PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 32 part 2: Captive Hearts

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Happy monday we're alivers!

New episode is out in about 5 hours. So....what you think? post your thoughts here.

7oddisdead
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'm ready!...i even have my podcast listening pants on!

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:17 AM
I am readyyyyy~:excited::omgomg:

As much as I like CJ, I think she'll freak out and go all psycho and/or have a break down. If not on her own, after finding out that Saul and Victor lied to her (well done, guys :rolleyes:)

And can I please have a Riley Going Badass moment? After 5 months of training she should be a BAMF by now.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Btw, I think Pete killed Saul's chicken...

thisonegirl
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM
:D :yay: So happy that I'm going to have the zombie podcast to listen to, instead of music that gets painfully stuck in my head. :mad:

thisonegirl
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Btw, I think Pete killed Saul's chicken...

I thought that maybe they both did to have chicken for dinner!

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I'm ready!...i even have my podcast listening pants on!

Better, I keep tell you that I only sweep zombies.

It was Pete, can't resist chicken wings, but with Witch Doctor, him and his "organic zombie" recipe.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Hi there,

wild guess: Since we haven't heard anything so far about Riley, Kelly, and Michael in Irwin or Pegs, Hope, Kelly, and Datu in the rescue camp so far, I would bet - against all odds - that we will learn something about what they were up to during the last four months ... This would also add some suspense to what's gonna happen at the Colony ... :D

All the best!
Liam

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Would like to hear a bit of what is going on at Ft. Irwin/Boulder but really want to hear the continuation of the Saul/CJ/Victor/Lizzy/Bricks story at The Colony, so I think a balance between the 2 for this episode would be good.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:26 AM

Glenn wouldn't do that willingly, but Pete? Without water he'll go in a downward spiral of chicken wings and sadness.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:28 AM
The best part will be once Saul gets Lizzie out of The Colony and go to Fort Irwin and Riley finds her alive and pregnant. Will Riley be overjoyed? Will she crumble from badass french rambo to weeping drunk? Will she finally come out of the closet?

Besides, it'll be part of the whole gang united again. That will warm my heart.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:49 AM
The best part will be once Saul gets Lizzie out of The Colony and go to Fort Irwin and Riley finds her alive and pregnant. Will Riley be overjoyed? Will she crumble from badass french rambo to weeping drunk? Will she finally come out of the closet?

Besides, it'll be part of the whole gang united again. That will warm my heart.

+1

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM
What really happen in the ultra-rare eps Chapter 32-1
(Glenn end his conversation over the police band)
Glenn: Pete, I told Saul that the chicken had died. I still don't think this a very good idea to fry it up. They will noticed the bones.
Pete: Don't worry a little white lie won't hurt anyone. Here have some bottle water and sit and have some.
(They start eating)
Glenn: Wow, these are some good wings.
Pete: Yeah, but not as good as a place I used to go to, Portillo, their food was the bomb!
Glenn: What do should want to do after this?
Pete: I heard Saul say he had a PS3 in the tower with Toy Story 3. I love play as Buzz Lightyear and shouting 'To infinity ... and Beyond!"

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:20 AM
What really happen in the ultra-rare eps Chapter 32-1
(Glenn end his conversation over the police band)
Glenn: Pete, I told Saul that the chicken had died. I still don't think this a very good idea to fry it up. They will noticed the bones.
Pete: Don't worry a little white lie won't hurt anyone. Here have some bottle water and sit and have some.
(They start eating)
Glenn: Wow, these are some good wings.
Pete: Yeah, but not as good as a place I used to go to, Portillo, their food was the bomb!
Glenn: What do should want to do after this?
Pete: I heard Saul say he had a PS3 in the tower with Toy Story 3. I love play as Buzz Lightyear and shouting 'To infinity ... and Beyond!"

Nothing to add, except for some garlic maybe ... :)

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:41 AM
The start of #32-2 is promissing ...

Witch_Doctor
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Two pages already and the episode is only 18 minutes old.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Two pages already and the episode is only 18 minutes old.

We were talk about who killed the chicken.... :squint:

Witch_Doctor
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah!!! Go CJ! Go! Zombie Apocalypse and she slips Saul the tongue!

That's like jumping up at a wedding and screaming, "I oppose! Marry me!!"

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yep, and another awesome cliffhanger ... "This might be a problem." *dunnnNNN*
+1

No, at first things went pretty smooth, didn't they. And obviously the Gatekeeper takes an important role - along with shovelface to some degree. Saul proves his skill in planning, and CJ plays with weirdly open cards ... But then, *dun dunnn DUNNNN!*, "This might be a problem."

:D

Liam

reaper239
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM
my thoughts as i listen:

oh boy, here we go, more WA-ishness on it's way

i am, sneaky sneaky sir.

sombitch, right, no shooting, i would've prolly just pulled the trigger.

really? a that's what she said? saul.

leg slice, nice.

collection? i want one. twitchy. not anymore.

gatekeeper seems oddly less creepy now. more human. tight control on medical services, nice.

give me a number dammit.

the key is to instill a sense of hope. after that, a few guns, some explosives, a synchronized coordinated action and the house of cards collapses.

she's trying so hard... wow, she just up and planted one on him. poor cj. FREEDOM!!! i really feel for her, she want's saul so bad. i'm sure that bit of exhibitionism a while back turned her on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's over... :( :_( sad panda

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
my thoughts as i listen:

oh boy, here we go, more WA-ishness on it's way

i am, sneaky sneaky sir.

sombitch, right, no shooting, i would've prolly just pulled the trigger.

really? a that's what she said? saul.

leg slice, nice.

collection? i want one. twitchy. not anymore.

gatekeeper seems oddly less creepy now. more human. tight control on medical services, nice.

give me a number dammit.

the key is to instill a sense of hope. after that, a few guns, some explosives, a synchronized coordinated action and the house of cards collapses.

she's trying so hard... wow, she just up and planted one on him. poor cj. FREEDOM!!! i really feel for her, she want's saul so bad. i'm sure that bit of exhibitionism a while back turned her on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's over... :( :_( sad panda

At least the lie done with. Gatekeeper killed Sean.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
CJ: "I gotta remember that move ...!"
=> +1

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:33 AM
DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGER! :mad:

Now I'll be surprised if anyone was surprised by CJ's confession.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Interesting. I'm wondering if Victor had the foresight to tell Gatekeeper, "You got a get out of jail free card for killing Sean. We told his ex-girlfriend that the prisoners did it." Hopefully that'll keep CJ from finding out she was lied, even though nothing can hide the truth. Poor CJ, she threw herself on Saul and was rejected. That has to feel terrible. But I'm very pleased to see my homeboy remaining faithful. I feel like there are a few characters set up to have some serious mental snapping.

1) Bricks could Hulk out if he has feelings for Lizzy and sees her go running into Saul's arms.
2) Saul could start living like nothing matters if Lizzy ends up being in a relationship with Bricks.
3) CJ has to be on the brink of snapping considering she was just flat out rejected.

Ugh, and that ending, GEEZ! I thought maybe a public execution is in order, but Tardust said they were doing roll call. It could be any number of things!

1) Scratch is going to get publicly chewed out by Durai, he tries to kill her but gets his shit fucked up by her instead.
2) Scratch knows about Lizzy and Bricks little scheme and is going to have Bricks publicly executed.
3) Scratch is going to execute Durai.
4) They're calling roll.

Man...next Monday is sooo far away!

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Question:

I have a bad feeling about Glenn in the end ... What, if he (and the other two) "escaped" The Colony, because Scratch or Durai wanted them to do so ... ? And what, if Glenn has informed The Mallers after he learned that Victor has made it into the small group gathering around the Gatekeeper?
These questions refer to the theory that Glen might be kind of a double-agent - on the one side being considered member of Gatekpeer's folk and on the other side being "forced to act" according to what The Mallers want (like the way The Mallers have treated Kalani or Pippin) ...

Saul and CJ on the outside and on the inside Victor and Gatekeeper plan the intrusion, while Glenn has the chance and means to listen to these plans via radio-communication as well as transferring valid information to The Mallers.

The weak spot in this "theory" would be: Why wouldn't The Mallers simply capture Victor and Gatekeeper, if they are so many and so well equipped ...

Or is this "problem" with the parking lot just coincidence?

All the best!
Liam

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Bricks/Lizzie? I doubt it. They can be friends and everything, but I don't see them in a relationship.

Another possibility for the call on everyone is that the radio Saul, CJ and Victor are using are not that well protected and they found out about the plan.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Interesting. I'm wondering if Victor had the foresight to tell Gatekeeper, "You got a get out of jail free card for killing Sean. We told his ex-girlfriend that the prisoners did it." Hopefully that'll keep CJ from finding out she was lied, even though nothing can hide the truth. Poor CJ, she threw herself on Saul and was rejected. That has to feel terrible. But I'm very pleased to see my homeboy remaining faithful. I feel like there are a few characters set up to have some serious mental snapping.

1) Bricks could Hulk out if he has feelings for Lizzy and sees her go running into Saul's arms.
2) Saul could start living like nothing matters if Lizzy ends up being in a relationship with Bricks.
3) CJ has to be on the brink of snapping considering she was just flat out rejected.

Ugh, and that ending, GEEZ! I thought maybe a public execution is in order, but Tardust said they were doing roll call. It could be any number of things!

1) Scratch is going to get publicly chewed out by Durai, he tries to kill her but gets his shit fucked up by her instead.
2) Scratch knows about Lizzy and Bricks little scheme and is going to have Bricks publicly executed.
4) They're calling roll.

I concur. The snapping-potential is next to a critical mass ...

And about "roll calling" ... Had to look up the meaning of this. And I see what you are getting at ... Basically this would heavily depend on whether Briggs was successfully framing Scratch ... Or Maybe Burt gets executed because he is a prisoner without use anymore ... Or ... or ... Don't know ...

I wonder what WND are going to discuss about it ... And yes, a week is long and a perfect match for this suspense ...

All the best!
Liam

HardKor
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Oh Saul...gotta love a guy who can, while being chased by zombies, still manage to pull off a "that's what she said" joke.

I think I'm with Hero on the ending. The head count has got to have something to do with Durai and Scratch. Looks like the fall out from whatever happens there is going to be the catalyst that sets off this little revolution Saul/CJ/Victor are trying to pull off.

My guess is the next episode opens up with Lizzy and Bricks going to talk to Durai.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
The weak spot in this "theory" would be: Why wouldn't The Mallers simply capture Victor and Gatekeeper, if they are so many and so well equipped ...

Why? Because Saul is a better bargaining ship to switch with Michael and everyone than Victor.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
My guess is the next episode opens up with Lizzy and Bricks going to talk to Durai.

Likely.

Why? Because Saul is a better bargaining ship to switch with Michael and everyone than Victor.

Which would depend on having a bargain- or weird diplomatic relation between Fort Irwin and The Colony at the moment - which actually is not as unlikely as it may seem ...

All the best!
Liam

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
They can always try to put Saul and CJ in a cage an all the mallers will scream "two men enter, one man leaves!!!" That will teach the Colony to behave.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM

4) They're calling roll.

Or
5) Everyone getting a bottle of water (free of purchase)

Privateer
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Thank you, WA, for adding epic resistence drama to my zombie apocalypse! Absolutely spectacular! Personally, I think Sauls being set up for the fall. He has way too much faith in Lizzy'sfidelity, and the hint in part 1, with Bricks having clothes at Lizzy's? Thats a strong indicator that she's moved on.

awkwardalex
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Woohoo! Reaction: dunduh duh!

I think victor gets the first in calling CJ's interest in saul.

With victor on the inside, i remebered something that could be over looked...victor has never seen lizzy. But then again she shouldnt be hard to miss (baby belly and all)

And gatekeeper...i wonder who did that to his face hmmm? The crazy lady who is always armed.

And lizzy and bricks, I do feel like there is SOMETHING there.

awkwardalex
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I am readyyyyy~:excited::omgomg:

As much as I like CJ, I think she'll freak out and go all psycho and/or have a break down. If not on her own, after finding out that Saul and Victor lied to her (well done, guys :rolleyes:)

And can I please have a Riley Going Badass moment? After 5 months of training she should be a BAMF by now.

Thats true, its important to remeber Shawnes words:you keep doing this your gonna break down again. When they were getting ready cj seemed a little...manic to me.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Well, CJ was going all Kelly on Saul. You know "my body is ready" and "you should contemplate other possibilities". Maybe she's desperate because she likes this blindly in love guy and he'll sacrifice his life for blondie. Maybe she's one step closer to freak out... I like CJ but I distrust her.

And I'm REALLY not buying the Lizzy/Bricks ship. It sounds more like she has this massive hulk of a bodyguard who is sweet like a big dog and she listen to him while he doesn't treat her like shit. It wasn't like CJ with her small hints of her feelings. Bricks seems ok and down to earth, a bit fed up with the mallers and their very aggressive ways, Lizzy is relived for having him watching out for her and not, lets say... rapist Tardust.

I just hope CJ chops Gatekeeper's head off. :D

Privateer
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well, CJ was going all Kelly on Saul. You know "my body is ready" and "you should contemplate other possibilities". Maybe she's desperate because she likes this blindly in love guy and he'll sacrifice his life for blondie. Maybe she's one step closer to freak out... I like CJ but I distrust her.

And I'm REALLY not buying the Lizzy/Bricks ship. It sounds more like she has this massive hulk of a bodyguard who is sweet like a big dog and she listen to him while he doesn't treat her like shit. It wasn't like CJ with her small hints of her feelings. Bricks seems ok and down to earth, a bit fed up with the mallers and their very aggressive ways, Lizzy is relived for having him watching out for her and not, lets say... rapist Tardust.

I just hope CJ chops Gatekeeper's head off. :D

I love how CJ is being written, really. Shes absurdly analytical, and from the way she was talking to Saul, she had boiled her attraction to math equation (you'll have to risk x for benefit y, which is illogical when you can risk only z for benefit cj).

But, I find fault qith your dismissal of Bricks/Lizzy, mainly becauae Bricks had /clothes/ at Lizzys place, when he clearly had a domicile of his own. And also because we were all denied Riley/Angel, and I don't think anyond should be happy now!

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Pff Bricks is just the guard dog. A nice one, but a guard dog nevertheless :p He just wanted someone to talk about feelings and stuff. Who else would he talk to? Tardust? The Sisters? I don't think so :kitty

yarri
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I love how CJ is being written, really. Shes absurdly analytical, and from the way she was talking to Saul, she had boiled her attraction to math equation (you'll have to risk x for benefit y, which is illogical when you can risk only z for benefit cj).

But, I find fault qith your dismissal of Bricks/Lizzy, mainly becauae Bricks had /clothes/ at Lizzys place, when he clearly had a domicile of his own. And also because we were all denied Riley/Angel, and I don't think anyond should be happy now!

I don't think it's a case of " Liz has moved on" look at the situation she's in. She's in the hands of the enemy, she's pregnant and basically helpless she's thinking the man she loves aka Saul the father of her son is dead., As a woman I can identify with what she's going through. I'd lie, screw, cheat and do what ever I could to survive and save my life and the life of my child. If that means latching onto and playing house with Bricks and calling Scratch my new BFF so be it. Liz is in survival
Mode

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think it's a case of " Liz has moved on" look at the situation she's in. She's in the hands of the enemy, she's pregnant and basically helpless she's thinking the man she loves aka Saul the father of her son is dead., As a woman I can identify with what she's going through. I'd lie, screw, cheat and do what ever I could to survive and save my life and the life of my child. If that means latching onto and playing house with Bricks and calling Scratch my new BFF so be it. Liz is in survival
Mode

Yup, pretty much what I see. She's playing nice until she sees a way out. She still seems to have hope of her friends rescuing her, but Lizzy is not dumb and would just sit and wait.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Am I the only one that got excited hearing about Eleanore? The 67 Shelby GT500? Gone in 60 Seconds... no? Anyone? Just me?

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
The 67 Shelby is a beauty, but probably will stay dead...

Unless someone fix it. OMG zombie killing sexy machine :omgomg:

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mode

I agree. I think what could have happened is that she recognized that Bricks was a bit kinder than the rest of the mallers so she latched on and is using him as a safe harbor. But perhaps over time she realized that he was sweet and could have led him on. If Bricks is the type to Hulk out, who is to say that he never confessed how he feels for Lizzy and put her in a situation where if she turned him down, he'd freak out? I dunno. I'm going to take the safe route and say that Lizzy doesn't have an interest in Bricks other than seeing him as a nice guy who protects her, but Bricks may not see it that way. I think he likes her. As for Lizzy, the poor gal is just trying to survive, to protect the life of her unborn child.

[Edit/Addition]
Regarding Gatekeeper; do you think he's really trustworthy? He seems quite composed and not all that crazy anymore. I recall him saying that he'd enjoy making it look like Markus had been attacked by biters. It's one thing to plan a coup to over throw a dictator, but it's another thing to enjoy mutilating their corpse, AND Bixby. That dude ain't right in the head. I guess Gatekeeper and Shovelface are just taking a cue from Burt's Big Book of Bad Assery, Chapter 12 "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm glad that Victor's character was the one to say Machete. I get tired of hearing it pronounced "mah-shety" Did Bixy snag that sweet zombie slaying weapon from Danny Trejo?

7oddisdead
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
good gravy that was good. im surprised with how sympathetic the broken gatekeeper came across in this one...

heres what i heard after cj kissed saul..."OH, kiss me you fool...wait, what..your not into me like that?...wow...i must have my wires crossed somewhere...seriously, i could have sworn you said something about wanting to bone before we go pick up your girl?....no?..alright then"..

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm glad that Victor's character was the one to say Machete. I get tired of hearing it pronounced "mah-shety" Did Bixy snag that sweat zombie slaying weapon from Danny Trejo?

Remember that time that you jumped on Brits tits for mispronouncing coup? Try learning the difference between sweet and sweat.

Litmaster
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you, WA, for adding epic resistence drama to my zombie apocalypse! Absolutely spectacular! Personally, I think Sauls being set up for the fall. He has way too much faith in Lizzy'sfidelity, and the hint in part 1, with Bricks having clothes at Lizzy's? Thats a strong indicator that she's moved on.

No. She's pregnant, remember? Two episodes ago she remarked that only his clothes now fit her. Bricks may secretly like Lizzy, but there's no way Liz has the hots for the Brickster.

Is it just me, or do Bricks and Lizzy remind you of:

Yep.... I am half expecting some shady move where CJ is the one to find Lizzy, but then secretly kills her and claims that she found her already dead.... :p

Litmaster
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Remember that time that you jumped on Brits tits for mispronouncing coup? Try learning the difference between sweet and sweat.

OUCH!

The grammar nazi has now expanded his repertoire to slamming typos!

7oddisdead
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
soooo everybody will be meeting behind the hospital..meaning gatekeeper,bixby,lizzie, and bricks will all magically be in the same place at the same time...hmm....what could happen?

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
OUCH!

The grammar nazi has now expanded his repertoire to slamming typos!

Not my fault he jumped all over Britt's pronunciation.

P.S. You should have capitalized Nazi.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
*rampage*

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Not my fault he jumped all over Britt's pronunciation.

My bad. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was getting after her for it. I just thought it was funny since Beeze inserted a "lol"
Glad Osi is here to defend Britt's honor. :D

Speaking of defending folks, Bricks not only keeps Lizzy safe but also came to Burt's aid. The guy is strange. He seems to try to keep to some hold of his humanity, but I can't help but wonder what he did to get himself in Eastern Bay.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
WILL ALWAYS DEFEND THE BRITT!!!!!!11oneone11tylc

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
WILL ALWAYS DEFEND THE BRITT!!!!!!11oneone11tylc

Calm down, Bricks. Britt isn't around.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Calm down, Bricks. Britt isn't around.

All the more reason.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Assuming everything works out somewhat well, that is to say that the group obtains what they need to fix the SAT phone and they contact Michael at Ft. Irwin, what then happens with Bixby and Gatekeeper?

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Assuming everything works out somewhat well, that is to say that the group obtains what they need to fix the SAT phone and they contact Michael at Ft. Irwin, what then happens with Bixby and Gatekeeper?

Hopefully, more shovels.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM

Bixby and Gatekeeper have paid their dues. A shovel to the face and scars that lasted are already payment enough it this zombie world.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Bixby and Gatekeeper have paid their dues. A shovel to the face and scars that lasted are already payment enough it this zombie world.

So... Scratch should be off the hook.

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I would like to rehash the conversation from 31-3 we were having about gatekeeper with connie killjoy. I'd like to know if their opinion changed after this episode.

Greatly enjoyed it, saul is an idiot, cj is destined for heart break, and durai is about to be killed in public.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I would like to rehash the conversation from 31-3 we were having about gatekeeper with connie killjoy. I'd like to know if their opinion changed after this episode.

Greatly enjoyed it, saul is an idiot, cj is destined for heart break, and durai is about to be killed in public.

Sounds like a prediction.

7oddisdead
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Is he?....or is bricks?

Rep bet?

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Is he?....or is bricks?

Rep bet?

I'm hopeful that Durai buys it.

7oddisdead
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm just looking at who durai would find more useful...bricks or scratch...i do like the twist of them offing the big man(durai) himself though

But I'm sticking to my guns...bricks...lead salad.

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
salad for everyones!

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
There's not enough shovels to make Bixby pay for being such an arrogant jerk. Just because he has his tail between his legs doesn't mean he's a changed man.

The same goes for the Gatekeeper. He had power, he was happy, people were not killed. I don't feel assured with the possibility of him being forever The Great Leader of The Colony, it must have taken some time for Marcus to be a crappy leader and an abusive force. Until this point I've seen nothing but Gatekeeper acting like a psycho nutfreak. My bet is that if the Mallers never went to the Colony, he would eventually be as abusive as Marcus. So, yeah, I would never miss Gatekeeper if CJ went Katana Power Chopchop on him.

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Good morning everyone,

so, the majority is in for the prediction that The Mallers will hold kind of a public meeting and that Durai will be killed, right?

A public gathering, 'everyone' (?) is invited to join? Sounds strange to me; but we actually never got into the ways and means how The Mallers organize things. But a public trial against folks or a public execution?
Assuming that Bricks really went to Durai and showed him the video, what would be the next thing to happen? Probably Durai would be pissed of - either by Scratch violating 'family'-rules again, which by the way don't seem to apply for standard-issue-Mallers-and/or-criminals, or by having Bricks stepping too far out of order by blackmailing others. Would Durai ask for a public trial or roll call against family members, or would he even do so in order to punisch Bricks? Strikes me kind of odd. Looking back at the Kalani-backstory or the first contact at The Tower I had the impression that Durai likes to keep things as simple as possible, meaning as small as possible. To me he does not appear as the type as to make an example of others; same with Scratch who really goes WTF-bitching if things slip out of her control.

Anyway, I may be wrong.

Which is why I go one step further and stick with the majority for a short moment: Durai is pissed off for whatever reason and asks for the roll call everyone is entitled to show up. And everyone does. Then some kind of politics or trial or whatever happens. Scratch and Bricks are confronted, the situation escalates and one to two members of the triangle Durai-Scratch-Bricks die... What would be the next thing to happen within the ranks of The Mallers and/ or The Colony? If Scratch survives, would people really shriek and terror and follow her orders? Probably, because most guns are locked away and only the doubtless followers are well equipped, as I understand it. But would the story gain anything from such a development? Durai was of no real meaning so far, and Bricks actually provides a lot of potential for the future - like in his relation to Lizzy, to Tardust, to Scratch, and to some degree to Saul.

Basically I wonder why Durai would do or risk something like this. We never learned a lot about him; we only knew very few things about his character; and we know enough to assume that Scratch falls in line with his command and rulership; I don't recollect any tight or tense situation between both of them - maybe except for Durai wondering what all this around Burt is good for after already four months now ...

I don't want to disagree, but since we may only guess about what may happen at the roll call, I would like to try something completely different.

The Mallers as we know them have some kind of scavenger-attitude. First they tried to infiltrate The Other Tower, then they went all mad and crazy about The Tower after the tanker-rig was 'stolen'; in the meantime they tried to gather as much food, weapons, slaves and whatnot from shops and facilities of all kinds.
What makes them special are two things: a) early in this z-pocalypse they already started to analyze this whole thing, b) they unleashed a broad attempt to attack/ destroy the arena, which is kind of cool to some degree; so obviously there is more to them. Durai seems to look at the bigger picture and tries more then just to survive, which is supported by the mere fact that The Mallers had a huge radio-station they used in order to receive any communication on any available channel - not for the sake of helping maybe, but especially for the sake of finding other people to exploit ...

Anyway:
At the moment we know two more things: As The Mallers are in The Colony, they also own a much more powerful communication-facility now - the one from The Colony. And just a few days ago there was a chopper in town/ over LA; since the city is utterly silent ver since the z-pocalypse was a few hours old, and nearly void of life that creates noise and sounds, the noise generated by a chopper can be listened to over huge distances. Therefore I guess that The Mallers will have recognized the chopper; and unless the chopper did not use special frequencies or encryption technology on radio-communication it is not unlikely that The Mallers might have learned enough about either military services or at least someone, who is out there. Maybe they even tried to get into radio-contact or at least to listen to more radio-communication from the outside.

That is why I think, it could be possible that this whole roll-call is not so much about Scratch, Durai and Bricks, but more about introducing the new situation to The Mallers and parts of The Colony in order to prepare 'something'.

I know, this is like kind of a stretch; but I don't thing this is too farfetched.

Since WA literally jumped from August to December the audience has not learned anything about Fort Irwin and any other of The Tower-folk so far; and I wouldn't wonder too much if Kc plays the surprise-card another time - especially since this would be a huge surprise-blast ... Also this would add a new dimension to the complete story by connecting to very seperate "circles" in which main characters are heavily involved ...

just my more then 2c ... ;)
Liam

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:36 AM
... saul is an idiot...

Oh c'mon man. What makes you say that? I can sympathize with him. Sure he knows what he wants to achieve but has no idea of how to actually pull it off, but he's a determined little fucker AND he is faithful. CJ's thinking logically, but when the fuck has love ever been logical?

nikvoodoo
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Oh c'mon man. What makes you say that? I can sympathize with him. Sure he knows what he wants to achieve but has no idea of how to actually pull it off, but he's a determined little fucker AND he is faithful. CJ's thinking logically, but when the fuck has love ever been logical?

He's an idiot because he didn't see it before. That's all.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:26 AM
He's an idiot because he didn't see it before. That's all.

Oh, yeah. Well, I don't know if he was really ignorant to that or if he was feigning ignorance. When you aren't attracted to someone because you are trying to remain faithful, you do your best to convince yourself that there is nothing there. Maybe Saul was just lying to himself that he was unaware of CJ's feelings for him so that he could have an easier go of ignoring those advances.

With all that time to think he must have been fighting with himself. I'm sure he recognized that she was a good friend considering all the down time they spent together but the guy is loyal as hell. It must have been tough to keep from going for the easy thing.

Unless he really is that stupid and didn't see it. In which case I agree, he's an idiot. But I'm still a fan.

Kc
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Oh, yeah. Well, I don't know if he was really ignorant to that or if he was feigning ignorance. When you aren't attracted to someone because you are trying to remain faithful, you do your best to convince yourself that there is nothing there. Maybe Saul was just lying to himself that he was unaware of CJ's feelings for him so that he could have an easier go of ignoring those advances.

With all that time to think he must have been fighting with himself. I'm sure he recognized that she was a good friend considering all the down time they spent together but the guy is loyal as hell. It must have been tough to keep from going for the easy thing.

Unless he really is that stupid and didn't see it. In which case I agree, he's an idiot. But I'm still a fan.

He's not stupid. He just didn't want to acknowledge it or give it any attention it didn't need.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
He's not stupid. He just didn't want to acknowledge it or give it any attention it didn't need.

Ah, I'm glad you gave us some insight on Saul. I can understand that. I wasn't sure if he just plain didn't know about CJ's intentions or if he was pretending to be ignorant in the hopes that she would just give up. I'm glad it's the latter.

Edit/Addition
You know, come to think of it, KC, if you write it so that Saul has been secretly having an affair with CJ I will lose it. Seriously, that would really let me down. I hold Saul in very high regard. He's a good guy. If it turns out he's been lying to Victor (and all of us) about CJ, then...damn.

It seems unlikely, but I just had to put that out there.

I was thinking that because Tardust is the one that is calling for the head count that perhaps we can expect bad news for Bricks, Lizzy, Burt, or Durai, IF this roll call even pertains to that situation brewing behind the scenes. Tardust was in the room when Scratch killed Angel, so if this roll call has anything to do with Bricks taking the tape to Durai, then I think the outcome will be in Scratch's favor.

But, I dunno. I'm thinking the roll call is just to get an idea of how many people they have so they can prepare for some kind of new objective. Maybe Burt cracked and they want to send a scouting party to Ft. Irwin? Maybe they are going to publicly execute Burt, or Durai, or Bricks?

I think Scratch and Tardust are safe though.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Maybe they are just gathering together to plan the Christmas out in the Colony :cool:

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Christmas with Scratch. :love:

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM

Santa Scratch.... Oh now that MUST be part of a Musical Special Episode :omgomg:

UndeadSweeper
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM

In this special eps of the WA, Scratch learn the true meaning of Christmas. Before she cuts up zombie Santa.

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Santa Scratch.... Oh now that MUST be part of a Musical Special Episode :omgomg:

I swear if Jenna sang Silent Night I would probably die of love.

yarri
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM

I just had a wild notion, can Jenna sing?

Jenna singing heavy metal...:)

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Fuck no... she's gotta do it straight and true.

Oh god... I've got to write that story.

yarri
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Go forth and write! Cause I've got a case of writer's block and I need to live vicariously through you...

Clapacap24
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Hi there,

wild guess: Since we haven't heard anything so far about Riley, Kelly, and Michael in Irwin or Pegs, Hope, Kelly, and Datu in the rescue camp so far, I would bet - against all odds - that we will learn something about what they were up to during the last four months ... This would also add some suspense to what's gonna happen at the Colony ... :D

All the best!
Liam

The best quote I remember and like is from Chapter 3 or so when the towers overrunned with zombies and Michael and Riley are locked in a room with the rest of the survivors holding off the hordes. "Shoot that B*tch in the Face". The best part of action is always the profanity. killing, or nudity.

Z Sniper
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Once Victor becomes "King of the Kolony" we can celebrate by having our first Mariachi Christmas Jam!

Clapacap24
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
This is some action build up shit Sauls going to go butwild pretty soon to get Blondie back. Would'nt that suck if its a white baby...

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Whoa, wait, I just realized a shit ton of people must have been dying off at the Colony. Didn't Markus say they had hundreds of people? Now Gatekeeper is saying there are 90 left from when the Mallers took over.

You know, come to think of it, KC, if you write it so that Saul has been secretly having an affair with CJ I will lose it. Seriously, that would really let me down. I hold Saul in very high regard. He's a good guy. If it turns out he's been lying to Victor (and all of us) about CJ, then...damn.

It seems unlikely, but I just had to put that out there.

Oy vey! Upon listening again to 32-2, there are some words that I got hung up on. They were reminiscent of Tanya's, "What did you say?" when Michael first mentioned Saul's name. There is a moment, after CJ has kissed Saul where he says, "I'm done with that!" At first I thought he was saying he was done with her trying to help plan and that he was going to do things his way. BUT, the way she takes his words, it's as though he is saying he is done with whatever they had between each other, as in "I'm done with that, with us, with the things we've been doing when we get lonely."

I think Saul may have had snu snu with CJ, that or at least a one time slip up that led her to believe there would be more.

I was thinking that because Tardust is the one that is calling for the head count that perhaps we can expect bad news for Bricks, Lizzy, Burt, or Durai, IF this roll call even pertains to that situation brewing behind the scenes. Tardust was in the room when Scratch killed Angel, so if this roll call has anything to do with Bricks taking the tape to Durai, then I think the outcome will be in Scratch's favor.

But, I dunno. I'm thinking the roll call is just to get an idea of how many people they have so they can prepare for some kind of new objective. Maybe Burt cracked and they want to send a scouting party to Ft. Irwin? Maybe they are going to publicly execute Burt, or Durai, or Bricks?

I think Scratch and Tardust are safe though.

Oh hell, and another thought came to mind on this front too; what if when Gatekeeper was spreading the word about Saul's plan he may have told someone who was no longer loyal to him. The Mallers could be calling for a head count because they intend to shoot Gatekeeper and some of his followers.

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM

I wouldn't die of love, but chances are: I would fall in love ... ;)

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Once Victor becomes "King of the Kolony" we can celebrate by having our first Mariachi Christmas Jam!

CHRISTMAS TACOS!!!1111111111onelc

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Would'nt that suck if its a white baby...

Do you think the story in WA is going to pass the next like 4-5 months that we learn about the baby?

I so much hope that WA does not change into kind of a weekly zombie-soap or zombie-opera or something ... It should remain a "story of survival"; therefore the baby-issue should be nothing more then just a motivation for different characters to include Lizzy into their plans of actions ... Wait! well, wouldn't this be kind of a zombie-soap then? Am definitily too tired ... Good night, folks ...

IamPaul
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Great episode, again. A few theories of what may or could happen. Maybe this episode and the next one are happening at the same time, and the roll call is the aftermath of a Scratch and Durai confrontation. (With Scratch being the victor) With everyone gathering for a roll call, maybe this could work good for Saul and CJ when infiltrating the Colony. Maybe the Mallers know that Victor is in the colony. I am starting to miss Michael and the others storyline. Seems like it has been forever. And now that I think about the Saul line after CJ's kiss, there was definitely something going on and they were trying to hide it from Victor.

IamPaul
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Are you saying we might finally get that very special 'We're Alive' Christmas special? Is that the Season 3 finale?!

Dyhoerium
Aug 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think I trust Bixby. It doesn't seem to make sense that the prisoners would allow a non-prisoner to leave the Colony. Sure they have some of the old guardians still acting as guardians, but they're not leaving the colony. Either Bixby is doing a very convincing job lying to the powers that be (Durai, Scratch, Tardust, etc.) or he's a dirty rat.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Whoa, wait, I just realized a shit ton of people must have been dying off at the Colony. Didn't Markus say they had hundreds of people? Now Gatekeeper is saying there are 90 left from when the Mallers took over.

Oy vey! Upon listening again to 32-2, there are some words that I got hung up on. They were reminiscent of Tanya's, "What did you say?" when Michael first mentioned Saul's name. There is a moment, after CJ has kissed Saul where he says, "I'm done with that!" At first I thought he was saying he was done with her trying to help plan and that he was going to do things his way. BUT, the way she takes his words, it's as though he is saying he is done with whatever they had between each other, as in "I'm done with that, with us, with the things we've been doing when we get lonely."

I think Saul may have had snu snu with CJ, that or at least a one time slip up that led her to believe there would be more.

Oh hell, and another thought came to mind on this front too; what if when Gatekeeper was spreading the word about Saul's plan he may have told someone who was no longer loyal to him. The Mallers could be calling for a head count because they intend to shoot Gatekeeper and some of his followers.

Hero, Your post number?!?

Cabbage Patch
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM
...what if when Gatekeeper was spreading the word about Saul's plan he may have told someone who was no longer loyal to him. The Mallers could be calling for a head count because they intend to shoot Gatekeeper and some of his followers.

Definitely possible, but what about Victor? If word had leaked to the Mallers wouldn't they have seized Gatekeeper and tossed his place looking for information, catching Victor in the process? The fact that they didn't may mean that Gatekeeper and Bixby are just witnesses to whatever is going to happen.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hero, Your post number?!?

666, THE MARK OF THE BEAST! Must be because I'm reading Good Omens.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
As far as roll call goes, the Mallers are former prisoners. They would have had to participate in roll call at Eastern Bay in order for the guards and warden to be sure that no one is missing, so they know the value of doing a head count. Especially and unannounced head count. Also, we know that they kept records of their captives. Remember Tardust looking for Lizzy's name on his list of slaves when they came across her at the auto dealership? There could very well be nothing more to the Maller's motive of taking roll other than to keep control. Then, maybe not. Just saying.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:31 PM
666, THE MARK OF THE BEAST! Must be because I'm reading Good Omens.

Wouldn't it be 999, then?

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
As far as roll call goes, the Mallers are former prisoners. They would have had to participate in roll call at Eastern Bay in order for the guards and warden to be sure that no one is missing, so they know the value of doing a head count. Especially and unannounced head count. Also, we know that they kept records of their captives. Remember Tardust looking for Lizzy's name on his list of slaves when they came across her at the auto dealership? There could very well be nothing more to the Maller's motive of taking roll other than to keep control. Then, maybe not. Just saying.

I'm not so sure. The way Tardust put it made it sound like they are all required to gather in the parking lot near the hospital so there will be a roll call for that reason. I don't think the roll call is the purpose of the meeting but rather a causality of the meeting.

Mr. AK-47
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Sup Everyone! <br />
The roll call is just for show to make the people in the colony remember who's in charge and to serve as record keeping for different labor details. <br />
Bixby is playing Gate Keeper,...

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I think we can all stop saying abort...

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:03 PM
If Sean was killed in a Z-attack then things could take a turn towards the bizarre-rer if he jumps from behind a bush as a zombie. CJ wasn't given details about his death but if she is under the impression that he was killed by the Mallers, then would she think otherwise if she saw him as a biter. That is, would she come to the conclusion that the Mallers exposed him to the zombies or would she just conclude that Saul lied to her?

Also, in Chapter 18 Victor tells Micheal that only 2 out of the 12 who were attacked with Sean made it back to the Colony (But didn't survive.) This kind of bugs me because it seems to imply that people injured by Zombies were giving clearance to enter the Colony after being contaminated. They were hesitant to even allow Micheal entry due to his broken arm.

I tried listening to the last few chapters to hear if there was any mention of the population of the Colony. Someone else mentioned it, already, that it seems like Gatekeeper estimates about 90 people plus the Mallers and their slaves. I initially thought they were talking about the number of Guardians and scavengers.

Any thoughts?

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Ya know? I think CJ is some kind of hoarder or a Batman type of character. She wanted to add the '67 Shelby to her collection. Also, remember this line when Victor jokes that she forgot to bring a wet suit, "Of course I have one. I have everything."

She may have had most of these things before it all went down, but I think she became Z-day's first and most prolific looter. She does say that she might have it better now than what she would if they were rescued.

Can you imagine, Zombies eating everyone and CJ doing a smash-and-grab on plasma TVs? She thinks it's just another riot so she throws on a hoodie, dances the Crip Walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gREIBeiXgak&feature=fvwrel) while singing NWA's F... the Police and runs down to Best Buy.

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:39 PM
The way Tardust put it made it sound like they are all required to gather in the parking lot near the hospital so there will be a roll call for that reason. I don't think the roll call is the purpose of the meeting but rather a causality of the meeting.

Mh ... Strikes me:
Someone/ the doctor found Angel splattered around and tells Durai.
Durai freaks out what was going on and asks for the roll-call.
Bixby and Lizzy had no opportunity yet to tell Durai about the tape.
Is Lizzy supposed to show up at the roll-call?
If not, this could happen: Durai freaks out, Scratch blames someone (Tardust) for having done it, like she and Latch did the first time, when the tanker-rig was "stolen". Briggs is a weakling and does not provide the video and and thus does not tell Durai about the lie of Scratch's. ...
What IF Lizzy is supposed to show up at the roll call, THEN something completely different will happen ... And then we would have the triangle of death meeting: Durai <-> Scratch <-> Briggs.

All the best!
Liam

7oddisdead
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Aww..sonofava...

Alright here we go...so I think witch doctor just said a majority of the pieces..but let's put em together.

We knew the colonies numbers to be in the hundreds before, right?...well what has changed since then?...mallers, yes...but also mkp and Vic running off with half the weapons stash. We also know(if I'm remembering correctly) that the colonists basically rolled over when the mallers showed up...this points to a nearly depleted weapons supply...also note the viament anger when pete/glenn confronted vic/saul....id wager that the depleted numbers came from loss of people during the time between mpk and the mallers arrival.

Now, how to bring all this together...people talk, that's a given...people also throw others under the bus when given the opportunity to, especially when those people are not around...so how bout this.

Durai/scratch/tar heard the rumors of what happened between the mpk time and current time...durai made note of a way he could use this to his advantage, but scratch insisted on her own form of interrogation...hence durais frustration with her lack of results...i could easily see the "roll call" being Burt thrown out in front of the colonists and they are told "this man knows where the people who put you in this situation are"...people can be evil...but a group of angry people?...well...

That's what I got, aaaaand now my head is spinning

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Hi There.

... Now, how to bring all this together...people talk, that's a given...people also throw others under the bus when given the opportunity to, especially when those people are not around...so how bout this.

Durai/scratch/tar heard the rumors of what happened between the mpk time and current time...durai made note of a way he could use this to his advantage, but scratch insisted on her own form of interrogation...hence durais frustration with her lack of results...i could easily see the "roll call" being Burt thrown out in front of the colonists and they are told "this man knows where the people who put you in this situation are"...people can be evil...but a group of angry people?...well...

That's what I got, aaaaand now my head is spinning

THIS would be such a dark scene ... Poor Burt ...
And yeah, lots of heads spinning since Monday ...

Also: I hope that I never will be the target of your sinister plans ... :cool: :zombieglomp:

All the best!
Liam

zombeh-kitteh
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM
OOokayy...

Here's my thoughts about what's going on...

1. Roll Call.

As many have said, Durai likes to play it simple. I don't think he's going to amass everyone in the Colony for a "hey, you killed so-and-so and that's not cool...so um...*shoots Scratch* "See that, people? Don't kill people. That is all." I also can't see him calling roll call to confront Scratch about killing Angel...he seems to be more of the type that would conduct that business in front of the only people who matter (the inner circle, or any other members of the "Family" that are still hanging around). I believe he would consider it a "private matter."

While I don't think it's a coincidence that they recieved the summons to roll-call, I honestly am not sure what to think about what's going to go down. It could be that Bixby is playing both sides, and they're going to "out" Victor...who unfortunately also knows where the Tower people were going. So then, Victor is going to tell them, after torture, before death. They aren't going to need Burt anymore. So either they just kill him, or put him to work as a slave (probably just kill him). There goes the last rays of hope for the rest of the Colony if that's the case.

2. Lizzie/Bricks/Saul/CJ

Lizzie and Bricks? in love? Nope. At least not on her part. She's borrowing his shirts because they're the only clothing that fit her now because she's pregnant. She's a therapist...who has obviously listened to and counseled Bricks before (She asks him "Did you hurt someone? Do you feel bad about it/want to talk about it?). I think their thing is more of a friendship borne from their guard/prisoner roles...kind of like Stockholm Syndrome, except friendship instead of love (although Bricks could be possibly in love with her).

Bricks is an interesting character. From right off, I knew he was different from the other prisoners. He seemed like a "gentle giant," because he seemed to be concerned about Lizzie's welfare from the moment they picked her up. To me, Bricks was the guy who, because of his size and maybe a mental defect of some sort that made him "slow", was the bodyguard/bouncer/enforcer simply because all he did was follow orders. Follow them because he feared punishment himself, or perhaps because that was just simply how he grew up, in an environment where violence was always present. If it's all you know...*shrugs*It's because he seems to express regret and despite going along with Scratch's tortures of others, doesn't seem to mind stepping in on Burt's behalf that makes me think this way.

Saul and CJ...while all of us and probably Saul too, saw this coming...I'm sure it was still a surprise to Saul when she pounced on him like a lioness on a gazelle. Honestly, I was expecting something like this as soon as she had that little hissy-fit after they brought Pete and Glenn back to Dunbar. Constance Parng, I must say, has a revealing voice. During the aforementioned hissy-fit, I could hear everything from desperation to longing to anger to sorrow and regret. And when she pounced Saul, she sounded ashamed and guilty but also pleading in a way.

Props to Saul for sticking by his feelings and not caving in to CJ, especially in a high-stress situation, just after they were attacked...which could have been a contributing factor to CJ's kiss. All hopped up on adrenaline and stress...it could have been an "accident," wherein your emotions and body start doing things while your brain is screaming "STOP YOU MORON...NOOOO!"

3. Angel/The Family/Durai/Scratch

Even if Bricks shows Durai the videotape, who's to say that Durai is going to act on it? Angel, despite having a birthright ring and being a member of the "Family"...he wasn't involved in the Family's business...he joined the military and tried walking the straight and narrow (as far as we know). That could be construed as betrayal to the Family, yes? Durai may just shrug his shoulders and be like "So what?" He might get pissed that Scratch didn't ask the questions HE wanted answered and reprimand her for that...but can we honestly say that he's going to watch this tape and immediately be like "Oh, Scratch honey? Come'ere and lemme put this bullet in you..."? Angel didn't do anything for Durai, except stand as one of many roadblocks in his path to obtaining the Tower.

Lizzie was just acting on Scratch's words, trying to think of a way to get rid of Scratch once she learned that Burt was alive and imprisoned and Angel was dead. She saw an opportunity and decided to take it, but it may not go like she and Bricks want it to, and if it doesn't....then Bricks and Lizzie are next on Scratch's hitlist, preggers or not.

However...I think they should try to get Tardust on their side...honestly, he doesn't seem to be overly fond of her...nay, downright frightened of her sometimes...he would probably relish the idea of getting rid of her...because Scratch rules with fear and pain.

I think they need to present this tape in a very deliberate way...because a person's mood could mean the difference between peace and war. Durai could look at the tape and be like "so what?" or "Scratch is dead the next time I see her" depending upon how the information is presented to him.

My thought train is about to derail, that and I have to get back to work, so I will leave you all with this food for thought for now...

Lukas A.
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Well cj definitely likes saul, so I'm guessing the whole batheing scene was to tempt Saul away, which almost worked.
Next episode will probably open up with Lizzy and bricks trying to go see durai but being denied an "appointment" because he is a stuck up d-bag...
Scratch will be fine, she always is
And I seriously doubt Glenn is a double-agent

On a side-note, I thought it was funny Saul and cj went out of their way to mention the Shelby in the garage, perhaps their is an awesome fix-her-up then escape in a sexy sports car on the horizon?

Cabbage Patch
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
...I thought it was funny Saul and cj went out of their way to mention the Shelby in the garage, perhaps their is an awesome fix-her-up then escape in a sexy sports car on the horizon?

Or we know what KC will be driving once he starts getting the Hollywood mega-bucks!

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Makes me sad how many people want Scratch dead.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Makes me sad how many people want Scratch dead.

I want her alive and well. All hail to my favorite psycho :yay:

Z Sniper
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM
So I'm wondering if this whole role call thing is all about Scratch raffling off Burt's finger! 5 to 1 Thumpkin get's it!

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I want her alive and well. All hail to my favorite psycho :yay:

BFFFFFFFFfffffsssss

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
So I'm wondering if this whole role call thing is all about Scratch raffling off Burt's finger! 5 to 1 Thumpkin get's it!

Negative, sir. Victor is going in front of the firing squad.

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dear Kc,

Please don't kill Scratch.

Sincerely,
We know where you live.

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
:D I don't actually know where you live...

but please don't kill her.

LiamKerrington
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Dear Osiris.

Scratch.
Won't.
Die.

So.
Soon.

All the best!
Liam

P.S.: I don't know for sure, because I cannot know by now. But considering the huge impact this would have on the complete WA-story and WA-universe I hold it as unlikely that Scratch's gonna bite the dust. She is way too important, and she would live a huge void space, if she died. And WA is not ready for this ...

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Dear Osiris.

Scratch.
Won't.
Die.

So.
Soon.

All the best!
Liam

P.S.: I don't know for sure, because I cannot know by now. But considering the huge impact this would have on the complete WA-story and WA-universe I hold it as unlikely that Scratch's gonna bite the dust. She is way too important, and she would live a huge void space, if she died. And WA is not ready for this ...

Dear Liam,

It has recently come to my attention that you've been privy to information the rest of us haven't. I would like to formally request that you forward any scripts you've been given directly to my inbox. It has also come to my attention that you are short. So sorry.

Sincerely,
This Guy.

:squint:

LiamKerrington
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Dear Osiris,

I am sorry to inform you that based on WA-compliance I am bound to rules not allowing me to share any information which is beyond my opinion.
I am also sorry to learn that you pay too much attention to things which should not concern you too much. But I thank you for being sorry.

All the best!
Liam

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Dear Sirs,

May I interest you in this shiny new product for half the doubled price of the market--

I mean...

It seems you both discuss the fate of Scratch and I hereby cast my vote to Osiris as the Master of Scratch's Destiny.

Cheers,
This Girl.

Big G
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I think when it comes to what is going to happen to Scratch, I think anyone of the following things will happen

1)she will get away with it and nothing will happen to her

2)Durai will attempt to execute her but she will escape and hide until everything is settled and overhears that Michael and co. went to ft. irwin and heads there by herself

3)she will kill Durai after he attempts to execute her and she will take over

Big G
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one that got excited hearing about Eleanore? The 67 Shelby GT500? Gone in 60 Seconds... no? Anyone? Just me?

I can't believe I didn't catch that one

Osiris
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dear Sirs,

May I interest you in this shiny new product for half the doubled price of the market--

I mean...

It seems you both discuss the fate of Scratch and I hereby cast my vote to Osiris as the Master of Scratch's Destiny.

Cheers,
This Girl.

As it should be.

zombeh-kitteh
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I have no doubt that eventually Scratch will get hers (and don't get me wrong, even though Burt is one of my top faves, so is she...despite the fact that she cut his finger off...).

What I love about Scratch (and I guess I should say more appropriately KC's writing and Jenna's acting) is that rage that's barely concealed in her voice, her whole demeanor reminds me of "a bow string pulled taut, about to snap" (put into quotations, b/c I'm pretty sure that this description has been used before in literature, and I can't remember who or what).

My Speculation:
I think KC is building up her death, because she's so vital to the story. It will be a auditory feast for the ears and a delight for the sick twisted imaginations of we listeners...it will be this way to honor her character and to make sure she pays for her myriad sins committed during this adventure.

In other words...epic.

I hope. (End of Speculation)

I don't like when they kill of good guys...but villians deaths are always satisfying, even if you don't want them to die. The bitter tears almost bewilder you..."Why am I crying? I hated that character!"

What really turned the tide for me is her revelation to Liz, followed by that horrific scene with Burt. The entire mood of the scene shifted from "two girlfriends talking baby-talk" to "incestual rape followed by abortion that went wrong followed by revenge that ended up scarring me for life" to "She's taking a real beating, I can still read her name on this piece, SLICE! off goes trigger finger, later Burt."

I was very confused. Conflicted about how I should feel about this woman. As a woman myself, I cannot honestly say that I blame her for what she did to her cousin...and I feel bad that it was that incident that led her to being scarred herself...and to some degree I admire her brutality because something that shouldn't have been broken inside her was and led her to become "Scratch." I want to know what she was like before that incident...I wonder if she was just a normal teenage girl, maybe in with the wrong crowd but still hadn't done anything truly terrible...? Or was she always a pyscho with a hunger for flaying flesh and laughing at the sight of blood? Was any of this nature vs. nurture? And I almost forgot about her brother...what role did he play in that incident, if any? What's their deal? He was the only other person she seemed to care about besides herself, so obviously he was important to her...maybe he was the only one who understood her?

She's so complex...what I love most about villians. Some are just straight up evil, but others have become twisted through time. I want to know more about her...but that doesn't change the fact that since we've known Scratch, all she's done is evil with Lizzie (and getting vengeance for John) being the exception.

LiamKerrington
Aug 16th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I want to know what she was like before that incident...I wonder if she was just a normal teenage girl, maybe in with the wrong crowd but still hadn't done anything truly terrible...? Or was she always a pyscho with a hunger for flaying flesh and laughing at the sight of blood? Was any of this nature vs. nurture? And I almost forgot about her brother...what role did he play in that incident, if any? What's their deal? He was the only other person she seemed to care about besides herself, so obviously he was important to her...maybe he was the only one who understood her?

She's so complex...what I love most about villians. Some are just straight up evil, but others have become twisted through time. I want to know more about her...but that doesn't change the fact that since we've known Scratch, all she's done is evil with Lizzie (and getting vengeance for John) being the exception.

Yeah, her past remains a mystery as much as her personality. And that makes it very interesting to think about her.
And yes: she is complex. And way too much of a personality in order to be killed or simply to die in #32-3.

All the best!
Liam the short

zombeh-kitteh
Aug 16th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah, her past remains a mystery as much as her personality. And that makes it very interesting to think about her.
And yes: she is complex. And way too much of a personality in order to be killed or simply to die in #32-3.

All the best!
Liam the short

Yes, I completely agree...if and when she meets her demise, it certainly won't be anytime soon. I can see her being so tenacious that she outlasts most of the remaining cast.

She's one of the best parts of the show... :)

Cheers! ^_^

Osiris
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I have no doubt that eventually Scratch will get hers (and don't get me wrong, even though Burt is one of my top faves, so is she...despite the fact that she cut his finger off...).

What I love about Scratch (and I guess I should say more appropriately KC's writing and Jenna's acting) is that rage that's barely concealed in her voice, her whole demeanor reminds me of "a bow string pulled taut, about to snap" (put into quotations, b/c I'm pretty sure that this description has been used before in literature, and I can't remember who or what).

My Speculation:
I think KC is building up her death, because she's so vital to the story. It will be a auditory feast for the ears and a delight for the sick twisted imaginations of we listeners...it will be this way to honor her character and to make sure she pays for her myriad sins committed during this adventure.

In other words...epic.

I hope. (End of Speculation)

I don't like when they kill of good guys...but villians deaths are always satisfying, even if you don't want them to die. The bitter tears almost bewilder you..."Why am I crying? I hated that character!"

What really turned the tide for me is her revelation to Liz, followed by that horrific scene with Burt. The entire mood of the scene shifted from "two girlfriends talking baby-talk" to "incestual rape followed by abortion that went wrong followed by revenge that ended up scarring me for life" to "She's taking a real beating, I can still read her name on this piece, SLICE! off goes trigger finger, later Burt."

I was very confused. Conflicted about how I should feel about this woman. As a woman myself, I cannot honestly say that I blame her for what she did to her cousin...and I feel bad that it was that incident that led her to being scarred herself...and to some degree I admire her brutality because something that shouldn't have been broken inside her was and led her to become "Scratch." I want to know what she was like before that incident...I wonder if she was just a normal teenage girl, maybe in with the wrong crowd but still hadn't done anything truly terrible...? Or was she always a pyscho with a hunger for flaying flesh and laughing at the sight of blood? Was any of this nature vs. nurture? And I almost forgot about her brother...what role did he play in that incident, if any? What's their deal? He was the only other person she seemed to care about besides herself, so obviously he was important to her...maybe he was the only one who understood her?

You had me at hello. :love:

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:01 AM
It's going to be a big jaw dropper when Scratch ends up being the one reading the journals at the very end of the story. She'll have slayed everyone in her path; opening the flood gates on Boulder, Colorado so the starving zombies could have a feast. She'll have killed Pinstripes, simply because he was in her way and she got tired of his shit.

The best part, she'll be reading the journals to her unborn baby, rubbing her baby bump with teary eyes. We'll never know who the father was.

Feck! Is it Monday yet?! I just want to know the reason for the assembly!

LiamKerrington
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:15 AM
She'll have killed Pinstripes, simply because he was in her way and she got tired of his shit.

Hahaha! That would be awesome. "Clash of Titans" would get a totally new sense ... And especially the reason for killing pinstripes is so cool: "because he was in her way" ... Hahaha ... !

UndeadSweeper
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:15 AM
It's going to be a big jaw dropper when Scratch ends up being the one reading the journals at the very end of the story. She'll have slayed everyone in her path; opening the flood gates on Boulder, Colorado so the starving zombies could have a feast. She'll have killed Pinstripes, simply because he was in her way and she got tired of his shit.

The best part, she'll be reading the journals to her unborn baby, rubbing her baby bump with teary eyes. We'll never know who the father was.

Feck! Is it Monday yet?! I just want to know the reason for the assembly!

Nope, it will be Skittles, the baby daddy and the new leader of the Zombies Hordes.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Damn brilliant prediction (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3556-We-re-Not-Dead-43&p=46298&viewfull=1#post46298)

^ this

UndeadSweeper
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Damn brilliant prediction (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3556-We-re-Not-Dead-43&p=46298&viewfull=1#post46298)

^ this

Wouldn't this cause a move to Dunbar: better security, more weapons and food produce. If that happen I predict Pete won't make it, since he the only character that currently the only red shirt in party.

Bullethead
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:32 AM

Has anyone given thought to the posibility that Bixby is not the only one who witnessed Victor climb into the tanker? Perhaps someone has let word out that they have a stowaway and the reason for the headcount is to execute Gatekeeper and or Bixby.

I imagine if things really were better with Gatekeeper for the colonists, than executing him would be a big blow to the moral of the colonists who may have been holding out hope that he would somehow save them from the Mallers. So perhaps they know about Victor and are going to make a public thing about it, resulting in Gatekeepers punishment.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Has anyone given thought to the posibility that Bixby is not the only one who witnessed Victor climb into the tanker? Perhaps someone has let word out that they have a stowaway and the reason for the headcount is to execute Gatekeeper and or Bixby.

I imagine if things really were better with Gatekeeper for the colonists, than executing him would be a big blow to the moral of the colonists who may have been holding out hope that he would somehow save them from the Mallers. So perhaps they know about Victor and are going to make a public thing about it, resulting in Gatekeepers punishment.

It could also be the guard that left his post early. This can be use to make an example to the rest of the colony.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Wouldn't this cause a move to Dunbar: better security, more weapons and food produce. If that happen I predict Pete won't make it, since he the only character that currently the only red shirt in party.

Maybe. In order for it to work, they have to spill the beans that Michael and the gang are at Ft. Irwin and that they can be contacted via SAT phone. Not sure if Glen is the only one that can fix it or if Tardust is in the know regarding communications. But yeah, I can totally see Pete biting the dust. Dunbar apartments might be safe though. Glen and Pete don't even know where it is since they were blindfolded. So, maybe CJ escapes being captured and is able to help Michael plan an assault/rescue operation on the colony, using Dunbar as a base of operations? It's a rad idea that Osiris put forth and now I just took it and ran with it! I need to put my imagination to rest now.

Winston
Aug 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I don't think the Roll Call has anything to do with Victor showing up. It's too convenient and KC has shown more subtlety when it comes to story telling. I'm not a fan of the &quot;I saw you sneak in...

zombeh-kitteh
Aug 17th, 2012, 12:24 AM

When Bixby said he "saw" Victor get in, I thought perhaps he had seen the mirror flash that was the signal to Victor, realizing that someone was trying to set something up and then just played along to see what would happen; or maybe saw his reflection in the water or something as he was climbing into the hatch or out of his peripheral vision...

But you raise a good point.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 17th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Imho its possible but very unlikely that someone else saw Victor. C'mon, they watched the colony, they knew the only person around would be the driver, it would be damnable luck if a maller was just passing by and saw everything.

What I don't ignore is the fact that Gatekeeper and Bixby have a history of lousy secret management skills. Maybe someone overheard them called for arms, maybe Durai has a Pegs of his own to tell on that shaky plan... Only Mr Whiskers knows...

Dyhoerium
Aug 17th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I'm thinking they're doing roll call for one of two (possibly related) reasons.

1. Pete, Roman, and Glenn snuck out of the colony. Maybe the Mallers think there are missing people and they want to figure out who. As has been pointed out previously, Tardust had a list of slaves when he found Lizzy.
2. Someone found the blood bath left over from CJ and Saul going Kill Bill on the zombies outside the garage with the '67 Shelby in it. They said they were going to put a tarp on it, but a big tarp draped over something resembling bodies directly outside of a garage door? I think that would spark some curiousity.

My guess is this doesn't have anything to do with Durai, Scratch, or Angel - it's simply slave management protocol (or the Mallers making sure there aren't people outside their walls plotting a hostile takeover). I do believe this will be a problem because Saul is already in position, so something big is going to go down! Can't wait!!

This is the first episode of the last 6 or so that I haven't been hoping we learn about the happenings of Fort Irwin. The only thing I care about right now is seeing the attack plays out. This, of course, means we're going back to Irwin.

Zombiphobe
Aug 17th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I have to say I have a hard time believing Gatekeeper's reformation. He said he was sorry for killing Marcus, but as Advenureless_Hero pointed out, he did more than just kill him:

I recall him saying that he'd enjoy making it look like Marcus had been attacked by biters. It's one thing to plan a coup to overthrow a dictator, but it's another thing to enjoy mutilating their corpse
Let's also remember, that the Gatekeeper was staging the coup for his own ambitious purposes. Marcus stood between him and power and that's why he was eliminated. The Gatekeeper had no problem with how the Colony was being run, except that he wanted to be the one running it. He had no plans to reform their policies or ensure fair treatment of the slave-like workers. In fact his closest ally freely tazed those same workers.

He then had to be reminded that he killed Sean, before apologizing. Sean was definitely not a dictator, but actually lived among the residents and improved their quality of life. Sean's crime: he took a postition that the Gatekeeper thought should be his.

He didn't apologize about planning to kill Michael once he was through with Marcus. And why? Because Michael stepped on his toes and got in the way of his rise to power. Sure he hit Bixby with a shovel, but that was in defense of someone being tazed.

I think Victor should have kept reminding him of things he should be apologizing for.

"Oh, you did me a favor in telling the Colony that I was dead so they wouldn't keep looking for me? Wasn't that only after you failed to have them actually kill me?"

Victor said the Gatekeeper had some seriously sick stuff going on upstairs (in his head). Remember that dad who showed up with his kids? He had them shot, along with the recon team that brought them in.

Now that he has met his match with Scratch, my opinion of him has not changed. In short I agree with Tales from Valhalla:

Just because he has his tail between his legs doesn't mean he's a changed man. He had power, he was happy, people were not killed... Until this point I've seen nothing but Gatekeeper acting like a psycho nutfreak.
And I would think Victor (of all people) would be wary of this as well.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hell yes. Although Pete and Glen say things got a little better when Gatekeeper took over, I can't look passed those effed up things he did. Gatekeeper seems like the type that looks at things in...

Zombiphobe
Aug 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'm just waiting for CJ to learn that this ally they are working with is actually the one who orchestrated Sean's death. She won't be happy.

Stuv
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
This would be a really interesting time in the story development for Michael and the Fort Irwin crew to reappear. Michael knows about the existence of the colony and has intel on its layout personnel etc. I feel as if Kimmet would want to corral any survivors and put them to work either in boulder or at Irwin. An assault on the colony at the same time Victor and company are trying to instigate a coup could be really interesting

facebook.com/alexinks
Aug 21st, 2012, 12:41 PM

poor CJ, Saul is a pimp.

Bullethead
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I can't recall but I think it was this chapter, and I do not recall anyone making a big deal about it.

Perhaps this was known but it seemed rare to me. Did anyone else hear that the zombies bleed out? I believe this was the chapter where they cracked the garage door open just slightly and CJ used her katana to take off the ankles of the biters.
After which I heard her say something along the lines of "see they'll bleed out"

Robzombie
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah I noticed and listened to just that part a couple times to make sure I heard right. Makes sense though...blood is the bodies lube and if there is none then at least its incapacitated (and indeed maybe die)....thats why I do not think that the zombies are dead per se...not like old school reanimated corpses (yet not saying that they can not be), but infected humans.

Bullethead
Aug 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
glad im not the only one. It raises another question to me than though.

How can they survive gunshots? would they not bleed out via those also? Sure not immediately but at a later time perhaps?

My only guess would be Gravity. They probably do not have a beating heart, thus blood is not pumping and gun shots would not cause a bleed out. However if it were a lower placed wound, gravity would cause the remaining blood to flow down and out of it.

Robzombie
Aug 29th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Gun shots only bleed out for a little while and will stop bleeding. Of course this also depends on where your hit, but most wounds, gunshots, stabs etc only bleed out momentarily while the blood begins to clot and the surrounding flesh closes around the wound and there is no constant pumping blood supply. The body also shuts down blood delivery to wounds by narrowing capillaries and veins.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
bleed out? That remind me of a question I had. It was about the zombie that CJ mention "let it bleed it out". I always throught blood ,like gas/oil in a car, it keep the body moving and flowing and without you won't be able to move without pain. Why was this an important fact?

BigBossMan
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
bleed out? That remind me of a question I had. It was about the zombie that CJ mention "let it bleed it out". I always throught blood ,like gas/oil in a car, it keep the body moving and flowing and without you won't be able to move without pain. Why was this an important fact?

Maybe because they aren't undead, just transformed.

Robzombie
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:36 PM
and to let us know that its not just destruction of the brain that kills them, as CJ had already figured out. Without blood they are N.F.G..

Cabbage Patch
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
We know that zombies are harder to stop with gunshots than normal humans, but that headshots will drop them immediately. I suspect that the issue has less to do with the zombies being undead, and more to do with their not reacting to pain or shock. They remind me of the Moro tribesmen during the Philippine Insurrection and the Viking Berserkers. Both groups were famously able to psych themselves into a mental state where they could shrug off horrible injuries and continue to attack, right up to the point where they dropped dead from blood loss.

LiamKerrington
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hi there,

maybe the blood-pressure is pretty low - low enough that the blood keeps circling for the basic and minimum nutrition-distribution - if there is any pulse after all.
Getting shot into the chest or the arms has little affect after all - especially with a low blood-pressure or a low pulse. But if you are wounded at the feet - which I understood was the case in this episode, when CJ cut into the Zeds -, all the blood in the higher parts of the body simply create "pressure" on this low-end wounding, which is why they bleed out.

And yes: I realized it as well and have thought about it a bit; but I have not concluded anything yet - which applies to this posting. It's just some thoughts to throw in ...

All the best!
Liam

Penguine
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Just a thought... Many police departments switched from a 9mm duty weapon to a .45 calibre due to people hopped up on drugs. Im not saying the zombies in the story are crack addicts, but if a normal human can amp up on crack and meth and get shot multiple times and still function for quite a while due to the drugs keeping everything going, why can't the zombies be drugged up and able to take round after round to the chest? Of course a head shot stops ya cold, as would hitting an artery. It would be interesting with CJ's "bleed out" revelation if they could find a way to test it more. For example by cutting the femoral artery, or the carotid artery, or by a chest shot to the heart. Would definetly save on bullets in the future.