PDA

View Full Version : Any Gay Characters Coming To We're Alive?

Daniel Glenn
Aug 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror has come into the Twenty-First Century by featuring some gay characters in their plot lines; Willow of 'Buffy', Gaeta and Hoshi on 'Battlestar Galactica', and Sam Adama on 'Caprica', just to name three. Do you think that we'll see such a character on 'We're Alive'? If we do, I hope they make him or her a-hard-as-nails character just like Michael or Kelly.

Kahlua85
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror has come into the Twenty-First Century by featuring some gay characters in their plot lines; Willow of 'Buffy', Gaeta and Hoshi on 'Battlestar Galactica', and Sam Adama on 'Caprica', just to name three. Do you think that we'll see such a character on 'We're Alive'? If we do, I hope they make him or her a-hard-as-nails character just like Michael or Kelly.

What about Riley? Im not convinced that she doesn't like men but I am convinced that she does like women.

nikvoodoo
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
As this is a more generic thread than the specific conversation we've had elsewhere (regarding Riley), I won't merge it to the About Riley (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?91-About-Riley) thread.

If you'd also like to be technical, when Latch and Scratch are first introduced they both imply having desires to do things with Lizzy. Meaning, Ms. Scarface potentially might swing that way as well.

Daniel Glenn
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting. Yeah, I remember that comment.

kek
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
And Riley says to Saul something like that she wants Lizzy back as much as he does. Perhaps she likes her the same way he does too? I know some others have speculated about Riley swinging that way, especially with Lizzy. This might reinforce that, just a thought...

ClearSights
Aug 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I feel that Michael and Angel are going to profess there love for each other right before they are about to die and are going to kiss and that is going to be the huge secrect of We're Alive...

HardKor
Aug 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Gatekeeper was mentioned as possibly being more interested in Michael than Pegs or Kelly...but that hardly qualifies as a positive portrayal. I keep picturing him as Boggs from Shawshank Redemption.

nikvoodoo
Aug 5th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Gatekeeper was mentioned as possibly being more interested in Michael than Pegs or Kelly...but that hardly qualifies as a positive portrayal. I keep picturing him as Boggs from Shawshank Redemption.

I was going to mention him, but I did get the impression we were looking for more positive figures. I realize I mentioned Scratch but we know more about her and we've seen bits of humanity in her that make her more endearing than Gatekeeper....who is pretty one dimensional at the moment. Hopefully we get to know him better later on.

I do think Gatekeeper is legitimately homosexual vs. Boggs who was just...well...not. But I definitely can see why you might draw the "very evil and bad man" comparison between the two. We only saw Boggs in one light, much like Gatekeeper (though there is perhaps one moment of pity for Boggs as Hadley is beating the living piss out of him).

werewolf
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
i think that Riley is bi. Cause she like them tall and blonde that could be Lizzy as well as Angel

Osiris
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
As this is a more generic thread than the specific conversation we've had elsewhere (regarding Riley), I won't merge it to the About Riley (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?91-About-Riley) thread.

If you'd also like to be technical, when Latch and Scratch are first introduced they both imply having desires to do things with Lizzy. Meaning, Ms. Scarface potentially might swing that way as well.

Don't. You. Fucking. DARE.

mathuect
Oct 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I would like to see a more open gay or lesbian character. The story is great as is, but if they are looking for a way to improve that would be my say. There are tons of ways that characters can be interpreted to be bi or what not, but not so much anything else.

L8on
Oct 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
NeXt gay character is I think Pete,