PDA

View Full Version : Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day!

Cabbage Patch
May 4th, 2012, 07:43 PM
On the off chance that there are any comic book nerds among us, don't forget that Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day! This is a once-a-year event during which publishers print up special editions of some of their most popular comic book lines and give them away free to anyone who shows up at their local comic book store.

For information on which stores are participating, and on what titles they'll be giving away check this website: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

I plan to take a load of nephews, nieces and neighbors kids; there's nothing like the sight of young nerds scarfing up free stuff! I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!

Hellbringer
May 4th, 2012, 09:03 PM
On the off chance that there are any comic book nerds among us, don't forget that Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day! This is a once-a-year event during which publishers print up special editions of some of their most popular comic book lines and give them away free to anyone who shows up at their local comic book store.

For information on which stores are participating, and on what titles they'll be giving away check this website: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

I plan to take a load of nephews, nieces and neighbors kids; there's nothing like the sight of young nerds scarfing up free stuff! I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!

I think one or two of the shops in my area are doing it on Saturday and Sunday. If my kids are good, I'll take them on Sunday. Can't do it Saturday because the wife and I are going to Austin tomorrow.
The family has enjoyed Free Comic Day for the last several years. It's a good time, and definitely an excuse to get out of the house and experience other mediums. Besides, it's a gateway for people to enjoy all these comic book movies even more.

Cabbage Patch
May 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
This is only going to be topical for a short time, so I'm going to bump it.

Osiris
May 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Star Wars/Serenity!!!
Mouse Guard!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUFFY/GUILD?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabbage Patch
May 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Here are the free comics I picked up today (almost all for nieces and nephews, but the Serenity is for me!). There is still time to get to your local comic book store and score your own today!

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Took all three kids after the wife and I got back from our zipline tour. The two places we went to had signs saying they were out of the free ones, but we found one hidden in the Archie Comics section. So the littlest one got a Smurfs/Tinkerbell comic for free. We did get to meet an inker for Marvel Comics during the 90s and 00s as well. The kiddies had fun, even if their bags were a little less full today.

RobAnderson
May 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!

Hey, thanks for mentioning my comic book, and I hope you were able to pick up a copy! I did a signing at an area store for Free Comic Book Day and had a couple We're Alive listeners stop by. As a big fan of We're Alive myself, that was fun.

Hope everyone had a great FCBD!

Osiris
May 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Sadly, my LCS has gone the way of the Dodo.