PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Binges -- Been there done that

Grognaurd
Jun 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
In order for someone to "reek" of alcohol we are not talking about a couple of drinks. It would be even more than a few. Before the level of Reek, we will have Slurred words, before Slur we have slow down / hesitation. KC is aware of this and one only has to listen to the actors late in R&R to hear the actors try.

Although I can not smell Riley, I will take Angel's word for it. But, I did not hear any slurred words nor slow down / hesitation. In fact, I do not believe I have ever heard Riley speak that fast before.

cycogod
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Maybe she did jagerbombs? Wide awake drunk. Talk about being a zombie. Man those things were good.

COsurvivor
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:42 PM
to reek of alcohol you need to have it coming out your pores... i did that once in College... stank for a weekend i drank so much! Not a good feeling when you stop drinking though.

yarri
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM
to reek of alcohol you need to have it coming out your pores...

Or wearing it

Hellbringer
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:00 PM
all the guys and gals I used to DD for, when they were piss drunk, they reeked of alcohol, but it was mixed with sweat. Wearing a ton of beer on you smells differently then it coming out of your pores and mouth. At least to me, it does.

mascaria
Jun 7th, 2011, 08:10 PM
She was slurring.

Lab Rat
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Or wearing it

Now that you mention it, I know I'd spill a bit on myself if I were surreptitiously moving about where there was a chance of a zombie encounter. Let's say you wanted to sneak out and pass on information to a maller (not that Riley would do that), it would be less suspicious for her to smell of alcohol than cheap cologne.

ClearSights
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Did we take into effect that Hope might not know what the smell of alcohal smells like since shes only 14. So she might have not know the difference

Fishie
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Now that you mention it, I know I'd spill a bit on myself if I were surreptitiously moving about where there was a chance of a zombie encounter. Let's say you wanted to sneak out and pass on information to a maller (not that Riley would do that), it would be less suspicious for her to smell of alcohol than cheap cologne.

That's a good point, we've already seen that being soaked in alcohol puts zombies off the scent (such as when Saul broke the bottle of whiskey in chapter 5)

Grognaurd
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I also think that is interesting that Hope said she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She had difficulty breathing and began to choke up.

Similar to Pegs and Victor near ground, but not the same. I've seen similar in response to fear in stories, so that is where I lean. But, I also knw that KC can throw a hell of a curveball. So I am keeping my mind open and waiting