PDA

View Full Version : Scott Sigler

badhead
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone listen to his book podcasts, or read his books? Who do you think should play Perry dawsy in the films

7oddisdead
Aug 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I've read/listened to all of siglers work..a def. Fave of mine...the interesting thing about his books is the majority of his Sci fi concepts are based in some form of reality...scotts an admitted skeptic, so the realism he can bring to the subject matter makes the work all the more enjoyable...

And I totally agree with the Kevin Nash assessment...a good fit for the part.

timberwoof
Aug 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Kevin Nash would be a good one. He's got the size that's for sure. I've been listening to all of his Podcast Novels and am caught up on "The Starter." I'm actually thinking about going to get the books. See how much is left out of the podcasts.

Luna Guardian
Aug 12th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I listened to Contagious. Very good, I liked it a lot. Although the ending was...surprising.

Nullifier
Aug 12th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I've listened to a few of his audio books, can't remember which ones, I can't access itunes, I used FireFox browser, now using CometBird, there's a script on the itunes page that keeps hanging up both Browsers, so anything hosted there is out of the question for me.

badhead
Aug 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
not sure. But if Infected was a hit, and they make a movie out of contagious, they may cut out some of the scenes of child killing ( even thought the children and the people doing it are under mind control). I really cant see a mainstream movie showing an adult kicking a 12 year old boy in the face over and over till he dies, and perry breaking the 10 year olds spine is played for laughs.

Zombiefrog
Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
i have listened to all of his podcasts and have then gone onto buy his audio books as i am not American i do struggle on the ones within the GFL (NFL) but still enjoy them. i also love the science part of the stories. he does rewrite some of the books ancestor was changes slightly also nocturnal was rewritten so will be good to hear that! i love the was Scott brings the stories to life with his voice congrats to the FDO!!!!

Krakens
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
i have listened to all of his podcasts and have then gone onto buy his audio books as i am not American i do struggle on the ones within the GFL (NFL) but still enjoy them. i also love the science part of the stories. he does rewrite some of the books ancestor was changes slightly also nocturnal was rewritten so will be good to hear that! i love the was Scott brings the stories to life with his voice congrats to the FDO!!!!

I've listened to all of Scott's works and have been a member on his site since early on. I love all of his books but I think Nocturnal and Earthcore are tied for my two favorites. It was actually on his site that I heard about We're Alive. :-)

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:18 AM
i loved the rookie, but haven't read the starter yet (want to)

GodofInsanity
Mar 11th, 2012, 11:03 PM
The Rookie and The Starter were great. Am listening to The All Pro now loving it

Nitara
Apr 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Scott Sigler is one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed everything he's written. I especially like the Crypt and GFL series.

COsurvivor
May 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
http://www.podiobooks.com/podiobooks/search.php?keyword=sigler

Here is a link to about 8 different Scott Sigler audibooks... ALL FOR FREE!

Lilydragon
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:35 AM
I have listened to the Crypt, Earthcore, and a few others. Try Phil Rossi too, he writes horror. If you listen to the Crypt, Scott kills off a lot of the other podcast writers. Mur Laferty and Phil Rossi both get knocked off in the same episode. In this one he also uses the same name of one character from another story, I think it's Ancestor. I've asked when he's going to write the next book for this and he said he'll start at the end of next year if he doesn't have to do too many revisions on his latest and next book.

Edit: I listened to Kissyman and the Gentleman not too long ago, and that one is WEIRD... You'd have to listen to it to get what I'm talking about. Like the reason the main character is named Kissyman...