PDA

View Full Version : "Out of Every 100 Men..."

Leedo2502
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I came accross this quote attributed to Hericlitus:

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

So where do you think certain characters fall in that scheme?

Pegs for sure is in the 10 that shouldn't be there along with Datu, Hope and Latch.
Angel is part of the 80 that are targets along with Reiley and CJ (I'm sure I'll catch flak for CJ but to me she is horrible at execution and not a real fighter, but an awesome planner)
Michael is a fighter along with Burt and Puck.
And the Warriors are Saul and Victor (the two of them together is an awesome combo in my opinion) and Scratch on the side of the Mallers.

I'd love to hear others thoughts on this!

Kermit_Killer
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Interesting - I would definitely have considered Burt as the warrior, albeit one with mediocre people skills. I think in the heat of things, he really shines. I could imagine him saying, "Crisis is easy! Its the day-to-day living that's hard..."

Scratch seems to gain followers out of fear of what she'll do to them if they don't follow her orders. If she becomes boss of the colony, I would guess that kind of leadership would result in a nightly exodus of inhabitants. She's probably too scary for anyone to attempt a coup.

Thought provoking post...

Jannit
Oct 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Targets: <br />
- Kelly - A strong character that we’ve gotten to hate and come to enjoy. The slow build up of her as someone we value in the plot makes her a reasonable character to kill off to maximize...