PDA

View Full Version : The Thing 2011 v. Official Trailer

Osiris
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2kASeEXUo&feature=player_embedded

Anyone else excited? I admit I was on the fence about this for quite some time - being a big fan of the original and all. I hate to backpedal now but... damn. Looks pretty good.

abayarts
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Looks interesting but I didn't know it was a prequel to the John Carpenters version. It almost looks exactly the same movie minus the women. I guess it's the station where they found "The Thing"

Osiris
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Premake? Yes it certianly looks close to the original. Then again, it may be told from the perspective of the Norwegians?

cycogod
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
there running out of idea's , so there just remaking the same movie's. looks pretty good eh??

nikvoodoo
Jul 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
there running out of idea's , so there just remaking the same movie's. looks pretty good eh??

Not exactly a remake. It's taking the Norwegian perspective three days before the American outpost found the dog, at least according to that bastian of knowledge and facts: Wikipedia

smalls kenobi
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:28 AM
i don't think it's a prequel why would they call it "The Thing" instead of something llike "The Thing: The Beginning" or something. this seems more like a "Re-imagining"

i love the original, but this looks neat.

badhead
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
i wonder if they remember to set it in 1982