PDA

View Full Version : How a baby would influence the story...

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:33 AM
If pegs, lizzy, or even Riley have a baby i don't think it will be a nice haven for everyone. (btw this whole thread was started because from what others have said about them being or getting pregnant) ya sure they will all be nice and help when she first has it but if you know what ever hits the fan I could see them possibly ditching both of them... Or at least telling her to leave it. Im not saying they will be cold blooded killers that will ditch the kid at any possible second but let's say they are traveling through the sewers. (this is completely hypothetical) now let's say they have to climb some ladder or something as the zombies are chasing them and the mom can't climb and hold the baby at the same time... I just for some reason see them saying to leave it and save herself... Not the father (of course) but the others... It would probably be at least one way that having a baby at this point in time would be a very good idea... I know this is all just made up on the chance that one of the members of the group is pregnant but what is your opinion on young kids (newborn to 3 years old) during a time like this?

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:35 AM
When I said very good.. I meant very bad sorry

Eviebae
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
If pegs, lizzy, or even Riley have a baby i don't think it will be a nice haven for everyone.

Yes, true. They'd probably do better if they ever get somewhere settled. Babies are fragile, noisy and smelly...and so kuuuuute!!!:D

Something that's always puzzled me though, is how throughout history infant mortality was really high--heck, mortality in general was high--but they always had enough disposable population to starve and treat badly.

yarri
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:04 AM
For humanity to survive and over come the zombie Apocalypse they will have to breed before the current population of women become infertile due to age or risk having deformed children due to age. Women do not have an unlimited time to breed. after 35 it becomes more difficult without good medical attention.

Eviebae
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
For humanity to survive and over come the zombie Apocalypse they will have to breed before the current population of women become infertile due to age or risk having deformed children due to age. Women do not have an unlimited time to breed. after 35 it becomes more difficult without good medical attention.

Yeesh, or give birth without good medical attention. I've read that even with top notch care 6-8% of women need a cesarean. Plus, survivors will have to spread the gene pool around so you don't get recessive genetic traits being expressed. Yarri, as a nurse, it is your duty to survive the coming apocalypse!

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Remember that they are on a military base... Although it may not be the most trained professionals there is at least common medical supplies that could help... And I'm sure the military wouldn't mind lending them the supplies to help the next generation... Idk do you think kc would make one of them pregnant? What if he threw a real curveball and had her have a miscarriage in like the eighth month... That would be terrible

yarri
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Yeesh, or give birth without good medical attention. I've read that even with top notch care 6-8% of women need a cesarean. Plus, survivors will have to spread the gene pool around so you don't get recessive genetic traits being expressed. Yarri, as a nurse, it is your duty to survive the coming apocalypse!

I know I've been told that I'm to not get dead when the zombies arrive.

reaper239
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:24 AM
like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. they will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in the court.

psalms 127: 4-5

yarri
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:47 AM
like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. they will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in the court.

psalms 127: 4-5

Why do you make posts like this when I can't rep you? You do this to tease me right? *face palm*

reaper239
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'

not exactly ezekiel 25:17, but still a great line

Eviebae
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I know I've been told that I'm to not get dead when the zombies arrive.

Your kids? That sounds like kid grammar.

yarri
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Your kids? That sounds like kid grammar.

Yep my four year old told me that. He went on to say that he would shoot me were the dead part to happen. I felt very loved.

This is the same four year old that had to hold my hand during the walking dead and tell me "Its not real Mommy, if it were real we'd shoot them in the head"

I <3 him

mem
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'

not exactly ezekiel 25:17, but still a great line

1. it's great because it is Biblical
2. it is from Pulp Fiction

it's a win win

yarri
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:29 AM
1. it's great because it is Biblical
2. it is from Pulp Fiction

it's a win win

Yes cause all things that are Reaper posts are at times insightful, somewhat insane but always entertaining... *face palm* Gah.. I'm such a fangirl.

Miss
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
yarri I dont want this to sound rude or anything but I am confused as to why you were letting a four year old watch a show meant for adults? even a mature 4 year old should not be watching an adult program

yarri
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
yarri I dont want this to sound rude or anything but I am confused as to why you were letting a four year old watch a show meant for adults? even a mature 4 year old should not be watching an adult program

Well it does sound rude and on a public forum rather judgmental. You want to ask me that same question in a pm I might answer it.

yoyoyoyo15
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I agree... I honestly don't see any problem with the kid listening... Other than the cursing... I mean... He probably wouldn't understand most of it and what he does probably wont affect him as an adult... Plus he is going to hear it eventually...

yarri
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I agree... I honestly don't see any problem with the kid listening... Other than the cursing... I mean... He probably wouldn't understand most of it and what he does probably wont affect him as an adult... Plus he is going to hear it eventually...

The genre of zombies is fantasy based they do not exist in this world in any form as they do on tv or on the forum. Now had she asked me if I let him watch things like criminal minds or any reality based cop show.. the answer would have been no. All three of my kids are die hard fantasy sci fi freaks and I made very sure that from the moment they could understand what reality is and fiction is. Zombies are fiction. If he couldn't grasp it he wouldn't be watching..

yoyoyoyo15
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
You sound like a very responsible person... Honestly I don't understand why zombies are even classified in the horror genre... It's not that scary to me... Especially the ones that just walk... Lol wouldnt it be awesome if it was like zombieland where you find some redneck and walk around without any fear... Amazing

yarri
Apr 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM
You sound like a very responsible person... Honestly I don't understand why zombies are even classified in the horror genre... It's not that scary to me... Especially the ones that just walk... Lol wouldnt it be awesome if it was like zombieland where you find some redneck and walk around without any fear... Amazing

My mother would disagree with you when my eldest was 6 and my middle kid was 4 I tore up grandma's kitchen making fake blood. My mother was less then pleased with me and the quart of stuff in her fridge. But my kids asked me... what the movies used for blood so I made some Karo corn syrup and red food dye. ( alot of red food dye). What a joyous sticky mess.