PDA

View Full Version : Burt link with mallers?

MrScott101
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:11 PM
So I was listening to the beginning chapters to gather intel for my next blog update and in Chapter 3 part 2 when Saul and Angel pick up Burt, he makes mention of being raided and it sounds like he knew who it was. They were professional very professional in order to get into his safe. Could this be a link with Burt and the mallers? or Scratch? Not saying he's the rat but I think that is a link.

Re1ndeer
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think that there was a comment somewhere after that about how the Mallers took Burt's stuff. It might be somewhere near 12 - The War.

I assumed the Locked and Loaded store was where all of the Mallers got their weapons.

MrScott101
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I was trying to emphasize that he obviously knew who came in and raided him but skirted info about it fairly quickly. Kind of an uneasy skirting of the info.

j0be
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Also, there have been discussions specifically that it might have been Latch, due to his nickname.

MrScott101
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I did a search to see if there was a specific post about this but I came up with 4-5 pages of other stuff that the words I searched for just not put together this way. might be a dead topic or better off in a different thread. But that would be and interesting association. I'll have to listen more and see if Burt seemed to recognize him in the war.

ObamaCat
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:25 PM
After Burt asks her where she got her weapon, Scratch says she's "Locked and Loaded". Maybe he's seen her rob the store before?

j0be
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Scratch pretty much came out and said they stole it from Locked & Loaded, however, there really hasn't been any connotation that Burt knew of them before the outbreak.

Rock Daddy
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah I think there's not too much to read into there. The mallers got out and thought "We need guns!" and went right to Burt's gun store and raided it. He recognized Scratch's unique gun because it was from his store, as she playfully boasted. (Which really pissed him off) I don't think there's any history there.

MrScott101
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Ok, points very well taken, I concede but it did bring up a decent discussion.