PDA

View Full Version : Where was Saul?

Grognaurd
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:05 AM
Ok, this has bothered me from way back. On the first night what is Saul doing? Lizzy starts banging on the door and Michael yells for help. Angel has time to run to Michael, back to his room, back to Michael and Saul has not arrived.

What is he doing that is so important that he does not deploy to the alarm?

My assumption is cell phones might be operational, if not, land lines. But, who is he calling?

yarri
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Ok, this has bothered me from way back. On the first night what is Saul doing? Lizzy starts banging on the door and Michael yells for help. Angel has time to run to Michael, back to his room, back to Michael and Saul has not arrived.

What is he doing that is so important that he does not deploy to the alarm?

My assumption is cell phones might be operational, if not, land lines. But, who is he calling?

He was asleep the first night she arrived and was banging on the door. The 3 of them had cleared the entire apartment building with minimal assistance from the civvies and no functional elevator so they cleared it the old fashion way on foot. Makes a guy tired which is why Michael slept 24 hours straight. Fatigue does that to a body after a 70 hour week at work my first off day I sleep on average 16 hours.

He didn't deploy to the alarm cause he didn't hear it. We never did find out what room he was sleeping in and in what location in the building.

Which part are you talking about Saul calling? You're right cells and land lines are out at this time.

Osiris
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Could be as simple as he was taking a shit.

IamPaul
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
I always wondered this too. He says something about being right down, disappears, then shows up after the fact. I think I am remembering that right. Saul = Rat! The last chapter about Kalani was KC just messing with our brains about the rat! I knew it! But seriously, what was Saul doing?

awkwardalex
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM
If Saul is anything like my brother the house could be on fire but finding that one little thing (cell phone, shoes....) is more important than anything.

Osiris
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM
I need my hat, it's my lucky hat. I won't fly without it.

Grognaurd
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
The way I remember is there is banging, Michael Yells for help. I remember hearing Angel and Saul. Angel gets there first and says he forgot the keys. He runs back upstairs then back down to Michael. THEN, Saul shows up and starts to apologize, but Michael tells him not to worry about it.

yarri
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
The way I remember is there is banging, Michael Yells for help. I remember hearing Angel and Saul. Angel gets there first and says he forgot the keys. He runs back upstairs then back down to Michael. THEN, Saul shows up and starts to apologize, but Michael tells him not to worry about it. I'll re-listen its been a while since I've listened to that part. I don't remember hearing Saul's voice in that part.

Grognaurd
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
I just listened again. My yells. We hear Saul curse and then Angel. Angel gets there first and says Aren't we going to wait for.

Michael:
"Saul Angel get down here"

Saul:
What? Shit! What time is it?

Angel
Ah, coming

Michael:
We got something

Angel:
Is it in the lobby?

Michael:
I do not know come on.

Angel
Aren't we going to wait for --

Michael
N N N N No time come on

So, yes, I hear Saul reply to Michael. Angel has time to run down one flight of stairs through the door into the lobby, realize he does not have his keys, run back up, get key, run back down to the door to the lobby.

It is chapter 2, Part 1 ~ 8min mark

Osiris
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
So what you're saying is... Saul's the other rat.

Grognaurd
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
I would not go so far as to say rat. But, with KC, things are not what they seem and there are little snipets that often fly under the radar.

yarri
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I would not go so far as to say rat. But, with KC, things are not what they seem and there are little snipets that often fly under the radar.

Now you've got me wondering where the hell was he... Nice catch as always

Grognaurd
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks yarri. I have a few others that I will dole out.

Osiris
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM

I agree that a lot of shit slips through. I'll admit that I had always been a little suspicious of Saul, not necessarily with regard to being The Rat, just his general behaviour. He's far too unstable and lacks the ability to remove himself emotionally from what's happening around him. Definitely not officer material and absolutely not leadership material.

reaper239
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
but saul was never an officer, and most certainly never a leader. he always followed michaels lead.

7oddisdead
Apr 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
simplle answer that nobody wants to hear...saul found the room with all the "adult movies" first...

ha.

Osiris
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:02 AM
but saul was never an officer, and most certainly never a leader. he always followed michaels lead.

Nobody said he was. :hsugh:

Grognaurd
Aug 19th, 2013, 02:10 PM
/bump

This still bothers me. Maybe KC did not want too many voices in the scene, but more voices would add to the chaos and that seems appropriate to me. So, I think this happens for a reason and expect it to be addressed in the final season.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yep, and we never hear Saul's explanation. In fact, when Angel tells Michael where he an Saul stayed that night he says, "Me and Saul stayed in the... here." or something. It is like he changed what he was about to say mid-sentence.

LiamKerrington
Aug 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Interesting. This has slipped my attention, although I have a feeling of Deja vu ...