PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Carol x2, Shane Salk's new project

nikvoodoo
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
I don't know how many of you saw on the facebook page, but Shane Salk (the actor who portrays Angel for those who might not know) is producing "Christmas Carol x2." He's already got a distributor signed on as well as some pretty famous voices including Bob Bergen (The voice of Skittles on We're Alive....also some obscure Warner Brothers character called Porky Pig....I dunno.....never heard of it..... ;)), both voice actors who created the iconic cartoon characters Pinky and the Brain (Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche respectively), and Robbie Rist (the man who voiced Michelangelo in the three live action TMNT movies in the 90's).

Much like every project involving the arts, they are searching for funds. If you should find it in your hearts and wallets/purses to support Shane's project the kickstarter link is right here (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/716617285/a-christmas-carol-radio-drama-x-2-0). You'll also find more information there about the project and it's dual casting in English and Spanish!

The last time a radio version was recorded of "Christmas Carol" was in 1937, and it's high time this classic gets a radio remount! Good luck to Shane and crew as they seek their funding, and with the project as a whole!

Creem_Filling
Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
I saw this and it looks really interesting. This may be one of the few times a year a break out my wallet and buy something. Good luck Shane!

Magrat
Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Oh wow! So now I know what my next paycheck'll be going towards!

yarri
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I can't wait for this project to start. A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite stories and Shane Salk is awesome!

nikvoodoo
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
So check this out guys, we just got a message from Shane with an amazing offer with details we will publish shortly, but lets just say if you are a writer of fan fictions....you might want to put pen to paper quickly!

However this kick ass offer he made only comes true if we help him reach his goal on kick starter! Sorry to be a tease, but it's a really cool deal! If you haven't donated already and can afford to support the arts: Help Shane out!

Here's the link again! (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/716617285/a-christmas-carol-radio-drama-x-2-0)

itsallgoodie
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
definitely more stuff to come to give you all an incentive to donate, but its still in the works. Soon, soon.

Grognaurd
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=nikvoodoo;23081] both voice actors who created the iconic cartoon characters Pinky and the Brain (Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche respectively)
/QUOTE]

LaMarche, what kinda name is that? LOL. Maurice is also my Brother's middle name. My grandfather was adopted into the LaMarche family ~1920. I wonder if there is a relationship?

I have not heard the radiobroadcast. BUt, George C Scott did it for Hallmark, I think. It is my favorite version.