PDA

View Full Version : Calling all computer nerds! Can ya help a girl out?

awkwardalex
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Well I just spent four hours on hold with HP for them to tell me they cannot help me because I am off my two year warrenty. I feel it's natural that i am pissed off, I bought they're computer, say good things about it, take care of it, and bought the two year warrenty. All I want is a little help with a issue, it's not like I'm a dumbass who spilled water all over her computer, or dropped it down a flight of stairs. Okay yeah there is a lot of venting in there but yeah.

Can anyone give me a hand?

A month or so ago my HP Pavillion dv7 froze, and even the power button didn't turn it off. So I took out the battery, I had no choice. Then it turns back on after and I get this:
System Board OOA Product Information Not Valid
Product Name
Configuration
Serial number
Product Number
For help go to HP.com/go/techcenter/startup

The link is a page to the forum and nothing about how to fix this.

I've been looking and finding no help, then a few days ago I get this popup:

You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.

To use all Microsoft Windows features, such as all updates from Windows Update; get the latest updates and recieve product support, your copy of Microsoft Windows must be validated as geniune.

My microsoft is geniune, but the geniune website says different.

help?

Osiris
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0

awkwardalex
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Yes smart guy!

Osiris
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I'm out of ideas. No... wait... take it back to where you bought it and scream at them until they fix it.

nikvoodoo
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I dealt with this before with hp. Do you have your recovery discs still? If not, you should be able to order them again through hp. It's a stupid waste of money but At least you'll have a computer again

awkwardalex
Sep 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I dealt with this before with hp. Do you have your recovery discs still? If not, you should be able to order them again through hp. It's a stupid waste of money but At least you'll have a computer again

I never got discs with it. I might have to.

Osiris
Sep 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I just threw mine away and bought a new one.

awkwardalex
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Oh if I had the money I would, what with all the stuff they want me to buy to even tell me what to do. It would be more cost effective to buy a new one and get the two year warrenty.

reaper239
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM

my car ran out of gas, i guess it's time to get a new one.

Osiris
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:55 PM
my car ran out of gas, i guess it's time to get a new one.

No, but you'd need a new brain if you ran out of gas. Only women and rookies run out of gas. :hsugh:

turbo
Sep 17th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Found this online:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PCs-Pavilions-Presario/System-Board-OOA-Product-Information-Not-Valid/td-p/1122449#.UFe5N6TybL4

mem
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:34 AM
Found this online:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PCs-Pavilions-Presario/System-Board-OOA-Product-Information-Not-Valid/td-p/1122449#.UFe5N6TybL4

Great find there. I have this saved away in my memory bank in case someone brings me a laptop that has this issue.