PDA

View Full Version : Zombie 5K Run

turbo
May 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone, anyone see the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K? I'll be doing the one in Indianapolis in June. Anyone else running?

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/indianapolis-in/

Adventureless_Hero
May 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
I think there is another thread about this, but it seems to be specified towards the Boston Runforyourlives event.

Anygay, yeah. I'm doing the one in Austin, TX. I have to wait till December though. So I'm training by eating Wheaties 24/7 nonstop, continuously, having rabid Cheetas chase me while I throw babies back over my shoulder to distract them, and learning to run across Olympic sized swimming pools by having homeless people form a sub-human bridge. It'll be fun...for me, and sad for all the losers I leave in my wake. Especially since I plan to eat a quart of ranch style beans the day of the race, so that will be one wicked wake.

Hellbringer
May 22nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
I think there is another thread about this, but it seems to be specified towards the Boston Runforyourlives event.

Anygay, yeah. I'm doing the one in Austin, TX. I have to wait till December though. So I'm training by eating Wheaties 24/7 nonstop, continuously, having rabid Cheetas chase me while I throw babies back over my shoulder to distract them, and learning to run across Olympic sized swimming pools by having homeless people form a sub-human bridge. It'll be fun...for me, and sad for all the losers I leave in my wake. Especially since I plan to eat a quart of ranch style beans the day of the race, so that will be one wicked wake.

The wife and I might be there in Austin as well. Still undecided on that one. If I smell anything, I'll know it's you.

Red Shirt
May 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Snap. No Atlanta location this year. Do they ever do an Atlanta run? They aught to have one on DragonCon weekend. I think the turn out would be great.

reaper239
May 22nd, 2012, 06:47 PM

ok, i admit it, i loled.

tarcher
May 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
This is really interesting. I have seen something similar from across the globe where they held a run for your life kind of fun run where you are to get past the obstacles in the form of zombies and other characters. It really is great but a cause of heated debate from within runners and zombies getting in their way to achieve what they actually want.

turbo
May 23rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
My apologies I this is a duplicate, I did a quick search before posting.

This is going to be great I think. A lot of people sign up to be zombies, makes it interesting. Even though they are fake, i think there will be a big scare factor still that will get the adrenaline flowing!

Cabbage Patch
Jun 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
They're doing a Zombie Run at this year's San Diego Comic Con. The event will run during the Con dates, July 12-14, and require a separate registration, which is good since you can't get tickets to the Con at this point.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1989&d=1340320103

Here's a link to an article with details on how to register: http://latino-review.com/2012/06/20/comic-con-2012-the-walking-dead-zombie-run-tickets/