PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Convention - Not actually planned, just pretend.

cupcakezombie
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
If we ever got around to having a We're Alive Convention type thing what would we do?

I would love to have an afternoon playing a tower type scenario, we get to be survivors securing a tower, maybe with the cast as zombies or other survivors.

Also a cook off with the type of ingredients that the tower might have available (maybe even using the MRE's as a base, can you make them better).

What else could we do?
As this is a fake convention, cost is not really a factor

smalls kenobi
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I think it would be cooler as a summer camp type situation. We find an abandoned apartment building somewhere and live there for two weeks with maybe some planned events happening Luke in that Discovery Channel show The Colony

smalls kenobi
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I think it would be cooler as a summer camp type situation. We find an abandoned apartment building somewhere and live there for two weeks with maybe some planned events happening Luke in that Discovery Channel show The Colony

The Colony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1BblypzQNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Luna Guardian
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:54 AM
The Colony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1BblypzQNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

THAT would be awesome

Ctatyk Frost
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:37 AM
That would be interesting, but there were things about The Colony that I didn't like. One of the things was that it was obvious that no one was trying to hurt one another during the clashes. I'm sorry, but if I have a weapon (club, stick, whatever) and you're trying to invade/take what I need to survive....you're not going to survive. I'm not just going to hold up the stick & act like I'm going to hit you with it.

As for if I think that something like this would be fun...hell yeah!
Perhaps rather than other sorts of weapons, paintball guns could be used.

smalls kenobi
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
That would be interesting, but there were things about The Colony that I didn't like. One of the things was that it was obvious that no one was trying to hurt one another during the clashes. I'm sorry, but if I have a weapon (club, stick, whatever) and you're trying to invade/take what I need to survive....you're not going to survive. I'm not just going to hold up the stick & act like I'm going to hit you with it.

that's what made the second season so much better, they actually brawled :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhF4IBnJUas

nikvoodoo
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
May I suggest a reenactment or two of the major battles we've seen? Like the escape from the colony, or the War itself? Using paintballs of course. That would be just about one of the most kick ass things ever!

smalls kenobi
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
that'd be sick too :)

cupcakezombie
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Oh, a chance to make and record our own story from the ZA. Make up another group of survivors, or a different scenario for ones we know, ala Pete

Walrusgus
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:25 AM
May I suggest a reenactment or two of the major battles we've seen? Like the escape from the colony, or the War itself? Using paintballs of course. That would be just about one of the most kick ass things ever!

That would be amazing!