PDA

View Full Version : Bricks crime

sailorangel59
Jul 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else have a feeling Bricks original crime does not fit a maximum security sentence? His behavior, demeanor and other actions seem to indicate he is not a murderer, rapist, violent...

kek
Jul 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking that since Bricks goes along with what the mallers want for the most part, he is used to working with people who do commit crimes that get them locked in maximum security. He may have been part of a crime that people worse than him committed, or maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It happens to people all the time, evidence seems to point to them and people don't look any deeper than that. Or maybe he is someone they found who survived, and just went with the mallers for convenience. Who knows what could have happened.

Luna Guardian
Jul 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with the original assumption that Bricks doesn't really fit the profile. However, my guess would be that he is generally calm and collected, even kind, but prone to violent and destructive outbursts if pushed the right way or too far, maybe under the effects of alcohol. I know people like that in real life, and if he had killed someone or hurt someone enough during one of those outbursts, it could have hhad him sent to a prison like the one in the story.

Vlarken
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I agree with the original assumption that Bricks doesn't really fit the profile. However, my guess would be that he is generally calm and collected, even kind, but prone to violent and destructive outbursts if pushed the right way or too far, maybe under the effects of alcohol. I know people like that in real life, and if he had killed someone or hurt someone enough during one of those outbursts, it could have hhad him sent to a prison like the one in the story.

This is what I was thinking too. But also, I seem to remember in one part of "The Remains of Eastern Bay", or whichever episode it is that Saul follows Latch and Scratch to the mall, when Latch and Scratch are in the clothing store, Latch says that he 'took the rap' for Scratch. So I think he was in prison because he said he did whatever crime that Scratch did. I think she might have been at her third strike (in California, if you get three felonies, you go to prison for life; or at least, I'm pretty sure that's what the law is), and that's why he took the fall for her.

Luna Guardian
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:14 PM
You think Bricks is in jail for that? I agree that Latch was in jail for that reason, but I doubt KC would pulll that trick again with Bricks

Vlarken
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:17 PM
You think Bricks is in jail for that? I agree that Latch was in jail for that reason, but I doubt KC would pulll that trick again with Bricks

Oh. My. God. Today has just been my day to play the complete dunce. I misread Bricks as Latch. :mad: So... Please disregard everything I just said.

Luna Guardian
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Oh. My. God. Today has just been my day to play the complete dunce. I misread Bricks as Latch. :mad: So... Please disregard everything I just said.

It's all good, happens to all of us at some point :).

Vlarken
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
It's all good, happens to all of us at some point :).

True. Today I've had around three or so dunce moments though. :meh:

For Bricks' crime though: since he's so loyal to people, I could see him having a close friend, or being someone's bodyguard, and going too far to protect them. Possibly killing some who was trying to hurt them.