PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

BoomerXL
May 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hey Sparx, I used to live in Toronto, now I'm a bit further north in Barrie, welcome to the forum!!!

sysasysa
May 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hi people.
My name is Lucas and I am from Czech republic.
Started listening to the show around episde 20 and catched up in about two weeks. Can´t get enough of the show ever since.
I wouldn´t know about We´re alive if it wasn´t for Greg Miller.
See you later I guess.

mascaria
May 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Whoa a Czech listener! Awesome!

Welcome to the forum sysasysa.

Osiris
May 23rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hi people.
My name is Lucas and I am from Czech republic.
Started listening to the show around episde 20 and catched up in about two weeks. Can´t get enough of the show ever since.
I wouldn´t know about We´re alive if it wasn´t for Greg Miller.
See you later I guess.

Welcome, from the far side of the globe! Nice to see some listeners from Prague.

Hello
Ghrantt, I'm from Rochester NY
artist/screen printer
gamer love WA started listening at the end of season 1

Welcome, sir.

My name is Greg G. from Dallas, TX and I came across we're alive sometime in mid 2010. Love It. Wish they would fly to Texas for some reason lol.

See above.

Hey everyone!
A few months back a co-worker suggested I listen to "We're Alive" And I absolutely Loved it!
A great thing to help work go by faster :)
Lizzie is my favourite character I think...
Oh, I'm from Toronto, Canada (Canadians Represent!!)
hopefully some of my ideas make sense :)
Awesome!
Sparx

Glad to have you, eh. West coast representing. Vancouver. Glad to have another Canuckistanian on the board.

Teleportingtaco
May 23rd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi I'm Adam and I live in Orlando Florida and I started to listen around chapter 9 and I found out about were alive from Anghil.

Osiris
May 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hi I'm Adam and I live in Orlando Florida and I started to listen around chapter 9 and I found out about were alive from Anghil.

I see you've been here for a while.

MrScott101
May 23rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome Welcome even you lurkers, you'll find we don't bite, well at least not like the ones in the story! Hop on in and join in the conversations, always great to have new perspectives!

MelissaDaisy99
May 24th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Name: Melissa Daisy
Course and Year: 2nd year of Mechatronics Engineering
Favorite Console/Platform: PC. However, leaning towards my 360 these days

Mid-Knight
May 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone.

My online alias is Mid-Knight, but friends call me Lex. Feel free to call me either!

I've been listening to We're Alive since about chapter 3, and have been loving it ever since.

I'm a 19 year old guy from Cumbria (Lake District) in good ol' England. I'm a bit of an amatuer photographer, and will be starting a Photography course in september.

Gah, I can never think of anything interesting for these introduction threads. I look forward to getting to know you all!

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the jungle, Mid-Night! We've got fun and games :)

What's your camera of choice? I'm less than a bit of an amateur photog but I love the art form!

Jason
May 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hey all,

I'm Jason. My pal Karen and I started a Walking Dead podcast last July, and ever since we've had several listeners ask if we listened to We're Alive. We finally got around to it recently, and I haven't stopped listening since. Should be all caught up in a couple days :)

Aside from that, I live in San Francisco, I'm a tech writer, and my wife is going to be giving birth to our first child (a boy) in a couple of months. My mother-in-law said she wants me to take the zombie posters down when the baby comes, but I plan to rebel!

Mid-Knight
May 24th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the jungle, Mid-Night! We've got fun and games :)

What's your camera of choice? I'm less than a bit of an amateur photog but I love the art form!

Thanks! Nice to meet you.

I currently have a Nikon Coolpix S9100, but I'm saving up for a Sony SLT-A55 DSLR. If you're looking to get into photography, I definitely recommend the Nikon.

nikvoodoo
May 25th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks! Nice to meet you.

I currently have a Nikon Coolpix S9100, but I'm saving up for a Sony SLT-A55 DSLR. If you're looking to get into photography, I definitely recommend the Nikon.

Yeah I've just never had the money to drop on a camera that was nice. I had a kodak (I'm from Rochester, NY so I have brand loyalty. Don't make fun of me) and then recently bought a small canon powershot because the kodak camera I bought is 6 years old now and about the size of a Buick.

Mid-Knight
May 25th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Yeah I've just never had the money to drop on a camera that was nice. I had a kodak (I'm from Rochester, NY so I have brand loyalty. Don't make fun of me) and then recently bought a small canon powershot because the kodak camera I bought is 6 years old now and about the size of a Buick.

I used to be the same, luckily I was given my camera as a gift. I think you can get them for about $300. Although the Canon Powershot looks like a good beginner's camera too, it even looks similar to the Nikon.

Heh, I find it funny how this thread has turned into a Photography discussion thread.:D

7oddisdead
May 25th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Hello
I'm Todd (7oddisdead). I'm from the Midwest I'm an artist for work and a pasteurizer for fun. ( wait that's the other way around...) I got into w/a when LOST ended. Needed something to fill the void.... And I love zombies. Perfect match! Finally dug arOund and found this forum and I'm now hooked in. Funny how like minded people always seem to find one another.....

Grognaurd
May 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Um, my name is Arthur LaMarche and I was not smart enough not to use my own name. I will have to go back and try to figure out how to do it. Meh, I am not as interesting as W/A, but here is goes. I am old enough to be most of you all's father or Uncle. So, I am older than Kalani, but I am built more like you would think Bricks is. IN fact, Brick (no S) was an old nickname. I put my self through school working as a Lumber Jack. I am pretty unemotional like Bricks, but I do not want to draw too many similarities because I do not know how he got hooked up with the mallers.

I do have a 360. I enjoy some PVE. I can not handle PVP because I can not target fast enough. I played WOW. I did great in vanilla in MC and BWL. But, then cycles got a lot more comlicated and I could not keep up. Started playing RIFT. I am smart enough to write macros and reduce the number of keys required. I learned of W/A from day by day armageddon author J.L. Bourne. There are a lot of good books out there. Look me up if you want to know more. I think I started listening around catalyst. I heard the first chapter and then powered through the rest to get caught up. This is my First PodCast, but I do have several BBC book dramatizations that I bought back in the early 90's. I have an iPad, but I have not taken the time to figure out how to download so I just stream from the website.

Rock Daddy
May 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome aboard! btw- The admins can change your name if you wish to have a different one. There was a thread I believe.

j0be
May 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome aboard! btw- The admins can change your name if you wish to have a different one. There was a thread I believe.

Sent him a PM with the details.

Mordekii
May 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hi all, Im the new Nub. I love the show. Ive been listening at work for about 2 months. Im all caught up finally and I have allowed myself to finally come to the website.(was too affraid of spoilers) Sadly i have the "i listened to way too much too fast and im itching for more right now and cant scratch it" blues. I was trying to pace myself but BAH! Its too good right? I love the podcast and the character depth. Twists and turns and suttle details make a great story extremly interesting. I hail from the Land O Zombies! Aka South Western Pennsylvania. I live between all the great GRomero landmarks. Grew up right near the Cemetary and shopped at the mall in Monroeville. So its safe to say i was born into this Genre. Hope to contribute and hope all is well.
Mord

Bravo Team Leader
May 26th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hello, my name is Joe and I live in Indiana. I've been in the military for 15 years a 12 year tour in the Navy. And the rest with the Army. I really enjoy the realism of We.re Alive Plus I am a fan of Survival horror. I was browsing though Zune and I found this website. There it is short and sweet to the point.

Merlin1274
May 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
New guy here. Been listening for a short while. Love it so far. A friend of mine told me about this place.
Love most things Zombie but this is one of the better things I have found on line. Keep up the good work.
I have gotten some more Ideas for my zombie plan..

Drew227598
May 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Hey everything, My name is Drew I’m 29 and a huge Zombie Nerd. Currently stationed in Virginia Beach but leaving in a few weeks to head back over to the middle east. Trying to find a way to get the podcast while I am deployed. I read books, watch movie and now can add listen to podcasts about zombies. First time joining a forum but look forward to chatting it up with some fellow zombie fans.

j0be
May 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM

Welcome! to the world of tomorrow! Or something like that.
Seriously: welcome. We love having you, and we're a friendly bunch.

ansatsusha80
May 27th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Hello Everyone

I've been listening to this for a week and I caught up........lol...I'm more of a werewolf guy but "We're Alive" is a great story....

kafu288
May 27th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay

Kunja
May 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I know I'm a little late to say HI...
My name's Mike... I grew up in a small town 60 miles south of Indinapolis... I hold a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwon Do and a red belt in Hapkido (both korean arts) I'm also a firearm enthusiast... I'm not Burt, but I have my fair share :D
for the most part I've given up on Horror movies... but I can't get away from the zombie-type genre... I think it has to do with the idea of people loosing their identity.
Anyway... I'm happy to be apart of the family!!

mascaria
May 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
And we're glad to have you. :)

ZombieMama
May 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hello! New to the forum. I just recently started listening to We're alive but I've gotten instantly hooked. I took almost 3 days to catch up (I have 10 hr shifts at work and I was able to catch up quite fast), and now the weekly waits are becoming too strenuous for me to go at them alone. Glad to join the community! PM me if you feel like chatting :D

Ctatyk Frost
May 28th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Welcome ZombieMama!
I don't think that I could survive 10 hour shifts with my job..I'd flat die of boredom! It's hard enough coming up with enough things to entertain myself for 8 hours. I agree that I wasn't nearly prepared enough for the weekly waits. So, I'm going to d'load them all again & listen my way through them again. That way I'll be able to catch things that I missed the first time as well as have some insight as to what each of the characters is doing.
That being said...yep...welcome. Enjoy yourself! Make sure that you check out the chat box on the main forum page...it's addictive!

ZombieMama
May 29th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Welcome ZombieMama!
I don't think that I could survive 10 hour shifts with my job..I'd flat die of boredom! It's hard enough coming up with enough things to entertain myself for 8 hours. I agree that I wasn't nearly prepared enough for the weekly waits. So, I'm going to d'load them all again & listen my way through them again. That way I'll be able to catch things that I missed the first time as well as have some insight as to what each of the characters is doing.
That being said...yep...welcome. Enjoy yourself! Make sure that you check out the chat box on the main forum page...it's addictive!

oh yes! i checked out the chatbox my first day here and wow I was on for hours! Let me tell you though, having WA play nonstop while at work is quite time consuming. Although by now i've learned to black out for most of th day so my 10 hour shifts don't actually seem that long hahaha

Kunja
May 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Glad to have ya zombiemama!

Osiris
May 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hello! New to the forum. I just recently started listening to We're alive but I've gotten instantly hooked. I took almost 3 days to catch up (I have 10 hr shifts at work and I was able to catch up quite fast), and now the weekly waits are becoming too strenuous for me to go at them alone. Glad to join the community! PM me if you feel like chatting :D

Greetings and salutations. Enjoy your stay.

amedina8
May 30th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi! I'm from houston, tx. i asked my bro one day to recommend me a good podcast and he said check out "we're alive." this was in November 2010. been hooked ever since. Been lurking the forums for about a month. decided to finally sign up. the show is like crack.

HardKor
May 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hi! I'm from houston, tx. i asked my bro one day to recommend me a good podcast and he said check out "we're alive." this was in November 2010. been hooked ever since. Been lurking the forums for about a month. decided to finally sign up. the show is like crack.

Well welcome to the crackhouse!

TheSpectre
May 30th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hi!!

My name is Milton. I live in Temple City, California, I'm 22 years old, ex-Marine, current student.
I'm usually either playing video games (alot!!) or just hanging out with friends. I'm not into horror movies but I do have some exceptions. I love to go fishing but I don't do it as often as I would like.

ZombieMama
May 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hi!!

My name is Milton. I live in Temple City, California, I'm 22 years old, ex-Marine, current student.
I'm usually either playing video games (alot!!) or just hanging out with friends. I'm not into horror movies but I do have some exceptions. I love to go fishing but I don't do it as often as I would like.

welcome to you both! this forum is just as addictive and fun as the podcast! im new too, well just by a couple of days or so, but enjoying it so far. Have fun!

janet963
Jun 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
Hi Guys, i am Janet, and all new to be here on this site, and completely new to be here.

kafu288
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
well welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

shric debar
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
greetings. my name is shric estarinuta ezmarlis debar the fourth. but you can call me your lord and master. only joking you can call me shric. i've been listening to We're alive since about the beginning of may when i was looking for something to keep me occupied on tour with a band i play in. suffice to say the bill was definateley fully paid with a generous tip.

Ctatyk Frost
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
greetings. my name is shric estarinuta ezmarlis debar the fourth. but you can call me your lord and master. only joking you can call me shric. i've been listening to We're alive since about the beginning of may when i was looking for something to keep me occupied on tour with a band i play in. suffice to say the bill was definateley fully paid with a generous tip.

Annnnnd.....what band would this be?
Also, welcome....have fun & enjoy yourself.

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM

Welcome.

shric debar
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Annnnnd.....what band would this be?
Also, welcome....have fun & enjoy yourself.

a local brass band

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
a local brass band

the Magnificent Sevenths?!

shric debar
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
the Magnificent Sevenths?!

lol wat?

nah forest heath district brass band

Survivor
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hey,

Call me Alexa. 27, female. Location London, UK.
Speak 4 languages, know martial arts and kick boxing.
Fun fact, sleeping with zombie survival guide from 2004 near by my side. Started to prepare for "might" scenario after "28 days later", at the time was studying in Cambridge, and in the film it all started from the science labs ... just near my campus at the time.
Started to listen to podcast 1 week ago, cannot stop. Listening on the tube, till the time I fall asleep. Love the art of the whole production. It feels so real, as if I am there. Especially fun to listen when off to work. It's a bit surreal.
Probably the most exotic listener here, because of my origin. But will stay quite for now.

cupcakezombie
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Welcome Survivor, nice to have another female around.
See you in the forums

DJofSparta
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Greetings!

I'm Dharamjit, or DJ if your prefer. I'm 25 and a web developer from East Lansing, MI. I started listening to We're Alive when one Brittney Brombarockarocker tweet about it. I immediately subscribed to the podcast after listening to every episode. I recall giving a girlish squee after hearing there would be a community podcast hosted by Ms. Brombarockarocker and IGN's own Greg Miller known as "We're Not Dead", and I immediately subscribed after hearing the first episode was online. I have since listened to both podcasts attentively.

Today...
I had finished listening to the latest "We're Not Dead" that finished downloading to my podcast listening device, and settled into a slumber. Suddenly, I woke up with a sweat and came to a realization. I shouted out "WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE?!?...I'M STILL NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUMS!!!" So I ran to my pc, fired up my copy of the internets, and registered.

So that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to many interesting discussions.

Dharamjit

PS. Also, my favorite character so far is Burt. :)

Grognaurd
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Hey,

Call me Alexa. 27, female. Location London, UK.
Speak 4 languages, know martial arts and kick boxing.
Fun fact, sleeping with zombie survival guide from 2004 near by my side. Started to prepare for "might" scenario after "28 days later", at the time was studying in Cambridge, and in the film it all started from the science labs ... just near my campus at the time.
Started to listen to podcast 1 week ago, cannot stop. Listening on the tube, till the time I fall asleep. Love the art of the whole production. It feels so real, as if I am there. Especially fun to listen when off to work. It's a bit surreal.
Probably the most exotic listener here, because of my origin. But will stay quite for now.

Four languages and physical defense. Can I be on your team? (8

Welcome

Grognaurd
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Greetings!

Dharamjit

PS. Also, my favorite character so far is Burt. :)

High-Five for Burt. Now, just do not listen to all the bad press about Kalani. LOL

Welcome

trubkir
Jun 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I found the podcast while I was scanning the various podcasts available on my blackberry. Instantly hooked as I enjoy the entire zombie genre. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Luis Jimenez
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Hi. My name is Luis from Thousand Oaks, CA, and I'm an alcoholic. Just kidding. I am 21 and currently a student and heard about this podcast and the forums from a friend.
PS. I love the podcast.

MrScott101
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome trubkir and Luis, there's plenty of hot debates going on feel free to jump on in, the water is warm!

Cabbage Patch
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hi, my name is Ken, from Sacramento, CA. I feel a little strange in this forum because everyone here seems so young; I'm closer to Burt's age. But I love zombie stories, and this is one of the best. And I've spent time in the Los Angeles area, so it's fun picturing all this mayhem in so many familiar places. I also served in the Army at Fort Irwin, and I know the territory between the base and LA well, so I'm looking forward to seeing how our heros do making the trek. When I was there I didn't think you could make the drive from Irwin to LA any worse, but I suspect that roads clogged with abandoned cars, rampaging Mallers and, of yes, hordes of zombies might do the trick.

cupcakezombie
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Hi Cabbage Patch. Welcome to the forums. Don't worry about the age thing, there are a few older folk around (I think I am counted there, maybe), and you just get to help keeping the young ones in line. :)
Good to have someone who knows Fort Irwin, there will be plenty of people who will be keen to pick your mind I'm sure.

shric debar
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Hi, my name is Ken, from Sacramento, CA. I feel a little strange in this forum because everyone here seems so young; I'm closer to Burt's age. But I love zombie stories, and this is one of the best. And I've spent time in the Los Angeles area, so it's fun picturing all this mayhem in so many familiar places. I also served in the Army at Fort Irwin, and I know the territory between the base and LA well, so I'm looking forward to seeing how our heros do making the trek. When I was there I didn't think you could make the drive from Irwin to LA any worse, but I suspect that roads clogged with abandoned cars, rampaging Mallers and, of yes, hordes of zombies might do the trick.

hello and welcome to the forums. please tell me you are as good a shot as burt because i have already started imagining you looking like him and essentially being burt.

ITFC78
Jun 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hello
I live in a place called Hoo in Kent UK, and found Were Alive by accident, had all of season 1 and part of season 2 to catch up on, almost caught up, so have to wait for next podcats soon.

mascaria
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hello
I live in a place called Hoo in Kent UK, and found Were Alive by accident, had all of season 1 and part of season 2 to catch up on, almost caught up, so have to wait for next podcats soon.

Awesome that you're nearly caught up. And welcome to the forum, we're good entertainment during the wait.

megan<3
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
im excited to join!! i love the work u guys do! and this great podcast!
love to hear more from u all!

shric debar
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hello

hello, welcome. nice to see another brit on here hope to talk to you soon.

im excited to join!! i love the work u guys do! and this great podcast!
love to hear more from u all!

hello and welcome. hope to see you around we don't bite (much)

sansfx
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hi. My name is Sandra. I live in the DC area. I found out about this podcast by visiting one of my favorite zombie author's page - J.L. Bourne. I just listened to the first part of chapter 1 and I'm hooked! It feels so real that I wish I could see this enacted out on TV or see drawings! I love it already! I'm a huge zombie genre fan. I have been slowly collecting my supplies in case of the zombie apocalypse...

j0be
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hi. My name is Sandra. I live in the DC area. I found out about this podcast by visiting one of my favorite zombie author's page - J.L. Bourne. I just listened to the first part of chapter 1 and I'm hooked! It feels so real that I wish I could see this enacted out on TV or see drawings! I love it already! I'm a huge zombie genre fan. I have been slowly collecting my supplies in case of the zombie apocalypse...

Welcome to the forums!

audiodramadirectory
Jun 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
My name's Jeremy, I'm a web designer based out of Kansas of all places. I run The Audio Drama Directory online. I'm a huge audio drama guy which should be pretty obvious since I started The Audio Drama Directory. I listen to tons and tons of shows and We're Alive is one of the best I've ever heard, it's the one I'm most excited about each week.

I like the audio format as well cause I've been a bit stricter with what I watch the last few years. I'm not really into the gore/horror side of movies anymore like I was as a kid. It seems like everyone is too concerned with how to gross out more than the last movie and I just can't get into that, no one seems to be actually trying to drive story, that's why I really like We're Alive. I don't have to watch a gorefest but I can still get my zombie story. I think I've been somewhat drawn to the post-apocalyptic stuff like zombie stories represent. I really like the 'what would you do' of it all. That's again something that really keeps me with this show, it's really well thought out on not only how these people would survive but how they're trying to figure out what's happened, what they can do about it and all that. The stuff with cross-referencing journals for patterns and the experiments they were running, love it.

mascaria
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome Jeremy. You're far from the only Kansan here. :)

Creem_Filling
Jun 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
My name's Jeremy, I'm a web designer based out of Kansas of all places.

Woohoo! Go Kansas! As far as I know our numbers our now three. You, Mascaria, and I will someday take over these forums!

audiodramadirectory
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Woot! 3 Kansans is 2 more than I would have expected lol. And in true Kansas stereotypical fashion, we were in the basement tonight because of tornadoes.

Creem_Filling
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Woot! 3 Kansans is 2 more than I would have expected lol. And in true Kansas stereotypical fashion, we were in the basement tonight because of tornadoes.

Lol. The sirens were growing crazy earlier, but living in Kansas my whole life, I'm not scared in the least bit. Tornados are old hat to me now.

Magrat
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I don't know if I've written on here yet, and will not manage a particularly in depth attempt right now.
Suffice to say I've only recently gotten into We're Alive (and WND) in the past month or so, catching up quite quickly.
So, the cliff notes:

I am a hobbit-like Northern-Irish born Aussie living Down Under. I only really got into zombies with Shaun of the Dead, the evil dead trilogy and 28 days later, but quickly backtracked and devoured the Romero zombie movies and a few others out there too. Found this quite by accident and have loved it ever since, even if it makes sleeping in a dark room in a creaking wooden house fun...

Other than that, what's to tell? Oh yeah, BIG Dr Who fan, tolkien fan, pratchett fan, enjoy a lot of fantasy reading (Eddings, Lewis, George R R, Erickson, Feist, Robert Jordan, Sanderson etc). Anything else? Oh yeah, have 'an accent', though people seem to have trouble placing it (EnglishAussieIrishSouthAfricanNewZealandAmerican. .. and it changes when I drink!).
Right, that's the lot for now. May add more or just crawl into a hole with a box set of Doctor Who... which I have yet to own... legitimately...

Cheers,
Magrat.
PS - Radio Dramas: Grew up listening to The Goons, LOTR & The Hobbit, the earthsea quartet dramatisations and many others. Radio Drama is still very much alive and well in England, even if it died years ago in Oz and USA.

Magrat
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:26 AM
and games. Big into PC & Xbox 360 games!

Grognaurd
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Welcome! That is the same route I took to get here.

Grognaurd
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome CP, I'm 44, I just remind them that I have been doing this before they were born.

GD_Elite
Jun 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hi guys. My name is George and I'm from England. I'm Currently in sixth form college, and hoping to go to university come september. Loving We're Alive (and WND). I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now, but figured if I'm gonna start posting, this is probably the best place to start.

Wicked Sid
Jun 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hey George! Hope you have a great time posting!

Heyyouinthebushes
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hello all. My name's Jeff, 30, moved to DC area about a year ago, but originally from Portland, OR. Work in higher ed. Not generally a forum fan, but I often find myself coming up with theories and predictions about WA, so I figured I should start visiting.

Found the show by accident, randomly searching iTunes, and was sucked in immediately. Been listening since the start of Season 2 (10 months or so).

Aside from podcasts about stories of survival and podcasts about podcasts about stories of survival, I'm a huge soccer fan, enjoy reading (non-genre and non-fiction mostly) and men's fashion (interest grew while working for an art school whose fashion department showed annually at New York fashion week).

Thank you all for an awesome forum enjoyable for a non-forum type like myself.

dderail
Jun 11th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hey guys my name is Dante and I currently live in Tucson, Arizona. I've been listening to We're Alive ever since Greg Miller mentioned it on one of his podcasts. I don't like a lot of horror stuff (Amniville Horror freaked me the heck out) but I enjoy zombies. My family calls me a jocky nerd, mainly because I love playing sports and video games, mass effect and fallout make me cry in joy. Well, thats all I can think about right now, sooo Good Night, and Good Luck( I also love history)

cupcakezombie
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Hey Dante, welcome to the forums. We look forward to seeing you around.
:)

Lab Rat
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Hi All,

Mike's the name. I'm a production engineer from Ipswich, Australia. I've been listening since late '09 but never knew there was a community of fans like this, although I shouldn't be surprised. I'm a husband, a father, and a long time fan of post-apocalyptica (is that a word?). Looking forward to being part of the gang.

Osiris
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Welcome Mike.

OsO
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hi all I'm nick from San Diego,CA; I just found out about this series from another forum I'm apart of. I'm a big fan of the Zed and TEOTWAKI genres, I'm a huge gun nut. I'm big into preparation and the motto "its better to have it and not need then to need it and not have it". I've got a EMT and LEO background, I hope to be a active part of this forum.

Osiris
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Nick.

Firemind
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hey! I'm Firemind (Taylor Balkom). I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been listening to We're Alive since episode 18. I heard about it from the lovely Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond, and have been a huge fan ever since. I've also been listening to We're Not Dead since...well, around that time too. Hope to see y'all elsewhere on the forum!

Edit: Oh, nikvoodoo and ra1th also convinced me to finally join the forum after their appearance on the last WND podcast.

Ra1th
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hey! I'm Firemind (Taylor Balkom). I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been listening to We're Alive since episode 18. I heard about it from the lovely Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond, and have been a huge fan ever since. I've also been listening to We're Not Dead since...well, around that time too. Hope to see y'all elsewhere on the forum!

Edit: Oh, nikvoodoo and ra1th also convinced me to finally join the forum after their appearance on the last WND podcast.

HELL YES!!! Welcome to the forum man.

Osiris
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM

Enjoy the boards.

shric debar
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Hi guys. My name is George and I'm from England. I'm Currently in sixth form college, and hoping to go to university come september. Loving We're Alive (and WND). I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now, but figured if I'm gonna start posting, this is probably the best place to start.

nice to see another brit on here. welcome. hope to see you around

Fishie
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Ailbhe, I'm from Dublin, Ireland but am currently living in London, UK. I originally came across 'We're Alive' when someone recommended it as a really good radio drama that I should listen to - I took a radio module as part of my degree, and though I'm not currently working in radio I really enjoy radio dramas and podcasting. I started listening to the show in May, and have just caught up with everyone else - I'm probably going to find it difficult now waiting for new episodes to be released!

I wouldn't have classed myself as someone with an interest in zombies, but now I am hooked and have found myself scrounging around for zombie books and programmes. I had already seen some films, of course, but this series has reignited my interest.

Interesting things about me:
- I suppose my name is interesting for people who have never heard it before. It's an Irish name and is pronounced 'Alva', everyone gets it wrong though, especially once I moved from Ireland. It is a very old name, and may mean 'fair-haired' or 'noble', nobody is sure though (it's origins seem to be lost in the mists of time) Many websites claim that it is a male name, which it probably once was, but it is very definitely a female name now. One website claimed that it was the Irish version of Elvis (??)
- I am about to start a new job as assistant editor of a science magazine. I currently work as editorial assistant on a scientific journal.
- I haven't interviewed anyone who has been in any zombie films/radio series, but I did once interview Robert Llewellyn (best known as Kryten from Red Dwarf) - that's geeky, so it's almost as cool, right? Right?
- One time in Hyde Park, I managed (without noticing) to get in the way of Prince Charles. He had to walk around me.

Chelsea C.
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi, Fishie! Welcome to the forums!

Ailbhe pronounced Alva...yes, that does sound pretty. I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read the bit about Prince Charles. It sounds like something that would happen to me! Though it's funny, it's also awesome! :D

Edit: I reread what you wrote and answered my own question :p

Fisheye
Jun 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Mimi, originally from Montréal, Canada. I am living in Australia right now.
I discovered ''We're Alive'' via my boyfriend who, convinced me to listen to it (which is a miracle since I am have a zombie-phobia). Since then, I am completly addicted to the show and the characters, even if I did more zombie's nightmare the last 2months than the past 20 years of my life... Yeah pathetic I know.
About the show, Its a real pain in the butt to live 1 day ahead of the show... always have to wait until Tuesday evening to get it ='( and I think might have a crush on Riley (frenchie bond you know). Terrrible... My heart will break if she disappears.
Oh yeah, Btw you guys will notice my wonderful-english writing quality, please be nice and compassionnate since I am actually french haha, so syntaxe-conjugaison etc... isn't my cup of tea yet.

Interesting/Uninteresting Facts:
- I never stay more than 2-3 years in the same place. Always moving everywhere as much as I can. (Right now in Australia for completing my Undergraduate program) I visited and lived in more than 12 country for now (not bad at 23 lol )
- No I don't live in an igloo even I am from Québec and its -35degres sometimes in Winter.
- I did eat some Seals Delicious and killed many living snow-crabs almost every april (family & friend tradition), a real tasty food-carnage with garlic butter to complete the mess.

Cheers Mates!/ À Bientôt!

Osiris
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Mimi, originally from Montréal, Canada. I am living in Australia right now.
I discovered ''We're Alive'' via my boyfriend who, convinced me to listen to it (which is a miracle since I am have a zombie-phobia). Since then, I am completly addicted to the show and the characters, even if I did more zombie's nightmare the last 2months than the past 20 years of my life... Yeah pathetic I know.
About the show, Its a real pain in the butt to live 1 day ahead of the show... always have to wait until Tuesday evening to get it ='( and I think might have a crush on Riley (frenchie bond you know). Terrrible... My heart will break if she disappears.
Oh yeah, Btw you guys will notice my wonderful-english writing quality, please be nice and compassionnate since I am actually french haha, so syntaxe-conjugaison etc... isn't my cup of tea yet.

- I never stay more than 2-3 years in the same place. Always moving everywhere as much as I can. (Right now in Australia for completing my Undergraduate program) I visited and lived in more than 12 country for now (not bad at 23 lol )
- No I don't live in an igloo even I am from Québec and its -35degres sometimes in Winter.
- I did eat some Seals Delicious and killed many living snow-crabs almost every april (family & friend tradition), a real tasty food-carnage with garlic butter to complete the mess.

<3 for my Canadian sister. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

kafu288
Jun 14th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone,

Yay another person living in Australia on the forum! Hey don't worry about being a zombie-phobe I used to be until I started listening to this show it passes in time... I hope. Just so you know, the show normally goes live here in Australia at 2am Tuesday morning (that's along the east coast I don't know where your living so adjust as needed) so you don't neccessarily need to wait till Tuesday night lol. I hope your enjoying our lovely country and welcome to the forums

shric debar
Jun 14th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Ailbhe, I'm from Dublin, Ireland but am currently living in London, UK. I originally came across 'We're Alive' when someone recommended it as a really good radio drama that I should listen to - I took a radio module as part of my degree, and though I'm not currently working in radio I really enjoy radio dramas and podcasting. I started listening to the show in May, and have just caught up with everyone else - I'm probably going to find it difficult now waiting for new episodes to be released!

I wouldn't have classed myself as someone with an interest in zombies, but now I am hooked and have found myself scrounging around for zombie books and programmes. I had already seen some films, of course, but this series has reignited my interest.

Interesting things about me:
- I suppose my name is interesting for people who have never heard it before. It's an Irish name and is pronounced 'Alva', everyone gets it wrong though, especially once I moved from Ireland. It is a very old name, and may mean 'fair-haired' or 'noble', nobody is sure though (it's origins seem to be lost in the mists of time) Many websites claim that it is a male name, which it probably once was, but it is very definitely a female name now. One website claimed that it was the Irish version of Elvis (??)
- I am about to start a new job as assistant editor of a science magazine. I currently work as editorial assistant on a scientific journal.
- I haven't interviewed anyone who has been in any zombie films/radio series, but I did once interview Robert Llewellyn (best known as Kryten from Red Dwarf) - that's geeky, so it's almost as cool, right? Right?
- One time in Hyde Park, I managed (without noticing) to get in the way of Prince Charles. He had to walk around me.

yay for more brits. hope to see you around. isn't that the same robert llewellyn from scrapheap chanellege?

Fishie
Jun 14th, 2011, 05:32 AM
yay for more brits. hope to see you around. isn't that the same robert llewellyn from scrapheap chanellege?

That's the one! The actual interview was about electric cars, but I couldn't help thinking of him as Kryten (I didn't ask him about Red Dwarf though)

shric debar
Jun 14th, 2011, 06:39 AM
That's the one! The actual interview was about electric cars, but I couldn't help thinking of him as Kryten (I didn't ask him about Red Dwarf though)

NOOOO. kryten is awesome. mind you he probably get asked about red dwarf a lot.

ClearSights
Jun 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, Another new member to the We're Alive fans.

My name is Ethan and I am 21 and live in Erie, PA currently. Although I am originally from Hershey, PA. I am currently attending college at Penn State Behrend and trying to go into the Law field. (So I can relate to Kelly). The way I found We're Alive is by needing stuff to listen to at work. My work is sooo long and boreding but fortunately I get to use my ipod the whole day, So I listened to music, then that eventually got boring, then I started with audio books and they got boring, then I was looking through podcasts on the Itunes Store and just randomly came across We're Alive and after reading all the reviews I decided to download it and have been hooked ever since. I listened to about 6 chapters a day at work and got all caught up within a week. And am now waiting for the next chapter list you guys.

My favorite character is Hope, And for my own personal reasons that I am weary to share.

Anyways, I hope to see meet a bunch of you around the forums and ill be around alot.

cupcakezombie
Jun 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the forums Ethan. There are a lot of us who are around a lot so we look forward to seeing you!

DLMiles
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hellos everyone My name is Miles Im a huge zombie nerd. i have been a gamer for as long as i can remember and i love to blaze :]! I found we're alive through a podcast on a site called spill they review movies games and everything in between. Anyway I started listening around when chapter 10 just started and i have been hooked ever since, but i never bothered to sign up on the forums and was a little apprehensive because As any of my fellow gamers will tell you forums on our end of the internet are usually troll central, But after while creeping around it seems to me like you guys are good people. So yeah.... here i am and i cant wait to start posting and getting in on the discussions! See you around :D

shric debar
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hello and welcome to the foums DLMiles. Hope to see you around.

Fishie
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome ClearSights and DLMiles, from another new user! I've found everyone very welcoming so far, I hope that you do too.

Professor Twain
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hello folks. My name is Bill but I use Professor Twain as my online persona. Like Twain, I'm from Missouri and I smoke cigars. <br />
<br />
I'm a college professor, a psychologist by training. I've always...

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
you seem like an awesome teacher. what is it with psychology teachers/professors and being awesome? anyway welcome to the forums.

Professor Twain
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. Sometimes my students think I'm awesome, sometimes they curse me, but I do my best. Looking forward to being a part of this.

Waldo Butters
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Howdy, I'm Jake (better part of 17) and I live in the hellish land known as mid-Michigan. I'm a big fan of zombies and We're Alive. Also a fan of reading, good food, and redheads (not necessarily in that order...) I'm hoping to join up with the Air Force when I get out of school and learn some useful skills for when (not if) the zombies arive.

And for those of you who are not familiar with the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Waldo Butters is a Medical Examiner and all around nerd so I like to use his name as my regular aliase.

Well, thats me. Thanks to the people who read all of the boring stuff above, much appreciated.

AMcJV12
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Hello, there! I'm Anders from the oh so interesting part of California that is halfway between Sacramento and Tahoe! I enjoy running, playing the piano, reading, listening to music (for those who care, my favorite bands/artists are Ratatat, Skrillex and Queen), and (obviously) listening to We're Alive. Zombies have always fascinated me, and so when I stumbled across this podcast on iTunes, I was thrilled. 23 amazing chapters later, I can't wait to become part of a community that shares my interest.

Well, just a short little intro on me. I look forward to seeing you all out on the forums!

Ra1th
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Howdy, I'm Jake (better part of 17) and I live in the hellish land known as mid-Michigan. I'm a big fan of zombies and We're Alive. Also a fan of reading, good food, and redheads (not necessarily in that order...) I'm hoping to join up with the Air Force when I get out of school and learn some useful skills for when (not if) the zombies arive.

And for those of you who are not familiar with the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Waldo Butters is a Medical Examiner and all around nerd so I like to use his name as my regular aliase.

Well, thats me. Thanks to the people who read all of the boring stuff above, much appreciated.

Holy balls, waldo butters! NICE! Dresden files rocks!

Neil Baxter
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Hello from me, Neil from the UK. Long time fan of the 'Z' genre, but only recently heard of this wonderful podcast!
This goes RIGHT up there for me amongst the other classics - I'm hooked.

A little about me?
Psychiatic Nurse. I also do comedy stuff including spoof vids/impersonations etc... I have a 'zombie' vid I did on youtube that's had an unbelievable amount of hints too! :D
Play musical instruments, am currently involved in a music project to raise money for a statue of Frank Sidebottom (if that's TOTALLY random - google the name to find more).

I have one wife. Two dogs. One gerbil.

Well, I'm here now, and I reckon I'm staying. I have food rations, bottled water, tools and a generator, so I reckon I can hold out for a bit...

Oh crap - forgot weapons! Ah well, will I need any? :D

Neil Baxter
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM
The zom. vid I did - here it is - apologies if it makes NO sense, but I'm speaking in quite a broad accent there... deliberately though! Vid quality is poor as I was only using a basic cameraphone at the time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH72ZJqVlE0

Solanine
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Woop woop, another uk l;istener. We are an unoficial club that is two poor too afford jackets. Also bad teeth.

Neil Baxter
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Woop woop, another uk l;istener. We are an unoficial club that is two poor too afford jackets. Also bad teeth.

:D Sorry my friend, I've got good teeth - apologies to Jeremy Kyle and his guests! :D

Nice to meet you - I'm just orff to Tesco, which as a fellow Brit, you'll know will be JUST like being in a 'z' situation for a Sunday... mindless shampbling hoardes aimlesslessy going hither and thither! Trouble is, you ain't allowed to hit the buggers, so my baseball bat will have to remain at home! :D Wish me luck, if I survive I'll return later! :D

Solanine
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Hey go check out my chat thread. I was waiting for you two join in but apparently not. G2g now, speak later if you survive!

Neil Baxter
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:41 AM
You a link to this thread? I'm new to this forum so I need to navigate around - am pretty good with forums in general tho so will soon get the hang.

Right - supplies needed - off to Tesco! later! :D

Solanine
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:09 AM
You a link to this thread? I'm new to this forum so I need to navigate around - am pretty good with forums in general tho so will soon get the hang.

Right - supplies needed - off to Tesco! later! :D

it was in the chat box, about twenty Minutes of me talking to myself. You got quite a few mentions because it kept displaying that you had posted.

shric debar
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM
:D Sorry my friend, I've got good teeth - apologies to Jeremy Kyle and his guests! :D

Nice to meet you - I'm just orff to Tesco, which as a fellow Brit, you'll know will be JUST like being in a 'z' situation for a Sunday... mindless shampbling hoardes aimlesslessy going hither and thither! Trouble is, you ain't allowed to hit the buggers, so my baseball bat will have to remain at home! :D Wish me luck, if I survive I'll return later! :D

Whey another Brit. And yes tesco is definateley like z-day

Lvmetndr
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Hey, My name is Angela. I'm new to this forum. A friend of mine asked me to join so here I am. I'm from San Antonio, TX. I'm 25. I live with my boyfriend of 8 yrs and we have an orange tabby named Riley. Yes he was named after the WA character. She's my favorite character. I'm the oldest of 6. I do not have any children unless you consider Riley as my son. I don't know what else to mention but if you have any questions, just message them to me. Thanks!

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hey, My name is Angela. I'm new to this forum. A friend of mine asked me to join so here I am. I'm from San Antonio, TX. I'm 25. I live with my boyfriend of 8 yrs and we have an orange tabby named Riley. Yes he was named after the WA character. She's my favorite character. I'm the oldest of 6. I do not have any children unless you consider Riley as my son. I don't know what else to mention but if you have any questions, just message them to me. Thanks!

A friend asked you to join? I wonder who it could have been? :P

Colostome boy
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone! Well I got into We're Alive because Greg Miller mentioned it on his playstation podcast. I started listening around chapter 11 (I think, can't remember) and I really love it. I listen to it as a walk to work in the morning when it is still dark out and it really is scary! I also have Ulcerative Colitis, hence my name being colostome boy (I had a colostomy bag for about a year).
Other than that I play xbox 360 a lot, I am trying to locate a GOTY edition of both L4D and L4D2 and get back into those games. Well that is about it, I look forward to participating in the forums with everyone, cya!
CB

daredevil
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:35 AM
Hi, My name is Josh.
I live in South Australia and I'm 15.
I'm in High School, year 10 and I love We're Alive.
I'm glad I can be a part of the open and welcoming community of We're Alive. :)
I'm not sure what else I can say. Yeah, That's it.

shric debar
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Hi, My name is Josh.
I live in South Australia and I'm 15.
I'm in High School, year 10 and I love We're Alive.
I'm glad I can be a part of the open and welcoming community of We're Alive. :)
I'm not sure what else I can say. Yeah, That's it.

hello and welcome to the forums. hope to see you around.

KingCobra
Jun 26th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Good Morning to all, I am 27, Living in Ventura CA for about 3-4 years now.

I am a San Francisco Native that relocated to southern California for a change of lifestyle after living the hustle and bustle city life.
Upon living a few weeks in southern California I had found the story We're Alive by accident on the internet while looking for something to keep me occupied and having an interest all things zombie,post apocalyptic and human survival and an avid book reader I found We're Alive just excellent. I have been following the story for quite sometime now.

Osiris
Jun 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM

I am a San Francisco Native that relocated to southern California for a change of lifestyle after living the hustle and bustle city life.
Upon living a few weeks in southern California I had found the story We're Alive by accident on the internet while looking for something to keep me occupied and having an interest all things zombie,post apocalyptic and human survival and an avid book reader I found We're Alive just excellent. I have been following the story for quite sometime now.

Oh hi! Enjoy the boards and your stay.

Magrat
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:46 AM

Awesome!
Welcome to the forums. We promise to try to be welcoming and to behave...ish.

Ellis Dee
Jun 28th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry if this is a repeat. Looked back 20 pages or so and didn't find a previous post by yours truly. I live in Dallas. I am a 40 something year old closeted black female geek. Love great quality horror and recently had very little interest in the zombie genre until Sean of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later, ZombieLand, and then The Walking Dead show/comic. I went on a google search for other good zombie survival stuff and found We're Alive earlier this year. I had the benefit of being able to listen to it over the course of a week and now I'm hooked. Back in the same boat: waiting around on quality zombie survival serials to produce work. If I must say, while the quality of your is awesome, you people move slower than zombies in cranking this stuff out.

Devoted (closeted) black fangirl who is over 40 and way too old to be carrying on like this. zom:(

Osiris
Jun 28th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry if this is a repeat. Looked back 20 pages or so and didn't find a previous post by yours truly. I live in Dallas. I am a 40 something year old closeted black female geek. Love great quality horror and recently had very little interest in the zombie genre until Sean of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later, ZombieLand, and then The Walking Dead show/comic. I went on a google search for other good zombie survival stuff and found We're Alive earlier this year. I had the benefit of being able to listen to it over the course of a week and now I'm hooked. Back in the same boat: waiting around on quality zombie survival serials to produce work. If I must say, while the quality of your is awesome, you people move slower than zombies in cranking this stuff out.

Devoted (closeted) black fangirl who is over 40 and way too old to be carrying on like this. zom:(

<3 welcome!

zombeh-kitteh
Jun 29th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Hello! My name is Amber and I'm 25 years old. I live in Pennsylvania, and I work full time at a banking operations center overnights.

I am fascinated by things which other people might find strange...I love the paranormal & things like zombies. heh. I'm also a huge fan of Japanese anime/manga and love listening to music and watching movies.

I first discovered "We're Alive" about a year ago I guess on the Zune Marketplace. And of course, I hopped on it like an unsuspecting human in a zombie movie. ^_^ I've been listening ever since, and recommending it to everyone I know. I also can't tell you how many times this show has made me cry...but that's okay, because I love this show. I get pissed off when there's a gap between episodes (but not for very long because we're all merely human here....right?) but the wait is worth it, since we're rewarded by another gut-wrenching, heart-pounding infused episode.

Besides working, sleeping, and listening to "We're Alive," I don't really do that much. Working 3rd shift usually takes the energy right outta ya, if anyone here works 3rd's they know what I'm talking about. However, when I feel not quite so dead, I'm usually hunting in bargain and thrift stores, reading, and going to the occasional concert/movie. Now that I've made myself totally boring, I look foward to meeting and talking with fellow fans of this wonderful story. (^_^)

nikvoodoo
Jun 29th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Welcome, zombieh! You didn't make yourself boring! :)

David G Ambrose
Jun 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
hello i am dave and i found we're alive last halloween on sticher radio. i have not missed a single episode yet. love you guys

rockemsockem
Jun 29th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'm Greg Lopez living in Ontario, California. Living and loving life I work in auto parts, hoping to start school soon, and pretty much Geeking it out.

I found this podcast through IGN and friends, and loving it.

I love Games, Anime and Manga, Some Comics, Movies (specifically Horror,Comedy,and Action),Music, Podcasts,and pretty much everything geekchic.

LIL Facts:
1)Street Fighter, Vs Series, Metal Gear Series are my ALL TIME Fav Series.
2)Love zombie movies any and all(even Return of the living dead though it creeped the hell out of me) Fav is Shaun Of The Dead.
3)Don't like to toot my own horn but I'm extremely loyal friend and will pretty much do anything to help a friend
4)that also means if your an ass to me and mine.......well lets leave it at that.

pretty much it so pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

Waldo Butters
Jun 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'm Greg Lopez living in Ontario, California. Living and loving life I work in auto parts, hoping to start school soon, and pretty much Geeking it out.

I found this podcast through IGN and friends, and loving it.

I love Games, Anime and Manga, Some Comics, Movies (specifically Horror,Comedy,and Action),Music, Podcasts,and pretty much everything geekchic.

LIL Facts:
1)Street Fighter, Vs Series, Metal Gear Series are my ALL TIME Fav Series.
2)Love zombie movies any and all(even Return of the living dead though it creeped the hell out of me) Fav is Shaun Of The Dead.
3)Don't like to toot my own horn but I'm extremely loyal friend and will pretty much do anything to help a friend
4)that also means if your an ass to me and mine.......well lets leave it at that.

pretty much it so pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

Welcome! Good to have you on board man!

Conf
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:47 AM
New guy here, first post! Name's Mike I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 25 years old tech support specialist :) LOVE the show I know you must hear how it makes Mondays amazing but seriously... It really does. I have listened to the entire show about 4 times back to front it's basically replaced listening to music for me at this point, I have a serious addiction. So I decided to join up here and be amongst my nerd bretheren, so, what's up, thanks for having me and I look forward to getting involved round these parts :)

shric debar
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:09 AM
hello and welcome to the forums. nice to see some more non-yanks around lol

Don Man
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Ive been a forum member for months now but hey why not tell my fellow were alive fans a little bit about me. Im Don,16 years old and live in central Scotland. The reason I started listening to the show was because of a man named Greg Miller. It was Halloween 2010 and I just finished listening to beyond were grge mention were alive so i downloaded it and give it a listen. That night i was up till 4am listening to the show and didnt stop i loved every single minute of it.

shric debar
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Ive been a forum member for months now but hey why not tell my fellow were alive fans a little bit about me. Im Don,16 years old and live in central Scotland. The reason I started listening to the show was because of a man named Greg Miller. It was Halloween 2010 and I just finished listening to beyond were grge mention were alive so i downloaded it and give it a listen. That night i was up till 4am listening to the show and didnt stop i loved every single minute of it.

WOO HOO a scotsman. excellent. i'm half scottish myself. glad to have you on the forums welcome. hope to see you around

Magrat
Jun 30th, 2011, 06:16 AM

we are growing in number and power! soon we shall rise up and take control... not really... but we will.

deanypants
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
G'day!
My name is Dean, i am 22 and live in Syndey Australia. I currently work in Real Estate, but am looking into getting out of that and do something a bit more interesting.
Uuuuummmmmm... That's about it really...
Good stuff!

Dr. Hatchet
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hello

I'm Dr. Hatchet, juggalo. I make music, love anything about zombies (well not zombie sex wtf). I'm a stundent still. I play video games alot, TF2 pc&360, minecraft.
My first horror movie was Night of the Living dead in black and white. I'm as of right now still not up to date with the show.

Conf
Jun 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM

haha, thanks glad to be here and yes that does adequately describe me

Fire D
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
My name is David, I'm 18 at the time of this posting. I'm going to the University of South Dakota (class of 2015), I love Xbox, Zombies, and We're Alive :D

Gunslinger
Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hello, everyone.

Just got here. From the few posts I have read here, apparently I am an old fart. I am 36 years old. I love the zombie genre for a lot of reasons, but mostly because its just entertaining.

My hobbies include various video games, mostly on PC, shooting (handguns, mostly, and some shotgun), muscle cars, miniatures (painting, building, scripting, and wargaming), reading (mostly entertainment with a smidgen of non-fiction), pen & paper RPGs, and martial arts. Though the last one has been awhile since I have participated much.

Got here through the WND podcast, got to WA through the Parsec site, and got into podcasts via a random link on another forum that got me listening to a pulp podcast.

How's that for roundabout? Just got here via a mobile unit, so not even an avatar or anything yet. Glad to see so many fans of this sort of thing.

Osiris
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hello, everyone.

Just got here. From the few posts I have read here, apparently I am an old fart. I am 36 years old. I love the zombie genre for a lot of reasons, but mostly because its just entertaining.

My hobbies include various video games, mostly on PC, shooting (handguns, mostly, and some shotgun), muscle cars, miniatures (painting, building, scripting, and wargaming), reading (mostly entertainment with a smidgen of non-fiction), pen & paper RPGs, and martial arts. Though the last one has been awhile since I have participated much.

Got here through the WND podcast, got to WA through the Parsec site, and got into podcasts via a random link on another forum that got me listening to a pulp podcast.

How's that for roundabout? Just got here via a mobile unit, so not even an avatar or anything yet. Glad to see so many fans of this sort of thing.

Welcome to both the boards and the 'Ol' Timers Club'. Enjoy your stay, if you remember to.

Gefroan
Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
I dont like to talk about myself but at least u get to see my username!

Osiris
Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
I dont like to talk about myself but at least u get to see my username!

I see... I'll keep an eye out for it.

smalls kenobi
Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
i dont like to talk about myself but at least u get to see my username!

what're you trying to hide?! Answer me! Where's falcone!

Osiris
Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
what're you trying to hide?! Answer me! Where's falcone!

Calm down, son... I think I found him.

http://photos.upi.com/story/t/15466aa71753e2f2ff4483a75ad67d05/Next-Batman-film-has-mobster-villian.jpg

KeAnna Means
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Hi, I heard about the podcast from another podcast about The Walking Dead. Anyway, I listened to the 21 or 22 chapter first and then went back and started from chapter 1 and listened to every episode back to back. It got me through some long days at work. I just loved it. Its so well done. I listen to my IPod all day at work because I type all day and Im always looking for something interesting to listen. Mostly audiobooks and podcasts. I love zombie movies and videogame, Im a big fan of the Walking Dead tv show and was eager to see what a podcast about the zombie apocalype would be like. I can hardly believe its a free podcast, its so professional sounding.

Now Im caught up and have to wait with everyone else for new episodes, but Im sure it'll be worth the wait.

nikvoodoo
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hi, I heard about the podcast from another podcast about The Walking Dead. Anyway, I listened to the 21 or 22 chapter first and then went back and started from chapter 1 and listened to every episode back to back. It got me through some long days at work. I just loved it. Its so well done. I listen to my IPod all day at work because I type all day and Im always looking for something interesting to listen. Mostly audiobooks and podcasts. I love zombie movies and videogame, Im a big fan of the Walking Dead tv show and was eager to see what a podcast about the zombie apocalype would be like. I can hardly believe its a free podcast, its so professional sounding.

Now Im caught up and have to wait with everyone else for new episodes, but Im sure it'll be worth the wait.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here and yes....the wait can be painful. But that's why we're all here....to make it all better! :)

Osiris
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM

It won't take long for that wide-eyed optimism to wear off. Eventually you'll start to hate the wait and begin to curse the creators/actors/fans/mailman for all things WA. Welcome to the family. <3

Waldo Butters
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM

We're basically all addicts waiting for the next fix here, don't feel bad, welcome to the forums!

Magrat
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
We're basically all addicts waiting for the next fix here, don't feel bad, welcome to the forums!

that's not a lie. We're alive (and for some We're Not Dead) is our drug of choice.

KeAnna Means
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking of going back and relistening to the whole series again. Now that I know whats going to happen, I can just listen more closely and take everything in instead of being on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. By then the next ep should be out. This show is like ear crack.

nikvoodoo
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking of going back and relistening to the whole series again. Now that I know whats going to happen, I can just listen more closely and take everything in instead of being on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. By then the next ep should be out. This show is like ear crack.

My wife would agree. I just had her listen to the first season CD set on our road trip we just took. She got hooked at the same moment I did. She's now yelling at me sporadically throughout the day for getting her addicted to a podcast about zombies ;)

Nullifier
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Hi, I've been asked to introduce myself, so I guess it's only polite to do so.
I first heard about "We're Alive" from a friend who's a podcast nut (thank God) otherwise I'd never have been introduced to this awesome tale & yes I'm a fan of The Walking dead too, actually I introduced my friend to it, so we're even :)
I grew up in a Professional Fox Shooting Family, served 6 Years in the Aus Army, afterwards I did Private Security, (not my current Profession), I'm a Libertarian.
It'd probably come as no surprise to you to learn that I am also a Survivalist, I have to be, Australia is overrun with Zombies, but down my way we call them "Environmentalists & Climate Change Promoters", or Watermelons for short, Because they are Green on the outside & Red on the inside.
I think that's enough for now since you will no doubt learn more of me through my posts.

nikvoodoo
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I first heard about "We're Alive" from a friend who's a podcast nut (thank God) otherwise I'd never have been introduced to this awesome tale & yes I'm a fan of The Walking dead too, actually I introduced my friend to it, so we're even :)
I grew up in a Professional Fox Shooting Family, served 6 Years in the Aus Army, afterwards I did Private Security, (not my current Profession), I'm a Libertarian.
It'd probably come as no surprise to you to learn that I am also a Survivalist, I have to be, Australia is overrun with Zombies, but down my way we call them "Environmentalists & Climate Change Promoters", or Watermelons for short, Because they are Green on the outside & Red on the inside.
I think that's enough for now since you will no doubt learn more of me through my posts.

That is a somewhat intimidating nickname. "I do not like your post.....you will be nullified!!!" :p And man....I like that signature too!

Welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Nullifier
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks, what can I say, my Signature is a result of my own Life Experiences :)

Gunslinger
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I like him already, and I don't even know him. :)

I'm gonna have to remember the term Watermelon. Love that.

chimx
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Hi... as I wait for Walking Dead season 2, I found out about this podcast. A literally, this podcast is what is sustaining me as I wait for WDs2.

Right now I'm trying to catch up and blast through all the episodes of We're Alive.

Big thanks for those that produced this podcast, I'm enjoying it. There are things that are driving me crazy, but it's keeping me strung along nicely.

cupcakezombie
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Hi chimx,
welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Take a look around the forum and you will probably find plenty of threads where you can post about the things that are driving you crazy. There are plenty of people willing to debate anything about the series.
:)

MagicMike Kelley
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hello, my name is Mike Kelley, I live in Connecticut. I am an Operations Manager and Information Security Officer by day and a Magician (specializing in Close-up magic) part time. I'm a father of 3 and husband of 1:) A Freemason. I enjoy reading, drawing and a plethora of other things. I came by WA via a friend during a discussion where we found we enjoy reading Fantasy and have read some of the same epic series. I started listening to Audio Books a few years ago as I have an hour+ commute to work and he turned me on to WA....can't be thankful enough. This drama series is fantastic. I burned through all 23 chapters in about 4-5 days. Couldn't and can't get enough. Looking forward to more.

SoMoney
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hello survivors!
Names Michael Zietlow, aka SoMoney or JoeVolcano in gaming circles. Introduced to this podcast from a FB Friend.
The pauses between zombiepodcasts are terribly too long so I thought I'd get my fix in between by sharing my likes & dislikes with other survivors like like you.

nikvoodoo
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the club magicmike and so money!

diosa
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hi, I am a 30 yr old Dominican homemaker from the Bronx that ended up in Phoenix in '97. I've always been a fan of horror, sci fi, RPG's, Graphic Novels (Locke and Key and Crossed are high on my list) I was that cool girl that would play D&D in the basement with the computer guys in high school. So I've been told. My dream is to write sick and twisted horror fiction. Collaborate on a graphic novel with Gabriel Rodriguez one day....

I love this site. Saul is my future husband, if my fiance of 9 yrs doesn't mind too terribly. I like the humor and diction of many of the frequenters of this site and hope to make a little spot for myself here too.

diosa
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I started listening to Audio Books a few years ago as I have an hour+ commute to work and he turned me on to WA\

Check out History of the Devil by Seeing Ear Theater and just about anything else by them. It's like Twilight Zone for grownups. And then tell me how you likes it!

Osiris
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hi, I am a 30 yr old Dominican homemaker from the Bronx that ended up in Phoenix in '97. I've always been a fan of horror, sci fi, RPG's, Graphic Novels (Locke and Key and Crossed are high on my list) I was that cool girl that would play D&D in the basement with the computer guys in high school. So I've been told. My dream is to write sick and twisted horror fiction. Collaborate on a graphic novel with Gabriel Rodriguez one day....

I love this site. Saul is my future husband, if my fiance of 9 yrs doesn't mind too terribly. I like the humor and diction of many of the frequenters of this site and hope to make a little spot for myself here too.

Jeez... after 9 years you'd have expected him to longer be your fiance... j/k. welcome, welcome, welcome.

Also, the Twilight Zone WAS the Twilight Zone for adults... :cool:

smalls kenobi
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:39 PM
also, the twilight zone was the twilight zone for adults... :cool:

approved!!

diosa
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Wow, did you really think I didn't know that? I mean it's like an R rated Twilight Zone. Better twists, sex, and lots more fucked upness

diosa
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM
And thanks for the welcome. I can tell the group here has been posting together for a while. I've watched the forum a bit for the last couple if weeks and could not resist throwing my change into the midst.

We would be married if either of us considered it a big deal. It's so not. But if we do anytime soon, I want to do it at Burning Man!

Osiris
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM
And thanks for the welcome. I can tell the group here has been posting together for a while. I've watched the forum a bit for the last couple if weeks and could not resist throwing my change into the midst.

We would be married if either of us considered it a big deal. It's so not. But if we do anytime soon, I want to do it at Burning Man!

That would actually be pretty damn cool. Please... throw your two cents in often! A community of lurkers is a lot of people who never really get to know each other.. they just spend time watching each other from the shadows... in the dark... I'm just going to leave you with that thought and back away slowly. I suggest you do the same.

DevilRabbit
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hello,

My name is Levi, I am an avid video game player. I play a wide range of games, but have been cornered in the FPS genre for a while. Games aside, I enjoy listening to Audio Books, would read but I don't have much time for that with work, family and online classes, so listening works well. I enjoy the outdoors to an extent, I hunt, I ride fourwheelers, and shoot guns. My firearm collection consists of a Taurus 1911 cal .45 semi-auto pistol, as Taurus 24/7 oss .40 cal semi-auto pistol, and a .223 Remington model 700 bolt action rifle (for shooting Zombies when they are a little further out) So, I started listening to We're Alive a few weeks ago, and all I have to say is WOW! I didn't expect such a great story from a free to download podcast. I heard about We're Alive through Greg Miller on The BEYOND! podcast a while back, and decided to give it a try. Now that I am all caught up, and impatiently waiting for the next episode to come out, I decided to check out the forums. Hope to get to know some of you, and discuss our mutual interest, as well as anything else that comes up.

Levi, (a.k.a. DevilRabbit)

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Hello, omgosh, I'm awful at things... here goes anyway! Hi, I'm 20 years old I live in New england area, go Sox! I'm 20 years old, almost 21 soon. And, um... Nice too meet everyone! :)

Solanine
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SApyI.jpg

Welcome to the forums, its a regular nut house, There's even some fool that goes by the name "Private Parts".
Just be sure not to get drunk in the voodoo lounge, last time I woke up buried to the waste in Skittles!

Pegsocalypse Now
Jul 19th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone.

My name's Pete. I currently reside in Altoona, Pennsylvania. I'm self-employed. On my off time, I enjoy gaming on my PS3, writing (lyrics, poetry, short stories etc.), my two dogs and traveling... just to name a few things. I'm a huge fan of Horror, zombies in particular.
There are so many things of the zombie genre that I love - the imagery of the undead, the struggles and triumphs of the living and even the social commentary of our current society. That's why I love "We're Alive" so much It has all that and so much more... it has Pegs!!! Yeah I'm a total Pegs fanboy ha ha ha.

nikvoodoo
Jul 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SApyI.jpg

Welcome to the forums, its a regular nut house, There's even some fool that goes by the name "Private Parts".
Just be sure not to get drunk in the voodoo lounge, last time I woke up buried to the waste in Skittles!

Hey, bro...I tried to cut you off, but you just kept saying "Dirty Girl Scouts and Nuclear Powered Zombies all around!!!" I take no responsibility for where you ended up. But I'm willing to sell you back your boxers that are currently nailed onto the Wall of Fa-Shame.

And Welcome Pete!

Shadow Samus
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hi guys,
My name is Crinan, I'm 18 years old and am from across the pond in the UK (Scotland to be exact)
Started listening this year some way through chapter 2, and I came across We're Alive indirectly through Greg Miller's plugging of it on Gamescoop (they were talking about it on the IGN UK Podcast).
Love both We're Alive and We're Not Dead, they all do a great job.
Looking foreward to some good discussion with you all!

Waldo Butters
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hi guys,
My name is Crinan, I'm 18 years old and am from across the pond in the UK (Scotland to be exact)
Started listening this year some way through chapter 2, and I came across We're Alive indirectly through Greg Miller's plugging of it on Gamescoop (they were talking about it on the IGN UK Podcast).

Welcome to the crazy train! We party hard and celebrate everyones not-birthday! Good to have ya.

Osiris
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hi guys,

Welcome, welcome...

reaper239
Jul 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
hey-o what's up y'all i'm new around here and i just found out about we're alive today. i am already on ch7 part three. i love the show, it's one of the most unique and interesting things i've found on itunes. it has great production value for an indy show like this. the characters are well written the story is interesting and suspenseful, and the zombies are AWESOME. even if everything else was bad it would be worth listening to just to hear more about them. awesome show can't wait to hear more.

nikvoodoo
Jul 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
hey-o what's up y'all i'm new around here and i just found out about we're alive today. i am already on ch7 part three. i love the show, it's one of the most unique and interesting things i've found on itunes. it has great production value for an indy show like this. the characters are well written the story is interesting and suspenseful, and the zombies are AWESOME. even if everything else was bad it would be worth listening to just to hear more about them. awesome show can't wait to hear more.

Welcome! Tread carefully around here. Episode discussions, theories, characters and the we're not dead sections contain spoilers. We don't want to ruin the surprises for you!

Angrychef73
Jul 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
G'day peeps! New to the forum have been listening to the podcast for the last few months and think it's awesome I also listen to were not dead the give and take between britts and Greg is fucking funny!

Lavitz
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here but I've been listening to the podcasts for a couple weeks. My name is Luther Loomis aka Lavitz, I heard about we're alive from a friends friend, and was absolutely hooked first episode in.
I'm a student studying Game Art and Design at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, and finishing up my 3rd year of 4.

Zombie survival stories/games/movies became one of my favorite genres when I was about 11 years old when I stumbled across Resident Evil 2, and had nightmares for weeks.
After that I've been playing almost every zombie game and enjoying occasional movies and shows.
Movies like 28 days later and books like World War Z are some of my favorites.
After listening to We're Alive I ended up getting my roommates and friends back into Left4Dead 2 and we've been having a blast playing.

So yeah I love We're Alive, the characters feel soo real since you're listening and there's no visual acting that may pull away from the realism.
I can't wait for the live show this coming weekend, I even set an alarm on my phone just to make sure I don't sleep through it or miss it.

dangergoodfellow
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
A hearty hello to you all , Thought i would introduce myself then slowly slink back into lurking mode ;) J/K .
Have been following were alive / were not dead for awhile now and after trying to turn friends family anyone who will listen onto it to no avail . I have come here to join you all in your love and appreciation of what i believe to be one of the greatest addition to the Zombie genre in a very long time . My love for horror / post apocalyptic / zombie genre stems back to early childhood and has only grown through my years . In short i look forward to being able to have a good rant, laugh , cry about past and future episodes .

:) dangergoodfellow

Waldo Butters
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM
A hearty hello to you all , Thought i would introduce myself then slowly slink back into lurking mode ;) J/K .
Have been following were alive / were not dead for awhile now and after trying to turn friends family anyone who will listen onto it to no avail . I have come here to join you all in your love and appreciation of what i believe to be one of the greatest addition to the Zombie genre in a very long time . My love for horror / post apocalyptic / zombie genre stems back to early childhood and has only grown through my years . In short i look forward to being able to have a good rant, laugh , cry about past and future episodes .

:) dangergoodfellow

Good to have you aboard! Its not so much love and appreciation as it is addicts all grouping together and waiting for their next fix....

Teague
Jul 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM
This is my very first response to this forum, I've been on the WA "bandwagon" since last Oct... and love it. Listening captures the minds imagination so much better than viewing. I think that we all would like a movie, but would it satisfy? I also listen and follow the WND cast as well, sometimes I want to choke them out but I enjoy.

I'm very glad that iTunes listed WA in their Halloween podcasts.

Waldo Butters
Jul 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
This is my very first response to this forum, I've been on the WA "bandwagon" since last Oct... and love it. Listening captures the minds imagination so much better than viewing. I think that we all would like a movie, but would it satisfy? I also listen and follow the WND cast as well, sometimes I want to choke them out but I enjoy.

I'm very glad that iTunes listed WA in their Halloween podcasts.

Welcome and make yourself at home! We have a room open for you on the 10th floor, watch it though, it smells a bit....

Teague
Jul 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Welcome and make yourself at home! We have a room open for you on the 10th floor, watch it though, it smells a bit....

Anything for a sick/zombie Mario

MancheeLivesOn
Jul 28th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I am a recent disciple of the We're Alive pilgrimage. Initially when I heard Creem_Filling say at school we HAD to listen to this zombie... ahem "creatures" podcast I was slightly skeptical. When I did finally come around to listening to the first podcast I was hooked... and only had 3 days to catch up until I had to leave for summer camp. 2 all nighters later I was completely caught up... and now sad that I have to wait for new episodes like the rest of you. :'( I have been friends with Creem_Filling for a few years now and he continues to come to me to get his fix for a good read. Listening is much more rewarding than reading because you have more focus on imagining characters and scenery.

Waldo Butters
Jul 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I am a recent disciple of the We're Alive pilgrimage. Initially when I heard Creem_Filling say at school we HAD to listen to this zombie... ahem "creatures" podcast I was slightly skeptical. When I did finally come around to listening to the first podcast I was hooked... and only had 3 days to catch up until I had to leave for summer camp. 2 all nighters later I was completely caught up... and now sad that I have to wait for new episodes like the rest of you. :'( I have been friends with Creem_Filling for a few years now and he continues to come to me to get his fix for a good read. Listening is much more rewarding than reading because you have more focus on imagining characters and scenery.

Welcome to the forum! We've got a book thread that might interest you. Have fun and welcome to collective of addicts waiting for their fix that is the forums...

Lavitz
Jul 29th, 2011, 03:03 AM

Welcome, I've been trying to convince a lot of my friends to listen in, most end up changing conversation before I even tell them the site or the name of the Podcast.
I have a few friends that started, but I haven't heard back from them yet about listening in.

If you are going to make some posts about books I'll have to ask you about some fantasy books to suggest.

Creem_Filling
Jul 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Hey! I'm going to guess by the name and story that you are... Matt? When I saw Mancheeliveson I was like, "OMG, another possible fan of the book series!" Welcome anyhow.

MancheeLivesOn
Jul 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome, I've been trying to convince a lot of my friends to listen in, most end up changing conversation before I even tell them the site or the name of the Podcast.
I have a few friends that started, but I haven't heard back from them yet about listening in.

If you are going to make some posts about books I'll have to ask you about some fantasy books to suggest.

Ah a fellow bookworm! I shall attempt to locate said book thread. And as for fantasy books I suggest Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Alternate history WWI book involving massive machines on one side of the war and spliced animals on the other. Story about a girl dressing as a boy to join the Royal Air Force to board the legendary flying whale of a ship, The Leviathan. Creem can vouch for me on said series.

The other series I suggest is the Chaos Walking Trilogy. Three books each about 500 pages each. Takes place on a planet where you can hear eachother's thoughts but also means you can't hide any of your own. Each book has more cliffhangers than Rosie O Donal has chins. The story follows Todd Hewitt and his journey to manhood. Also where my profile's namesake comes from. Creem will adamantly defend this series tooth and nail. The first book is called The Knife of Never Letting Go.

I hope that at least one of these will satisify your needs for the time being. Something tells me I shall be spending large amounts of time on the books thread though.

Creem_Filling
Jul 29th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Ah a fellow bookworm! I shall attempt to locate said book thread. And as for fantasy books I suggest Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Alternate history WWI book involving massive machines on one side of the war and spliced animals on the other. Story about a girl dressing as a boy to join the Royal Air Force to board the legendary flying whale of a ship, The Leviathan. Creem can vouch for me on said series.

The other series I suggest is the Chaos Walking Trilogy. Three books each about 500 pages each. Takes place on a planet where you can hear eachother's thoughts but also means you can't hide any of your own. Each book has more cliffhangers than Rosie O Donal has chins. The story follows Todd Hewitt and his journey to manhood. Also where my profile's namesake comes from. Creem will adamantly defend this series tooth and nail. The first book is called The Knife of Never Letting Go.

I hope that at least one of these will satisify your needs for the time being. Something tells me I shall be spending large amounts of time on the books thread though.

It's here. http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Books I've never actually read Leviation, but yes, Chaos Walking was awesome.

Lavitz
Jul 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM

I'm a very slow reader and I'm easy to please, so no doubt I'll be satisfied.
I usually just have trouble getting into specific author's way of writing, Leviathan seems pretty sweet, but the Chaos Walking Trilogy's subject seems more enticing for me.
Since I'm a slow reader I haven't read too many books (Harry Potter 1-4, Halo books, World War Z, and Claymore [manga]), I can vouch for any of those though.
They're light/easy reads, The Halo books surprised me how good they were.

PirateLordBush
Jul 30th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Hey ppl, second time posting (first one is on the "How did you find us" thread), but have been listening since January/February.
The name's Noel, from the southeast asia area.. just want to say, i really really love this show, and from the looks of it, i'm gonna love the community too.

awesomej95
Jul 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hello! I'm a huge fan of We're Alive and came over IGN, thank you Greg? love this show and you're character, what ever happened to Pete i hope he makes an appearance next season!

BabySniffer
Jul 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Hello all, I'm a big fan of We're Alive, came here from a friend. I'm just a nerd from Vancouver B.C. , I play alot of videogames :P I also play football, and rugby for local teams.

Waldo Butters
Jul 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hello all, I'm a big fan of We're Alive, came here from a friend. I'm just a nerd from Vancouver B.C. , I play alot of videogames :P I also play football, and rugby for local teams.

Welcome aboard! Good to have ya! We've got a video games section under 'Everything Else' if you want to talk gaming and games, so check it out if you're interested.

LittleSurvivor
Jul 30th, 2011, 05:00 PM
So, another Newbie, but I won't take much space in the "Tower to be" since the old one just went to hell tonight...
I'm Lucia, come from and live in Germany and am a student at University (Communication Sciences, Politics, Law - all that useless crap during a zombie apocalypse...). Besides I work for a public radio station, so I can at least warn people later on...
And I live in a small flat under the roof in a house close to Frankfurt, so I can at least shut the building off and in case of emergency flee onto the roof if "zombie-day" comes ;-)
I love We're Alive (as everyone else here, logically) and everything else wonderful minds can create with voices and sound in people's heads - especially if it's the narrative kind ;-)
Ok, and I've just decided: everything else about me remains a mystery! I hate obvious characters.

Nazario Jose Lopez
Jul 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM
So, another Newbie, but I won't take much space in the "Tower to be" since the old one just went to hell tonight...
I'm Lucia, come from and live in Germany and am a student at University (Communication Sciences, Politics, Law - all that useless crap during a zombie apocalypse...). Besides I work for a public radio station, so I can at least warn people later on...
And I live in a small flat under the roof in a house close to Frankfurt, so I can at least shut the building off and in case of emergency flee onto the roof if "zombie-day" comes ;-)
I love We're Alive (as everyone else here, logically) and everything else wonderful minds can create with voices and sound in people's heads - especially if it's the narrative kind ;-)
Ok, and I've just decided: everything else about me remains a mystery! I hate obvious characters.

Welcome Lucia. :D

Lavitz
Jul 31st, 2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome to the tower hopefully we'll unravel your mysteries and find out more about you =)

kek
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm new to the forums, but have been listening to We're Alive since a few weeks into the first season after my brother suggested i listen to it. I love this podcast, and have also been trying to get some of my friends to listen, so far no luck, just my brothers listen to it. Hoping to get more people to listen, especially people from MGL (Mount Gaming League) at my college since most are interested in zombies and video games too. I'm a nursing student, and have a pretty awesome zombie survival plan despite what my brothers say ;) lol.

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
I'm new to the forums, but have been listening to We're Alive since a few weeks into the first season after my brother suggested i listen to it. I love this podcast, and have also been trying to get some of my friends to listen, so far no luck, just my brothers listen to it. Hoping to get more people to listen, especially people from MGL (Mount Gaming League) at my college since most are interested in zombies and video games too. I'm a nursing student, and have a pretty awesome zombie survival plan despite what my brothers say ;) lol.

He'll change his tune when you save his ass come Z Day. Welcome! Glad to have you!

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:35 PM

604 represent.

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Wow. Quite a lot of new people! Welcome to the Tower guys!

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:38 PM

I Love A Mystery. Another great dramatic radio serial from back in the day. Also, there is very little that is logical about this place. Still... welcome.

kek
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:42 PM
He'll change his tune when you save his ass come Z Day. Welcome! Glad to have you!

Hell yeah he will, both my brothers will need saving from their failed plans.

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:45 PM

I am intrigued. How does your plan differ from theirs? Are we looking at a simple flight/escape vs fight/barricade scenario or are there major fundamental conflicts within each plan?

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM

Oldest? Youngest of how many?

kek
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:10 AM
I am intrigued. How does your plan differ from theirs? Are we looking at a simple flight/escape vs fight/barricade scenario or are there major fundamental conflicts within each plan?

All of it is different, I have two older brothers. One wants to escape in a blimp and live there until the zombies die out. The biggest flaw: where is he supposed to find a blimp in Cincinnati while zombies are running around killing people?? if he does find one, he does not know how to fly it and him and his friend who came up with this plan are kinda sissys lol.
Oldest brother wants to hole up in a stadium. Biggest flaw: stadiums will have the chance of being super crowded at onset of apocalypse, so could be swarming with zombies with only a few ways out. Stadiums could be hard to defend, although it is a better plan than the blimp.
I plan on going to Alaska (or somewhere else similarly cold), my cousin has a helicopter and I'm flying up there with a few friends who will also survive. The zombies will freeze in Alaska, but we know about cold weather living.

Pieman
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
My name is Joseph and I right now live on Fort Drum, but soon will move to Kansas. I am still in high school and only 2 years left. My father is in the Air Force and we have moved 5 times all over the country and even in Germany. But the place I call home is Junction City, a town off of Fort Riley, and is a nice town. I am a bit of video game geek and love playing jazz on my alto saxophone. I found this podcast sifting through zune's podcast list.

tempestuous_teapot
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hi, my name is Teresa, and I've been listening to the podcast for a couple of months now. New to the whole "forum" thingy--but I figured what the heck. This is the best podcast I have ever listened to, and I am constantly amazed by the talent of the actors and writers. So, yeah, I guess that's it. :)

langston_travis
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
hey everyone, my name is langston and im from Baton Rouge, LA. First learned of WA from Greg Miller on the ign gamescoop podcast(good stuff by the way). Was hooked from the first episode and i am a huge fan of KC's gifted narrative skills and has since inspired me to develop my own podcast series which is in development. My favorite characters on the show are Saul and Bert.... i like Bert mainly because of the heavy clint eastwood influences, and Saul is hilarious, to me he is one of the more profound characters because even in his short comings, Saul follows his heart and is probably the most noble of the main characters...even over michael and angel....(a few more things about me) Im currently a film student at Baton Rouge Community College, which has been a really great experiance for me, ive been able to seize alot of career oppurtunities, worked on my first major film gig last fall for the upcoming "Battleship" film starring Liam Neeson and Tyler Kitsch..im really excited about it because thanks to director Peter Berg, i was given the opportunity to actually shoot an entire scene for the movie which made the final cut..so look out for that one in 2012, its a bar sequence but i cant say too much else about it for now :),..moving on, im very eccentric and huge fan of retro pop culture, love writing, poetry, movie scripts songs, a heavy music head,...listen to everything....EXCEPT COUNTRY.....i despise country..so thats a some stuff about me, and i am honored to be amongst you all in the common interest of one of the greatest modern dayaudio recorded series..thank you KC wayland...thank you forum members..im glad to be apart of this huge and crazy fanbase

Waldo Butters
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
hey everyone, my name is langston and im from Baton Rouge, LA. First learned of WA from Greg Miller on the ign gamescoop podcast(good stuff by the way). Was hooked from the first episode and i am a huge fan of KC's gifted narrative skills and has since inspired me to develop my own podcast series which is in development. My favorite characters on the show are Saul and Bert.... i like Bert mainly because of the heavy clint eastwood influences, and Saul is hilarious, to me he is one of the more profound characters because even in his short comings, Saul follows his heart and is probably the most noble of the main characters...even over michael and angel....(a few more things about me) Im currently a film student at Baton Rouge Community College, which has been a really great experiance for me, ive been able to seize alot of career oppurtunities, worked on my first major film gig last fall for the upcoming "Battleship" film starring Liam Neeson and Tyler Kitsch..im really excited about it because thanks to director Peter Berg, i was given the opportunity to actually shoot an entire scene for the movie which made the final cut..so look out for that one in 2012, its a bar sequence but i cant say too much else about it for now :),..moving on, im very eccentric and huge fan of retro pop culture, love writing, poetry, movie scripts songs, a heavy music head,...listen to everything....EXCEPT COUNTRY.....i despise country..so thats a some stuff about me, and i am honored to be amongst you all in the common interest of one of the greatest modern dayaudio recorded series..thank you KC wayland...thank you forum members..im glad to be apart of this huge and crazy fanbase

Glad to have you aboard!

spellchekk
Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone!
My name is Sarah and I'm a 19 year old college student studying visual effects and game design in Missouri.
I love survival and apocalypse stories, especailly when they feature zombies. So naturally when I found We're Alive I was thrilled!
I found this show by just browsing through itunes for any kind of zombie podcast, and I was very lucky that this was the first one that popped up.
I hope that we can have lots of discussion and follow the story together as it unfolds!

ComradeNarf
Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Great to have you on the forums, Sarah! I hope we get a chance to see some of your visual effects work in the future!

spellchekk
Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Sure thing! If I ever get a chance to do a zombie related project I'll be sure to let you all know. :)

dontkillburt
Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
The name is Jim, but my handle here is dontkillburt. And I mean that. Burt is my favorite character and I’d really hate to see him get offed from the show. He will survive (right KC?).

At sixty, I imagine I am one of the elder listeners here. But that’s okay, I’m still young at heart and I REALLY enjoy the We’re Alive broadcast.

Can’t say I’m much of a zombie buff. Never believed them to be much of a threat to my existence. As a kid growing up, it was only cold war, nuclear bombed resurrected dinosaurs that stomped on major Japanese cities (that we also bombed) or outer space blobs rolling down the theater aisles you had to contend with. And only if you heard a theremin playing somewhere, did you know someone was about to be threatened, abducted or eaten. Okay, the Night of the Living Dead was somewhat apocalyptic, but by 1968 I was about graduating from high school and knew zombies didn’t really pose a problem. Especially since Burt’s Vietnam war was then in high gear, giving America’s youth something even more frightening to deal with than zombies.

Anyway, I live in El Segundo, CA, which, according to the official We’re Alive “map”, is just a stone’s throw south of the maller’s mall and the pumping station, and immediately adjacent to LAX south runways. To my south, according to the map, lies Eastern Bay, which I’m still looking for. I think we locals refer to it as “Redondo Beach”.

Anyway, big fan of the broadcast and am looking forward to season three. We all are (zombies included).

ComradeNarf
Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forums, Jim. Since so many of us here are zombie buffs, it's really great to see the show's appeal growing beyond the expected groups. I'm certain you'll find plenty of people here who support your wish to see Burt survive the series!

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty. Yo zombies, I know how you want to munch me.:cool: I found out We're Alive on my Windows Phone from a app called Podcast! v2.0. I have listened to thousand of podcasts and We're Alive is one the podcast that stands the time test of time. It is has characters you actually care about. Good storyline and great sound and they sound like they know a decent amount about the military. I am glad it is a podcast and not a movie because they were able to focus more building likeable characters and not focusing on gore and comedy. It also adds a twist to what the zombies are. I wish I was part of the cast.

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm not gonna go into too much detail here (for my own sake guys) but my name is Jake I'm still in high school and right about now its kicking my ass. I live about 20 miles south of Garden City Kansas. Nice town but it has a gang problem. The country is nice out here but the crappy part is it can get to 110 in the summer and -6 in the winter. This causes me to stay inside a lot and thats where I discovered video games and We're alive. I was a pathological gamer for a few years and thats where I discovered horror, zombies, and realized how awesome it is. I'm great with technology and computers, and hope to go into some sort of game developing career. What video games are you playing?

PirateBeew
Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hey ladies and gentlemen

I am PirateBeew No i'm not a real pirate but i can still speak pretty good pirate................. I live in huddersfield England I stumbled across were alive when it was on chapter 7 So i gladly listened one episode after another to catch up an since have been hooked. It is the first and only podcast i listen to. I'm your typical guy love gym love sports and love games

So thanks for your time and i hope i can contribute in a positive way

all the best
With a bottle or rum

PirateBeew

Orik960
Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
My name is Alec and I live about hour south of LA and a little closer to Orange County where I believe they record the show. I am a high school student who also loves a lot of zombie related books such as The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks and Day by Day Armageddon. I also play lots of single player video games and tennis which is the best sport ever. I found this podcast because of one of my best friends hearing it from one his friends who is planning to be a director. On the nerdier side I am a huge Lotr (Lord of the Rings) especially the books to precede them (The Hobbit, The Silmarilion). Oh and I love to read. That about sums me up. Can't wait for the rest of this great story!

Damianjh
Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hello Hello...Damian here, long time listener here from Sydney. Decided to hop on to the forums a bit more. Bed timing AFTER series 2 finishes, but oh well gets me ready for the 3rd :)

Zombiehead
Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forums guys!

Jillibean
Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Jill and I just started listening to We're Alive. I was driving my friend and me home to LA from Comic Con and we started to listen to the first season CDs. He said that he was all caught up and was just waiting for the next episode. He thought I would like it and wanted me to listen. I have to commute a lot and I burned through those podcasts. Started listening on 7/24 and I'm all caught up now (8/3). Everyone can probably guess I'm a nerd because I was coming back from Comic Con so you could guess that my interests are comic books, video games, television, and movies. But I am also a LA Kings fan. A perfect evening for me could involve me driving to a Kings game listening to the newest episode of We're Alive. I'm looking forward to that possibility this fall.

ComradeNarf
Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the forums, Jill. Great to see another person hooked on the show so fast! *wrings hands fiendishly* Hope you had a blast at Comic Con, too.

ZombieNick
Aug 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I've been a big fan of the series for a long time now. It is better written than most TV series, book, and movies. As a fellow veteran of U.S. Army intelligence, KC does a great job of painting a clear picture of a soldier's mindset, and the bond that develops between soldiers and how deployments changes a soldier each time he/she deploys, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. The lax relationship between Angel and Michael, at the beginning of the series, was different from my experience in the Army but, then again I was Active Duty and Reserve operates differently the we do. Anyway, all star cast and crew. Simply greatness. Glad to be here.

DarkeStorm
Aug 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Greetings fellow Survivor addicts, I have been hooked on the series since the publish of the origial wa-2-3 episode. I work an IT job and the work can be feast or famine so in my famine times I tend to fill the time with audio books and online podcasts. I was looking for something to fill my time when my websearch stumbled onto KC's wonderul production and I have been an avid listener ever since. I want to commend all of those involved in the production on what an excpetional job they have done! I have passed on my interest of the project to many coworkers and friends and am quite sure have helped to bring many more fans into the fold of listeners. I look forward to season 3 and want to state this is quite possibly the best audio fiction production I have listened to for many years. I have only recently begun to read the forums and threads and look forward to digesting all the thoughts, comments, and listener thoeries to what may transpire next in our intrepid survivors adventures!

yarri
Aug 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forums Darkestorm. Its nice to see someone out infecting other new fans. :D

Kilem_dafoe
Aug 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
When I was 5 years old I caught Return of the Living Dead 2 on channel 5 one faithful sunday morning. I saw the whole thing and afterwards I couldn't sleep with the lights turned off. I was afraid of zombies eating my brains until I was well into my teens and I was able to watch Return of the Living dead again. After that I started to watch everything zombie and when books started to come out I started to read everything. The Dawn of the Dead remake is probably my favorite zombie movie but of course I like Night of Living Dead and the 28 days later franchise. I'm a big fan of zombie comedies as well which is why I wrote my own Zombie Comedy that will hopefully one day become a movie or a comic book. Maybe even both. I love this podcast though.

nikvoodoo
Aug 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Your story sounds a little like mine. Except mine was the Night of the Living Dead that made me not sleep with the lights off. Welcome Kilem!

lenarinn
Aug 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hello my name is Selena usually i go by Lena. I am a student at the moment and studying the Japanese language and culture. I first got into this podcast about a month ago, i was visiting my dad and my two sisters and on the ride to his home we played the first three episodes for me in his car. Of course since I was just coming into an already two years running series I had a we're Alive marathon. I've been recommending the podcast to people nonstop since i first heard it but i haven't gotten around to creating an account until now. I've never been a huge Zombie or horror fan to be honest though i do love the resident evil franchise. I'm not completely sure what else to say so I'll just leave it at that, I know im going to regret not writing more in my introduction to the site but that all i got. If you want to know more send me a message. I love talking to people so as soon as i get it i'll be sure to answer back.

nikvoodoo
Aug 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Don't worry about it, Lena. Most of the introduction statements in this thread are just like
Hi. I'm Me. See you around.

Welcome to the community :)

lenarinn
Aug 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks ^^

gaijinpunk
Aug 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hello all!

Shouting out from the wilds of Ohio here. (And yes, I actually am in Columbus. Please... no Zombieland jokes...)
I found We're Alive by chance, while hopping around on Facebook, talking to other zombie / horror fans. Downloaded and listened to chapter 1 yesterday and was hooked. Got 2-4 last night, 5-11 from I-Tunes today and will grab the rest over the course of the week. (The drive to work to and from is going to be a HELL of a lot more fun for the foreseeable future.). Maybe a chapter a night until I catch up!
To the cast and crew: You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work!

nikvoodoo
Aug 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Hello all!

Shouting out from the wilds of Ohio here. (And yes, I actually am in Columbus. Please... no Zombieland jokes...)
I found We're Alive by chance, while hopping around on Facebook, talking to other zombie / horror fans. Downloaded and listened to chapter 1 yesterday and was hooked. Got 2-4 last night, 5-11 from I-Tunes today and will grab the rest over the course of the week. (The drive to work to and from is going to be a HELL of a lot more fun for the foreseeable future.). Maybe a chapter a night until I catch up!
To the cast and crew: You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work!

Welcome! Tread carefully around the forum! Episode Discussions, Theories, Characters and We're Not Dead forums all contain spoilers! Enjoy your drive to work!!

LoneSurvivor
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the zombie apocalypse! I'm your host Lone Survivor and I will be guiding you to your doom today! In order to survive longer and increase your blood pressure because of the great amount of stress that comes from the zombie apocalypse you should find me on Steam where I play Left 4 Dead under the user name KamikazeBoomer. In this chaotic world it is best to stick by someone who is younger and runs cross country for school faster than you so that you can have the satisfaction of allowing them to live while you fall behind and are consumed by the zombies. Remember, someone needs to survive, and you don't want a small 17 year old boy to die would you? That would be a horrible thing to live with, knowing you could have sacrificed yourself to let me live a longer and fuller life of excitement! We hope you enjoyed your tour of the zombie apocalypse and thank you for choosing Lone Survivor. We know you have many survivors to choose from and hope you will return to Lone Survivor again the next time you need to navigate the world of the undead. Say hello to the pinstriped one for me! *runs in the distance while the horde traps and overwhelms you*

badhead
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
hi, my name is brian from Northern Ireland, just joined the forum. Found out about we'er alive after in was mentiod in another podcast. Just working my way through the first series

h3half
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
My name is Henry, and I live in South-eastern Wisconsin. (The specific location doesn't really matter. Internet security 101)

I am currently going to high school, and am aspiring to either be a software engineer/hardware engineer. I like to know stuff, and I like anything with buttons and screen(s). I play Minecraft (a lot) along with Fallout series games, Battlefield games, Call of Duty games, etc. I play with friends a lot, but I also enjoy spending $60 to get like 500 hours for a game like Fallout 3. I also multi-task constantly, so when I'm doing something I will be listening to a podcast on my iTouch (sometimes We're Alive).

End of Story.

senor_rall
Aug 11th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hello,

My name is Mike and I was turned on to We're Alive while driving from California to New Hampshire a month ago(which is where I'm currently living). I look forward to chatting with you all about We're Alive and other related topics!

werewolf
Aug 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM
hi all.
my name is lance aka werewolf. I got turned on to We're Alive by getting bored with TV. I am impressed by the story line. I was brought up listening to some of the old time radio programs. no I am not that old. I use to listen to radio station that would replayed the old ones. I have rediscovered my love of the theater of the mind. Thanks for bringing such a great and well played series. Keep it up.

Dom
Aug 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
May aswell

Hows it goin' names dom i come from a small town in scotland called bo'ness it looks like your version of california on a normal day. I work as a paintball marshall probably the best job i've ever had involves a lot of running and stuff but watching some some 9 year old shoot his big brother or sister PRICELESS ,I've got a few hobbies kinda on monster hunter kick right now playing Tri and unite , awesome games , like reading my favourite book will always be the fellowship of the ring by JRR Tolkien must have read 100 times like gaming too played the crap of the resident evil series best one and my favourite games has to be resi 2 . Addicted to We're Alive right probably the best zombie story i've heard in a while keep them coming much love from scotland. PS why don't the download mp3 links on the site work ?

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Lots of new introductions these past few days! Welcome to you all! Enjoy your time here!

Solanine
Aug 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
May aswell

Hows it goin' names dom i come from a small town in scotland called bo'ness it looks like your version of california on a normal day. I work as a paintball marshall probably the best job i've ever had involves a lot of running and stuff but watching some some 9 year old shoot his big brother or sister PRICELESS ,I've got a few hobbies kinda on monster hunter kick right now playing Tri and unite , awesome games , like reading my favourite book will always be the fellowship of the ring by JRR Tolkien must have read 100 times like gaming too played the crap of the resident evil series best one and my favourite games has to be resi 2 . Addicted to We're Alive right probably the best zombie story i've heard in a while keep them coming much love from scotland. PS why don't the download mp3 links on the site work ?

Really, you call Falkirk the California of Scotland? xD Welcome to the forums, nice to have another brit AND a Tolkien fan.

Dom
Aug 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Nah i was saying zombie ridden california is bo'ness any time of the year lol

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM

Dom, hi.

Dom
Aug 14th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Hi

Solanine
Aug 14th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Lol, I agree. I would probably say that Wick is worse.

jobe13
Aug 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
My name is Bo and I'm from Hattiesburg, MS. I'm 37 yrs old, married, and have a 16 yr old son.

Cannibal
Aug 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Greetings All,
Im Cannibal. Im also 37 and from Houston. I was doing a torrent search for an audio version of the book "World War Z" (pretty good btw, looking forward to the film) and came across the first season of We're Alive. I had never heard of it and thought Id give it a chance. Since begining it, Ive been tearing thru the chapters veraciously. Im not a big fan of horror fiction, perfering sci-fi. But I've been hooked on the "Zombie Apoclypse" genre ever since I saw Night of the Living Dead as a kid. Man, that movie (and the Shining) realy scared the hell out of me back then, I loved it. Anyway. I figure since it was an ongoing series I was going to need a place to talk about new chapters, rumors, theories and the like, and that lead me here.

c

AdrianHD
Aug 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
My name is Bo and I'm from Hattiesburg, MS. I'm 37 yrs old, married, and have a 16 yr old son.
Welcome! =]

Greetings All,
Im Cannibal. Im also 37 and from Houston. I was doing a torrent search for an audio version of the book "World War Z" (pretty good btw, looking forward to the film) and came across the first season of We're Alive. I had never heard of it and thought Id give it a chance. Since begining it, Ive been tearing thru the chapters veraciously. Im not a big fan of horror fiction, perfering sci-fi. But I've been hooked on the "Zombie Apoclypse" genre ever since I saw Night of the Living Dead as a kid. Man, that movie (and the Shining) realy scared the hell out of me back then, I loved it. Anyway. I figure since it was an ongoing series I was going to need a place to talk about new chapters, rumors, theories and the like, and that lead me here.

c

Glad you found us! The Shining certainly is a weird movie o_O I haven't even seen it and think it's weird from the clips I've seen haha.

Osiris
Aug 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Welcome! =]

Glad you found us! The Shining certainly is a weird movie o_O I haven't even seen it and think it's weird from the clips I've seen haha.

You haven't seen The Shining? Tell me... do you get high speed under that rock or are you still dialup?

John Bruno Tristan
Aug 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
hey everyone! ever since my brother introduced me to the show i was hooked!! thanks for making a great great, show!

ComradeNarf
Aug 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
hey everyone! ever since my brother introduced me to the show i was hooked!! thanks for making a great great, show!

Glad to have you as part of the group! And thanks to your brother for spreading the We're Alive love. :)

whatever
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Sup everyone. Czechbro here (for those who are not aware of the Czech Republic, it's a country situated in the middle of Europe). I have just discovered this podcast (totally by coincidence - I was googling "some funny podcast" to practice English, lol) and after listening just 2 parts I was pretty sure that this is what I want to waste my time with :). Already listened 3 full episodes and still listening.

By the way, concerning many people here are lovers of everything related to zombies (not my case, actually), I have to recommend you this flash game "Dude and zombies" I have played recently.

CodyfromOhio
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hi everybody. So I first heard of Were Alive from Greg Miller on one of the IGN game podcasts, at the time my father was in the hospital so I was having to drive back and forth fairly often and wanted something to listen too that would take my mind off things and I found that and more in Were Alive. I was able to plow through season one and got up to season 2 at the Colony arc. So it's been a fun ride and I'm joining now to go crazy about the wait with everybody else.