PDA

View Full Version : Characters you like...

Reddeyez32
Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:03 AM
Me, I like Skittles. He's helped a lot so far and is unreadable unlike the rest of the cast. I hope they include him in more of the episodes. Also keep up the good work me and my wife love to lay in bed and listen before we go to sleep.

Ra1th
Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
I like to think of myself as an Angel fanboy, i dunno i just relate to him, hope he doesnt die!

i also have to say i really like Durai, the leader of the Mallers, just because he's so badass, seriously that guy whipped a group of hardened criminals into soldiers for his own private army, then fortified a mall and is now systematically taking over whats left of the post apocalyptic world

TCM Revolver
Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
I know he's the "main character", but I gotta go with Michael. When he told off Kelly in Season 1, I found myself yelling at the radio!
And I can't forget about Saul. He rubbed me the wrong way the first couple chapters, then he really grew on me when he showed how selfless he really is.

Spud
Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Im still a fan of Burt, Even though everyone seems to hate that he is in charge. i think things will play out better for the tower burt isnt an idiot and he does look whats best for the people in the...

I The K Train I
Jan 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Definetly Burt and it was a tie between Micheal and Angel* for second place, that was until Mr Gleason went on the podcast. He is just awesome and makes the whole character come to life. So Michael is my number two.

1. Burt
2. Micheal

*I was drunk when I wrote who was my fav on the orignial forum, I like Angel better than Saul

Wicked Sid
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
As I said in the previous forum, my favorite has got to be Scratch, She just has so much Character.

sdkmcqueen
Jan 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
All of them? No, I was a fan of michael up until burt showed up at the tower. Michael seemed to be a bit threatened by burt and was sort of a douche to him for no reason. And also I have to say one of my favorites is lizzy. She's a stone cold badass. She can shoot, she's funny, and the voice actor is just as hot as I imagined her character being.

Wicked Sid
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
the voice actor is just as hot as I imagined her character being.

Fun Fact: She's 6'1, which is awesome. (StepLaugh can confirm)

sdkmcqueen
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM

...... oh dear. Is this what love is?

fraggot
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I really like Saul, his humor always makes the darkest situations seem brighter. He needs to get better already.

Hollomandious
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
It is weird that i can't really say "i have a fav character"?
I can say who i don't like, but that's already covered elsewhere.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 25th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Nah, it's not.

I liked Michael a lot in the first +- 10 chapters, as he was one of the few that managed to stay calm and act responsibly. Currently, Angel is gaining some respect from the moment he started growing a pair. Hopefully he keeps improving - and he better won't sacrifice himself for Kalani. In fact, he would instantly become my favourite if he didn't save Kalani the next time he's about to die. But hey, that's just me (and Kalani is asking for it).

Big Fish
Jan 25th, 2011, 07:07 AM
In order, my favorite characters have to be

1. Saul
2. Angel
3. Lizzy
4. Michael
5. Skittles (I love his voice acting, without being able to see him, he has brought so much "character" to this character)
6. Burt

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Yes, she's 6"1' and she's still cute XD she had a cold when we talked to her.

Blair, the girl who play's lizzy, is a REALLY good friend of KC's. (Fun Fact)

Also, she can't play Halo XD

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I really like Saul, I can relate to him the most.

I would have done the same thing he did, in going to pick up Lady. I would risk my life for my dog. She's wouldn't know what to do without me XD

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Yes, she's 6"1' and she's still cute XD she had a cold when we talked to her.

Blair, the girl who play's lizzy, is a REALLY good friend of KC's. (Fun Fact)

Also, she can't play Halo XD

Is there a hint in there or something? I did see her picture and i have to say.... she damn fine.

bohemianroxie
Jan 30th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Initially, it was Saul, Burt and Michael but as time goes on and each character gets showcased...you kinda get a feel for all of them.
The one loose peg for me is Pegs...she is changing and showing different sides like everyone else..
but alongside the resourcefulness of Lizzy and Riley..and even Kelly..Peg still falls short for me.
The way she started off whining all the time is hard to shake.
And her refusal at the beginning to handle a gun to destroy non human monsters that will eat you alive..well, just childish and adolescent.
And where the devil is Saul?
Is he ever coming back full time?

Ra1th
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM
You guys, it is getting WAYYYY too cliche to have Saul be ur favorite character, come join my Angel Fan Club :D

bohemianroxie
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
You guys, it is getting WAYYYY too cliche to have Saul be ur favorite character, come join my Angel Fan Club :D

hey..Your real name wouldn't be Shane, would it?
Haa..
I love Angel too!

Jebus
Jan 30th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah, me too. Skittles is like Ben Foster from Pandorum I find.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Here's my question: What caliber is Shirley? is it a .50 cal?

StepLaugh
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I'm sad to say that i don't know

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
When they picked him up, they kept talking about the finish and how big it is. I thought it was a .357 Magnum revolver at first, but by the "WAR" episode, they were talking about clips and how Burt only had a few of Shirley's ammo left. Looking at the picture on the forum, i'm led to believe it's .50 Desert Eagle at the very least .44 magnum

Hollomandious
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Here's my question: What caliber is Shirley? is it a .50 cal?

6-2 at the 5 min mark. "Shirley never lies. She speaks the truth with every .50 action express round, she sends out."

Boo Yah!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM
..and there we have it! .50 cal Desert Eagle it is then! He'd have to have a closet full of rounds then, because those puppies will be hard as hell to replenish. They HAVE to get back to his store in order to do that. The Res armory won't have them.. wouldn't have them even prior to the event.
I wonder if KC knows about Los Angeles Air Force Base? The armory for the Security Forces will be very well stocked with ammo up to 7.62. The CE Red Horse and EOD squadrons will have ammo and weapons as well.

Pteranodon
Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
I like Datu!!!! Seems I'm one of the few who likes him.... I think the most powerfull episode by far was the one where he was trapped awaiting the Arena, trying to spread some hope to the depressed girl (forgot her name and she's only in the one episode, but she was one of the best characters so far as well) Yes I choked back tears, if you must know...

janedaniels
Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
after relistening through the episodes numerous times, angel has grown on me. since saul has been out of commission with his humor and witty remarks, angel has some of the best lines in the show. i will say i wasnt too much of a fan of angel in the beginning, but he definitely has that "awkward" personality followed by his "foot-in-mouth" disorder and i love it.

mascaria
Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:39 PM
I like Datu!!!! Seems I'm one of the few who likes him.... I think the most powerfull episode by far was the one where he was trapped awaiting the Arena, trying to spread some hope to the depressed girl (forgot her name and she's only in the one episode, but she was one of the best characters so far as well) Yes I choked back tears, if you must know...

R.I.P. Samantha :(

I like Datu too. A lot of people say that he needs to get over it but man... If I were in the situation they are in I don't know what kind of state I would be in emotionally but I'm sure I wouldn't be nearly as well adjusted as most people on the show seem to be. I'm sure he'll get back to "himself" soon enough and we can all go back to loving him!

I have a crush on Riley. She is my favorite.

Zombiehead
Feb 5th, 2011, 07:37 PM
My favorite characters are Michael, Pegs (yes, the flower girl), and Saul. I have respect for Lizzy and Kelly (even if she turns out to be the Rat).

Destiny
Feb 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I really like most of the characters, except perhaps Kelly, but as the story progresses she's actually turning out to not be so bad. I really like Michael, Peggs, and Saul.

Angel and Datu are pretty interesting too.
RIP Samantha

Reddeyez32
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
It's funny how the chapters play on your sense bout a character changes. I still like skittles but find myself wanting other characters to die and live.

Reddeyez32
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
In the first season I wanted Kelly to die, but this season she has been pulling her own weight and helping a lot since Michael is hurt.

lectio
Feb 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Definitely Michael and Pegs - and the Megs combo they make. But the awkward courtship is bound to end in disaster or breakup - it seems like it's almost a given.

StepLaugh
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Let's just say I hope Pegs get prego. I mean Mike didnt use protection...right?

nikvoodoo
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Let's just say I hope Pegs get prego. I mean Mike didnt use protection...right?

I have such an inappropriate response for this, but I'll keep it PG for the moment. Lets just say....uh.....Money....

lectio
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I have such an inappropriate response for this, but I'll keep it PG for the moment. Lets just say....uh.....Money....

I'm so curious - what's the inappropriate response?

TKD SNIPER
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
anyone but kalani... and those new town freaks.

Beaumont
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I think the character is interesting and definitely has more going on then we know about but I hate the name and imagine him with a tree limb of skittles growing out of his chest.

I agree Burt is a good character but something tells me he will end up sacrificing himself in order to save everyone.

Then they can call her Pregs

Chelsea C.
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
My favorite characters are Skittles, Angel, Michael, Lizzy, Saul, and Burt respectively. I feel they possess a lot of depth, and are really entertaining.

I REALLY dislike Peggs. She's whiny, needy, and weak; I don't see why Michael would be genuinely attracted to her. Even though she is growing as a character, she is still painfully annoying and stunted. I would NOT want her backing me up during a fight....or even have to converse with her for too long. Riley, in my opinion, is skating dangerously close to Mary Sue-ville. She's so...perfect.

Of course, I'm not complaining about the voice actors! I think it's just as important for a story to have irritating characters as much as it is to have strong, likable ones. It's just like in the real world; there are people who you want to distance yourself from.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
You know who I really like? Datu.

He seemed really cool in the Purgatory episode. I dunno... I just think he's an alright dude. I know he's been grumpy since that episode though.

nikvoodoo
Feb 26th, 2011, 06:14 PM
It's hard to know where this assessment goes (in the Like or Hate thread) but I'm deciding to put it here: For those who like Burt, but maybe think he's become kinda jerky since he took charge....you...

SleepyGlenn
Feb 27th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Another example of perspective perspective perspective!

I think it's great that this thread has almost every character listed as a favourite for someone. Just shows what a great cast We're Alive has.

Nutz
Feb 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
my favorite is Saul, close second is burt. datu is on my last nerve. i never cared much in the first place but now....yeeesh.

itsallgoodie
Feb 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Pete is the best! ok maybe thats cuz he is greg miller. apart from that saul was awesome. (did i spell that right?) but he hasnt been on in a while, due to that whole almost being dead thing. hopefully he makes is way back at some point...

j0be
Feb 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
datu is on my last nerve. i never cared much in the first place but now....yeeesh.
I actually like Datu. He's not my favorite, but he's still an awesome support. It might help that I relate to him with the job situation. He was working just to send money to his family. I did that for almost a year. Living alone just to have everything you're doing going to help someone you can't even see. It's rough.

ObamaCat
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Micheal. I can entirely relate to him. Leadership type, but gets totally get pissed off at the group when they complained about his leadership and just ends up handing the job over to someone else. I would totally do the same thing. I also really like the way Micheal takes no bs, like in 19-2 when he tells off Marcus and totally calls him on his military "experience". Oh and of course Saul comes in a close second, but come on who doesn't love him?

Wicked Sid
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Michael is one of those "Has Greatness Thrust Upon Them," Types. Everyone looks up to his magnetic personality, he's a natural anchor for those who surround him.

Whereas, Saul is the "Was Born Great," Kind.

jackt400
Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
my favorite character has to be Burt but kolani for me has to go the guy is far to frustrating to be doing any good lol however Datu is awsome that time he spent in the prison like area showed the audience how determind yet awsome he is and u really feel for him if somthing goes wrong

HomeGrown
Mar 4th, 2011, 03:15 AM
My favorite was Burt, but that was because he was exceedingly funny in the most stressful situations without seeming to make light of it. Now with his position of authority, he seems to have lost his sense of humor. I want the old Burt back!

I also like Scratch. I know we're supposed to hate her, but I get the feeling her wickedness is just a survival skill. Like when she first told her brother she didn't want to lie (before qualifying with "to him"), I think that was authentic ethics seeping through her persona.

yarri
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I really don't have a true favorite I love them all. But if I had to pick I would pick Michael as my favorite character. He is well rounded in his development he isn't a superman he is a normal man prone to mistakes. He does the best he can with what he has. I think he has shown a great deal of good personal growth in recent chapters. He is also fiercely brave. I think the asshole quality he shows alot is fear of losing people he loves. He loves the people in the tower.
My second favorite is Saul. he's lovable. Everyone knows a Saul. Burt reminds me of my father.

Chelsea C.
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I really don't have a true favorite I love them all. But if I had to pick I would pick Michael as my favorite character. He is well rounded in his development he isn't a superman he is a normal man prone to mistakes. He does the best he can with what he has. I think he has shown a great deal of good personal growth in recent chapters. He is also fiercely brave. I think the asshole quality he shows alot is fear of losing people he loves. He loves the people in the tower.
My second favorite is Saul. he's lovable. Everyone knows a Saul. Burt reminds me of my father.

I couldn't agree with you more :)

alive in ky
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Burt!

Love these old bad ass characters that know what has to be done and have the balls and experience to make it happen!

also any dude that names his favorite gun can't be all bad........right?

JesseG
Mar 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
1. Michael Badass...need I say more?
2. Saul Hilarious, and has been the most convincing voiceactor on the show.
3. Ink Who doesn't like a badass villain? (Zombie with the Pinstripe Suit with tattoos)

To be honest, most of the cast have scenes in them where you really like them. At first I hated Kelly, but since the last few chapters she has proven her worth and is a damn loyal outspoken person. I don't hate anyone on the show. At first i really hated Kalani too, but he has proved his worth too. Oh, and Riley is the Michael of the women in the tower, such a badass.

SleepyGlenn
Mar 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I actually like Datu. He's not my favorite, but he's still an awesome support. It might help that I relate to him with the job situation. He was working just to send money to his family. I did that for almost a year. Living alone just to have everything you're doing going to help someone you can't even see. It's rough.

Datu rocks. I'm not sure why people are so annoyed by him.

ramsbilly
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Burt reminds me of my older brother "Bart". They are so similar

yarri
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Datu rocks. I'm not sure why people are so annoyed by him.

Datu is a great character. I think I am one of the few other then you that likes him and has since the beginning. To me he is the humanity of the tower. His emotional state is like the barometer of the people of the tower. When its good its good and when its bad is really really bad.
I also think that he is expressive and can say things to others in such a fashion that there is no pussy footing around.. I loved the part in the beginning when they were hit the first time by the zombies when Pegs dropped the pot over the side by accident and Michael had his freakout moment. Datu was one of the ones that told him to Man up! they had his back. And in the moment in the arena his never give up never say die attitude kept him alive and going forward when it was needed.

yarri
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Burt reminds me of my older brother "Bart". They are so similar

That's funny as he reminds me of a family member too. He reminds me so very much of my father.

itsallgoodie
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Ok, so I'm here to change my answer. It is getting changed from Saul to Pegs. I think Saul is a great character but recently I have been going through and listening to WA again and I find myself connecting with Pegs the most. She has the same mind set I would have a lot of the time as well as the fact that I would be in her position too. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if this happened. granted i would probably go crazy and kill a shit ton of zombies. anyway, there are my "updated" thoughts.

Ra1th
Apr 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I recently went through the whole series again, and I gotta say scratch is really growing on me, she's got the whole psychopath antihero thing goin for her, and I like how everyone else hates her

ilanagl
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:51 PM
i have to say kelly's my favorite character. she's grown a lot, i have to say at least as much as pegs, she isnt a bitch any more and deserves more credit for what she does. She also has a great voice. the very little little bit of tanya that ive heard puts her in a close second.

WC818
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM
No Ra1th, Scratch is all mine. Just kidding man, but yeah if you go back and listen to Scratch's parts, she will grow on you. I did just that and she's now my favorite character, and meeting her in person just solidify my decision.

ilanagl
May 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm totally changing my answer. Riley followed by lizzy then maybe Kelly are my favorites.

Paola
May 5th, 2011, 02:05 PM
My favorite character is Pegs. Alot of people hate on her because she's whiny and she doesnt want to use a gun. I think that's actually pretty cool on her part because she's showing that she's staying true to herself no matter what. She can be a little annoying sometimes but shes still great.

Osiris
May 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hands down my favourite character is Scratch. Love the deliveries of her lines and the emotion that she squeezes into every performance. Outstanding work.

Don Man
May 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I love a lot of characters but Saul is my favourite just his accent, his humor and how bad ass he is. I also really like Riley she is also a badass and just all round perfect but her accent is what seals the deal for me.

Creem_Filling
May 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I love Pegs. Out of all the characters she has developed the most. But hasn't lost touch with her values like some of the others. At the beginning she was kind, feeble, and but not a fighter. Now she's a badass who can handle any situation, but retains her kindness and sensitivity. Which I think is quite remarkable in zombie infected world.

HorrorHiro
May 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
My favorite character is probably Skittles. I hate Micheal (But I like him being the main character.) And I despise Pegs (I honestly have never wanted to delete a character from anything ever until I found Peg.)

Mando
May 20th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Saul and out of the girls I have to say Riley

hotlawyerbabe
May 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
kelly likes this!

i have to say kelly's my favorite character. she's grown a lot, i have to say at least as much as pegs, she isnt a bitch any more and deserves more credit for what she does. She also has a great voice. the very little little bit of tanya that ive heard puts her in a close second.

clarkie
May 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM
My favourite has got to be Datu. He's just so sweet - I want to give him a hug every time he's on. Other than that, Burt and Angel are really cool (although I HATED Angel in the first few chapters). Also quite like Kalani too, which I believe is against the norm. I like how sarcastic he is.

Creem_Filling
May 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
My favorite character is probably Skittles. I hate Micheal (But I like him being the main character.) And I despise Pegs (I honestly have never wanted to delete a character from anything ever until I found Peg.)

How dare you! You just insulted my woman's honour and now you must pay. Tonight while your sleeping one of my assassins will rid of you and hide your corpse in the sewers. I'm a Pegs fan if you didn't notice.
And of course I jest, I'm not going to actually kill you (Don't wanna get banned for making threats!). But I will spread some nasty rumors about you! Yes, you can count on that.

Kunja
May 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I love Riley... she's so capable and complex

Ryan
May 27th, 2011, 09:43 PM
And I can't forget about Saul. He rubbed me the wrong way the first couple chapters, then he really grew on me when he showed how selfless he really is.
Man did Saul have the creepy vibe turned up to 11 in the first half-dozen episodes. It's 6 hours into the zombie apocalypse and he's trying to divide up the women? Ewww.

He's come a long ways since then.

ilanagl
May 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
so i dont remember if i've already posted here, so if i did sorry.
My favorite is Riley by far. She's a pro archer, a french cook, and super bad ass. She didn't give up on Datu when he got captured. She's incredibly loyal and like me love Lizzy(my second favorite. Lizzy is a good shot, not to hard on the eyes and is willing to help out when she is needed. She's also very smart and I respect her.

Hellbringer
May 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM
My favorite is Riley by far. She's a pro archer, a french cook, and super bad ass.

I love that Riley can use a bow and arrow. I'm hoping that her ability to do that shows up more as the series goes on.

Laura
May 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I know it's cliche, but I really really really love Michael. He reminds me of one of my friends who is also ex-Army. I think he's hiding some MAJOR stuff and I wanna know what it is!

shric debar
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
skittles ftw!!!!! i just find him so amusing. then burt. my reason for burt can be summed up in five words: mary had a LI-TTLE LAMB

Don Man
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
I also like Pegs but I am the only person who thinks that burt is a bit of a dick

Magrat
Jun 5th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I wouldn't say I like them, but I enjoy the characters of Skittles and the Gatekeeper, because you see them so briefly yet you get that tingly feeling that they are going to play a much larger part in the later seasons/chapters.

I'd like to think Skittles becomes more than just a Deus Ex Machina type character and evolves into something always overlooked and underestimated but ultimately sacrifices himself to save the day in a major way.

The Gatekeeper is just too creepy and evil not to return in a major way. I dread and look forward to that day.

Luis Jimenez
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I agree that Burt is somewhat of a "dick", but I still like the character.

I would say my favorite character is Angel. I feel like I can relate with him the most.

AMcJV12
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I am a big fan of both angel and riley. I enjoy riley because she is realistic and entertaining, with quirks and flaws that really add to her character. Angel has grown so much, from the snobby kid just out of officer school to a helpful, loyal, and likeable member of the tower.

ClearSights
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
My favorite character as of now is Hope. Its for my own personal reasons that I can relate alot to her. But earlyer in the series, I was a big fan of Burt and Saul

smalls kenobi
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
pegs:) PEGS!!!!! <3<3<3

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't say I like them, but I enjoy the characters of Skittles and the Gatekeeper, because you see them so briefly yet you get that tingly feeling that they are going to play a much larger part in the later seasons/chapters.

I'd like to think Skittles becomes more than just a Deus Ex Machina type character and evolves into something always overlooked and underestimated but ultimately sacrifices himself to save the day in a major way.

The Gatekeeper is just too creepy and evil not to return in a major way. I dread and look forward to that day.

I wouldn't say I like her, but I'm adding Scratch into my "can't wait to enjoy the potential of what happens with" file. She will do 'great things'. Terrible, but great. And as a foil, she is a wonderful character. So I like to hate her and hope she also realizes her potential and get's a much more intricate part in the later seasons.

Zombiehead
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't say I like her, but I'm adding Scratch into my "can't wait to enjoy the potential of what happens with" file. She will do 'great things'. Terrible, but great. And as a foil, she is a wonderful character. So I like to hate her and hope she also realizes her potential and get's a much more intricate part in the later seasons. I think she will too. I'm very curious about her and her relationship with Durai.

Osiris
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't say I like her, but I'm adding Scratch into my "can't wait to enjoy the potential of what happens with" file. She will do 'great things'. Terrible, but great. And as a foil, she is a wonderful character. So I like to hate her and hope she also realizes her potential and get's a much more intricate part in the later seasons.

Plus one! <3

Magrat
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Scratch fans unite!

ClearSights
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Scratch is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GD_Elite
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
I don't have a favourite character. I'm going with michael and tanya's method of not getting attached so that its easier if something happens to one of them. :)

On the topic of scratch, she is a great character with great voice acting, but damn she scares the hell out of me.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
im personally a big fan of steven. hes the voice of the towers residents that dont HAVE a voice, and hes really only speaking his mind. in recent episodes he has DEFINITELY shown the extensiveness of his bravery and loyalty to the tower.

Pieman
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
My favorite character would have to be Burt because he reminds of a badass grandpa, but who also has past and current problems. I like how he is one of most human of the characters in the story and also how he is just so badass of a character.

TheNomad
Aug 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Skittles, need MOAR SKITTLES.

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I like Datu. Reminds me of Electrician Mates I have met in the Navy.

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM
There is a bunch of people in the Tower. One of the them is Ice T. Him and Bill used to kick it together. Ice T pick up the walkie talkie and says the sames the line he used in Ricochet.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102789/quotes
Love him or hate him everyone needs a little Ice T.

Zombiehead
Aug 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
There is a bunch of people in the Tower. One of the them is Ice T. Him and Bill used to kick it together. Ice T pick up the walkie talkie and says the sames the line he used in Ricochet.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102789/quotes
Love him or hate him everyone needs a little Ice T.Huh?

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I don't understand how Kalani played possum.

Ares13
Aug 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I Have to say Skittles he's survived for so long on his own, he's helped out some and when he named zombies super fasties I kinda chuckled and said skittles you're so creative. he's seemed to studied them well enough. and i feel like he's going to be like golum in LOTR except not evil and not wearing a very small cloth. I feel like he's going to last for quite sometime and he'll just have one last moment where he showes up out of no where and start Killing zombies like crazy.

zombieassassin
Aug 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I like Micheal because he's and excellent leader and does whatever it takes to save others.

Jake
Aug 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Michael for making good decisions.
Saul for cracking enough funny jokes.
Angel for mellowing out and becoming a leader.
Burt for being the most entertaining.
Skittles for being the second most entertaining.
Tommy for being right about everything.
Datu for his intelligence.

usmcludwig
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM
I love Burt, not only because he was a Marine, but also his weapons fascination as well as the point that he sounds almost exactly like Solid Snake (from the MGS series)

JusticePain
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I like Burt he reminds me of an old friend I had.
He kicks ass and I know he is still alive

JusticePain
Sep 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Burt is the best he can shoot stuff Burt is the all time bestest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadySteelSparrow
Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Haaaa~! Riley (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Riley)! <3 She's awesome. And her accent rocks. =D I'm totally head over heels.

_Blaine_
Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
favorite two are Saul and Bert Saul cause hes funny and seems the most honest of a person. and Bert because hes the old badass who I think I've liked that style of character whenever I see them plus the only time the show made me shed a man-tear was the funeral when bert held tommy's body and Taps played.......*sniff*

socali
Oct 30th, 2011, 10:49 PM
My favorite is Saul. He's funny and always seems down to do anything. Not to mention Nate Geez voice for him makes him sound sexy! Oh and I like Lizzie. She's a ride or die chick.

turbo
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
My favorite character so far is Riley. I've started to appreciate Kelly. It was also sad to see Kalani go.

stat
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My favorite characters are all the characters! But I really like Kelly, especially when she gets her snark on. I have a soft spot for Michael and his complete inability to express his emotions. I'm also pretty keen on Pegs. (Victor and CJ are awesome, too.)
And I want Burt to be my dad, that's a little weird, right?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
It's Riley, the French 'eroine.

scbubba
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Saul for President of the New Human Republic of California!!!!

Cashel
Nov 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
At one point I would have said Kalani but if you are caught up you will know why I continue.

I would have said Bert early on but now I am thinking Saul. Maybe it’s the combo of Saul and Victor but I find that I am the most interested in what is going on with Saul lately than other characters.

nikvoodoo
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
At one point I would have said Kalani but if you are caught up you will know why I continue.

I would have said Bert early on but now I am thinking Saul. Maybe it’s the combo of Saul and Victor but I find that I am the most interested in what is going on with Saul lately than other characters.

You don't have to worry about spoilers in the Characters, Episode Discussions, Theories or We're Not Dead sections of the forum. It would be hard to hold any conversations in those places with that restriction in place :)

Cashel
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you Mr. Voodoo for setting me straight there. I actually removed the RIP Kalani from my original post.

Maybe eventually I will work my way to the Voodoo Lounge but I want to get caught up on the We're not dead episodes first.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM
And I liked Lewis because he seemed to be the only nerd to have survived Z-Day. Damn it.

scbubba
Dec 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM
And I liked Lewis because he seemed to be the only nerd to have survived Z-Day. Damn it.

Lewis. Tommy. All of Silicon Valley. Kc - do you have a grudge against the techies? :-) I guess we miGhat find out once we see what happens to our favorite phone repair guy, Glenn...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 05:27 AM
Lewis. Tommy. All of Silicon Valley. Kc - do you have a grudge against the techies? :-) I guess we miGhat find out once we see what happens to our favorite phone repair guy, Glenn...

So I guess that Google, Apple, Microsoft and Oracle are pretty much done after Z-Day according to Kc. So much knowledge lost, just lost.

Deacon_Tyler
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Hearts and feathers and butterfly wings! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

scbubba
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH

Deacon, I believe you might have a Scratch that you just can't itch.....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH
SCRATCH

Ironically, I do not picture Scratch to be a woman who is fond of men using emoticons like "<3", sorry Deacon... :rolleyes:

Deacon_Tyler
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Ironically, I do not picture Scratch to be a woman who is fond of men using emoticons like "<3", sorry Deacon... :rolleyes:

As Scratch's wife (she uses a different word that wouldn't be polite to repeat here so I use the word 'wife' instead), I am happy to say that you are wrong.

Scratchypoobear also likes when I wear that flowery dress....

scbubba
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
As Scratch's wife (she uses a different word that wouldn't be polite to repeat here so I use the word 'wife' instead), I am happy to say that you are wrong.

Scratchypoobear also likes when I wear that flowery dress....

Ah Deacon, don't we all. Don't we all..... O_o

Deacon_Tyler
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Ah Deacon, don't we all. Don't we all..... O_o

*Does a little dance and a wiggle*

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Deacon, you really love Scratch, do you not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXFggEzpB7I

Scratch, my little taphophilic sunshine.

Pike
Dec 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM
There many great chars in the show. I think I got to go with Burt. Tough sob. Saul and Victor are great combo. Oh Also Angel was growing on me, till someone (KC!) took him out. Pegs and Riley are my fav girls.

Robzombie
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Burts my man too.

Robzombie
Dec 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I always pictured (and still do ) Marv from SinCity as Burts character.

scbubba
Dec 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM
I always pictured (and still do ) Marv from SinCity as Burts character.

Hadn't thought of that. Cool.

I was biased from the start since I got introduced to WA around the 100th episode and the site that had the info had a picture of "Burt and Shirley" from the promo pics that were done about that time. So I just took Burt as looking like that.

For some reason, the pics of Scratch didn't influence me though. I'm still trying to figure out who I think she looks like...

Maybe a more psychotic Rooney Mara (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)....
http://i.imgur.com/9kBuP.jpg

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm only up to Chapter 9, but I really like Saul so far. Reminds me a little bit of me when I was in the military.

tomn47
Feb 16th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Michael sol angel Burt dato Peggs Liz and that French lady

mdearth70
Mar 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Just started this series and I'm only on chapter five of the first season. My favorites so far are Burt, Lizzie, Shirley, Saul, and Michael.

Osiris
Mar 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Hadn't thought of that. Cool.

I was biased from the start since I got introduced to WA around the 100th episode and the site that had the info had a picture of "Burt and Shirley" from the promo pics that were done about that time. So I just took Burt as looking like that.

For some reason, the pics of Scratch didn't influence me though. I'm still trying to figure out who I think she looks like...

Maybe a more psychotic Rooney Mara (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)....
http://i.imgur.com/9kBuP.jpg

She was stupid fucking hot in that movie. She looks AMAZING with dark hair.

REZombie
Mar 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Gotta go with Michael, Burt and Saul..... For females: Scratch and Lizzy....... Overall favorites, its a tie between Burt and Scratch.

mdearth70
Mar 6th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Gotta go with Michael, Burt and Saul..... For females: Scratch and Lizzy....... Overall favorites, its a tie between Burt and Scratch.

I just got to the introduction with Scratch and her brother! After what they were going to do to Lizzy, I don't think I'll ever like them as people. Great characters though.

Da-Demon-Monkey
Apr 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I really like Saul and Bert as a team but as the smarter character I have to vote for CJ she is just a master tactician and just the badass that you would love to see in a Zombie Apocalypse

Cammi
Jun 11th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Don't worry everyone victor will save the day he is always saving everyone's asses! :) Go Victor!!!

Alizée
Jun 12th, 2013, 12:16 AM
- Michael Cross

A+ in being a BAMF with a bone-worthy voice, F in social queues

- Angel Tunudo 

A+ in humour and badass one-liners, F in paramedics

- Saul Tink

A+ in optimism, F in … patience? I dunno, can you think of a downside for Saul? He is quite endearing.

Deacon_Tyler
Jun 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Scratch *heart flutters*

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM

- Saul Tink

A+ in optimism, F in … patience? I dunno, can you think of a downside for Saul? ...

Well, Mr Tink is not particularly good at dodging bullets, is he?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wp-content-uploads-2008-11-neo.jpg

scbubba
Jun 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Well, Mr Tink is not particularly good at dodging bullets, is he?

There you go. But let's put a positive spin on it....

Saul Tink: A+ in bullet catching

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM

+1

Alizée
Jun 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
LMFAO! You guys are the best! XD

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 18th, 2013, 09:19 AM

I think that I have finally found Saul Tink's ... musical creed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHRVO2Cgonc

Well it really starts from 0:37 seconds onwards.

Xray
Jun 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Ehh I know many of you will not like this but I like the Man in the Pin-Stripped suit. I enjoy a good mystery and he's one I just can't get enough of. Will all of his superhuman abilities and the fact that he controls the "zombies" makes his character that much more appealing.

Robzombie
Jun 20th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Totally, but you got us wrong, we love Ink. In as realistic a story told as this is, he's one element that doesn't seem to fit with all his seemingly superhuman(zombie) abilities. I can get that with certain physical changes you can be stronger, or jump higher, etc like the other Specials, but this dude is a special Special which makes him that much more interesting.

Bakkie-Pleur
Jun 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
after relistening through the episodes numerous times, angel has grown on me. since saul has been out of commission with his humor and witty remarks, angel has some of the best lines in the show. i will say i wasnt too much of a fan of angel in the beginning, but he definitely has that "awkward" personality followed by his "foot-in-mouth" disorder and i love it.

Same here! I just loved his comment after Datu meets Hope, 'oh look, datu is crieing again' :)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Ehh I know many of you will not like this but I like the Man in the Pin-Stripped suit. I enjoy a good mystery and he's one I just can't get enough of. Will all of his superhuman abilities and the fact that he controls the "zombies" makes his character that much more appealing.

Totally, but you got us wrong, we love Ink. In as realistic a story told as this is, he's one element that doesn't seem to fit with all his seemingly superhuman(zombie) abilities. I can get that with certain physical changes you can be stronger, or jump higher, etc like the other Specials, but this dude is a special Special which makes him that much more interesting.

Most of all, he knows how to suit up properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2-b_opVTo

Duffusmonkey
Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
I hate the fact that I like Tardis. He doesn't seem to be evil he just doesn't care about anything else. He is the explosives expert and was very good at calculating how much explosives wad needed. He seems to always be on the front line of the battle but is smart enough not to get involved in suicide missions. Hmmm I still can't explain why I have grown to like his character but I am glad he is in the last season. I would not be surprised if he betrays the mallers once he becomes convinced the Tower survivors have a better chance of surviving. He might even end up being the last surviving human. Half insain reading the journals to try to keep what little sanity he has left.

Alizée
Aug 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Another character I really like is CPL Puck! I just love his voice. Does anybody know what accent he has? Is it Brooklyn, or Boston?
Either way, I like him a lot! /suggestive eyebrows

Malador
Aug 24th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I've always been a fan of Saul, since he doesn't hesitate to do what needs to be done. CJ is another great character, given the irony of her intelligence, and her lack of social skills that make it difficult for her to convey them. Riley is another favorite of mine since I love her accent and can relate to an inclination for alcohol benders, pre or post apocalyspe.

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Having just re-listened to Season 3, I like the character of Robbins. He's a good laugh (the banter on the Black Hawk when we first meet him in Chapter 33 shows this), and will say what he thinks of situations ("I was only trained on my Black Hawk"). Seems to be an interesting character developing and I hope he features regularly in Season 4

Raven
Aug 26th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Another character I really like is CPL Puck! I just love his voice. Does anybody know what accent he has? Is it Brooklyn, or Boston?
Either way, I like him a lot! /suggestive eyebrows
ahhh!!! No! not a Brooklyn accent! I'm from Brooklyn originally and his accent drives me nuts! I'm not sure where the actor is from but to me it sounds like a played up Jersey accent. The character has grown on me but the first few times I heard the guy talk I was cringing waiting for him to say a stero typical good fellas esque line.

scbubba
Aug 26th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Puck was starting to grow on me last season. His lines in the Season 3 finale and then in the Season 4 opener were great.

Long live the Puck!!!

Alizée
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Yes! Lol! Puck's "I can't hear you..." quote made me laugh so hard! I really hope we get to learn more about him/his back story.

xxmist04
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Strangely, I found myself really liking Pegs. I’m very surprised about this because typically, she would have been the last character I’d like and our personalities are complete opposites. But she kept proving me wrong and I think she’s great.

Her utter refusal to kill people—which rubbed me the wrong way at first—is something amazing, when you think about it. I wouldn’t even hesitate when faced with that, and so would most of the other characters or people…but not her. It’s different and interesting. Now that I realize it, It actually showed an atypical and unexpected kind of confidence? strength? That strength to hold on to your principles no matter what—even when others think it’s illogical or silly. That self- belief…is really something. Isn’t believing in yourself one of the most important things? I find myself amazed at her for that. She’s not at all like the others who are outwardly mature or funny or dependable instead, you have to look carefully for the depth…but I love a challenge and sometimes I love being proven wrong.

I can see what Michael sees in her. Even if she does have her moments. I can’t wait to see how they will develop her character more. I hope they show other sides of her. They say she’s kind hearted. And she is. But sometimes it isn’t much evident to someone other than Michael. Also I have a bad feeling that they will kill her character. I hope not. Not such a great character. I love the Megs thing. They have great chemistry. But this is not a pairing discussion.

I like Michael too. Now THAT’s how you make a protagonist.

Hanniekuma
Oct 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Yes! Lol! Puck's "I can't hear you..." quote made me laugh so hard! I really hope we get to learn more about him/his back story.

Ever since I heard that, I made it my signature quote :)

The Mustard Kid
Nov 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Burt is awesome....enough said:mad:

Storm
Nov 26th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Kimmet, cause he's crazy.
Scratch, cause she's crazy.
Bill, cause he's crazy.
Ink, cause he's creepy.

tonyhind86
Nov 26th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Strangely, I found myself really liking Pegs. I’m very surprised about this because typically, she would have been the last character I’d like and our personalities are complete opposites. But she kept proving me wrong and I think she’s great.

Her utter refusal to kill people—which rubbed me the wrong way at first—is something amazing, when you think about it. I wouldn’t even hesitate when faced with that, and so would most of the other characters or people…but not her. It’s different and interesting. Now that I realize it, It actually showed an atypical and unexpected kind of confidence? strength? That strength to hold on to your principles no matter what—even when others think it’s illogical or silly. That self- belief…is really something. Isn’t believing in yourself one of the most important things? I find myself amazed at her for that. She’s not at all like the others who are outwardly mature or funny or dependable instead, you have to look carefully for the depth…but I love a challenge and sometimes I love being proven wrong.

I can see what Michael sees in her. Even if she does have her moments. I can’t wait to see how they will develop her character more. I hope they show other sides of her. They say she’s kind hearted. And she is. But sometimes it isn’t much evident to someone other than Michael. Also I have a bad feeling that they will kill her character. I hope not. Not such a great character. I love the Megs thing. They have great chemistry. But this is not a pairing discussion.

I like Michael too. Now THAT’s how you make a protagonist.

Her cooking skills leave a lot to be desired, but she's OK in my book regardless.

tlbro0
Dec 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM
I think Lizzy has loads of potential. I felt really let down that her skills as a therapist were never utilized while held captive by the Mallers. You would think she would have tried some sort of Psychological Warfare or something. Oh well...

Faves are Scratch and Burt, easily the biggest bad asses in the story

Katieee120
Jan 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM
My favourite characters are Michael & only recently Victor. I like Michael because I've always been a sucker for the leader haha. A clear example of this is that my favourite character in The Walking Dead is Rick. So I'm just a sucker for the leaders ;p.

Sin Angel
Jan 13th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I have to say my favorite is crazy skittles. He's almost ingenuous! Whenever he appears and he does those things and such, he's so awesome! He's one of the few characters/people I haven't wanted to smack a few times.