PDA

View Full Version : The voice of Saul reminds me of...

jobe13
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone ever watch Parks & Recreation on NBC? I used to hate that show, but my wife loves it and after watching a couple of episodes I came around, mainly due to the Ron Swanson character. But there's a character on the show named Tom, and I appologize but the actor's name escapes me. But Tom's voice and Saul's voice is damn near identical. So much so that I swore it was the same actor. Of course I know it isn't after checking the profiles, but if anyone gets a chance, go watch the show and see if it's not just me.

Zombiephyllic
Aug 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I can agree. They do sound similar. The actor's name is Aziz Ansari. See him in the action comedy of the summer "30 Minutes or Less" in theaters now!

Zombiehead
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Chris Rock...I strongly disagree. :p

zzfist
Sep 7th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I strongly disagree. :p

Me too i hate Saul being compared to Chris Rock or any Wayans Brothers they dont sound a like theyre way off

Futuristic_Aussie
Sep 12th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Saul reminds me so much of Brandon T. Jackson...

Anyone reply back if they agree.

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Saul's voice reminds me of Nate Geez.
I love Saul.

socali
Oct 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Saul's voice reminds me of Nate Geez as well :)

philipabraham
Nov 8th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Spammers spamming their spam get the spam hammer......kinda like the ban hammer, except in this instance I come in and change your post after you got the ban hammer.

socali
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
It just hit me after listening to Tribe Called Quest and Saul sounds a lot like Q-Tip. I love Tip's voice. :D

Witch_Doctor
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
It just hit me after listening to Tribe Called Quest and Saul sounds a lot like Q-Tip. I love Tip's voice. :D

I thought same too. He also reminds me of an actor from a sitcom called 'Girlfriends.'

uuhhhuuu
Jul 13th, 2012, 11:08 PM
PERFECT image of Saul http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0949810/

ClearSights
Jul 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
PERFECT image of Saul http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0949810/

I have never pictured saul as being african american. Always white or mixed to me.

yarri
Jul 14th, 2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3666720512/nm2938041

OMG this guy would be the perfect Saul ...... :hsugh:

ClearSights
Jul 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3666720512/nm2938041

OMG this guy would be the perfect Saul ...... :hsugh:

Ezactly what I think he looks like....:yay:

yarri
Jul 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ezactly what I think he looks like....:yay:

Lol I'm glad someone agrees with me and omg he sounds like him too.

yarri
Jul 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
To this day my favorite line ever from saul is

Scratch: I see you!

Saul: I see you too, Bitch!

facebook.com/alexinks
Jul 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM
what's weird about how i perceive Saul as
a dark skinned latino. I'm hispanic myself and
growing up in the city, his voice is familiar to me
of other latinos, although i believe he is supposed
to be african american. I don't know the racial
background of his actor. Well, his mother certainly
sounds african american... ha ha i hope this doesn't
make me sound racist. so in my head i picture him
as half Dominican (or Puertorican) and African American.

Vlarken
Jul 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM
A long time ago, I was watching an episode of that awesome, cheesy Animal Planet show called Lost Tapes. The episode was about the Mongolian Deathworm, I think, and one of the characters in it sounded exactly like Saul to me. I couldn't find the actor's name to see if it actually was though. Does anyone know the actor who plays Saul's past acting experience? I've always really wanted to know if it was him or not.

Christopher kitto
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
It might just be me but does Saul sounds like the scout from team fortress 2?
Have also assumed he looks like him as well, butch then again he's of a simerler temperament.

A quick introduction to the scout.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=geNMz0J9TEQ

bohemianroxie
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Actually Nate Geez turned out to be exactly the way that I pictured Saul. I'm supposing he is of some mixed Latino heritage..but what it is-it's perfect. I love his voice..and Michael's...and Burt's.

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Okay so is Saul supposed to be African American? Because my mind won't stop picturing him as Puerto Rican

LOGOMAN
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Okay so is Saul supposed to be African American? Because my mind won't stop picturing him as Puerto Rican

I know what you mean...Same here

Spacely
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Saul has to be part african american, when michael come to the colony and meets his mom, he described her as being black. Plus he does sound black to me, saul is my favorite character and he would look exactly like lee jackson, well to me at least.

Spacely
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM
ANNNDD Nate Geez IS the voice of Saul. :p

hastalatata
Jan 21st, 2014, 05:34 AM
Saul gave me a East LA (mexican) vibe from the beginning, so when they said his mother was black I was thrown off. But he could be mixed. Tanya voice is too Southern to be from Cali. Who is his daddy? and then I can answer my it. He whines like Tom from Parks and Recs but he doesnt sound like him. And Chris Rock??? Not!

Elisa
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:59 AM
Southern California has many transplants.