PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite TV Mini-Series?

MrScott101
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I have to say one of my all time fav's is Taken

I also really like but haven't finished the sy fy Tin Man

Also the Original V mini series!!

cycogod
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:52 PM
The New Battlestar Galactica. Old school Twin Peaks was awesome,untill the end.

yarri
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
The Stand and V the original.

j0be
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Definitely the lost room

Chogidog
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Definitely the lost room

Just watched that over the last couple days. Saw it mentioned in the chatbox and DL'd it. It was pretty good.

Joosbawx
Apr 13th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Does Firefly count? hehehe

The Stand is excellent, but I also like Tin Man & ArchAngel (starring Daniel Craig). Incidentally, all three are available for streaming on NetFlix.

j0be
Apr 13th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Just watched that over the last couple days. Saw it mentioned in the chatbox and DL'd it. It was pretty good.

YES! I was the one who mentioned it there too! What did you think?

Chogidog
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
YES! I was the one who mentioned it there too! What did you think?

I liked it a lot actually. A lot better than most of theScifi/syfy B movies that they pump out.
I definitely should have let it last longer than I did to take up these 3 weeks, but that didn't happen.

Eviebae
May 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Definitely the lost room

WOW!
::leaps around room in nerd ecstasy::
Someone else who loved the series! I bought it on DVD. I have no idea why it never became a series! It would have been so great. Everyone has moved onto other projects now--or grown up. *Sigh*

It was such a complete world--well imagined and the character actors were sorta 3D. What do you think the event was?

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
WOW!
::leaps around room in nerd ecstasy::
Someone else who loved the series! I bought it on DVD. I have no idea why it never became a series! It would have been so great. Everyone has moved onto other projects now

Not quite. The producers are publishing a comic series based on the miniseries sometime this year.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
I also have to say, the Lost Room was great. I saw it mentioned in the thread about TV shows, I believe.
Obviously, the Walking Dead was great too. The ending kinda sucked though.

MrScott101
May 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I'm glad so many like/love the lost room I too really wished they would have continued with it, such a great concept.

I'd say that firefly counts since it never went past the first season, but otherwise it would be a tv show.

mascaria
Jun 1st, 2011, 04:16 AM
Kingdom Hospital. *nods*

Tandem25
Jun 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Pillars of the Earth was preety cool

Was it? I started it a couple of months ago. In the first 15 minutes it differed so much from the book that I had to stop watching it. The acting and scenery/sets looked great. I may have to give it another shot.

Fav mini-series: North and South http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_and_South_(TV_miniseries)
I thought it was great as a kid. Haven't seen it since.

The Stand and Lonesome Dove get honorable mentions.