly" one I had thought of last night when I posted this question). But there's one huge one left.

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Yea, I guess we'd get Burt's account since he's still alive, and much to Nik's dismay going to prevail. But it doesnt seem like Burt is around since she says "Put him with the old man" when referring to Angel, and Angel is dead so we don't get his side...if he's even conscious enough to give it....So either Burt is within earshot, or perhaps Scratch, yet again, joins us in the end...

It can't be lizzie recounting this, even tho she is with the mallers, since she had no clue they found either of them until Bricks told her...and we don't hear him detail their discovery

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:14 AM
That's one of them (that was my "possibly" one I had thought of last night when I posted this question). But there's one huge one left.

Repping this beacues you have ME stumped.

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Repping this beacues you have ME stumped.

i love your sig, i could totally see an abbot and costello bit coming out of that
which doctor?
yeah witch doctor.
that's what i'm asking, which doctor?
who's on first?

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM

dang, i can't think of it.

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm assuming that since the caravan and Datu & Hope were able to make the drive to Ft. Irwin quite unhindered that all the flesh biters between here and there have been rendered immobile or close to immobile due to the cold? Looking at a map, the distance between Boulder and Ft. Irwin is insane. Wouldn't the freeway have been cluttered with cars?

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm assuming that since the caravan and Datu & Hope were able to make the drive to Ft. Irwin quite unhindered that all the flesh biters between here and there have been rendered immobile or close to immobile due to the cold? Looking at a map, the distance between Boulder and Ft. Irwin is insane. Wouldn't the freeway have been cluttered with cars?

well, it depends, what major cities are there between irwin and boulder and why would they have been traveling between the two? in short, all of the roadways outside of major cities (and i mean by some distance) would be clear, since most were trapped in the city, especially out west where you have so much space between the different cities.

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Could be the Army corps of engineers had cleared it specifically for transporting survivors to boulder back in the day?

Im a little curious as to why the secondary route, the one Datu took by following the jerk who attempted to hijack them, was already plowed.

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm personally a little interested in the abandonded hummer....when/why/how etc....

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM
well, it depends, what major cities are there between irwin and boulder and why would they have been traveling between the two? in short, all of the roadways outside of major cities (and i mean by some distance) would be clear, since most were trapped in the city, especially out west where you have so much space between the different cities.

Ah, good point. I just took a quick glimpse of the distance. I'm too lazy to actually look up what cities lie between them. But I am going to assume you are right. I don't think KC would overlook something like this, especially when our heroes were trying to flee California and found so much congestion. Since it was brought up then, I'm thinking that the freeway between Boulder and Ft. Irwin must be fairly clear of traffic and debris.

Could be the Army corps of engineers had cleared it specifically for transporting survivors to boulder back in the day?

Im a little curious as to why the secondary route, the one Datu took by following the jerk who attempted to hijack them, was already plowed.

That's also likely. I'm sure that they would want to create a safe route between Boulder and Irwin so that supplies and people didn't have to rely on a C-130 for travel.

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Random thought of the day:

Started yet ANOTHER relisten to the whole series, when describing Saul, Michael says he came from the mountain division....couldn't handle the cold.

1 - a nod to future setting?

2 - Sauls got the base virus and would freeze in the cold, hence hating it so much, lol

3 - Saul stayed in the colony for the climactic reasons, it goes way deeper than Lizzy's bun in the oven.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm personally a little interested in the abandonded hummer....when/why/how etc....

Let's see if we can build the story around the clues:

It's was dead but no blood on the hummer.
There were bullets left, but it wasn't the casing.
It seem to be there for a while.
All the doors were open.

Maybe the hummer just died and the troopers were more to another transportation.
Odd that no one came by bring it back to the base for repair.

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Random thought of the day:

Started yet ANOTHER relisten to the whole series, when describing Saul, Michael says he came from the mountain division....couldn't handle the cold.

1 - a nod to future setting?

2 - Sauls got the base virus and would freeze in the cold, hence hating it so much, lol

3 - Saul stayed in the colony for the climactic reasons, it goes way deeper than Lizzy's bun in the oven.

or the fact that he's black. black people have more melanin in their skin which reflects sunlight, so he would be more suited to a sunnier, and warmer, environment than say a colder climate where it also tends to be cloudier, and where he would be more susceptible to sun deprivation based illness. on the reverse, us white folk can better live in places with a lot of cloud cover, because we have less skin pigment and absorb more sunlight, making better use of the time when the sun is actually out. germany, for my brief years there, was cloudy like, all the time, and also pretty cold. then again, some people just don't like the cold

Cabbage Patch
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Corporal Puck couldn’t believe how badly he’s fouled things up. It was supposed to be a simple supply run to the outpost outside Yermo, just drop off some recruits and a couple of truckloads of supplies. But something had gone wrong, and now he and his little convoy were lost on a lonesome stretch of highway.

He looked to the private driving the hummer. “Pull over, I need to check the map”. It only took a moment to confirm the ugly truth, he should have turned right when he hit I-40, not left!

“Driver, what’s your name? Did you catch that road sign back behind us?”

“It’s Carl, corporal. The sign said Newberry Springs”. That was bad! They’d gone a good 30 miles in the wrong direction, and they were deep in un-patrolled territory.

Thinking fast, Puck announced, “Okay, we’re at the limit of our patrol. Let’s turn around and head back to the outpost”. Carl put the hummer in gear and started a wide turn, the three 5-ton trucks following slowly.

But just as the hummer reached the edge of the road everything went to hell. The 50 caliber on the lead 5-ton opened fire, shooting over the top of the hummer. Carl, startled, let go fo the wheel and the hummer careened into the ditch by the side of the road. He threw it into reverse, but they were in too deep a hole to get out under their own power.

Puck was out in a flash, looking in the direction that the truck was still firing. Zombies. A whole field full of them moving toward the freeway.

“Everybody out,” he shouted to Carl and the three recruits crammed in the back. “Grab your shit and get in the trucks...now!”

Carl grabbed his rifle, but somehow released the magazine, which fell base-first to the floor well, ejecting 5.56mm rounds around the cabin. Carl grabbed the emptied magazine and started to collect the rounds, but stopped when he heard Puck shout for him to, “Leave them!”.

As his little convoy sped away from the abandoned hummer Puck couldn’t help wondering how he was going to explain all this to Colonel Kimmet.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM
or the fact that he's black. black people have more melanin in their skin which reflects sunlight, so he would be more suited to a sunnier, and warmer, environment than say a colder climate where it also tends to be cloudier, and where he would be more susceptible to sun deprivation based illness. on the reverse, us white folk can better live in places with a lot of cloud cover, because we have less skin pigment and absorb more sunlight, making better use of the time when the sun is actually out. germany, for my brief years there, was cloudy like, all the time, and also pretty cold. then again, some people just don't like the cold

I'm Hispanic and I live in Buffalo. Explain that. O_o

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM

There would also be more black non-zoms. Thank goodness this is the most civil forum on the planet. I can see this topic going into so many horrible directions on any other forum.

Rep to everyone!

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I'm Hispanic and I live in Buffalo. Explain that. O_o

i didn't say it was a rule, i just said it may contribute to his dislike of the cold. i'm a pretty pale white boy but i hate the cold. besides, the whole melanin thing is a biological fact, that is it's purpose.

reaper239
Oct 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
There would also be more black non-zoms. Thank goodness this is the most civil forum on the planet. I can see this topic going into so many horrible directions on any other forum.

Rep to everyone!

true that, but i figured since the two most volatile members of the fourm (osi and myself) have reached an understanding towards each other, and the rest of the folks here are intelligent and open minded enough to not fly off the handle, i figured it was safe to mention.