PDA

View Full Version : Kc's 2nd Podcast- "The Drive Home"

Kc
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Ok, so I have another podcast. Before you get all antsy about it, it's not like We're Alive... at all. BUT, it's an off-the-cuff review show based on the ride home after a movie. It's unscripted, and unedited. And here it is:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/drivehome

We have three episodes done, but just one is live for now.

Contains Spoilers!!
****Update*****
3 NEW EPISODES!!!!!! Transformers 3 - WIN WIN - and Harry Potter 7.2 ------

Luna Guardian
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
There must be secret messages related to We're Alive in here! Quick people, break down every word and decipher their meaning!

mem
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
There must be secret messages related to We're Alive in here! Quick people, break down every word and decipher their meaning!

see, she(he or it) knows of the conspiracy theories as well
bless you Luna for speaking the truth !

yarri
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Ok where is part 2 and 3?
:)

smalls kenobi
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Listening now. :)

I dig the Foley work :P

Kc
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Ok where is part 2 and 3?
:)
We'll Post them soon. One is Transformers 3, the other is Win Win. B and I didn't want to post them all at once.

yarri
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
We'll Post them soon. One is Transformers 3, the other is Win Win. B and I didn't want to post them all at once.

They were very funny and helpful. I had an idea that cars 2 was going to be a bust. The review just confirmed it its lameness on a grand scale.

cupcakezombie
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:20 AM
That was awesome. I love how Blaire was totally the boss of the podcast. It was funny hearing "Lizzy" in another situation

Magrat
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but from the sounds of things this is going to make my bus rides sooo much more interesting!

j0be
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
A piece of advice, now that I've listened to it, I'm much more aware of what you're doing, but in the first episode, I didn't know that the title was what you were literally doing. You could have this be a pre-processed thing, or just doing it on the way to the car from the theater to keep in the same vein.

Small intro to the podcast/hosts each episode is a plus. Possibly even endcap it with a pre-processed theme/foley piece with the title.

yarri
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
That was awesome. I love how Blaire was totally the boss of the podcast. It was funny hearing "Lizzy" in another situation

Cakes didn't it sound like they were wrestling over the equipment. I was dying listening to it.

StepLaugh
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I would love to listen to this, but I just dont agree which what Kc says about movies in the past, he usually doesn't like a movie, and I love it, I'll give it a shot though.

j0be
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I agree with his take on this movie. Cars 2, the only reason I saw it was my son.

He is the reason they made Cars 2. Merchandising

cupcakezombie
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM
It sounded exactly how the ride home sounds with my friends. You move around and discuss different parts of the and as someone says something you want to respond before you forget. And the 'training' you get analysing movies from high school kicks in as you look for deep meanings etc.
It will be cool to listen to other people discuss movies the way we do. Are you doing a Harry Potter one, cause that would be awesome. :)

Kc
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
It sounded exactly how the ride home sounds with my friends. You move around and discuss different parts of the and as someone says something you want to respond before you forget. And the 'training' you get analysing movies from high school kicks in as you look for deep meanings etc.
It will be cool to listen to other people discuss movies the way we do. Are you doing a Harry Potter one, cause that would be awesome. :)Of course. We have our 12:01 imax tickets...

Kc
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
3 NEW EPISODES!!!!!! Transformers 3 - WIN WIN - and Harry Potter 7.2 ------

j0be
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I totally forgot that by default, iTunes only downloads the most recent episode. I had to manually add the other two.

Kc
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I think we talk about this in the last one so here's a pic of what our costumes looked like. I spent 3 days making that headpiece. Finished it the night before.... phew.845

StepLaugh
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Her face is priceless in that picture XD

Creem_Filling
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I feel inferior now... I didn't even wear shoes when I went to the HP midnight release, and you built a whole costume. Hey, I'm going to the iMax soon, so I can still step up my game!

Leedo2502
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I went dressed as a Muggle...

j0be
Jul 18th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I went as a wizard disguised as a muggle.

No one got why I was just dressed horribly

Kc
Jul 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I went as a wizard disguised as a muggle.

No one got why I was just dressed horribly
HA HA! I love it. I don't think most would get it...

cupcakezombie
Jul 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I agree with KC:
There should have been a body for Voldy and Bella, to show that in the end they were still ONLY people, not some awesome magic beings.

Great episode though, a few things I didn't even pick up on. Thanks.

And my friends and I went dressed as a Quidditch team which was awesome.

timberwoof
Jul 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Subscribed. Haven't listened to any yet. Gonna wait til I'm at work and driving around.

Kc
Aug 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM
two new episodes are up! Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Cowboys and Aliens.

cupcakezombie
Aug 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yay! :yay:

nikvoodoo
Aug 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I am now subscribed. I wanted to wait until I saw HP7.2 before I got it. It's gonna suck when you review movies I want to see, but I never get a chance to see. Hopefully I get to Rise of the Planet of the Apes before it leaves theaters.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Aug 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
This is actually quite entertaining to listen to and it gives us an insight on how Kc thinks about how things are paced.

HP7 P2 was almost ruined for me because of irresponsible parents who should have gotten a babysitter instead of bringing the kids along (who btw, were not concerned with the movie in the least).

Lucky for me, some brave audience members told them to "shut the f**king kid up," which was met with thunderous applause and they soon fucked off.

timberwoof
Aug 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'm liking this podcast. Finally some real insight into movies. You guys touch on a lot of stuff I'm thinking throughout movies. How it could be changed, why the hell did they place that there.... stuff like that. Good job. I hope this keeps up for quite a while.

Kc
Oct 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM
New Episode has been uploaded! Real Steel. It's 37 minute long. We had a long journey home.

Pteranodon
Oct 19th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Wish ya had an mp3 version I could download and play in my primitive 2Gig mp3 dinosaur...

usmcludwig
Oct 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
@KC- is this a podcast as well?

Kc
Oct 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
@KC- is this a podcast as well?
Yes. It's on iTunes as well-

usmcludwig
Oct 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Well time to check it out good sir!

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
NEW episodes of Drive Home! Hunger Games and John Carter!

Hellbringer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
KC, you need to go see more movies. I want more.

Hellbringer
Jun 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
KC, you need to go see more movies. I want more.

Whoa, and three popped up before this weekend, and a fourth today. I'm happy.

werewolf
Jun 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
just listen to KC review of Prometheus and thank you for proving my point when i seen it. (the engineers should have re-engineered this movie.) I wasn't the only one that saw the flaws in this car wreck of a movie.

GeneTwo
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Listening now. :)

I dig the Foley work :P

Yea, it totally sounds like your in a car driving home and getting lost parts are hilarious.