PDA

View Full Version : this made me laugh

reaper239
Jul 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
so, the campus that i work on has a courtyard area with hills in it and walkways crisscrossing between the hills. today i went to the next building to get coffee at the tim hortons, because somehow a canadian coffee company got a contract on a US army base, and when i walked out i say something that made me laugh out loud. last week an email went out notifying everyone that tony's, the local gut truck, would be setting up shop in the courtyard. last week i went to see some demos of equipment and one demonstrated how a certain peice of equipment could overcome a peice of armor in defilade. when i walked outside today, i saw tony's setting up between two hills, in exact mimicry of the APC i saw in defilade last week. i couldn't help but laugh at rediculousness of seeing a gut truck in defilade, on an army base. it was funny.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Here's something from today's news that made me laugh. The Westboro Baptist Church has made a name for itself by picketing at the funerals of soldiers who were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, claiming that their deaths are God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality. This week the Westboro group decided to picket at an event organized by Glenn Beck in Dallas. Yesterday they were met by a counter-protest conducted by zombies.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zombies-westboro-620x344.jpg
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/zombies-confront-westboro-protesters-as-they-trample-the-american-flag-picket-against-the-military-in-wa/

reaper239
Jul 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
westboro doesn't really do funerals anymore. too many bikers show up with patriot gaurd riders.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
westboro doesn't really do funerals anymore. too many bikers show up with patriot gaurd riders.

You have to give Westboro credit for one thing. Who else could bring together veterans, gays, bikers and zombies to oppose them?