PDA

View Full Version : The Special K Problem

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Today, while I was changing my car's tires, an idea started to diffuse through my cerebrum. Is there more to it than meets the eye regarding the fact that each character whose first name starts with K is, to say, rather annoying?

Kelly, lawyer, very annoying and emotionless at the beginning
Kalani, mole, Burt's ass-kisser, a stubborn guy
Kimmet, WA's Duke Nukem

Is it just a coincidence or is it part of a larger plan? :p

Gfresh
Oct 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Then there's KC, so annoying that he doesn't give us enough We're Alive :squint:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Is KC not an acronym?

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I don't know if Kc is an acronym; does it matter anyway? Because etill: He is called Kc ...

Besides that:
- Kelly has evolved to become kind of liked by more people then in the beginning; actually she saved Michael's life at least twice, which makes her as awesome as other heroes and heroins in this story, although it does not show up so well.
- And Kalani is kind of awesome, cool, the big tragic hero over here ... Maybe even he is the one foreshadowing the end of humankind: Whatever you do, you'll end up dead, no matter how hard you try to safe the lives of the ones you love ...

So: No, there is no K-problem ...

All the best!
Liam

Duffusmonkey
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
So Kerrington.. Doesn't think his "K"'s stink!

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM
+1

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
@Liam

I should have known better. :) You seem to have a soft spot for lawyers. Kelly was a real pain in the ass at the beginning. Of course she evolved over time, but her very first actions were anything but a stress test for the people in the tower.

I would not call Kalani a tragic hero, he accepted the death toll caused by him (in-)directly, he did his own thing without even trying to confide in - for example - Michael. Yeah, he was in a desperate situation, but each of his actions constantly worsened it.

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Sweet spot for lawyers ... You bet: The opposite is true ...

ashoggoth
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sometimes I really want to feel that all of the things noticed are part of a larger plan...but this one I'm not sure on. What about other characters with the same starting letter then? Like Pippin and Puck...and Paul?

Some dramatic music might help there.

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
*dramatic music*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXdyD2Yzls

*dunn Dunn DUNNNN!!!*

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
@Liam: Great. By the way, I am not allowed to give you any reputation at the moment. The system just says no. Sorry!

This might be appropriate as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eylWoZYwWvc

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah, Stealth Cat is awesome ... Wait! What??? Stealth cat???

Reminds me of ...

Mr. Whiskers! Where's that cat??? And it's an "K" in it ... Maybe THAT'S the problem ...