PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter characters compared to WA characters

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
From the characters from the Harry Potter series, who do you think they relate to most from We're Alive?

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
I'm going to go ahead and put Bellatrix Lestrange as Scratch. They're both evil, slightly crazy, and both yearning to please their leader.

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Moody is Burt. A senior advisor to the main guy and a grizzled veteran who questions the decisions made due to safety.

TOWTM is Voldyshorts.

Angel is Ron - he can lead in certain situations and shows leadership at times, but he needs to really be pushed to get to that point. Also, he falls in line behind Harry most of the time while still having his moments where he challenges him.

Osiris
May 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
<is backing the fuck out of the thread... slowly>

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
<is backing the fuck out of the thread... slowly>

We don't need your attitude!

nikvoodoo
May 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Totally agree that TOWTM/however many others are like him=Voldy

Pegs before she liked to shoot weapons was like Luna Lovegood (very wide eyed and innocent), but since she's taken to shooting things every once and a while, she's a little more like Ginny (capable when she needs to be, but occasionally needs Michael to save her)

Michael is obviously Harry.

Angel to me, is a cave troll.....big, lunking and stupid. ok I'm kidding, I agree with Kafu that Angel is Ron. He has the bravery to act in the field, but he's not a leader of men.

Scratch i associate with Mrs. Malfoy. She has a softer side to her we have yet to see in abundance, but we know its there. Belatrix has no sympathy, and as such....

Gatekeeper is totally Belatrix. Totally power hungry, and sadistic. The only thing he's missing is having a idol to worship.

And Skittles=Dobby. Guess that means gatekeeper is going to kill Skittles before we're done. You heard it here first in the Harry Potter thread!

So that's just a few.

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
The rat is snape. Both characters played both sides to further their own needs

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 10:43 PM

your dumb. snape was ALWAYS on harry and Dumbledore's side. ever since he betrayed Harry's parents. snape was on the good side and playing vodemort to help harry. he did it out of love for harry's mother and was helping the good guys. this means that with your post the rat would love Michael? and he would be killing/ratting out the tower to someone else which is the opposite of the harry potter story line...

shovel. shovel:)

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
your dumb. snape was ALWAYS

what? Snape was always good? yeah but still... he had both sides (Aside from Big D) fooled

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
what? Snape was always good? yeah but still... he had both sides (Aside from Big D) fooled

Read the books!

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
I have. Snape ended up being good. Still though, the rat is the closest. Consider the rat the inverted Snape then.

nikvoodoo
May 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Read the books!

I'd say watch the movies, but you'd have to wait another month to understand what's going on entirely.

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
edited post. read it.

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
um... its not exactly supposed to be an exact match just who we think they are closest to.

nikvoodoo
May 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
I think that Barty Crouch Jr. actually fits the role of the Rat better. In disguise and working for an outside power.

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
I think that Barty Crouch Jr. actually fits the role of the Rat better. In disguise and working for an outside power.

nick much better.

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Didn't even think of Barty. That is a better fit

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Tommy would totally be Neville. He was presumed useless and weak, but was important and a major player. Only Tommy was a silly pants and got bit, while Neville remained unbitten.

ObamaCat
May 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Tommy you silly pants.

Pikepaw
May 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Tommy would totally be Neville. He was presumed useless and weak, but was important and a major player. Only Tommy was a silly pants and got bit, while Neville remained unbitten.

agreed, Tommy died before he could become a badass like Neville

ObamaCat
May 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
Pegs is Hermione because they're both female. Thus is the extent of my Harry Potter knowledge.

Leedo2502
May 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Pegs is Hermione because they're both female. Thus is the extent of my Harry Potter knowledge.

Pfffsh that and their extensive knowledge in herbology/floristry

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Mr. Lovegood is the Gatekeeper because they are both super creepy and weird and on top of that they both are willing to put others in harms way to get what they want Ex. Mr. Lovegood turns in Harry, Ron, Herminone, while Gatekeeper does what it takes to take over the colony. also neville was a drug dealer, tommy was not. no dice.

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM

Hermione is actually a boy. You're so wrong, it's not even funny.

Lol, of course I jest. If Hermione were a boy, I would be totally gay for Emma Watson (she plays Hermione in the movies).

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:03 PM
If Hermione were a boy, I would be totally gay for Emma Watson (she plays Hermione in the movies).

yup. we all would.

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Mr. Lovegood is the Gatekeeper because they are both super creepy and weird and on top of that they both are willing to put others in harms way to get what they want Ex. Mr. Lovegood turns in Harry, Ron, Herminone, while Gatekeeper does what it takes to take over the colony. also neville was a drug dealer, tommy was not. no dice.

Keep in mind, Lovegood turned them in to save his daughter, not anything selfish. But I understand what your saying. And I don't know what to say about the drug dealer thing. Lol.

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
think about it. herbology.

Creem_Filling
May 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
think about it. herbology.

Oh! You bring up a very good point! He was seriously hiding something, the innocence was just a cloak.

itsallgoodie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Oh! You bring up a very good point! He was seriously hiding something, the innocence was just a cloak.

yup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1sPoTMp-Vs

kafu288
May 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
when the fuck was Neville a drug dealer?

nikvoodoo
May 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Well depends....would you consider Gillyweed a drug?

kafu288
May 24th, 2011, 12:08 AM
more like a herb

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Well depends....would you consider Gillyweed a drug?

I would very much consider it a drug. Did you see what it did to Harry? He thought he was a fish and jumped in a lake. But in the books, it wasn't Neville who gave Harry the stuff. It was Dobby, and they seriously messed that up in the movies. And I just thought of something. Tommy could be Dobby. He was just looking to help people out and was very feeble, but then ended up dying for it.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I would very much consider it a drug. Did you see what it did to Harry? He thought he was a fish and jumped in a lake. But in the books, it wasn't Neville who gave Harry the stuff. It was Dobby, and they seriously messed that up in the movies. And I just thought of something. Tommy could be Dobby. He was just looking to help people out and was very feeble, but then ended up dying for it.

Well I know Dobby gave him the gillyweed in the books, but that wouldn't help illustrate Neville as a drug dealer! :p

I'd say Tommy is more like Colin Creevy, but Tommy actually accomplished more than Colin ever could.

Solanine
May 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hmm. Saul is Harry. There both so full of Angst! :L .... I joke.... Peggs is Ginny, there both sort of useless at the start but start to mature as characters.

mem
May 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Great thread. It's interesting how you can take one set of characters from one story and identify with them in another.

Solanine
May 24th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah, Ive done it before but other things are much easier. Maybe it says something about the lack of cliche characters in We're alive. Everybody is unique and believable.

mem
May 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah, Ive done it before but other things are much easier. Maybe it says something about the lack of cliche characters in We're alive. Everybody is unique and believable.

I'm way off topic but i liked how Stephen King began to cross each of his Gunslinger novels over into the worlds of his other novels.

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Great thread. It's interesting how you can take one set of characters from one story and identify with them in another.

This was actually a conversation Kafu, Nik, and I were having in the chatbox. Nik said to make this to avoid spoilers in the chatbox. There's a little history for ya.

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Nagini is "Paul" the zombie. He is just a servant of the big man (at least I assume) as is Nagini. Also Nagini disguised as Bathilda Bagshot and zombie "Paul" disguised as a living human. Both to gain the trust of their enemies! I love this thread, it's so much fun to think of these!

yarri
May 26th, 2011, 06:19 AM

I respectfully disagree. Snape was the most heroic of all the characters and there for unclassifiable for this thread. We have yet to see any character be a double agent which is what Snape was. Saul is Remus Lupin loyal tragic funny.

beesting
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I have to say if you're going to use the gillyweed incident to illustrate how Neville was a drug dealer then he's a pretty bad drug dealer, he didn't make crap off of that.

All jesting aside, I'd say that Tanya is like Molly Weasley, obviously they're both Mom's, but more than that, they are both very strong women who seem to have a sixth sense about their children (ok Molly has a clock). But they also don't take crap from other people, they do what they think is right regardless of the consequences.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
im sorrry goodie but come on. wouldnt you turn these people in if it was your DAUGHTER? im sure hes a nutball like the gatekeeper but are you seriously saying he is selfish for wanting his daughter safe?

Damianjh
Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Lizzy is Hermione
Pegs is Ginny
Saul is Ron
Burt is Dumbledore (may be old but kicks arse)
Riley is Fleur
Angel is Neville
Scratch is Prof. Umbridge
Tartus & Bricks are Crabbe & Goyle
Michael is Harry
Kelly is Cho
Datu is Filch (caretaker & misunderstood)