PDA

View Full Version : A "Meh Review"

Kc
Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
"Meh" - 2 Stars
"Meh, M-E-H meh. Over written, overly complicated, overly dramatic for a zombie story especially. And chronic downloading problems." - Hesprus.

------------------------------
I shall write a new story. John went to mall. he saw zombie. Zombie attacked. John was mad, then sad. He fought zombie with stick. Stick broke. John broke. Zombie bit John. Now john zombie. Zombie plus zombie... again.

Creem_Filling
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Lol. You've got a troop of four million ready to attack. Just say the word, and we'll mobilize.

Grognaurd
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Lol. You've got a troop of four million ready to attack. Just say the word, and we'll mobilize.

Zombilize?

Creem_Filling
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Zombilize?

I like your spunk! Yes, and we will show this "John" what We're Alive fans can do!

itsallgoodie
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
That story is gold. Pure gold. If it doesn't get published, Ill pay out of pocket to publish and print it.

TCM Revolver
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I shall write a new story. John went to mall. he saw zombie. Zombie attacked. John was mad, then sad. He fought zombie with stick. Stick broke. John broke. Zombie bit John. Now john zombie. Zombie plus zombie... again.

I called my contacts as Paramount, they want to option that story!!

HardKor
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
This "reviewer" sounds to me like the kind of person who goes into a zombie story looking for Gorn (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Gorn) without caring about the human drama. You gotta deal with those types I guess. Not everyone is going to appreciate the show the way we do.

nikvoodoo
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
I called my contacts as Paramount, they want to option that story!!

Not if my contacts at Fox Searchlight have anything to say about it!

Screw people who don't want a story with their gory. They're obviously missing the point of radio drama.

yarri
Jun 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
a meh review huh? Has the reviewer taken a good look at TV lately? I have become so disillusioned with it. Its Reality TV, reality tv and the Kardassians. Kc your stuff is original, exciting and there are 4million of us regular viewers and its a Podcast. Seriously, IMHO as a loyal fan. The reviewer is a dork. I was going to put other words but I am trying to cut back on my swearing.

Nik, thank you for letting me have my rant.

yarri
Jun 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I blame Itunes for the downloading problems. They can't handle WA's awesomeness.

Tandem25
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe the reviewer wanted some undeserved attention.
Formula:
1. find a story/ podcast/ book/ writer/ whatever with a growing loyal cult following
2. trash or criticize said story in "review"
3. Use afore mentioned mediocre "review" to garner hits of your name online and gain notoriety

I have never thought about it before now but it seems viable.
Is it? I'm really asking. This is most definitely NOT my area of expertise.
I guess it could back fire and make you look foolish if the subject of the review takes off. Which is something that is already happening here.

cupcakezombie
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Would be interested in seeing what the reviewer finds good.
Probably a case like the art house film people that review something like Harry Potter, of course you won't like it.

Not everyone has to like this, that is their opinion, someone has to die first in the ZA. :)

StepLaugh
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
He's just jelly, that's all.

ilanagl
Jun 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I guess it makes them think to much. If they don't like to think there's a lot of stuff on tv.

yarri
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Not everyone has to like this, that is their opinion, someone has to die first in the ZA. :)

Yes the author of that review. I like it I like it very much

fraggot
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:40 PM
How do you "over write" something?

Once it's written, it's written. Does he mean the constantly writing words on top of one another? I'm confused :D

mascaria
Jun 5th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Does he mean the constantly writing words on top of one another? I'm confused :D

It's like an audio version of a game of Scrabble Upwords.

riskbreaker23
May 20th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I blame Itunes for the downloading problems. They can't handle WA's awesomeness.

But Zune sure can :) 'cause Zune contains its own awesomeness and makes iTunes sad.

VEE
May 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Oh that review is meh. I used to review books way back in the day, and I spent days putting together 500-750 words, as well as reading the entire book first then referring back to it. This reviewer clearly hasn't listened to much and is worth as much consideration as the effort he put into his review, which is barely any.

I don't think WA is perfect, what is? But it's the best out there by a mile.